- Fort Augustus, ScotlandAt the southern tip of Loch Ness and within easy walking distance of all the village amenities, this comfortable and charming detached holiday cottage, a family home for 150 years, was originally a croft on the site of an 18th century English army camp. It stands down a quiet lane and has its own secluded grassed garden with separate flagged terrace, patio and barbecue. Pleasure trips are available on Loch Ness and mountain bike and forest trails are nearby. Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness Monster Museum is at Drumnadrochit on the way to Inverness. Shop and pub 500 yards.£89From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fort Augustus, ScotlandSet in the heart of Fort Augustus and looking out over the locks of the Caledonian Canal, these beautifully presented holiday apartments make the perfect base for enjoying the village amenities and also for exploring this lovely part of the Highlands. You can sit in the comfort of your living room and watch boats travel through the canal. This pretty village is situated at the southern end of Loch Ness and is close to the Great Glen Way. Lots to see and do for all ages – monster spotting on Loch Ness, boat trips, mountain biking, canoeing, hill walking to name but a few. Take a trip to Fort William, the ’Outdoor Capital of the UK’, or Inverness, the vibrant Highland Capital. A trip to the beautiful Isle of Skye with the dramatic scenery of the west coast should not be missed. Or just relax and watch the ever changing views over the village. Restaurant 40 yards, shop and pub 20 yards.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fort Augustus, ScotlandSet in the heart of Fort Augustus and looking out over the locks of the Caledonian Canal, these beautifully presented holiday apartments make the perfect base for enjoying the village amenities and also for exploring this lovely part of the Highlands. You can sit in the comfort of your living room and watch boats travel through the canal. This pretty village is situated at the southern end of Loch Ness and is close to the Great Glen Way. Lots to see and do for all ages – monster spotting on Loch Ness, boat trips, mountain biking, canoeing, hill walking to name but a few. Take a trip to Fort William, the ’Outdoor Capital of the UK’, or Inverness, the vibrant Highland Capital. A trip to the beautiful Isle of Skye with the dramatic scenery of the west coast should not be missed. Or just relax and watch the ever changing views over the village. Restaurant 40 yards, shop and pub 20 yards.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fort Augustus, ScotlandIn the picturesque village of Fort Augustus, next to the Caledonian Canal and a short walk from the head of Loch Ness, this ground floor holiday apartment makes an ideal base from which to tour the Highlands. The area hosts a large number of outdoor activities including mountain biking, hillwalking, golf, fishing, horse riding, kayaking and windsurfing. Walk or cycle from the door along the canal towpath, or sit and watch the boats trying to negotiate the locks. Take a boat trip on Loch Ness to hunt for the Loch Ness Monster, drive through dramatic Highland scenery, visit historic castles and explore remote magical glens. Wildlife is abundant with golden eagles, wild deer and otters often seen. Inverness, the ‘Highland Capital’, Fort William, the ‘Outdoor Capital’ of the UK, and the beautiful Isle of Skye are easily reached. Shop, pub and restaurant 400 yards.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fort Augustus, ScotlandThis beautiful apartment set within The Old Convent had been lovingly restored in 2015 by the owners, who live adjacent, and offers a fantastic level of comfort and attention to detail throughout. The accommodation is situated on the ground floor and comprises of a spacious living room with comfortable furniture and a wood burner for those chilly Scottish evenings, and there is a very modern and well equipped kitchen/dining room. To the rear of the apartment is a shower room and a spacious bedroom with a kingsize bed. Outside the property has private parking and shared garden where guests can wander through the fields and the convent woods to the rear.
The town of Fort Augustus is a real tourist attraction, with boat trips on Loch Ness where you might get a glimpse of Nessie or just browse around the superb selection of local shops or perhaps have a drink outside the pub whilst watching the boats climb the locks to enter the Caledonian Canal. Fort Augustus is also known as the gateway to the Northern Highlands and can offer guest’s easy access to explore this beautiful area from the Isle of Skye to Inverness and beyond. Situated just a few miles south is the Ben Nevis range, which is open all year with superb walking in the warmer seasons and superb skiing from January to April (snow permitting). Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile. Apartment 1 (UK13299) can be booked with Apartment 2 (UK13300), Apartment 3 (UK13301) and Apartment 4 (UK13302) to accommodate up to 10 guests.£127From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fort Augustus, ScotlandEun Mor is a bright and spacious two-bedroom, ground-floor apartment, located in the spectacular Great Glen region of the Scottish Highlands.
