Pet Friendly Holidays England
England is a dog lovers' country and so dog owners are spoiled for choice with an abundance of dog friendly rooms and dog friendly hotels in the UK. If you're looking for a pawsome getaway with your four legged friends.
- Blackpool, EnglandThis stunning semi-detached barn conversion provides spacious and luxurious accommodation. Located in the quiet rural village of Stalmine, the property is ideally placed for exploring Lancashire, the Fylde Coast and beyond. Thoughtfully designed both inside and out, the barn offers luxury comforts including a beautiful and well-equipped kitchen, contemporary bathrooms, attractive comfortable bedrooms, Wi-Fi, and a wood burner which is perfect for those winter evenings.
Outside is equally impressive with a decked patio area that enjoys far reaching countryside views. The patio provides a wonderful space for hosting a barbecue, whilst the children can play games on the large lawned garden. The property boasts a private hot tub which can be enjoyed all year round, and should the great British weather take a turn for the worse, you can retreat to your ‘Cave’. This has been built by the owner as an indulgent folly and is weatherproof and with a means of heating.
Stalmine is located approximately 5 miles from the small market town of Poulton-le-Fylde which has a good selection of shops, bars, and cafés. Other places that are worth a visit along the Fylde coast include Thornton Cleveleys with its old-fashioned charm and promenade, 7 miles, Fleetwood with its Freeport Outlet Shopping Village, 10 miles, and of course Blackpool, 9 miles, whose many attractions include The Tower, Blackpool Zoo, Pleasure Beach, Sea Life Centre, and Madame Tussauds.
Apart from being accessible for the coast, Carr End Barn A is also well-placed for exploring rural Lancashire. Ribble Valley with its pretty villages is within an hour’s drive, and it’s an excellent choice for walks and country pubs. The Forest of Bowland, which is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, can also be reached within an hour’s drive. The Lake District and Yorkshire Dales are also very accessible by road and can be reached in an hour. The city of Lancaster is just 13 miles away and Preston is 19 miles. Beach 9¾ miles. Shop and pub ½ mile, and restaurant 3 miles. This property can be booked together with ref. LR8 to accommodate up to 18 guests.£266From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kirkbridge, EnglandSet in a small hamlet, these carefully converted holiday cottages form a courtyard development where every care has been taken with the design, internal furnishings and their impact on the environment. Bell’s Barn (prop ref 25899) stands detached from the other cottages and is suitable for wheelchair users. There is also enclosed paddock where your dogs can run free! Just a short walk from Crakehall, claimed to be one of the prettiest villages in the Dales, with a large village green overlooked by an imposing manor house where cricket and quoits teams often play. Nearby, the historic town of Bedale, 2½ miles, offers a weekly market every Tuesday and various events during the year, together with a range of individual shops, restaurants and pubs. Masham, renowned for the Black Sheep Brewery, is 10 minutes’ drive and Richmond with its Norman castle, Georgian architecture and thriving theatre is also easily accessible. Historic York and its many attractions is within easy driving distance. Alternatively, just enjoy the wonderful Yorkshire countryside either by car, bicycle or on foot. Shop and pub ¾ mile. Properties 25898, 25899, 25900 and 25901 can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Tiverton, EnglandSituated in a quiet part of Cadeleigh, these beautiful, detached, barn conversions overlook the ponds and the deer with amazing views across the rolling hills of Devon. Set 100 yards apart within the owner’s 40-acre deer farm, nestled next to the ponds, the properties are accessed by an unmade track and provide beautiful, spacious accommodation. Perfect for friends to get together, celebrations or a family holiday.
The Otters (ref UKC3930) has been decorated and furnished to a good standard, each bedroom has en-suite facilities, and there is a spacious open plan living area with underfloor heating.
The Linhay (ref UKC1290) has a kitchen/dining room with large picture windows offering lovely views down the valley; the living room has a wood burner, ideal for those cosy nights in throughout the winter, and most of the bedrooms have en-suite facilities.
