Pet Friendly Holidays England
England is a dog lovers' country and so dog owners are spoiled for choice with an abundance of dog friendly rooms and dog friendly hotels in the UK. If you're looking for a pawsome getaway with your four legged friends.
- EnglandRecently renovated for 2022, this brand new barn conversion has been created with guests needs in mind, offering the heritage of a barn conversion with a high quality modern feel, a palette of slate, oak, glass and warm wood. Its light airy bolt hole is perfect for couples, families and friends looking to relax and explore the beautiful area of Rutland. The thoughtful owners have ensured that all abilities would be welcome and have made some discreet adaptations for guests needing accessibility, easier to use. The kitchen has a roll under sink and induction hob with the ease of a slide and hide oven. There is level access from the parking area and throughout the single storey properties. The bathrooms and en-suites are fitted with a roll in shower with split height shower doors for ease of use with grab rails and the sink can also be adjusted in height. The views can be enjoyed from both inside the properties where you can snuggle up in front of the log burner and outside in the seating area in the wild woodland garden. With views over the parkland and cattle grazing as your neighbours this is a stunning rural retreat. Both properties are interconnected through a garden gate for ease of use.
Close to Uppingham, Oakham & Stamford where you’ll find an array of local facilities, local businesses of shops, cafés, tea rooms and restaurants. Well situated for attractions such as Rutland water with its 4200 acres of open countryside and nature reserves, with stunning walks, bird watching at the local nature reserve, fishing, rock climbing, high ropes, golf, crazy golf, boat trips, water sports including windsurfing, sailing, canoeing, Aqua park, kayaking and stand up paddle boarding during the summer. There are plenty of places to visit including Burghley House with its annual horse trials, 18 miles, Boughton House, Barnsdale Gardens, Sacrewell Farm, Rockingham Castle and Market towns slightly further afield including Oundle, Market Harborough and Melton Mowbray. Pub and restaurant 1 mile.
These properties, The Tack Room (ref UK36999) and The Old Stables (ref UK37000), can be booked together to accommodate up to 8 guests.£149From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWelcome to Coachmans Cottage, a gorgeous 3 bedroom holiday home in Somerset with beautiful views over the hills beyond and offering versatile accommodation suitable for families, couples or friends looking for an escape to the country, your four legged family are also made to feel welcome here! Enter into the large hallway, leading from this you will find a super king bedroom with dressing table, TV and wardrobe, across the hall is the family bathroom which has a P shaped bath with shower over. Stretching along the back of the cottage is a wonderful open plan lounge/kitchen/diner, the kitchen is fully equipped with electric cooker, dishwasher, fridge freezer and microwave as well as all you could need to rustle up everything from a simple breakfast to a full family dinner! The Lounge has a wonderful wood burner, perfect for cosy nights in front of the fire while the dining area is the perfect spot to gather and eat or play games! Upstairs you will find the large twin bedroom, again with dressing table, TV, and wardrobe space. Also, on this level you have the Master bedroom with a fabulous sleigh bed, en-suite shower room, dressing table, wardrobe and TV. Heading outside, to the side is your seating area with a lovely large table and chairs which has gorgeous lighting and is the perfect place for an al fresco meal on a summers evening, at the rear you have a large enclosed garden which is lawned and has another seating area with firepit, BBQ, so make sure to bring your marshmallows for toasting!
There is so much to do here, with walks a plenty from the doorstep you will find a new one every day! Jump in the car and you will have so much to see within a short drive, head to the beach at Weston Super Mare and visit the pier or ride a donkey, Inland you have Wells, England’s smallest city with its Cathedral and lovely markets, Axbridge is close by with its Royal Charters, pub, tea house and Museum. Wookey Hole Caves and Cheddar Gorge are within easy reach as is the Ancient Medieval town of Glastonbury. For the shoppers among you head to Clarks Village, a designer outlet store, to grab your next bargain!£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bognor Regis, EnglandGlenvar is a very special and unique property with lift access to the first floor. A brand-new modern build completed in 2021. It has direct access to its own beach at the end of the garden and enviable direct sea views. A sublime and idyllic beach setting making it a place to make special memories, whether walking in the shoreline, soaking in the hot tub, hanging out listening to lapping waves or celebrating in this large spacious home and garden with family and friends.
As you enter the property you are immediately greeted by a sense of light and space, with a feature staircase up to the first floor, large open-plan kitchen and living space. This area was made for entertaining, being together and relaxing in this amazing setting. This floor is also fully accessible by a lift if required. After a day on the beach, you will want to kick off your footwear, swimmers, or wellies in the handy utility room, where you can wash and dry clothes or the dog if needed.
