With stunning landscapes, majestic mountains and historic wonders, The Scottish Highlands is a truly magnificent place to visit. Whether you're looking for a cosy cottage or luxury hotel, there's a brilliant choice of dog-friendly accommodation and outdoor space for you and your pup to enjoy.
- Boat of Garten, ScotlandThis detached holiday bungalow with solar panels for hot water, is surrounded by fields and moorland, just 2 miles from Nethy Bridge and Boat of Garten, in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park and 10 miles from Aviemore. Mountain biking, golf, hill walking, mountaineering, skiing, and watersports at Loch Insh, and the famous whisky and castle trails are easily accessible. Visit Carrbridge for Landmark Centre or take the Strathspey steam train from Boat of Garten to Aviemore. Shop, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.£59Price per night from
- Boat of Garten, ScotlandThis traditional detached, 130-year-old holiday cottage is set in a highland village location surrounded by mountains, woodlands, abundant wildlife and magnificent scenery. The village lies close to the River Spey for fishing, has a golf/tennis club and is only ½ hour drive from the Cairngorm Mountains and ski resort, and 40 minutes’ drive from the Lecht ski resort. Close by is the RSPB Reserve at Loch Garten, watersports at Loch Morlich and Loch Insh. Shop, pub/hotel and steam railway in village.£51Price per night from
- Boat of Garten, ScotlandEnjoying a peaceful village setting only a few minutes’ walk from a gallery cafe, pub and restaurant, The Heathers has been equipped and furnished with ample storage throughout to ensure a relaxing and comfortable holiday. Boat of Garten, known as the Osprey Village, lies adjacent to the River Spey and is set in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. This is an outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise - amongst the many activities available are skiing in the Cairngorms or the Lecht, mountain biking, walking, fishing, climbing, zip lining and golf - to name but a few. Take a trip on the Strathspey Steam Railway (110 yards from the house) or the Cairngorm Mountain Funicular Railway to enjoy breathtaking scenery whilst getting some clean Scottish air! Close by is the RSPB reserve at Loch Garten and a renowned golf course, with pleasant woodland walks literally 55 yards from the doorstep. Top quality water sports on Loch Morlich and Loch Insh are also nearby. For the less energetic, just relax and unwind in this lovely area.£76Price per night from
- Boat of Garten, ScotlandThis contemporary, semi-detached cottage is nestled in the village of Boat of Garten, Highland. Ground floor living. WiFi. Carrbridge 4.8 miles.£76Price per night from
- Boat of Garten, ScotlandA single-storey, detached cottage resting in Boat Of Garten. Pet-friendly. Off-road parking. Pet-friendly. WiFi. Close to amenities. Aviemore 6 miles; Inverness 28.2 miles.£62Price per night from
- Forss, Scotland
An imposing 19th-century country home, dog-friendly Forss House Hotel in Caithness is in wonderfully remote location. Set amid 20 acres of wonderful woodland.£117Price per night from
- Spean Bridge, Scotland
Black Sheep Hotels Cabins are dog-friendly, self-catered cabins on the shores of Loch Lochy with a Highland-inspired, home from home feel. Just a short drive from Fort William the cabins have stunning views, dog-friendly loch-side restaurant and spa close by.£250Price per night from
- Lairg, Scotland
Offering guests a tranquil retreat of outstanding natural beauty, Inver Lodge Hotel is a stunning choice for your dog-friendly break, with its sweeping views of the dramatic, windswept mountains, moorland and sea.£214Price per night from
- Melvich, ScotlandSelkie Pod has been designed to a very high standard to offer glamping accommodation in a peaceful setting. It makes the most of truly spectacular views overlooking Strathy Bay and out to the Orkney Isles. Some of the best views you’ll find in the whole of Scotland.
The pod has been handcrafted from quality timber; the outside is clad in larch from managed woodland in the Lake District, which gives a natural finish to blend into the environment. Being constructed on a steel base, with cavity walls and rock wool insulation, means with the heating you’ll be nice and cosy when stopping off on a winter break. Good news for when you’re looking for the Northern Lights! Strathy Bay is an outstanding place to spend some time, and the north coast of Scotland is a very special place.
You’ll find big sandy beaches, open seas and views of faraway islands. Being on the NC500 means you can explore lots of other amazing places whilst stopping at Selkie Pod.£127Price per night from
- Aviemore, ScotlandSet on the fringes of Aviemore village, a wonderful location for enjoying the great outdoors in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, these superbly appointed and beautifully furnished properties offer a very high degree of comfort. Sitting in a quiet cul de sac, they are ideal for family gatherings. All of the four properties (refs S4401, S4402, S4615 and S4538) enjoy their own private hot tub (each for 4 people) and S4401, S4402 and S4538 have a digital, infrared sauna with music and colour system, Freeview TVs and hairdryers in all bedrooms. Aviemore is a renowned centre for outdoor pursuits – excellent climbing and hill walking, competition standard mountain bike tracks, water sports on Lochs Morlich and Insch and, of course, skiing and snow boarding in season are just some of the activities on offer. The fishing and golf are similarly excellent, with trout fishing available all year at Rothiemurchus Estate, 2 miles, or hire equipment (at cost, licence required) for salmon fishing at the River Spey (seasonal). Sled dog rides, train trips to the resort at the top of the mountain, and the Strathspey steam railway are also found here and Britain’s only freely roaming reindeer herd can be spotted against the stunning backdrop of Glenmore. Shops, good restaurants, themed bars, live music are all within ½ mile. Other great attractions in the area are The Highland Wildlife Centre with Amur tigers, wolves and polar bear, The Landmark Centre, Tree Zone; an incredible aerial adventure and Aviemore Highland Resort Leisure Centre with its own wavepool, water slides and cinema.£103Price per night from