Dog-friendly West Yorkshire
- Huddersfield, England
Nestled in the West Yorkshire countryside, Bagden Hall Hotel is the perfect dog-friendly destination for a relaxing break in Yorkshire’s ‘Last of the Summer Wine’ country, with the Peak district and Brontë Country close by.£95Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Leeds, England
A contemporary dog-friendly spa hotel on the outskirts of Leeds, with the Yorkshire Dales and North Moors on the doorstep. The hotel has a super cosy atmosphere with large open fire, crackling away in the winter months.£155Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Holmfirth, EnglandThis wonderful, semi-detached, stone-built weaver’s cottage can be found in an elevated position on a quiet back street just 2 minute’s walk from the centre of Holmfirth. Grade II listed and full of character, each of the rooms has wonderful features, such as mullioned windows, exposed beams, and an inglenook fireplace.
Spaciously set over three floors, the design of the cottage incorporates an original stone staircase, which combined with the steep cobbled nature of the surrounding terrain would mean people with limited mobility would struggle. Outside the cottage benefits from a split-level terrace complete with a private hot tub, which offers superb views right across Holmfirth town. Guests also have access to the owner’s indoor swimming pool, sauna, and hot tub, 7 miles away, available for the exclusive use of guests for a nominal charge. Holmfirth itself has an abundance of shops, cafés, tea rooms, restaurants, and pubs, and is even home to its very own vineyard which offers meals, tours, and wine-tasting events. Located on the edge of the fabulous Peak District National Park means there are endless outdoor opportunities for walkers. Cyclists alike will relish the chance to recreate the 2015 Tour de Yorkshire at Holme Moss. Widely recognised as the backdrop for the record-breaking BBC comedy Last of the Summer Wine you can take a tour around the variety of film locations, or even visit the Picturedrome which is a fabulous venue for live music and events.
Eider Cottage (ref UKC850) and Shelduck Cottage (ref UKC848) back onto each other, and Mallard Cottage (ref UKC849) is 700 yards away. They can be booked individually, or together to accommodate up to 12 guests. Shop ½ mile, pub 700 yards, restaurant 525 yards.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandThis beautiful semi-detached, 16th-century, Grade II listed cottage can be found in the delightful Calderdale village of Warley, West Yorkshire, in a conservation area. Surrounded by stunning countryside, the cottage offers outstanding views over the stunning rural surrounding with scenic walks straight on the doorstep. There are also two pubs within walking distance. With exposed stone and wooden beams throughout the cottage you have that instant country living feel, the owners have gone to great lengths to ensure the property is a home from home.
The cottage is set over two levels, you enter into the dining room which is a lovely space to sit and have a family meal in front of the gorgeous wood burner. Opposite the dining room is the comfortable and cosy living room where you can relax again in front of another wood burner which will keep you warm on the colder evenings. On the same floor you have a well-presented, well-equipped kitchen which has plenty of room for food preparation. On the ground floor also is a shower room with shower cubicle, heated towels rail, toilet, and wash basin. Up one flight of stone steps is the beautifully presented master bedroom which presents a plush kingsize bed and Smart TV. The second bedroom also has a kingsize bed and Smart TV. The third bedroom has a double bed with all three bedrooms having luxury linen and fantastic views of the surrounding area and guaranteeing a perfect night’s sleep. The second lovely family shower room offers a shower cubicle and heated towel rail, a great place to have a soak after a day’s exploring. To the rear of the cottage, you have a private patio area with garden furniture and barbeque, a pretty place to sit and have a glass of fizz alfresco style and take in the fresh countryside air.
A 10-minute drive will take you to the historic town of Halifax, where you will find ample amenities including many great places to eat and drink. Halifax is also home to the unique Grade I listed Piece Hall where scenes from BBC’s Gentleman Jack were filmed, as well as Eureka! the National Children’s Museum perfect for families, and the Halifax Minster. Slightly further afield is the charming and vibrant market town of Hebden Bridge which can be reached in around a 15-minute drive, as can Haworth, most famous for its Brontë heritage. Set between the Peak District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks, both can be reached in around an hour, together with the bright lights of both Manchester and York. There is also a country style pub within walking distance from the cottage which serves local ales and good old pub grub. The only issue you will have with this staycation is fitting everything in so why not book a few extra days!£100From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hebden Bridge, EnglandA terraced, three-storey, character cottage nestled in Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire. Dog-friendly. Raised decking. Close to amenities. Beautiful views. Haworth 8.4 miles; Halifax 8.5 miles; Holmfirth 20.3 miles.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Holmfirth, EnglandThese three beautiful cottages (refs UK32387, UK32388 and UK32390) can be found on the eastern edge of the Peak District National Park, in a spectacular setting overlooking Windleden Reservoir. A rural location on a working hill farm 1250ft above sea-level, you’ll be greeted on arrival by breathtaking, far reaching views over the reservoir, moorland and surrounding countryside. Warm, comfortable and full of character and charm, all three cottages feature original beams, and in pet friendly Woodland’s Clough (ref UK32387) and Shepherd’s Nook (ref UK32388), you’ll find wood burners. Water’s Edge (ref UK32390) benefits from underfloor heating on the lower level and French doors with direct access to its own private patio area.
The location makes the perfect base for walking, rambling and cycling direct from the site. Windleden Reservoir itself is inaccessible to the public, however Winscar Reservoir just down the road is perfect for easy gentle strolls. For the more challenged walker, there’s a bridleway with spectacular views across Thurlston Moor, and you can also join the Trans Pennine Trail for yet more dramatic scenery. Alternatively you can simply relax in the peaceful surroundings and experience tranquillity, surrounded by bustling hill-breed sheep and wildlife.
Although a rural location, the picture postcard town of Holmfirth is just 4 miles down the road. Best known as the backdrop to the classic TV series ’Last of the Summer Wine’, its also home to many bars, pubs, cafés, tea rooms and shops, as well its own vineyard which offers meals, tours and wine tasting events. Cannon Hall Farm, as featured on ’Friday on the Farm’ and ’Springtime Live’. can be reached in 30 minutes, as can the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. Finally, a whole host of different Peak District towns and villages are within an hour’s drive, including the spa town of Buxton, the fascinating plague village of Eyam and the beautiful honeypot village of Castleton. Shop, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£78From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Haworth, EnglandUpon entering the private gates, you’ll continue round a sweeping drive which runs alongside immaculate grounds, before reaching this wonderful first floor studio apartment in beautiful West Yorkshire. External stone steps, rustic in layout lead you to the apartment which is located high above triple garages. Outside is a private seating area perfect for a relaxing morning coffee or evening glass of wine, and then once inside you’ll find a bright and airy apartment with dormer style windows. In the open plan bedroom/living space is a super-king size bed that takes pride of place, to ensure a superb night’s sleep in the most peaceful of surroundings. An abundance of walks can be picked up straight from the door including through the surrounding neighbouring woodland and beyond. In addition, less than 2 miles down the road is the grade II listed Shibden Hall, which is most recognisable as the backdrop to the BBC drama series ’Gentleman Jack’. You’ll find 79 acres of park and woodland, together with beautifully restored gardens, a café and boating lake that all forms Shibden Park. Bright lights and shopping are within easy reach with Calderdale’s largest town, Halifax being just 3 miles away, and cyclists will find excellent routes in an area that featured prominently in the Tour de Yorkshire. You can explore the countryside which is important to the Brontë heritage in nearby Haworth which can be reached in around a 30-minute drive as can wonderfully artsy Hebden Bridge. Finally, both the Yorkshire Dales and Peak District National Parks can be reached in around an hour.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay