Full of natural beauty and rural charm, Herefordshire is a truly special place to visit. With stretches of farmlands, woodlands and rolling hills, you and your pooch can enjoy some of the most magnificent countryside walks - before you retreat to a cosy dog-friendly cottage or hotel tucked away in one of the many picturesque villages or towns.
- Ledbury, EnglandStubb Oak is a beautiful, spacious, three bedroom bungalow, which has been extended to give guests an extremely comfortable stay, and is set within a large garden next to a 2½-acre field. With outdoor seating and a large gas barbecue, accessible via bi-fold doors from the dining room, it’s the perfect place to entertain with families and friends. There is even space in the entrance hall to store up to three bicycles. It is located ¾ mile from the centre of Colwall, in peaceful countryside with lots of wildlife visiting including badgers (the owners provide a nightly food pack for guests to sit and watch them feed), squirrels and a variety of bird life including woodpeckers. Beautiful views of the Malvern Hills can be seen from many rooms in Stubb Oak and are easily accessible from the many pathways around the property. The peaceful rural village of Colwall is situated on the sunny western flanks of the breathtaking Malvern Hills in the heart of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The village offers an excellent range of local facilities including shops, churches, pubs and a mainline railway station with services to Hereford, Worcester, Birmingham New Street, Oxford and London Paddington. It lays between the market town of Ledbury, 5 miles away, and Great Malvern, 3½ miles away, both of which offer a wide range of facilities and amenities including the famous Malvern theatre, shops and restaurants. Upton-upon-Severn, famous for its jazz, folk and blues festivals, and lovely riverside, is under 10 miles away. The cathedral cities of Gloucester, 22 miles, and Worcester, 11 miles, are worth a day trip. There is lots to do in the area including walking and cycling in the hills, a trip to the Elgar Museum and a visit to the local vineyards and cider producers. Shop, pub and restaurant ¾ mile.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandThese four superb holiday cottages nestle on the borders of Herefordshire and Worcestershire and are located on a 700-acre estate on the beautiful west side of the Malvern Hills. Netherley Hall Estate is a family-run farm specialising in the breeding of cattle and sheep and the surrounding area offers marvellous woodland walks.
The cottages are within 15 minutes’ drive of Malvern and have panoramic views of the wooded hills and unspoilt countryside; the location is ideal for nature enthusiasts, with an abundance of wildlife to observe as well as unrivalled birdwatching.
Three of the cottages are detached, whilst the fourth one is semi-detached, and the English oak timber used to restore their interiors was felled and machined from the extensive woodland on the estate itself. The furnishings and fittings for all the cottages have been supplied by local businesses, and during restoration, the owners have paid great attention to detail.
Parkers (ref RAAP) was originally built in 1610 and is a detached, listed building lovingly restored to the very highest standard and has several items of antique furniture. Parkers Lodge (ref RAAQ) is a smaller two-bedroomed detached cottage completed in 2006 and fitted out to a very high standard, whilst Brook House (ref RAAR) is a detached, listed building dating from around 1670 and emanates a marvellous ambience. It has landscaped gardens and a terrace with outstanding views overlooking Mathon Brook. The Bothy (ref UK12100) is semi-detached and was renovated in 2019. It has a kitchen/dining room, and through the archway there is a comfortable living room with French doors opening out to a beautiful garden area, with views over the farmland and farm animals.
Attractions to visit near the cottages include the Malvern Hills, Three Counties Showground and Malvern Theatre, as well as farm shops, gardens, gift shops, picnic areas and walking trails. Fishing, golf and horse riding are also available, as well as pick your own fruit (in season). Racecourses in the locality include Hereford, Worcester, Chepstow, Ludlow, Cheltenham, Wolverhampton, Warwick and Stratford. Shop 1 mile, pub 2 miles.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandQuarry Lodge overlooks lovely rolling countryside, just 3 miles from the market town of Ledbury. This attractive Scandinavian style lodge, with a comfortable open plan living space, boasts landscaped gardens, an entrance hall and a private hot tub. Set in the open countryside, it lies within easy reach of Hereford, 11 miles, the Malvern Hills, Forest of Dean, Worcester and Gloucester. A family run farm park, several National Trust properties and the three Counties Showground are also easily accessible, as are golf and fishing. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£186From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandA charming, ground floor detached lodge in the grounds of the owner's home, surrounded by orchards and fields, on the outskirts of Ledbury. WiFi. Dogs welcome. Enclosed patio with furniture. Hereford 15 miles.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandSituated in the heart of the Three Counties area and magnificent Malvern Hills, Ledbury is the perfect place for a holiday. Take time out to relax and enjoy the wonderful scenery, picturesque towns and villages, and superb countryside. The Old Kennels Farm is a small, friendly, family-run farm of 24 acres, where tasty apples are grown in the on-site orchard, and each autumn they are harvested to make cider that is transported to some of the most prestigious venues in London and various outlets around the country. The holiday cottages (refs UK41822, UKC1766, UKC1767, UKC1768, UKC1769 and UKC1770) are conversions of old farm buildings that are at the top end of the site and are all named after old varieties of cider apples.
The farm is perfectly positioned on the outskirts of Ledbury in picturesque Herefordshire. Ledbury is a pretty, well-kept town in the east of the county, with fantastic examples of timber framed buildings, including the market hall dating back to the 17th century. Explore the town’s cobbled streets, which in summer are adorned with the most beautiful hanging baskets, and which have won ’Britain in Bloom’ competitions. Half a mile easy walk will take you into the town centre, where you will find public houses and restaurants, a small leisure centre, swimming pool and a gymnasium. There is also a variety of small individual shops and two larger supermarkets.