As you enter through the front door, you arrive in the open plan living/ kitchen area. The modern kitchen has fully integrated appliances including a half-sized dishwasher, electric cooker and hob, fridge/freezer, and a washing machine. In the living area, there is a Smart TV with access to all the popular on demand apps, an Xbox one (Please supply your own games), and a fold-away dining table which comfortably seats 4. The main bedroom comes complete with a large wardrobe and there is a further twin bedroom; comfortably accommodating four guests in total. The spacious bathroom has a three-piece white suite with full tiling and with a shower over the bath.
The grounds surrounding Eun mor are all very well maintained, and the apartment has a lovely outlook to the front elevation over the River Garry. This property sits on the Great Glen route which passes through Invergarry itself. This is an incredible 79-mile-long distance walking and cycling route spanning between Fort William to Inverness; which avoids the main road. A wonderful way to enjoy the best of the area surrounded by tranquillity and nature. Fort William, the Outdoor Capital of the UK, is a 45-minute drive south and a great area for all outdoor activities and snow sports.
Loch Ness is just 7 miles away from the pretty canal-side village of Fort Augustus and is well worth a visit. Loch Oich, Loch Ness, and Loch Lochy form part of the Caledonian Canal considered by many to be one of the greatest waterways in the world. Nearby, is Monster Activities where white-water rafting, abseiling, clay pigeon shooting, archery, kayaking, and canoeing are available. Invergarry is also ideally placed for visiting the Isle of Skye which is linked to the mainland by a road bridge, however, for those wishing for the more adventurous route, it’s also possible to take a short ferry crossing from Glenelg available between Easter to October. Next door is the Invergarry Hotel and Brasserie, offering a traditional Highland bar and delicious food, all on your doorstep.£85From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fort Augustus, ScotlandThis charming three-bedroom bungalow is a refurbished family croft house, and the perfect base for active families or groups of friends to relax after a busy day out and about.
As you enter through the porch, you arrive firstly into the large kitchen area which comes fully equipped with everything you’d need during your stay. There is a dining table for everyone to enjoy their meals together, and enjoy the beautiful views over the nearby mountains and golf course. Set on the one level, the living room is next door, and offers a nice space to relax after a busy day’s activities and the bedrooms are further down the hallway, next to the family bathroom.
Situated on the most southern tip of Loch Ness, and with the Caledonian Canal running through the village to Loch Ness, Fort Augustus is a wonderful place to relax. Watch the boats go through the locks, with many places to eat and drink and shop. There’s plenty to do locally, exploring the Great Glen Way walking trail and Great Glen Canoe Trail, boat trips on Loch Ness, a Golf Club, you can discover history at the interactive heritage centre and spend some time Loch Ness monster hunting! You won’t be disappointed with this picturesque village destination, whatever you do, the shores of Loch ness are simply stunning whatever time of year you choose to stroll along them; and it’s the perfect location to explore the rest of the Highlands.
Just over an hour’s drive along one of the most beautiful roads in Scotland is the Isle of Skye. There is loads to see on the way, such as Eileen Donan Castle, the coastal village Plockton, and a stop off at Applecross Inn. Fort William, the outdoor capital of the Highlands and the beautiful city of Inverness and, are both just a 45-minute drive away. Perfect for all ages and interests, Westerdale offers groups a home from home to explore this spectacular part of Scotland.£86From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Spean Bridge, Scotland
Black Sheep Hotels Cabins are dog-friendly, self-catered cabins on the shores of Loch Lochy with a Highland-inspired, home from home feel. Just a short drive from Fort William the cabins have stunning views, dog-friendly loch-side restaurant and spa close by.£250Price per night from