Pet Friendly Holidays England
England is a dog lovers' country and so dog owners are spoiled for choice with an abundance of dog friendly rooms and dog friendly hotels in the UK. If you're looking for a pawsome getaway with your four legged friends.
- Ringwood, EnglandLilypad is a newly built home in a peaceful residential area within walking distance to the high street of Ringwood. Downstairs there is an open plan kitchen, living and dining room with a 43-inch smart tv. In the kitchen there is a fridge freezer, dishwasher, gas hob and electric oven with all the equipment you need to cook a meal to enjoy together. There is a convenient downstairs toilet and there is underfloor heating on the ground floor of this property. Upstairs is a king bedroom and a double bedroom both with 32-inch smart TVs. The family bathroom has a shower over the bath and there is a washer dryer in the cupboard. At the front of the property there is a small patio area with a small outdoor seating area and there is parking available for 1 car and a locked bike store.
Ringwood high street is within walking distance, this historic town comprises of a rich mixture of architecture including buildings which are thatched, Georgian, modern, and historic buildings lining the streets. A stroll along west street will take you to the Jubilee Gardens with a millstream running through which once powered the corn mill. There is a variety of independent shops in Ringwood along with cafes and eateries. Ringwood Brewery is well worth a visit during your time here, and you can even book a tour to sample the local beers. Ringwood has a weekly market as well as several farm shops within driving distance for local produce. For walkers and cyclists, the Castleman trail is easily accessible from Bickerley Road, this follows the old train route between Dorchester and Southampton.
For days out you must visit the New Forest with its free roaming horses, cattle and donkeys and an abundance of unique villages and pubs throughout. Moors Valley is fantastic for walking and cycling within the forest and you can even book an experience at Go Ape to climb among the treetops. There is the New Forest Water Park with a variety of water sports and a giant inflatable obstacle course on the water which is a fantastic day out. For fishing a day license can be purchased at the tackle shop for fishing on the River Avon with the chance to catch a variety of fish including Pike, Chub and Carp. The beaches of Southbourne and Avon Beach are within a half hour drive, with a mixture of sandy areas and pebbled area. Other nearby days out include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Liberty’s Owl and Reptile Centre, Dorset Heavy Horse Farm, Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary, and you can get a ferry to the Isle of Wight for a day trip! Lilypad provides the perfect home to base yourselves while exploring the nearby areas to make those memories on your holiday.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kirkbridge, EnglandSet in a small hamlet, these carefully converted holiday cottages form a courtyard development where every care has been taken with the design, internal furnishings and their impact on the environment. Bell’s Barn (prop ref 25899) stands detached from the other cottages and is suitable for wheelchair users. There is also enclosed paddock where your dogs can run free! Just a short walk from Crakehall, claimed to be one of the prettiest villages in the Dales, with a large village green overlooked by an imposing manor house where cricket and quoits teams often play. Nearby, the historic town of Bedale, 2½ miles, offers a weekly market every Tuesday and various events during the year, together with a range of individual shops, restaurants and pubs. Masham, renowned for the Black Sheep Brewery, is 10 minutes’ drive and Richmond with its Norman castle, Georgian architecture and thriving theatre is also easily accessible. Historic York and its many attractions is within easy driving distance. Alternatively, just enjoy the wonderful Yorkshire countryside either by car, bicycle or on foot. Shop and pub ¾ mile. Properties 25898, 25899, 25900 and 25901 can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Glastonbury, EnglandSurrounded by the serene landscape, this haven is situated between the imposing Mendip Hills and the slopes of the Polden Hills, offering a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
As you step into Hide on The Hill, you enter the boot room, shed muddy boots and jackets before entering the open-plan living space. This area boasts a wood burner, a Smart TV for entertainment, and a thoughtfully designed kitchen. Slide open the doors, and you’ll find yourself on the private terrace, where outdoor seating invites you enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside, with the iconic Glastonbury Tor in the distance. On the first floor you’ll discover two bedrooms, the master bedroom features a kingsize bed and an en-suite shower room. The second bedroom, equipped with bunk beds for both adults and children, is ideal for accommodating families. Additional amenities include a shower room on the ground floor and a utility room for added convenience.
Nestled within the grounds cared for by attentive owners. Your level of privacy is entirely at your discretion, with access to private terrace, a summer gazebo by the pond, an unheated natural swimming pool, an outdoor shower block, and a secluded 2-acre garden, all providing unparalleled views of the picturesque surroundings. Nature enthusiasts will be delighted by the abundance of local wildlife. From the comfort of your retreat, observe deer, badgers, foxes, squirrels, jackdaws, green woodpeckers, and buzzards. One small dog is welcome to join your stay, but only downstairs.
Explore the nearby attractions, each contributing to the unique charm of this idyllic corner of Somerset. Just a short distance lies the historic route, now transformed into Snakes Lane, stretching westward towards Coldnose, forming the backbone of the southern Isle of Wedmore. Along this ridge leading to Wedmore, you’ll encounter the public orchard at Bagley before being enticed down to the renowned Wilkins Cider barn at Mudgley. Exploring beyond, discover the vibrant town of Glastonbury, the historic city of Wells, and the cheesy allure of Cheddar, all conveniently accessible by bicycle. Hide on the Hill is the nearest accommodation to Westhay National Nature Reserve, just 1 mile away. Numerous delightful pubs, cafes, and restaurants sit close by.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Boston, EnglandA truly unique lodge fitted out with comfort and quality in mind to make for a lovely relaxing stay with both bedrooms having their own en-suite shower room. Not only is there a hot tub, sauna, gas fire pit and barbeque, but also a large garden room to sit back and relax in. There is also an ice bath that can be provided on request.
