Full of natural beauty and rural charm, Herefordshire is a truly special place to visit. With stretches of farmlands, woodlands and rolling hills, you and your pooch can enjoy some of the most magnificent countryside walks - before you retreat to a cosy dog-friendly cottage or hotel tucked away in one of the many picturesque villages or towns.
- Mathon, EnglandThis delightful, single storey, detached holiday property, in the grounds of Mathon Court, offers tastefully styled interiors, and the enclosed garden affords wonderful views over open countryside, with streams and direct access to public footpaths for scenic walks. Peacefully located along a quiet lane, yet only 2 miles from the local pub/restaurant, and 3
1/2miles from the popular town of Malvern which has excellent facilities including leisure centre, cinema and theatre which attracts many West End shows and stars, and 7 miles from the historic market town of Ledbury. This is an ideal home for couples or families who wish to explore Worcestershire and Herefordshire. There are many picturesque villages to visit, and the property is well placed for sightseeing, with the cathedral cities of Worcester, Hereford and Gloucester all within driving distance. The Malvern Hills, Cotswolds and Forest of Dean are also within easy reach, as is the Regency spa town of Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon, birthplace of Shakespeare. Both offer an excellent day out, with an abundance of shops, theatres, racecourses and restaurants. Excellent, challenging walking, golf, fishing, cycling and horse riding are all close by. Shop 1 1/2miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£59From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Orleton, EnglandThis nicely converted, 19th century, detached, cider mill holiday cottage is near the owner’s farm, with views over lawned gardens and meadows, in the cider apple county just south of the fine medieval town of Ludlow. It’s a short drive from woodland walks, fishing in the Teme Valley and the border country. The dining area retains a magnificent cider mill (one of the few that survive in the area) and the living room has external granary steps. Good walks from the door, and all the attractions of Shropshire and Hereford an easy drive. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£44From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ross-on-Wye, EnglandA charming terraced cottage in the Wye Valley on the edge of the Forest of Dean. WiFi. Pet-friendly. Walks from the doorstep. Abundance of outdoor activities. Local pub via chain ferry!£46From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandSet on the outskirts of the charming village of Pencombe, this semi-detached cottage was originally part of the coach house and stables for Pencombe Hall, which was built by the Arkwright family in 1862, and is steeped in history and full of character. Coachman’s Cottage is attached to the owners’ property around a courtyard and retains many of the original features. It is set within approximately 1-acre of gardens and enjoys its own private garden and patio to the rear, as well as a fabulous summerhouse, perfect for enjoying barbecues on summer evenings.
Pencombe is situated between the city of Hereford and the charming town of Leominster, full of quirky shops, bars and restaurants for visitors to enjoy exploring. For the more active guests, walking is plentiful in this beautiful spot. Docklow Pools is 4 miles away and offers a wonderful spot to enjoy lunch. It also offers nine established fishing lakes, perfect for carp and catfish fishing. Nearby is the famous Chase Distillery, where you can enjoy a tour and also take part in a tasting experience, maybe take some back to enjoy in the comfort of your holiday cottage. The original Hampton Court, with its wonderful gardens is 4 miles away, almost on the doorstep. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£111From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandThese four superb holiday cottages nestle on the borders of Herefordshire and Worcestershire and are located on a 700-acre estate on the beautiful west side of the Malvern Hills. Netherley Hall Estate is a family-run farm specialising in the breeding of cattle and sheep and the surrounding area offers marvellous woodland walks.
The cottages are within 15 minutes’ drive of Malvern and have panoramic views of the wooded hills and unspoilt countryside; the location is ideal for nature enthusiasts, with an abundance of wildlife to observe as well as unrivalled birdwatching.
Three of the cottages are detached, whilst the fourth one is semi-detached, and the English oak timber used to restore their interiors was felled and machined from the extensive woodland on the estate itself. The furnishings and fittings for all the cottages have been supplied by local businesses, and during restoration, the owners have paid great attention to detail.
Parkers (ref RAAP) was originally built in 1610 and is a detached, listed building lovingly restored to the very highest standard and has several items of antique furniture. Parkers Lodge (ref RAAQ) is a smaller two-bedroomed detached cottage completed in 2006 and fitted out to a very high standard, whilst Brook House (ref RAAR) is a detached, listed building dating from around 1670 and emanates a marvellous ambience. It has landscaped gardens and a terrace with outstanding views overlooking Mathon Brook. The Bothy (ref UK12100) is semi-detached and was renovated in 2019. It has a kitchen/dining room, and through the archway there is a comfortable living room with French doors opening out to a beautiful garden area, with views over the farmland and farm animals.
Attractions to visit near the cottages include the Malvern Hills, Three Counties Showground and Malvern Theatre, as well as farm shops, gardens, gift shops, picnic areas and walking trails. Fishing, golf and horse riding are also available, as well as pick your own fruit (in season). Racecourses in the locality include Hereford, Worcester, Chepstow, Ludlow, Cheltenham, Wolverhampton, Warwick and Stratford. Shop 1 mile, pub 2 miles.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hereford, EnglandA characterful Grade II listed cottage settled in the pretty village of Weobley, in Herefordshire. Garden. Pet-friendly. Rural. Close to amenities. Hereford 11 miles; Hay-on-Wye 14.7 miles; Ludlow 21 miles.£57From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hereford, EnglandA beautiful semi-detached black and white cottage located 4.2 miles from rural Whitney-on-Wye. Original features. Dog-friendly. Close to Black Mountains and National Park. Hay-on-Wye 6 miles.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandCharming barn conversion in Broxwood near Pembridge, surrounded by beautiful Herefordshire countryside.Private Hot tub. Large garden with fire pit. WiFi. Close to Offa's Dyke. Pembridge 3.3 miles; Leominster 8.5 miles.£87From price per night based on 7 night stay