The underfloor heating will also make you feel warm and cosy. This home has been lovingly built by its owners with lots of attention to detail creating a minimalistic and modern feel whilst maintaining a sustainable building with environmentally friendly characteristics.
This is really evident when you arrive at the property. It also offers a very generous balcony that has mood lighting where you can sit and watch the world go by as you listen to the waves lap against the beach. This pet friendly property has some amazing features like a hot tub and a large lawned garden with a beach at the end. It also has its own lift so that you can access the top floor should you have mobility needs. With bedrooms on the ground floor and the first floor this is certainly a home that has all the accessibility you need for a staycation this year. The minimalistic and modern décor gives you a really modern feel and with the underfloor heating and the huge open plan kitchen/dining room is a very special place to sit and enjoy a relaxing time.
A perfect location to explore Sussex and Hampshire. Within easy reach of Portsmouth, Chichester, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, and Brighton. Goodwood is only 10 miles away which hosts the Festival of Speed, Goodwood Revival, Goodwood festival plus many more. Or you can just sit and relax in your own private hot tub.£558From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Battle, EnglandCaldbec House stables is a cosy property that has recently been renovated by the owner to an extremely high level. As you walk through the front door you enter a huge reception room which is open plan with the kitchen, dining room and lounge which features a really cosy log burner but also benefits from underfloor heating. On the ground floor is a wet room with a walk-in shower, as well as a bath with a shower over, and the double bedroom located next door. Upstairs you will find the other twin bedroom which has some great views of the grounds and also has a study nook with a desk. There is parking directly outside the property and this is located in an area of East Sussex which is in great demand.
Caldbec House Stables is part of the Caldbec House Estate and has been owned by the same family for many years. It is ideal for large family gatherings for birthday or Christmas celebrations and is located in one of the most beautiful parts of East Sussex. This property is located on Caldbec Hill, believed to be close to where the famous Battle of Hastings conflict took place on the 14th of October 1066. This huge house is conveniently positioned on the edge of Battle, which is a small historical town and is designated High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a tourist destination but also a commuter town for white collar workers in the City of London. This really is the staycation of a lifetime if you are wanting to experience a wealth of history both with the property’s location, and its features and settings. Immerse yourself in the experience of Sussex with all its history and antiquity Caldbec House Stables really is the place to stay and enjoy the experience and make some amazing memories. This is a very special home where you will feel history all around you, with some stunning views to wake up to and enjoy that you won’t get to experience every day. Pub within 1 mile.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWelcome to TH Hollow, a beautiful single storey stable conversion in the heart of the Somerset countryside at the foot of the Quantock Hills. Completed in 2021 and finished to a high standard, there is a central open plan living/dining/kitchen which has a fabulous, vaulted ceiling, comfortable furnishings and comes fully equipped with everything you need for the perfect stay. The kitchen area has electric hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave and fridge while the living area has a 43” Smart TV, perfect for relaxing of an evening.
The bedrooms lead off from the central living area with the master having a king-sized bed and bedroom two having a single bed. The large wet room has non-slip flooring, heated towel rail and shower. From bedroom two you have direct access to the Gym with cross trainer, Sauna and further shower room. Ease of access here has been carefully considered, with ramps leading in from both the front and rear entrances as well as wider doors inside, making this wonderful holiday home suitable for all abilities. To the rear is a large, enclosed courtyard with garden furniture (through access may occasionally be required by the gardener for grounds maintenance) and access from here to the utility area with washing machine and bike store.
TH Hollow also has exclusive use of the owner’s fantastic hot tub, covered heated swimming pool and tennis court at pre-arranged times (9am -1pm unless otherwise agreed with owner). Please note that the swimming pool is available from Mid-April until Mid-October. Your four-legged family members are welcome here also and have use of the owners fenced dog walking paddock, the perfect spot to soak up the views while your dogs run off some energy!
Set just outside of the village of Bishops Lydeard, with its village pubs and local store as well as access to the brilliant West Somerset Steam Railway, a great way to see not just the countryside but also the coast while you chug merrily along to Minehead. Alight here and spend the day exploring the shops, restaurants and beach. The county town of Taunton is easily reachable within 15 minutes or head over to Exmoor and explore the wonderful villages, walk over the moors and have a cream tea in one of the many tea shops on route. Beach 12 miles.£73From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bridlington, EnglandRiviera Cottage is a modern detached bungalow nestled within the village of Sewerby, between Filey and Bridlington, on the stunning Yorkshire coastline. This pristine holiday home is well suited for three and for those requiring accessible facilities.
The large kitchen/dining room has contemporary units and plenty of worktop space for preparing delicious home cooked meals. The dining table sits to one side and is the perfect place to sit and enjoy an early morning coffee. Open the doors to the rear garden and patio area and allow that lovely Yorkshire sea breeze in! The cosy living room with sleek electric fire is ideal for a relaxing evening in enjoying your favourite movie on the large flatscreen TV. Riviera Cottage has two bedrooms, one with a double bed and one with an electric single bed; this room also offers the facility of a hoist. Lastly is a large wet room with walk-in shower.
Outside is a small, pebbled garden to the front and a large private garden to the rear. From here a private gate allows you access onto a path which leads straight to the beach in under two minutes. The village of Sewerby provides all the local amenities you require including a village pub and local shop. This pretty holiday homes offers access to miles of sandy beaches, RSBP reserves, country walks and towering cliffs an abundance of wildlife. This area will appeal to cyclists, walkers and bird lovers alike. Within a short drive are the thriving seaside towns of Bridlington and Filey and a little further afield are the rolling hills of the unspoilt Yorkshire Wolds, The North Yorkshire Moors National Park and the historic cities of both Whitby and York. This cottage is the ideal base for your Yorkshire holiday! Beach 100 yards.£49From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Pickering, EnglandThe Long House is a stunning Grade II listed property dating back to 1695. It is set in the picturesque village of Little Barugh, just a few miles from the popular market town of Malton and only a short drive from The North York Moors National Park. This property is ideal for a family or group of friends to relax and enjoy time together in beautiful surroundings. Step inside and the period features are all around, with oak beams, wooden floors, terracotta tiles, original victorian range and even a witching post! Each room oozes charm and character and are furnished with antiques in a traditional Yorkshire style. Most of the impressive paintings throughout this property are the work of the current owners Grandfather. The well equipped kitchen boasts a range cooker, pantry and utility area. The sink and a section of work-tops can be lowered at the hit of a button to assist those who use a wheelchair. The dining room with low, beamed ceiling and original cooking range provides a sociable area to enjoy family dining. The living room is spacious and overlooks the front of the house and the enclosed garden.
Separated into two sections and with a wood burner to one end, it is an ideal space to relax in after a busy day exploring the local area. The antique games table provides the opportunity of a little fireside competition on an evening! The art deco themed house bathroom can be found on the ground floor and offers both a bath and shower option. An accessible kingsize room with a large en-suite wet room and a spiral staircase to a private mezzanine with sofa and TV completes the ground floor facilities. To the first floor are three individually styled bedrooms. Two with en suite shower rooms and a third accessed by its own private staircase. The Long House has a small enclosed garden with seating which boasts lovely views over the village green and to the open countryside beyond.
This beautiful stone built holiday home also offers easy access to York and the seaside town of Whitby and Scarborough. A visit to this area would not be complete without a visit to Castle Howard, home of Brideshead Revisited and ITV’s Victoria. It has also recently featured in the popular Bridgerton series on Netflix. The surrounding countryside is also ideal for walkers and cyclists. The Long House is stunning and is the perfect place for your Yorkshire holiday. Beach 25 miles.
Can be booked with Ash Garth IUN to accommodate 10 guests.£149From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Consett, EnglandRowley Stone Cottages lie within almost 20 acres of land in a small rural hamlet in the midst of rolling countryside, yet close to local facilities. Thought to date back to the 1600s, they were once the dairy, cowsheds and hay barn for Mansfield Farm. After a £1.2 million conversion, they have been beautifully restored with great attention to detail to provide four wonderful holiday cottages. All offer open plan living spaces with a living flame fire and wall mounted Smart TV, and the kitchen area is superbly equipped. The cottages sit within a secure gated development and have private parking and a 9am-5pm on-site concierge service to assist less mobile guests. On arrival, guests will be welcomed within the reception area, and a generous welcome pack awaits, as well as fluffy robes and slippers.
Wagtail Cottage (UK33096) is a semi-detached, ground floor cottage with two ground floor double bedrooms and a shower room with a double walk-in shower. Please be aware that the property isnt suitable for those with wheelchairs or scooters due to the width of the door frames and age of the property. Swallow Cottage (UK33159) is an attractive first floor, loft-style cottage with vaulted ceilings and Velux windows throughout. It has two double bedrooms, which can be interconnecting if required, and the shower room has a large walk-in shower. Barn Owl Cottage (UK33172) is a stunning semi-detached, two-storey property. Its ground floor double bedroom has a separate shower room, whilst the fabulous mezzanine master suite has a glass balcony overlooking the living area, a freestanding slipper bath and an en-suite toilet. Peewit Cottage (UK33161) is a detached property with two double bedrooms, bathroom with a double walk-in shower.