Whether you are planning a weekend away with the girls or you simply want to treat you and your partner to a relaxing spa treatment, our fabulous in-house therapist is available, fully insured and trained in spa and holistic treatments. Spa therapy treatments require 7 day booking in advance. Brochure provided via email upon booking.
Nearby Kirton has a good range of amenities including shops and pub which is only a 10-minute walk away, with the town of Boston just a 10-minute drive to the north where you can visit the famous Boston ’Stump’, enjoy numerous good restaurants, shops, cafés and bars as well as the weekly market. For days out, the seaside resort of Skegness is approx. 45 minutes, and Hunstanton in Norfolk about an hour’s drive. Major cities surrounding within a 35-mile radius. Nature reserves at Frampton RSPB and Gibraltor Point offer opportunity to see the migrating birds and wildlife as well as many miles of excellent walks. For cycle enthusiasts, there are some great cycle routes close by.
While you’re surrounding yourself in romantic luxury see if you can spot the abundance of wildlife, including, squirrels, owls, bats, dragonflies, rabbits, robins, woodpeckers, various birds of prey and the occasional muntjac deer.£192From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Beverley, EnglandSet in 10-acres of beautiful countryside, these contemporary holiday cottages offer lovingly furnished and comfortable holiday accommodation. Four of the cottages enjoy access to a shared central glass atrium, providing an internal patio area. Children and adults alike can enjoy the owners’ collection of farmyard animals including goats, pigs, sheep, ponies, donkeys, and poultry. With a designated dog walk in the grounds, visitors’ pets are made to feel very welcome here too. Mappleton Sands are close by, ideal for summer picnics on the tranquil sandy beach or a cliff top stroll, and a 4-mile drive takes you to the seaside town of Hornsea with The Mere, a birdwatcher’s paradise and where boats can be hired for rowing and fishing. Here you are also within easy reach of the historic town of Beverley with its minster and renowned racecourse, and the award-winning aquarium ’The Deep’, in Hull city centre. There are stately homes at Burton Agnes and Sewerby Hall, and further inland lies the rolling countryside of the Yorkshire Wolds, the inspiration for David Hockney’s famous paintings. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 400 yards. These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 24 guests.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Wookey Hole, EnglandThis attractive stone built holiday cottage, in the grounds of the owner’s home, is on the edge of the pretty village of Wookey Hole, famous for its spectacular caves and legendary home of the infamous Witch of Wookey. There are many leisure activities available locally, including pot-holing, hang gliding and mountain biking. There is also a huge choice of walks from the doorstep, including the Monarch’s Way and the Mendip Way. The town of Glastonbury is only a few miles away, with its 14th-century tower dominating the landscape of Glastonbury Tor. Shop, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£58From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Washfield, EnglandWith views over rolling countryside, this detached holiday chalet sits within an idyllic spot in the Exe Valley, close to the owner’s home, and set within 1¼ acres. The area is fabulous for walking, cycling and bird watching, with Exmoor close by with wonderful scenery and dramatic coastlines. Exeter and Taunton are a short drive offering shops, theatres and restaurants, or visit the beaches of North Devon and even the Jurassic Coast. There are several National Trust properties and gardens in the area, including Knightshayes Court and grounds. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Woodbridge, EnglandThis semi-detached cottage comes fully equipped with a private hot tub. Surrounded by the undulating Suffolk hills, this is a truly special property. The open-plan living area boasts a warm and snug environment which makes for a great social space. The master bedroom comes with an en-suite toilet, and the twin room has an additional pull-out bed, so there’s room for the whole family. With the property all on one level, it’s ideal for wheelchair access too. As well as enjoying your own privacy, with a private entrance, garden and patio area, guests can also take full advantage of the farm’s features, like visiting the goats, sheep, horses and cattle. Beach 16 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Washaway, EnglandThis detached holiday cottage, set on a working farm, on the owners estate comprised of farmland and woodland, is fitted and furnished to a good standard and is a perfect place to unwind or explore, either on foot or by car. Situated a few miles from Bodmin and Wadebridge, and a short drive from Padstow with its shops and Polzeath with its beach. Within easy reach of Port Isaac, made famous by TV’s Doc Martin. Along the coast are Tintagel, Boscastle and Newquay with its surfing. Shop 3 miles, pub 2 miles.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kessingland, EnglandWithin walking distance of Kessingland’s glorious sand dunes beach, this detached bungalow boasts its own private sunny decked area and enclosed garden. It is the ideal retreat for a short break. Sea Breeze is a brand new property completed in 2022 and has been finished to a very high standard, with no expense spared, making it an ideal choice for a staycation. An open plan living area offers a large Smart TV which you can cosy up in front of to enjoy a film after a long day exploring Suffolk. No matter the time of day, the well-equipped kitchen is the ultimate place to cook up a feast. The spacious bathroom features an elegant roll-top bath and a separate walk-in shower. There are two double bedrooms making Sea Breeze suitable for both families and friends looking to escape to the coast.
Kessingland is a traditional seaside village on the Suffolk Heritage Coast and 4 miles away is the popular resort of Lowestoftm which offers further traditional seaside entertainment. Both Pleasurewood Hills Theme Park and Africa Alive are within a short drive too. Southwold with its pier and summer theatre; Dunwich Heath and beach; RSPB Minsmere; Aldeburgh with its fishing boats and local seafood, and Snape Maltings Concert Hall are all easily accessible, as are the lovely Norfolk Broads. Shop ½ mile and pub 500 yards. This can be booked with UK38339 Wild Lupin to sleep up to 8 guests.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay