Pet Friendly Holidays England
England is a dog lovers' country and so dog owners are spoiled for choice with an abundance of dog friendly rooms and dog friendly hotels in the UK. If you're looking for a pawsome getaway with your four legged friends.
- Halesworth, EnglandThis delightful cluster of converted barns can be found deep in the Suffolk countryside, set in 80 acres of grazing meadows on the owner’s working beef farm where the owner lives. Henry’s Barn (ref UKC3168) is a semi-detached barn conversion and can accommodate up to six guests including two guests with restricted mobility, on the ground floor. The Old Dairy (ref UKC3169) is also part of a barn conversion ideal for a couple or small family. The Old Corn Mill (ref UKC3170) is another semi-detached barn conversion and has a large communal seating area, ideal if all properties are booked together, accommodating up to 16 guests.
Whilst offering holiday makers a cosy and comfortable stay, these 18th-century barns have retained much of their charm and character, and share use of an indoor heated pool which can be booked for private sessions, and is open from Easter to September (please bring your own towels). There is also a large games room with an indoor astro turf pitch for football, hockey and tennis. Ideal for families and larger groups, there is a real emphasis on guests’ comfort. The properties are decroated with a Christmas theme during the festive season, perfect for breaks all year round.
The village of Walpole is in the Suffolk Blyth Valley on the outskirts of Halesworth, close to the River Blyth. It is an ideal location from which to explore the Suffolk Heritage Coast at Southwold with its brightly coloured beach huts lining the promenade, Aldeburgh for traditional fish and chips on the seafront, or Dunwich to explore the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and the RSPB Minsmere, all offering a distinctly individual coastal experience. You are also ideally located to discover the Suffolk countryside locations of Framlingham and the infamous Castle on the Hill, the market town of Halesworth for a spot of retail therapy and the equally beautiful Beccles, a market town situated on the southern network of the Norfolk Broads National Park. Beach 8 miles. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.
Properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandTucked away at the end of a farm road surrounded by stunning Sussex countryside is the beautifully converted, detached, old dairy called Woodlands Dairy Cottage. Originally part of a working dairy farm within 86 acres, now with sheep and beef cattle. Lambing in springtime is not to be missed. Footpaths and great country walks emanate from the doorstep so pull on your wellies and start exploring! All the accommodation is on one floor and the cottage is wheelchair friendly. Storage is available for bicycles to explore the many bridleways which run through woodlands and open country.
The area is steeped in history as Stane Street, now known as the A29, was built by the Romans. Woodlands Dairy Cottage is ideally placed for great days out visiting the South Downs National Park, the Weald and Downland Open Air Museum, Fishers Farm Adventure Park, Arundel Castle and Gardens, Arundel Cathedral and the magnificent 900-year-old Chichester Cathedral. Brighton is 45 minutes’ drive with its vibrant marina, historic shopping Lanes and the Regency Royal Pavilion built by King George IV. You can take a boat trip along the restored section of the Wey and Arun Canal or along the River Arun from Arundel. West Sussex is famed for its many vineyards which can be visited.
Petworth House houses great collections and its deer park was designed by Grinling Gibbons. Cowdray is the home of British polo and the coveted Gold Cup which draws teams of the best players from all over the world. Goodwood, with its magnificent house, is also the home to the summer Glorious Goodwood horse race meeting as well as the hugely popular Festival of Speed and Revival for Motor Racing attracting motor enthusiasts from across the globe.
The RSPB’s Pulborough Wetlands are a must for bird fanciers. There are numerous beaches within 16 miles, good pubs and restaurants close by together with prime food shops selling local produce and two supermarkets within a 4-mile drive. There are plenty of golf courses, fishing is available locally, as well as many spectacular gardens to visit. Theatres at Chichester, Brighton and Guildford often have pre-West End shows. The property is just 40 minutes from Gatwick airport. Beach 16 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Battle, EnglandThis detached barn conversion is on a main road which is busy at certain times of the day, adjacent to the owner’s home, is ideally placed for accessing the 1066 Country Walk, which includes the Norman’s landing site at Pevensey, the battle site and the castles at Pevensey and Herstmonceux. From Pevensey Castle, there are further links to the South Downs Way. Boreham Bridge Barn resides in its own historical setting close to Battle, the site was excavated in 2008 and timbers were discovered which were radio carbon dated to 660-830AD, suggesting a mid to late Saxon jetty was present, with the coastline being much further inland than it is today. As a result, an archaeological survey was carried out and several fired clay pieces of East Sussex ware, probably from a kiln or bread oven, were discovered along with fragments of storage vessels dating to early–mid Iron Age, and flint tools dating back to the Bronze Age. Most of these pieces you can see on display in the barn.
