Full of natural beauty and rural charm, Herefordshire is a truly special place to visit. With stretches of farmlands, woodlands and rolling hills, you and your pooch can enjoy some of the most magnificent countryside walks - before you retreat to a cosy dog-friendly cottage or hotel tucked away in one of the many picturesque villages or towns.
- Leominster, EnglandSet on the outskirts of the charming village of Pencombe, this semi-detached cottage was originally part of the coach house and stables for Pencombe Hall, which was built by the Arkwright family in 1862, and is steeped in history and full of character. Coachman’s Cottage is attached to the owners’ property around a courtyard and retains many of the original features. It is set within approximately 1-acre of gardens and enjoys its own private garden and patio to the rear, as well as a fabulous summerhouse, perfect for enjoying barbecues on summer evenings.
Pencombe is situated between the city of Hereford and the charming town of Leominster, full of quirky shops, bars and restaurants for visitors to enjoy exploring. For the more active guests, walking is plentiful in this beautiful spot. Docklow Pools is 4 miles away and offers a wonderful spot to enjoy lunch. It also offers nine established fishing lakes, perfect for carp and catfish fishing. Nearby is the famous Chase Distillery, where you can enjoy a tour and also take part in a tasting experience, maybe take some back to enjoy in the comfort of your holiday cottage. The original Hampton Court, with its wonderful gardens is 4 miles away, almost on the doorstep. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£111From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandNestled within a cider orchard on the edge of Ludlow, you’ll find this beautifully renovated cottage which was once used to store apples from the surrounding trees. It’s the perfect stay for couples wanting to enjoy the peaceful surroundings and relax and unwind. Featuring a beautifully designed, light-filled living space. Step inside and you’ll be greeted by the open plan living, dining and kitchen area. After a long walk, you can light the wood burning stove and snuggle up on the sofa to enjoy some of the locally sourced treats from your welcome hamper. There’s space for two around the dining table and the bespoke kitchen is fully equipped with everything you’ll need for anything from quick breakfasts to fancy dinners. Move upstairs to the kingsize bedroom with its crisp white bed linen and beautiful views across to Clee. There’s a stylish en-suite bathroom with double shower and modern light up mirror. Traditional cottage style windows open out to let in some of that fresh countryside air and allow you to fully enjoy the stunning views.
This all makes for a great base for exploring Ludlow, the Shropshire Hills and charming market towns such as Leominster and Ledbury all on your doorstep.Outside, there’s an orchard where you can while away warm afternoons out in the sunshine. There’s a coal BBQ and some outdoor furniture so you can make the most of the scenery during the day.
Pear tree cottage is conveniently located with the historic town of Ludlow only 6 miles away, with its many award-winning restaurants and pubs and various food festivals. Alternatively, you can take a stroll to the village pub, which is less than half a mile away and can be reached along a public footpath. Enjoy a day out at Croft Castle or Berrington Hall, both are National Trust properties set in spectacular grounds. Less than half an hour drive is the Shropshire Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, enjoy the beauty of rolling hills, river valleys and woodlands with its rich variety of bird and wildlife.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandThis lovely detached property is a converted coach house and offers guests comfortable accommodation within the popular village of Leintwardine. The property is set within easy walking distance of village amenities including two of the most popular public houses and restaurants. The property is set close to the popular town of Ludlow, which is home to the medieval Ludlow Castle, and boasts an array of bars, shops and restaurants for guests to enjoy. There are many beautiful walks nearby including Mortimer Forest, or walks up and over the Clee Hill which has the most gorgeous views across Shropshire. Just a few miles away is Stokesay Castle, an English Heritage site, Shrewsbury, Hereford, Ironbridge, and many charming little border towns boasting their large array of independent bars, shops, and restaurants. Enjoy a day out at one of the other nearby country estates which include Downton Castle, Oakley Park, and Brampton Bryan Castle.
The property is detached and there is parking on the driveway for one car. On the ground floor you’ll find an open plan living area, kitchen and dining area. The living area includes comfortable seating and a Smart TV. On the first floor you’ll find the first bedroom that sleeps two with a zip and link super kingsize bed, and a second bedroom sleeping two with a double bed. You’ll also find a shower room with a walk in shower. There is also private garden space to the rear with garden furniture and patio space. Pub and restaurant 352 yards.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandThis wonderful, detached house rests in Stansbatch near Presteigne, Herefordshire. WiFI. Woodburning stove. Off-road parking. Leominster 11.6 miles; Ludlow 16.7 miles; Hay-on-Wye 17.7 miles.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandSituated in the beautiful Herefordshire countryside, the cottage offers guests a comfortable and quiet spot in which to enjoy this beautiful county.
This detached cottage is set within the owners’ grounds and there are fantastic walks to be enjoyed from the doorstep, including The Bromard Downs, which are over 700 feet above sea level. From the highest points there are fantastic views towards the Clee Hills. Nearby there are plenty of attractions to keep the most adventurous of couples amused. This includes Witley Court Gardens and Hampton Court Castle which offer numerous of activities such as, exploring the beautiful gardens and enjoying river walks and tours around the castles.
There is also the chase distillery nearby which is a must visit to sample the famous gin and vodka which is made there; why not buy a bottle to enjoy in the private gardens with this property. This is a working property with various animals horses, geese and dogs around the property.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandSet just outside the village of Pencombe, this property enjoys the peaceful surroundings of the Herefordshire countryside. The Byre is set 11 miles from the historic towns of Leominster and Hereford, which offer a range of independent shops and restaurants, with the towns of Bromyard and Ludlow set nearby. Attractions such as Berrington Hall, Croft Castle and Hampton Court Castle offer a fantastic day out for all guests. Bromyard is only 4 miles away and has shops, pubs, cafés, restaurants, petrol stations, a library, fitness centre and a theatre. The Byre has a private enclosed patio with furniture and BBQ for guests to relax in after a busy day exploring the county. For those looking to bring their bikes, there is an anchor point attached to the wall. Fishing is available nearby, and there is also a private swimming pool available to hire by the hour just 150 yards away. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mmile.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandThis lovely detached lodge, where the owner lives just next door, has a private enclosed garden and decked seating area ideal for your four-legged friend, of which two are welcome free of charge and a third is chargable. The Wooden Lodge offers an open plan living space with a cosy wood burner in the living area for those cooler evenings, and a kitchen/dining area.
Set in peaceful Herefordshire countryside and with great links to the popular towns of Ludlow, Leominster and Hereford, there is so much to see and do in the area. There are plenty of stunning walks to choose from including close access to the famous Offa’s Dyke Path and the Mortimer Way. The market town of Presteigne is just 6 miles away and has a variety of independent shops and restaurants, and is also home to the award-winning Judges Lodgings Museum which is well worth a visit. Shop 4 miles, pub 2 miles and restaurant 6 miles.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Leominster, EnglandA delightful barn conversion set in a peaceful, rural location amongst stunning Herefordshire countryside in Broxwood near Pembridge. One acre of grounds with fire pit. WiFi. Private Hot tub. Pembridge 3.3 miles; Leominster 8.5 miles.£87From price per night based on 7 night stay