Kingfishers Lodge (ref UK36063) is a luxurious and spacious three-bedroom barn conversion, showcasing open plan living, underfloor heating, a private hot tub and bi-fold doors.
Deer Park (ref UK36064) is a luxurious and spacious three-bedroom barn conversion, showcasing open plan living, underfloor heating and bi fold doors seamlessly blending the living spaces with the outdoor landscape. The kitchen is fully equipped and there is also a utility with a washing machine.
All of the properties have their own private garden and on balmy summer evenings, is the ideal spot to relax with the prossecco which the thoughtful owners will leave for your arrival. Most of the properties have a private hot tub, except Deer Park, so don’t forget your towels!
With these properties being located on a deer farm, red deer and amazing stags can be seen close up, and there are sometimes otters in the ponds. Although the ponds are unfenced, the properties gardens are fenced, so there is some barrier between the garden and ponds.
The village of Cadeleigh lies just 9 miles from Exeter, with its magnificent cathedral and many shops and canalside pubs. Tiverton is just 6 miles away, and Bickleigh Mill with its lovely river walks, small fun railway, shop and café, is nearby. Spend a day exploring tranquil moorland and winding rivers in the Exmoor National Park, as well as the breathtaking coastline full of secluded bays and spectacular cliffs. Exmoor is sprinkled with quaint villages, attractive towns and charming harbours. Enjoy a day out at Tiverton Canal, walk with the horse drawn canal boat or enjoy a boat trip. Alternatively, take a trip to the north Devon coast and explore the dramatic coastlines and sandy beaches. Beach 24 miles. Shop 6 miles, pub and restaurant ½ mile.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 40 guests.£107From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Campden, EnglandLuxury personified with all the character and charm of a traditional barn. The Doveling offers the ultimate five-star experience. Lovingly restored to the highest standard. Keeping all of its original heritage, yet blending the contemporary with the old provides for a unique stay.
Step through the feature atrium to enjoy a spacious yet toasty and warm barn. Boasting a large top of the range kitchen with feature island, it’s the perfect space to socially cook with friends and family. It comes with all the little extras such as a wine cooler, Nespresso coffee machine and a large country dining table. If you are wanting a truly special meal and simply do not feel like cooking then take advantage of the estate’s private chef, you can pre-book to cook whilst you enjoy the delights of your surroundings.
After dinner, kick back and relax in the most spectacular room of all, the lounge. Extremely rare in its form it features the original dovecote tower which dates back to the 17th century with the original nesting boxes. Cosy up on the sofa, read a book and watch a film. For charging devices you will also find USB ports throughout the barn, so no need to panic if you forget your chargers! Why not take some time to chill upon a pew in the glass atrium, whilst basking in the sunlight. The glass walkway also leads to the boudoir quarter. Each bedroom has its very own feature bathroom and you will be spoilt for choice with roll-top baths and walk-in rainfall wet rooms to choose from.
Outside you have an abundance of space within your large private courtyard. It’s a great space to dine alfresco. Don your chefs hat and rustle up a country BBQ, relax upon a bench whilst sipping a cold refreshing drink or indulge in a personal training session or yoga for one to one or more (must be booked in advance). The four-legged members of the family will also enjoy their freedom of space. Once they have explored their surroundings there is a dedicated area within your grounds for which muddy paws can be washed down with a warm tap! Perfect for your furry friends after country pursuits.
Located near the desirable Chipping Campden, perfectly positioned to enjoy country walks, golf, gastropubs, arboretums and theatres. Stratford Upon Avon, Stow on the wold, Cotswolds Water Park are all within 20 - 25 minute drive. Just two hours outside London.£292From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dereham, EnglandThis glorious barn conversion has been meticulously designed and restored to create a luxurious holiday some for families and friends to enjoy. With open plan kitchen and dining area, the perfect space to come together and enjoy meals with your loved ones. Plus, large living area with games to keep the family entertained. Three kingsize bedrooms on the ground floor all with their own en-suite shower rooms. A spiral staircase leads to the large mezzanine, master bedroom, with kingsize bed plus en-suite bathroom, with bath and shower. Smart TVs in all downstairs bedrooms. From the lounge you will find sliding patio doors to the private and enclosed, rear and side garden, with private hot tub to sit back and relax in after a day exploring the local area. There is also a patio firepit and wood is included. A bespoke garden corner seating area, with built in firepit or drinks cooler, providing the perfect spot to enjoy al fresco dining on a warm day.
