With stunning landscapes, majestic mountains and historic wonders, The Scottish Highlands is a truly magnificent place to visit. Whether you're looking for a cosy cottage or luxury hotel, there's a brilliant choice of dog-friendly accommodation and outdoor space for you and your pup to enjoy.
- Beauly, ScotlandA warm highland welcome awaits you at Blueberry Hill, which enjoys a peaceful setting just a mile outside of the popular village of Beauly. This lovely, cosy holiday apartment has been furnished and equipped to a very good standard to ensure your holiday is as enjoyable and relaxing as possible. Blueberry Hill makes a super base for exploring this fantastic part of the northern Highlands. The village of Beauly has a lovely selection of quality shops and restaurants for you to enjoy. Nearby Muir of Ord boasts the Glen Ord Distillery and Visitor Centre, where you can sample their lovely whisky. Inverness, the Highland capital, is only 15 miles away from the Beauly and enjoys a large number of shops, a cinema, theatre and museums. Take a trip along the Moray coastline, which is dotted with small fishing villages and unspoilt and quiet sandy beaches, and you can also take a trip along the Moray Malt Whisky Trail, the only one of its kind in the world. Enjoy a day at Culloden Battlefield, Fort George or Brodie and Cawdor Castles, all steeped in history and well worth a visit.
Slightly to the south is Loch Ness and Drumnadrochit where you can explore the ruins of Urquhart Castle on the shores of Loch Ness. To the north you will find the vast unspoilt counties of Sutherland and Caithness. Aviemore and the Cairngorms National Park are within an easy drive with so many outdoor pursuits and visitor attractions that you will be spoilt for choice. Visit the stunning beauty of the west coast and the Isle of Skye within driving distance, you can enjoy a super day out where castles, historic sites and great places to eat are abundant. Amongst the many activities the area has to offer you will find mountain biking, water sports, hill and mountain climbing, horse riding, paint balling and quad biking just to name a few. A holiday in Blueberry Hill is where many happy memories of your holiday will be made. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£79Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandDetached former mill, resting near the Scottish Highlands village of Cannich. WiFi. Woodburner. Countryside views. Off-road parking.£65Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandA fresh, modern cottage in the Scottish village of Beauly. Highlands location. En-suite. Woodburner. Pet-friendly. Summer house.£62Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandWillow Lodge is located just 3 miles from the village of Muir of Ord, in a rural position on the edge of a croft. The property has been designed to make the most of the location and maximise the stunning views from all the main rooms. An enclosed private deck wraps around the lodge with comfortable seating for a family of six. The main living area is open plan and contemporary with industrial light fittings, a 50 inch wall mounted Smart TV and a very well equipped kitchen with a breakfast bar. The seating is arranged to take in the views with French doors to the decking. The master bedroom also has French doors and a luxury en-suite shower room. There is another double bedroom and a twin bedroom, both having French doors. These are served by a stunning wet room which is also suitable for wheelchair users. Willow Lodge is dog friendly and will provide an ideal base for walking and exploring the stunning Black Isles.
Inverness, the highland capital, Loch Ness, Culloden Battlefield and the beautiful coastal villages of the Moray Coast are all within a short drive. Local activities include mountain biking, golf, fishing, horse riding, walking and hill climbing to name just a few. Take a day trip to the lovely Isle of Skye and the scenic west coast or travel further north and explore the many unspoilt beaches and coastal inlets of Caithness and Sutherland. Beach 26½ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£79Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandA charming, detached cottage nestled in Wester Balblair near Beauly, Inverness. Ground-floor living. Garden. WiFi. Pet-friendly. Off-road parking. Kilmorack 1.2 miles; Muir of Ord 4.1 miles; Inverness 12.3 miles.£61Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandSituated just 7 miles to the west of Inverness is this charming two bedroom chalet, nestled in the woodland, offering guests a warmth of tranquillity and peace surrounded by local flora and fauna. The chalet has been lovingly furnished and offers guests a good level comfort throughout. There is a well-appointed living/dining room with a television and DVD player, the perfect place for movie nights after busy days of exploration. The well-equipped kitchen has everything you could need during your stay, including a washing machine for muddy clothes. Set all on the ground floor, the property comfortably accommodate up to 4 guests across 2 bedrooms, comprising a kingsize bedroom and a twin room. Both are served by a family shower room with a shower cubicle. Outside there is private parking for 2 cars and a large enclosed garden with undisturbed wildlife, including red squirrels, badgers, deer and an array of birds.