Explore the rolling countryside and take a ride on the Kent and Sussex steam railway, which can take you to the fairytale moated castle at Bodiam. Enjoy the coast at Hastings with its fishing fleet, pier and iconic net huts. Camber Sands offers miles of golden sand dunes and an opportunity to polish up your kite surfing skills, and Eastbourne at the foot of the South Downs also makes for a great day out. From Battle, there are good train links into London if you fancy a spot of sightseeing. Beach 8 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bude, EnglandOne of a kind, Riverside is a spacious, detached house which has been fully adapted for disabled use and is wheelchair-friendly. With a stylish interior design and a light, bright and airy feel, this property would really suit people of all ages and needs. The property boasts a fabulous hydrotherapy, indoor heated swimming pool with Jacuzzi and hoist, which lifts from ground level into the pool. There are also patio doors which lead out onto the decked terrace with a large outdoor table and bench seating.
There is a wheelchair lift in the hallway, taking you from the ground floor bedroom level down to the lower ground floor. The kitchen has been specially adapted, with some low level work surfaces and easily accessible sockets and light switches. The games room has a pool table and darts, with doors that open out on to a decked terrace area, and ramp access onto the lower garden. The living room is cosy, with a large corner sofa, beanbags for the kids, wood burner, large TV, Wi-Fi and an intercom system with camera to open the front door. The master bedroom has a large en-suite wet room, and there are wide access doorways throughout the property. The garden is fully enclosed, with ramp access all around, and a large covered fish pond below the terraced area. The property can be decorated for Christmas if you wish, and the owners are very accommodating to your special requirements.
Located in Bude, the property is just a few minutes walk from the canal and footpath into the harbour area. Don’t forget your canine friends too, dogs are very welcome at Riverside. All in all, this is a fabulous holiday home, perfect for a little relaxation and recuperation in this glorious part of north Cornwall. Beach 750 yards. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hayling Island, EnglandWatersedge House is luxury beach front property and is literally a stone’s throw from the kitchen window to the sea, offering direct access to the beach and breathtakingly beautiful views.
Spread across three floors, this large coastal house caters for 12 guests within the 5 bedrooms. Beautifully designed with a social able open plan kitchen, dining room and living area that looks directly across the beach along with a private driveway offers parking for up to 4 cars.
Externally Watersedge House is equally as spectacular with a large sun terrace, a second-floor large balcony with outdoor seating perfect for sunbathing, that is accessed through a bedroom brilliantly designed as a TV snug - allowing you to be sat near the children whilst enjoying a sip of coffee, relaxing and watching the sea and clouds go by.
Positioned on the top floor, is a further balcony off the master bedroom. Wake up to the sound of the waves and unspoilt views of the beautiful sea and coastline. This large master bedroom not only boasts stunning views that will having you sitting and enjoying for hours but also a king-size bed, large en-suite with shower and vanity area plus a sofa to snuggle on, that can be used as an additional bed.
After a day on the beach and swimming in the sea, wash away the sand in the downstairs shower. The ground floor features a double bedroom and a further cloakroom toilet.
Hayling Island, is one of Hampshire’s best loved places for a family escape there really is something for everyone. The Hayling Billy Coastal Path used by walkers, cyclists and horse riders is along the bed of an old railway line between Havant and Hayling Island. Further along the coast is Funland Amusement Park, the Seaside Railway plus beach front restaurants.
Windsurfing was invented on Hayling Island, and it is also renowned for its great sailing and nautical activity including kayaking, power boating, jet ski-ing, kitesurfing and water boarding. Windsurfing and paddle board lessons are available in the town. There is also the sailing club, golf course, tea rooms, bakery and typical seaside shops.