The Owl Barn is in a secluded spot, at a Hobby Farm within the owner’s grounds, there are chickens, turkey’s and ducks on site – Children are welcome to help with egg collection. Up to two well behaved dogs (kept on leads) are welcome and there are also dog kennels provided adjacent to the property in a shady spot, if you wish to go out for the day, sole use for Owl Barn guests. An enclosed horse paddock is also available for dogs to run free, horses accepted by request and private arrangement. Perfect for nature lovers, the owner offers access to a tranquil private nature walk within their grounds. Where you can enjoy the local nature. There is a pond and river at the end of the grounds, so please pay attention to warning signs and always supervise children and dogs. There are owl boxes in the trees with fitted cameras, which you will soon be able to view.
Conveniently placed, in the Norfolk village – Saham Toney, next door to an 18 hole Golf course and within a 5-minute drive to Watton, for all essential shops. Local pub within 1 mile. If you would like to explore the local area, Thetford Forest for high lodge forest adventure, Go Ape high ropes course and lots of great cycling and walking routes are just a 30-minute drive. Or take a trip to the stunning North Norfolk Coast and visit the long stretches of sandy beaches in traditional seaside towns, located within an hour’s drive. Norwich – a fine city, is well worth a visit. Offering something for everyone, with an abundance of independent and high street shops and restaurants, nestled within modern and medieval architecture and just a 40-minute drive.£177From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Westerdale, EnglandIf peace and tranquillity be the order of the day, then look no further. Nestling in the stunning Esk Valley, these holiday properties have been lovingly converted from 200 year old farm buildings and are situated just across the courtyard from the owners’ farmhouse which dates from the 12th century. Converted from a former granary, The Granary (ref W41008) occupies the first floor of a detached barn conversion, with views towards Castleton Rigg. Stylish and delightfully furnished, retaining many original features with a vaulted ceiling, low beams and solid oak floors. The Carthouse (ref W41503) is spacious and occupies the ground floor of the detached barn conversion, whilst The Byre (ref W7733) is an attractive single storey, detached property with a multi-fuel stove in the living room, and offers wonderful views over the dale. They are all tastefully furnished and decorated and offer excellent holiday accommodation. Ideally situated in the beautiful North York Moors National Park, a scenic drive along the country roads takes you to the historic port of Whitby. The area abounds with smugglers coves and quaint fishing villages untouched by the passing years. An excellent base for exploring the surrounding area, with the Yorkshire coast and Heartbeat country both easily accessible. Walking is available direct from the door, with fishing and riding nearby. Castleton is 1 mile away with all amenities including supermarket, bank and post office. A magical part of the world at any time of the year. Properties W41008, W41503 and W7733 can be booked together for larger parties. Shops, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Malvern, EnglandNestled beautifully in the scenic Worcestershire countryside with uninterrupted views of the iconic Malvern Hills, this well-presented detached lodge is located on a working equestrian farm and offers the perfect base for couples or family looking for a leisurely retreat whatever time of year you choose to visit.
The Pavilion has been carefully renovated with you in mind offering spacious living areas, sumptuous bedrooms featuring en-suite bathrooms and a well equipped kitchen with all amenities including a dishwasher. Outside, the enclosed garden and terrace overlooking the equestrian arena, amongst the backdrop of the beautiful Malvern Hills, makes the perfect place to kick back and unwind with a glass of wine following a busy day’s exploration.