The wonderful town of Beauly is just 5 miles away where you can wander around the shops and enjoy a coffee in the square. Inverness is 7 miles away with its great selection of shops, restaurants and bars. Over the Kessock bridge will lead you into the Blackisle where you can watch the dolphins or go for a long walk on the stunning Rosemarkie beach. Shop 7 miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
This property can be booked together with Baillie (UK31535), Burnside (UK31536), Bridge End (UK31534) and Kilninver (UK31537) to accommodate up to 18 guests.£81Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandBattan Forest Cottage is tucked away in the woods amongst a small cluster of cottages. It’s a lovely peaceful location and the cottage sits detached in a large, mature garden with only a few neighbours nearby. Perfect for couples, Battan Forest Cottage is a lovely romantic getaway. The living room has a huge wood burner. The garden is huge and wraps around the property - being fully enclosed means it’s brilliant for dogs. The only thing to keep an eye on is the pond in the back part of the garden which isn’t fenced. The accommodation is very spacious having originally been a three bedroom cottage. Now it has one large double bedroom with a super king four poster bed and views to the back and front gardens. The living/dining room is a great space and there’s access to the front and back gardens. The kitchen has everything you will need to cook up a storm during your stay. And there’s a spacious bathroom with shower over bath.
You can stay at Battan Forest Cottage for the entirety of your holiday and not go anywhere, it’s that peaceful and rejuvenating a spot. However, there are many places to see and visit near and far. Battan Forest is equidistant between Loch Ness and the Beauly Firth, so you can quickly get across to the Loch and the Great Glen to explore as well as head north via Beauly to the Black Isle and wherever you fancy along the NC500. Inverness is only twenty minutes’ drive away too, so you’re out in the wilds but at the same time not! It’s a great combination, the best of both worlds if you will for a Highland holiday. We urge you to book now and look forward to a great stay at Battan Forest Cottage. It’s not often you get the chance to book a cottage for two with so many great features included.£80Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandThis stone-built, detached, one-and-a-half-storey cottage rests in Ardnagrask near Beauly, Scottish Highlands. Off-road parking. Woodburning stove. Enclosed garden. Muir of Ord 1.6 miles; Inverness 15.5 miles.£74Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandA traditional, detached Highland cottage surrounded by countryside in Aigas near Beauly, Inverness. Off-road parking. Open fire. Beautiful views. Pet-friendly. Enclosed garden. Inverness 16.6 miles; Fort Augustus 35.7 miles.£64Price per night from
- Beauly, ScotlandA warm Highland welcome awaits you at this holiday property, located in the Beaufort Estate. It enjoys a tranquil setting only a few miles from Beauly in the heart of the Scottish Highlands and without doubt, make a super base for exploring the many attractions and activities this area has to offer. The cottage has been equipped and furnished to ensure as relaxing and comfortable holiday as possible, and it has its own individual character and style. You can explore the extensive grounds of Beaufort Estate with its abundance of wildlife, idyllic picnic places and easy walking routes and also travel further afield to experience some of the stunning scenery, interesting and historic attractions and a large variety of sports.
The popular village of Beauly is only four miles and offers a very good range of shops and restaurants with Inverness, the Highland Capital, just 12 miles. You can visit Culloden Battlefield and its interactive visitor centre, Fort George, Cawdor and Brodie Castles all steeped in local history or explore the picturesque fishing villages and beaches of the stunning Moray coastline. Take a boat trip and perhaps catch sight of the famous bottlenose dolphins or go to Drumnadrochit, which is set on the shores of Loch Ness, as well as Fort Augustus, where you can watch the boats coming through the locks in the centre of the village.
Slightly further afield is the beautiful Isle of Skye and the wonderful unspoilt scenery of the West Coast where you will find some wonderful restaurants to sample to local produce particularly seafood. From Skye, you can hop on to a ferry to the Outer Hebrides – a truly unspoilt part of Scotland with its rugged landscape and sweeping white sandy beaches. A day trip to the Orkney Islands is recommended where you can visit numerous archaeological sites such as Skara Brae, the Eagles Tomb and The Ring of Brodgar to name just a few. For the energetic and outdoor enthusiast, there are numerous mountain bike and forest trails, walking and climbing in the nearby glens of Strathfarrar, Cannich and Affric, golf with a large number of acclaimed courses such as the Royal Dornoch and Castle Stuart within easy reach. Snow sports are available in Aviemore, Glencoe or Glenshee. For the less energetic, sit back, relax and unwind and enjoy this tranquil setting which is Beaufort Estate.
Rose Cottage can be booked together with Dairy Cottage (CC511444), Checkers Cottage (CC511445), Duffs Lodge (CC511446), Kennels Cottage (CC511447), Mercy Cottage (CC511448), Stables Cottage (CC511450), The Retreat (UK5004), The Kennels Bothy (CC511451), The Larder (CC511452) and Nursery Cottage (UK5917) to accommodate up to 50 guests.£75Price per night from