Further afield Visit Portsmouth with waterside dining, ferry trips to the Isle of Wight, designer outlets, Natural History Museum, Spinnaker Tower, and the HMS Victor. For Family days out try Stanton Country Park, Paulton Park The Home of Peppa Pig and South Downs Planetarium and Science Centre.£179From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandRecently renovated for 2022, this brand new barn conversion has been created with guests needs in mind, offering the heritage of a barn conversion with a high quality modern feel, a palette of slate, oak, glass and warm wood. Its light airy bolt hole is perfect for couples, families and friends looking to relax and explore the beautiful area of Rutland. The thoughtful owners have ensured that all abilities would be welcome and have made some discreet adaptations for guests needing accessibility, easier to use. The kitchen has a roll under sink and induction hob with the ease of a slide and hide oven. There is level access from the parking area and throughout the single storey properties. The bathrooms and en-suites are fitted with a roll in shower with split height shower doors for ease of use with grab rails and the sink can also be adjusted in height. The views can be enjoyed from both inside the properties where you can snuggle up in front of the log burner and outside in the seating area in the wild woodland garden. With views over the parkland and cattle grazing as your neighbours this is a stunning rural retreat. Both properties are interconnected through a garden gate for ease of use.
Close to Uppingham, Oakham & Stamford where you’ll find an array of local facilities, local businesses of shops, cafés, tea rooms and restaurants. Well situated for attractions such as Rutland water with its 4200 acres of open countryside and nature reserves, with stunning walks, bird watching at the local nature reserve, fishing, rock climbing, high ropes, golf, crazy golf, boat trips, water sports including windsurfing, sailing, canoeing, Aqua park, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding during the summer. There are plenty of places to visit including Burghley House with its annual horse trials, 18 miles, Boughton House, Barnsdale Gardens, Sacrewell Farm, Rockingham Castle and Market towns slightly further afield including Oundle, Market Harborough and Melton Mowbray. Pub and restaurant 1 mile.
These properties, The Tack Room (ref UK36999) and The Old Stables (ref UK37000), can be booked together to accommodate up to 8 guests.£172From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWelcome to Coachmans Cottage, a gorgeous 3 bedroom holiday home in Somerset with beautiful views over the hills beyond and offering versatile accommodation suitable for families, couples or friends looking for an escape to the country, your four legged family are also made to feel welcome here! Enter into the large hallway, leading from this you will find a super king bedroom with dressing table, TV and wardrobe, across the hall is the family bathroom which has a P shaped bath with shower over. Stretching along the back of the cottage is a wonderful open plan lounge/kitchen/diner, the kitchen is fully equipped with electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge freezer and microwave as well as all you could need to rustle up everything from a simple breakfast to a full family dinner! The Lounge has a wonderful wood burner, perfect for cosy nights in front of the fire while the dining area is the perfect spot to gather and eat or play games! Upstairs you will find the large twin bedroom, again with dressing table, TV, and wardrobe space. Also, on this level you have the Master bedroom with a fabulous sleigh bed, en-suite shower room, dressing table, wardrobe and TV. Heading outside, to the side is your seating area with a lovely large table and chairs which has gorgeous lighting and is the perfect place for an al fresco meal on a summers evening, at the rear you have a large enclosed garden which is lawned and has another seating area with firepit, BBQ, so make sure to bring your marshmallows for toasting!
There is so much to do here, with walks a plenty from the doorstep you will find a new one every day! Jump in the car and you will have so much to see within a short drive, head to the beach at Weston Super Mare and visit the pier or ride a donkey, Inland you have Wells, England’s smallest city with its Cathedral and lovely markets, Axbridge is close by with its Royal Charters, pub, tea house and Museum. Wookey Hole Caves and Cheddar Gorge are within easy reach as is the Ancient Medieval town of Glastonbury. For the shoppers among you head to Clarks Village, a designer outlet store, to grab your next bargain!£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandGlenvar is a very special and unique property with lift access to the first floor. A brand-new modern build completed in 2021. It has direct access to its own beach at the end of the garden and enviable direct sea views. A sublime and idyllic beach setting making it a place to make special memories, whether walking in the shoreline, soaking in the hot tub, hanging out listening to lapping waves or celebrating in this large spacious home and garden with family and friends.
As you enter the property you are immediately greeted by a sense of light and space, with a feature staircase up to the first floor, large open-plan kitchen and living space. This area was made for entertaining, being together and relaxing in this amazing setting. This floor is also fully accessible by a lift if required. After a day on the beach, you will want to kick off your footwear, swimmers, or wellies in the handy utility room, where you can wash and dry clothes or the dog if needed.