The property is located in the grounds of Hillview Arena and Stables, and you are directly beside a bridle path. The owners offer riding holidays by prior arrangement. Here, your horse can be accommodated during your stay at the cottage, in the 12x12 stables or fenced turnout area. You would also have access to use of the two arenas and show jumps. If you are interested in bringing your horse along for the fun, please call the owner to discuss.
Picturesque scenery and scenic walks unfold from your doorstep making it a natural playground for walkers, nature enthusiasts and mountain bikers alike. Conveniently located between the three counties of Herefordshire, Worcestershire and Gloucestershire, you’ll be able to find lots of popular destinations all within an easy drive. These include the charming market towns of Ledbury, Worcester, Tewkesbury and Cheltenham, all featuring a plethora of independent gift shops, highly-acclaimed restaurants, traditional pubs and bustling markets as well as many majestic sites dotted around the rolling countryside. Come and explore this lovely corner of Worcestershire for yourself, you will not be disappointed. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
This property can be booked for long lets.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Westerdale, EnglandIf peace and tranquillity be the order of the day, then look no further. Nestling in the stunning Esk Valley, these holiday properties have been lovingly converted from 200 year old farm buildings and are situated just across the courtyard from the owners’ farmhouse which dates from the 12th century. Converted from a former granary, The Granary (ref W41008) occupies the first floor of a detached barn conversion, with views towards Castleton Rigg. Stylish and delightfully furnished, retaining many original features with a vaulted ceiling, low beams and solid oak floors. The Carthouse (ref W41503) is spacious and occupies the ground floor of the detached barn conversion, whilst The Byre (ref W7733) is an attractive single storey, detached property with a multi-fuel stove in the living room, and offers wonderful views over the dale. They are all tastefully furnished and decorated and offer excellent holiday accommodation. Ideally situated in the beautiful North York Moors National Park, a scenic drive along the country roads takes you to the historic port of Whitby. The area abounds with smugglers coves and quaint fishing villages untouched by the passing years. An excellent base for exploring the surrounding area, with the Yorkshire coast and Heartbeat country both easily accessible. Walking is available direct from the door, with fishing and riding nearby. Castleton is 1 mile away with all amenities including supermarket, bank and post office. A magical part of the world at any time of the year. Properties W41008, W41503 and W7733 can be booked together for larger parties. Shops, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brightling, EnglandIn the High Weald AONB and converted to a high standard, this attractive, single-storey barn is accessed via a track ¼ mile from the lane and lies quietly in 500 acres of Brightling Park (once known as The Rose Hill Estate) with sheep and horses on the farm. Brightling is famous for the many Fuller follies. Excellent walks on the doorstep. Visit Bateman’s (Kipling’s home) and Sarah Raven’s famous cutting garden at Perch Hill. Rye and Tunbridge Wells are 30 minutes by car, Brighton is 45 minutes. Mainline station to London is 5 minutes’ drive from Robertsbridge. Shop and pub 2 miles.
Coblye Barn (PJJR) and Ox Lodge Barn (PQQW), situated 1 mile apart, can be booked together to accommodate up to 7 guests.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wigglesworth, EnglandA walkers’ paradise with the Ribble Way passing at the end of the garden, this semi-detached, single-storey holiday cottage adjoins the owners’ own home and offers carefully co-ordinated and spacious accommodation. It is set at the end of a private lane in a rural location, with long distance views over open countryside to the hills beyond. Ideally located between the Yorkshire Dales National Park and Forest of Bowland, the property is also close to the Pennine Bridleway, Settle Loop and Gisburn Forest mountain bike complex making this an excellent base for active holidays. It overlooks a Site of Special Scientific Interest in the Ribble floodplain, with a wealth of bird life and a bird hide on the Ribble Way. An ideal home for relaxing in and just enjoying your surroundings. The bustling market town of Settle is just 4 miles and offers a wide selection of shops, pubs and restaurants and is home to the famous Settle to Carlisle railway. Alternatively, Skipton, “the gateway to the Dales”, is just 9 miles. Golf and fishing available nearby. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£83From price per night based on 7 night stay