Local attractions include Eastnor Castle, a deer park, exhilarating Landrover experiences, off roading, golf, balloon flights, family pottery sessions at Eastnor Pottery, Hellens Manor, Newent Heritage Centre and The International Centre for Birds of Prey. Visit Westons, where you can experience a shire horse dray ride, sample Westons Cider on the mill tour or simply wander through the courtyard garden. Newbridge Farm Park is where children can get hands on with the animals or explore the Hop Pocket Shopping Village. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 19 guests.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandOffering spectacular views over rolling countryside to the Malvern Hills, this beautifully converted former chapel enjoys a peaceful, rural and isolated setting in delightfully named Much Marcle – boasting three village inns, a historic house and three cider makers including Westons! Adjoining the owners’ home, but not overlooked, it is set within their 2-acre grounds and enjoys shared use of their lovely garden. One small dog is also welcome at the property. It is equidistant from the popular ‘black and white’ market town of Ledbury and the water sports of Ross-on-Wye (both 6 miles) and within easy reach of Eastnor Castle. An ideal holiday location to explore the many landscapes of beautiful Herefordshire, the Wye Valley and the historic remains of past conflicts in this Border country. Riding, golf, fishing and walks nearby. Shop 1 mile.£45From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandA Grade II listed detached cottage tucked away in the tranquil village of Trumpet near Ledbury, Herefordshire. Hot tub. Child friendly. Cinema projector. Eastnor 6 miles; Hereford 10.9 miles.£207From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandRailway Terrace gives you a welcoming feel from the moment you step through the door. The cosy living room with its wood burner is perfect for snuggling up to watch a movie in front of the fire after a long day exploring. The room opens up onto the dining room, where you can spend hours playing games or eating the wonderful meal you have created in the fabulously equipped kitchen. Upstairs you have three bedrooms, two with zip and link beds making for flexible sleeping arrangements no matter your party type. There is also a large single room with an additional pull-out single. Much time and care has been spent both in the home and outside to create an enclosed family garden area with seating, barbecue area, pergola and a lawn for kids to play in, which is slightly separate from the property.
On the edge of the large village of Colwall, you have restaurants, bars and takeaways under a mile away if you do not feel like cooking, local shops will have the essentials you need, with larger shops close by in Great Malvern. Take some time to explore and visit the nearby picturesque towns and villages, walk the Malvern Hills, visit Eastnor Castle or spend a day out at one of the many events held at the Three Counties Showground, which is just 5 miles away!
Further afield are the cities of Worcester and Hereford, both easily reachable by train, and luckily the train station is just 600m away, so its the perfect spot for leaving the car behind and exploring the local attractions by rail! National Trust properties surround the area and are always a must see, as well as visiting the cities of Gloucester and Cheltenham, the latter is great for a day at the races. Shop 530 yards, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£70From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandNestled within countryside, where scenic orchards can be found nearby, as well as a river in the village, this beautiful detached cottage is in the perfect location for romantic escapes, rural adventures and memorable breaks with friends and family. This 17th-century cottage has been carefully put together with comfort in mind, retaining its charm and character. It boasts original beams, and the adjacent owners have added thoughtful, welcoming touches such as an external games room and a blazing wood burner, perfect for cosy nights in! West View Cottage offers a cosy living area, a wonderful kitchen and a modern bathroom. The three sumptuous bedrooms are located on the first floor, and provide the perfect place to unwind following a busy day’s adventure.
Herefordshire is a place of discovery, whether it’s walking in the amazing countryside or visiting the majestic cathedral - there is something to do for everyone. Frome Valley Vineyard is only a mile away, and stands on the banks of the River Frome at Paunton. The vineyard is surrounded by orchards, hop yards and rolling meadows. If you fancy some adventure, there’s paint balling, a bowling alley and horse riding nearby. About ½ mile away there is a traditional farm shop, which is well worth a visit; you can purchase local fresh produce ranging from home made pies to locally grown produce and ales. Shop 1½ miles, pub ½ mile and restaurant 2½ miles.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ledbury, EnglandHeath Barn is a newly renovated detached barn perfect for two, looking for a romantic break with town and country on their doorstep. This fabulous barn sits right on the Worcestershire and Hereford border with views of the Malvern hills. It is gloriously set within its very own private field and sits right on the Worcestershire Way.
Designed all on one level, it has an open plan living and kitchen space, kitted out with all the mod cons. The sleeping quarter includes a sumptuous bed with top of the range linens for the ultimate night’s sleep, along with a snazzy bathroom with double shower. Outside guests can enjoy dining alfresco, followed by some serious relax and recuperation within the bubbling hot tub. The barn also features underfloor heating throughout, along with a Smart TV for your convenience.
Just across the lane, guests will find a small working farm; why not request a box of eggs and some wonky veg for a small donation, should you feel like dining on organic local produce for the week? There are some lovely country pubs within walking distance too that provide a nice pit stop after a country ramble.
Just beyond this wonderful abode, you are within a short drive of the world-famous Malvern Hills and the Cotswolds, making this a great base for walkers. Within Malvern, there is a plethora of restaurants, boutique shops and a theatre. Why not take a trip along the Wye River, hop on a canoe or paddleboard at Hereford, and see wildlife and Herefordshire by river? There are great links to Bromyard, Worcester, Hereford, Cheltenham, Gloucester, Ludlow, Tewkesbury and Ledbury. Hereford (20 miles), Worcester (11 miles), Malvern (6 miles), Ledbury (10 miles).£66From price per night based on 7 night stay