The underfloor heating will also make you feel warm and cosy. This home has been lovingly built by its owners with lots of attention to detail creating a minimalistic and modern feel whilst maintaining a sustainable building with environmentally friendly characteristics.
This is really evident when you arrive at the property. It also offers a very generous balcony that has mood lighting where you can sit and watch the world go by as you listen to the waves lap against the beach. This pet friendly property has some amazing features like a hot tub and a large lawned garden with a beach at the end. It also has its own lift so that you can access the top floor should you have mobility needs. With bedrooms on the ground floor and the first floor this is certainly a home that has all the accessibility you need for a staycation this year. The minimalistic and modern décor gives you a really modern feel and with the underfloor heating and the huge open plan kitchen/dining room is a very special place to sit and enjoy a relaxing time.
A perfect location to explore Sussex and Hampshire. Within easy reach of Portsmouth, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, and Brighton. Goodwood is only 10 miles away which hosts the Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival, Goodwood festival plus many more. Or you can just sit and relax in your own private hot tub.£618From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Battle, EnglandCaldbec House stables is a cosy property that has recently been renovated by the owner to an extremely high level. As you walk through the front door you enter a huge reception room which is open plan with the kitchen, dining room and lounge which features a really cosy log burner but also benefits from underfloor heating. On the ground floor is a wet room with a walk-in shower, as well as a bath with a shower over, and the double bedroom located next door. Upstairs you will find the other twin bedroom which has some great views of the grounds and also has a study nook with a desk. There is parking directly outside the property and this is located in an area of East Sussex which is in great demand.
Caldbec House Stables is part of the Caldbec House Estate and has been owned by the same family for many years. It is ideal for large family gatherings for birthday or Christmas celebrations and is located in one of the most beautiful parts of East Sussex. This property is located on Caldbec Hill, believed to be close to where the famous Battle of Hastings conflict took place on the 14th of October 1066. This huge house is conveniently positioned on the edge of Battle, which is a small historical town and is designated High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a tourist destination but also a commuter town for white collar workers in the City of London. This really is the staycation of a lifetime if you are wanting to experience a wealth of history both with the property’s location, and its features and settings. Immerse yourself in the experience of Sussex with all its history and antiquity Caldbec House Stables really is the place to stay and enjoy the experience and make some amazing memories. This is a very special home where you will feel history all around you, with some stunning views to wake up to and enjoy that you won’t get to experience every day. Pub within 1 mile.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWelcome to TH Hollow, a beautiful single storey stable conversion in the heart of the Somerset countryside at the foot of the Quantock Hills. Completed in 2021 and finished to a high standard, there is a central open plan living/dining/kitchen which has a fabulous, vaulted ceiling, comfortable furnishings and comes fully equipped with everything you need for the perfect stay. The kitchen area has electric hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave and fridge while the living area has a 43” Smart TV, perfect for relaxing of an evening.
The bedrooms lead off from the central living area with the master having a king-sized bed and bedroom two having a single bed. The large wet room has non-slip flooring, heated towel rail and shower. From bedroom two you have direct access to the Gym with cross trainer, Sauna and further shower room. Ease of access here has been carefully considered, with ramps leading in from both the front and rear entrances as well as wider doors inside, making this wonderful holiday home suitable for all abilities. To the rear is a large, enclosed courtyard with garden furniture (through access may occasionally be required by the gardener for grounds maintenance) and access from here to the utility area with washing machine and bike store.
TH Hollow also has exclusive use of the owner’s fantastic hot tub, covered heated swimming pool and tennis court at pre-arranged times (9am -1pm unless otherwise agreed with owner). Please note that the swimming pool is available from Mid-April until Mid-October. Your four-legged family members are welcome here also and have use of the owners fenced dog walking paddock, the perfect spot to soak up the views while your dogs run off some energy!
Set just outside of the village of Bishops Lydeard, with its village pubs and local store as well as access to the brilliant West Somerset Steam Railway, a great way to see not just the countryside but also the coast while you chug merrily along to Minehead. Alight here and spend the day exploring the shops, restaurants and beach. The county town of Taunton is easily reachable within 15 minutes or head over to Exmoor and explore the wonderful villages, walk over the moors and have a cream tea in one of the many tea shops on route. Beach 12 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay