Full of natural beauty and rural charm, Herefordshire is a truly special place to visit. With stretches of farmlands, woodlands and rolling hills, you and your pooch can enjoy some of the most magnificent countryside walks - before you retreat to a cosy dog-friendly cottage or hotel tucked away in one of the many picturesque villages or towns.
- Leominster, EnglandA delightful barn conversion set in a peaceful, rural location amongst stunning Herefordshire countryside in Broxwood near Pembridge. One acre of grounds with fire pit. WiFi. Private Hot tub. Pembridge 3.3 miles; Leominster 8.5 miles.£87From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandWelcome to Stable Lodge at Greenacre, located just outside the small but charming town of Bromyard. Situated midway between Hereford and Worcester, making it the perfect base for exploring these areas.
Stable Lodge at Greenacre is a cosy, two-bedroom lodge designed to make your stay memorable. The owner has purposely built the accommodation for holiday letting after experiences of their own, they wanted to create something others could enjoy. Accommodating up to four guests, plus travel cot if required, with open plan living, kitchen, and dining areas, creating a spacious and inviting atmosphere with patio doors that lead out onto the terrace and with stunning views of the rural countryside, it’s the perfect countryside stay. Enjoy the serenity of the large outdoor field, on your doorstep, perfect for a leisurely stroll with your four-legged friend. Or after a day out exploring, unwind in the relaxing hot tub, perfect for star gazing and located right on the terrace of the lodge so not far to go at all! The owner lives next door and is more than happy to share her love of the area and local knowledge, helping you make the most of your Bromyard adventure.
Bromyard is a hidden gem. Well known for its local farm shops, cider, and artisan food producers. With independent shops to visit and lively town crier events throughout the year, this town offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere to all visitors. The river Frome is nearby for those who like to enjoy canoeing and similar activities. Brockhampton Estate, Shortwood Farm, the Black and White Trail, Ledbury town with its timber framed buildings and historic 17th century market hall, and the city of Hereford with its cathedral and Mappa Mundi, are all a short drive away and wonderful places to visit.£82From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandKeepers Cottage is a wonderful place for a family break or getaway with friends to explore this great area – there are walks to be had straight from the front door over the rolling countryside. For those wanting to sit and admire the landscape then the conservatory at the back of the property offers some great views, relax with a glass of something chilled in front of the wood burner in the living room.
With the most stunning views of the Herefordshire countryside, this great farmhouse property is perfectly positioned for guests looking to get away and enjoy the peace and quiet that this part of the country offers. The property is set on the owner’s farmland and overlooks the rolling hills of Herefordshire, it is just a short distance from Hereford, Hay-on-Wye, Ross-on-Wye, Abergavenny, and Monmouth, offering guests plenty of choice when it comes to things to do in the area. All these locations offer an array of bars, shops, and restaurants for guests to enjoy during day trips.
This part of Herefordshire offers an excellent selection of things to see and do including visiting both Skenfrith Castle and Goodrich Castle which are both stunning sites of historical interest. For the more adventurous guests, why not take a canoe down the Wye or take a walk up any one of the surrounding hills including The Skirrid and Symonds Yat Rock. The farmhouse is also close to 200 acres of Common land which provides ideal walking with magnificent views of the Severn counties. After a busy day exploring the county, guests can return to the property and enjoy sitting out looking at the view from the patio or by relaxing in the private hot tub. Pub 2 miles and restaurant 2¼ miles.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hay-on-Wye, EnglandMerbach Hill View Holidays is located 5 miles from the literary town of Hay-on-Wye. This new lodge has been completed in 2023 and offers a fabulous romantic break away for two with a private hot tub! It has ground floor accommodation and is pet friendly allowing your four-legged friends to join this will be the ideal break to explore this beautiful area. The lovely open plan living space has patio doors that lead onto the enclosed decked area which is lit at night and houses the private hot tub. Watch the sun go down whilst taking a dip and having that well deserved drink. The owner has thoughtfully provided bathrobes for your convenience.
The popular town of Hay-on-Wye, known as the town of books and famous for its annual literary festival, is a must visit, with its little boutiques and restaurants and coffee shops there is something here for everyone. Guests can enjoy walking along Offa’s Dyke, the Herefordshire Trail and Marches Way. You are also close to the River Wye and within an easy drive of the Black Mountains, Brecon Beacons and the River Wye. Golf, fishing, horse riding, and canoeing can all be found locally so there is something for everyone to enjoy. There are many National Trust properties to enjoy close by, such as Skenfrith Castle.
Hereford city and the town of Ross-on-Wye are set nearby, and both offer a wide range of shops, bars and restaurants. Merbach Hill View Holidays is set in a beautiful area with stunning views.
Swallow Lodge and Cuckoo Lodge (ref UK42541) can be booked together to accommodate up to 6 guests.£73From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hay-on-Wye, EnglandSet in the beautiful Golden Valley this lovely detached bungalow offers spacious and comfortable accommodation accommodation, easily sleeping 8 adults - it is also perfect for families with children. Situated in a truly beautiful part of Herefordshire, this accommodation is perfect for exploring this stunning county. The property is well located for walking and exploring all the local attractions, and is situated equidistant from Hereford, Abergavenny and Hay-on-Wye (the ’town of books’ world-famous for its literary festival in late May). Within easy walking distance of the property, you will find top class bistro, a fabulous local pub, a café, and even a weekly fish & chip van! Further restaurants and bars are just a few minutes drive away.
For active guests, there are some lovely walks easily accessed from the property, or you can expand your adventures to explore the Herefordshire Trail, Offa’s Dyke, Black Mountains and Brecon Beacons. The River Wye, running throughout Herefordshire, offers fantastic opportunities for fishing, canoeing and kayaking. The city of Hereford is just 12 miles away with a wide range of attractions to see and enjoy, as well as an array of bars, shops and restaurants.
After a busy day exploring, this fantastic property offers a private hot tub for guests to enjoy. There is also a beautiful enclosed landscaped garden to the rear of the property enjoying views across the valley, with a seating area and private garden furniture. The front garden offers a peaceful, stream-side retreat, with double swing seat and tree-strung hammock. Set out with disabled access in mind, the property is all on one level with doorways wide enough for wheelchair access. Ample parking is to the front of the property, on the large private driveway. The cosy living room offers comfortable seating. There is a large open plan dining room and kitchen, fully equipped with all you might need to rustle up a homely meal. Pub and restaurant 3/4 miles.£134From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hereford, EnglandA grand five-bedroom stone-fronted cottage, resting in Bodenham, Herefordshire. Woodburning stove. Hot tub. Countryside views. Bedrooms with en-suites. Pet-friendly. Traditional. Leominster 6.2 miles; Hereford 11.3 miles.£186From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandThis luxury apartment is set within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and within 10 acres of idyllic grounds with 2 acres of enchanting woodland.
They have magnificent surroundings with beautiful panoramic views of neighbouring farmland, the Malvern Hills and Worcestershire/Herefordshire countryside. The Treehouse features an open-plan very sociable living space with a kitchen and a living area with a cosy wood burner, alongside a 48" Smart TV, sound system and DVD player. Doors lead to a south-facing patio with garden furniture & hot tub, the ideal spot for relaxing with a drink or dining al-fresco. There is no bike store as such but there is a barn.
The property is within 15 minutes’ drive of Malvern and the location is ideal for nature enthusiasts, with an abundance of wildlife to observe as well as unrivalled birdwatching. Attractions to visit near the cottages include the Malvern Hills, Three Counties Showground and Malvern Theatre, as well as farm shops, gardens, gift shops, picnic areas and walking trails. Fishing, golf and horse riding are also available, as well as pick your own fruit (in season). Racecourses in the locality include Hereford, Worcester, Chepstow, Ludlow, Cheltenham, Wolverhampton, Warwick and Stratford. A public footpath on site joins the local network, and local bus stops are nearby. It is a 10-minute drive to the nearest railway station, and only a 1-hour drive from Birmingham city centre and Birmingham International Airport.£103From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandHeath Barn is a newly renovated detached barn perfect for two, looking for a romantic break with town and country on their doorstep. This fabulous barn sits right on the Worcestershire and Hereford border with views of the Malvern hills. It is gloriously set within its very own private field and sits right on the Worcestershire Way.
Designed all on one level, it has an open plan living and kitchen space, kitted out with all the mod cons. The sleeping quarter includes a sumptuous bed with top of the range linens for the ultimate night’s sleep, along with a snazzy bathroom with double shower. Outside guests can enjoy dining alfresco, followed by some serious relax and recuperation within the bubbling hot tub. The barn also features underfloor heating throughout, along with a Smart TV for your convenience.
Just across the lane, guests will find a small working farm; why not request a box of eggs and some wonky veg for a small donation, should you feel like dining on organic local produce for the week? There are some lovely country pubs within walking distance too that provide a nice pit stop after a country ramble.
Just beyond this wonderful abode, you are within a short drive of the world-famous Malvern Hills and the Cotswolds, making this a great base for walkers. Within Malvern, there is a plethora of restaurants, boutique shops and a theatre. Why not take a trip along the Wye River, hop on a canoe or paddleboard at Hereford, and see wildlife and Herefordshire by river? There are great links to Bromyard, Worcester, Hereford, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Ludlow, Tewkesbury and Ledbury. Hereford (20 miles), Worcester (11 miles), Malvern (6 miles), Ledbury (10 miles).£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandA Grade II listed detached cottage tucked away in the tranquil village of Trumpet near Ledbury, Herefordshire. Hot tub. Child friendly. Cinema projector. Eastnor 6 miles; Hereford 10.9 miles.£181From price per night based on 7 night stay