Within the courtyard, each property has its own indoor spa suite, where you can immerse yourself in your bubbling hot tub either in privacy or open up the large door to the open air and night sky. There is a small breakfast bar and stools for drinks, hangers for your bath robes and even a dog cage to house your furry friend while you soak. To the rear is a fabulous communal patio area, perfect for warm evenings, with stunning views out across the open countryside. It has a variety of tables and seating with ample room to sit separately or socialise. A fabulous pergola provides a covered area with comfortable seating. The spa theme extends to the patio area with a relaxing sauna (available after September) by arrangement.
Out and about, the rolling countryside offers a wealth of bridleways, public footpaths and also the iconic C2C cycle route running along the adjacent railway line. Nearby, visit the Derwent Waterside Park, a great place for walking, cycling, fishing and sailing. The properties are well situated just off the A68, making it easy for journeys to Scotland, and the perfect base to explore the north of England, with easy access to both coast and country.
Historic Durham, with its magnificent cathedral and river boat trips, the market town of Barnard Castle, with its 12th-century castle, and medieval Raby Castle are all a short drive away. Beamish Open Air Museum is just 13 miles away, whilst Newcastle and Gateshead offer an array of museums and art galleries along with excellent shopping 18 miles away. The breathtaking scenery of the Northumberland National Park is within half an hour’s drive, as is Hadrian’s Wall. A little further afield are Alnwick Castle and Gardens, while the castles and gloriously unspoilt coastline of Northumberland are around an hour’s drive. Shops and restaurants 3 miles, pub half a mile.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 16 guests.£106From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Chipping Norton, EnglandAs you step through the traditional stable doors, you are greeted with rich wooden floors throughout and a warm and inviting interior.
Set on all one level, the property boasts a spacious living area, and a country kitchen with state of the art appliances, alongside two boutique styled bedrooms. The master suite features a luxurious king-size bed, whilst the second bedroom containing a comfortable single bed. You will love the crisp white linens, soft duvets and cloud like pillows for the ultimate night’s sleep. Refresh and start the day within the luxurious bathroom, complete with feature rainfall shower. The living room sports a Smart TV with Netflix for your enjoyment. The outdoor seating area is the perfect spot to relax, the rural sunrise and sunsets are quite exquisite with great company and glass of champagne.
If you are a foodie extraordinaire be sure to visit Daylesford Organic Farm, jam packed with the finest local produce for stocking up for the week. For those days you simply feel like being wined and dine take a trip to The nearby, 17th century bar, locally famous for a la carte dishes and pub classics. Beyond your stylish abode there are an abundance of fantastic walks nearby to enjoy, so be sure to pack your walking boots so you can get out and explore your wonderful surroundings. The local pub has a wonderful selection of local ales and serves some great gastro food. Take the opportunity to visit the award-winning village of Bourton-on-the-Water for a unique day out, the miniature village display is a must! The whole family can put their problem-solving skills to the test adventuring through the Dragonfly Maze. For the animal lovers a trip to the Birdland Park and Gardens, home to the Cotswolds very own Penguin families is an absolute must. Pub within 1 mile.£105From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hay-on-Wye, EnglandThese stylish barn conversions are adjacent to the owners’ home and farm and are wonderfully located near the book town of Hay On Wye, famous for its literary festival held every May. There are a good range of country pubs nearby which guests can walk to, and enjoy food and a drink. For guests looking to be more active there are stunning walks onto Hay Bluff, The Begwyns and the The Black Mountains. Further afield there is the city of Hereford which offers a range of shops and restaurants. Originally constructed as part of the Norman invasion of Wales, Hay Castle is a medieval site which offers guests a fascinating day out.
Badgers Den (UK32084), is a comfortable one storey barn conversion set all on one level. The living room includes comfortable seating with a double sofa bed offering flexible sleeping at the property. The bedroom sleeps two with a super kingsize bed for your comfort, along with an en-suite wet room. There is a decked area to the front of the property with garden furniture.
Gooses Roost (UK32096), is also all on one level and the super kingsize bed also has the option to be two single beds. Horsecroft (UK37462) is a detached barn conversion and features 3 zip and link super kingsize beds which can be twin beds on request, giving greater flexibility for couples or children.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£54From price per night based on 7 night stay