With stunning landscapes, majestic mountains and historic wonders, The Scottish Highlands is a truly magnificent place to visit. Whether you're looking for a cosy cottage or luxury hotel, there's a brilliant choice of dog-friendly accommodation and outdoor space for you and your pup to enjoy.
- Kingussie, ScotlandUpon entering The Bakehouse, the open plan living space is bright and airy. It has an inviting wood burner, feature stone hearth and high-standard fixtures and fittings. There is a large bathroom and spacious double bedroom, which also has a comfortable sofa bed for flexible sleeping arrangements.
An Asgard 4-bike cycle-storage unit is in the grounds; this can be booked by either guests staying at Apartment 2 or The Bakehouse. Please contact the owners to check availability and reserve (free). Once the 4-bike secure store is booked by either party, it is then for their exclusive use only.
Newtonmore is situated in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park and is a walking and birdwatching paradise. There are many hiking and cycling trails on the doorstep of The Bakehouse, as well as world-class fishing along nearby River Spey, and skiing in winter. You can also hire kayaks and canoes at Arsaig and explore the deserted islands of the west coast, as it is an easy day trip. There are also world-renowned whisky distilleries along the river.
Nearby is Aviemore and Inverness, both with much to see and do for visitors. However, Newtonmore itself is very well-catered for with pubs, restaurants and shops. Shop and restaurant 500 yards, pub 300 yards.
This property can be booked together with Caman House, Apartment 2 (ref UK5249) to accommodate up to 6 guests.£110Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandIdeally located in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, this 100 year old semi-detached stone cottage makes a stylish holiday base, offering mountain walks from the door and a terraced garden with mountain views. Within a few miles, Cairngorm Funicular Railway, winter ski area, Highland Wildlife Park, the Rothiemurchus Highland Estate and Aviemore offer everything for the outdoor explorer, and spa facilities, tea rooms and shopping. Historic sites, distilleries, golf, castles, scenic walks, skiing, fishing, RSPB reserves, horse riding, cycling and water sports locally. Shop and restaurant 300 yards.£64Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandThis beautifully finished, detached, Highland lodge is situated almost exactly in the central point of Scotland; a monument marking the point is just a short walk down the lane. The Den is perfectly located to explore the Cairngorms National Park, but because it is so central in the Highlands and the country, there are also amazing sights to see within a short drive. Ben Nevis lies to the west, whilst Inverness and the Black Isle are to the east.
The Den is set in a lovely, quiet site with space all around and views of the Cairngorms. It is less than ¾ mile from the A9, and is very conveniently located for a short break to explore this amazing part of Scotland, maybe as part of a larger tour. Arriving at The Den, you will be immediately pleased with its location and how it has been finished. Its spacious, open plan layout has been decorated beautifully, and has an enormous amount of light flooding in. A patio door leads out onto the large decking area, which has an excellent aspect of the mountains. It is the perfect spot to sit in with a glass of wine in the evening. The site has a lot of shared space to explore with children, including a large play area. It is also a great site for dogs because there are many walks to explore right from the doorstep. If you have your own horse, stabling is available by direct arrangement with the owner, who lives on the adjacent farm. The village of Newtonmore is only a few miles away with pubs and restaurants, as well as a supermarket. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.
The Den can be booked together with Cruachan (UK13683) to accommodate up to 10 guests.£75Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandA delightful terrace cottage, hidden away from the main street in Kingussie town. WiFi. Pet-friendly. Aviemore 12 miles.£48Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandThis enchanting apartment rests in the tranquil village of Feshiebridge close to Aviemore, making the perfect base for exploring the Highlands with your loved one. Dog-friendly. Open-plan. Countryside setting, Aviemore 10.1 miles.£93Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandThis is a lovely property set in the Cairngorms National Park in the Highlands, part of a group of six. Suited to large groups. Woodburning stove. Open-plan living. Aviemore 10.1 miles; Inverness 40.7 miles.£92Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandA captivating first-floor chalet resting in the Cairngorms National Park, in Kingussie. Balcony. Gas log burner. WiFi. Aviemore 7.5 miles.£64Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandThis beautifully designed lodge sits within a group of six set in the Cairngorms National Park in the Highlands in Feshiebridge. Woodburning stove. Open-plan living. Balcony. Aviemore 10.1 miles; Inverness 40.7 miles.£92Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandBruiach Cottage is set in a quiet corner of the pretty village of Newtonmore. The accommodation is spacious and comfortably sleeps four guests. A large open plan living space has a dining area and a well equipped kitchen. The secluded back garden is peaceful and, although shared with the owner who lives on-site, your private area is a perfect place to sit in a morning and take in the warm sunshine, or in an evening around the firepit and plan your next day’s adventures.
Newtonmore centre is just a short and easy walk away, where you have excellent pubs, restaurants, shops, Wild Cat trail and the award winning Highland Folk Museum. The main attraction to this area are outdoor pursuits like golf, water sports, wild swimming, cycling, hiking and fishing. Aviemore is just a 15-minute drive, with skiing and numerous outdoor specialist shops. Newtonmore golf club is just 100 yards away, and further afield are the more famous courses, such as Castle Stuart, Royal Dornoch and Gleneagles.
Centrally located in the Highlands, you are not far from most places of interest including, The West and Moray Coasts, Inverness for Loch Ness, Fort William for Harry Potter fans and Speyside distilleries for the Whisky tour, starting off at the nearest, just 15-minutes away at Dalwhinnie. A stay at Bruiach Cottage could not be any more central for everything to make a memorable stay for all age groups. Shop, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£56Price per night from
- Kingussie, ScotlandDunruadh is perfect for families and friends to enjoy a relaxing stay in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park. This traditional style large property has been tastefully renovated, and offers large, spacious cotemporary styled accommodation.
The ground floor is open plan, with comfortable leather sofas in the living area great to sit back and relax, perhaps catch a movie on the large screen TV, there is plenty of natural light from the large patio windows and stylish slate flooring which runs through to the dining area, and a modern fitted kitchen has everything you need to cook up a hearty meal for all to enjoy. The breakfast bar is ideal for the kids to sit and eat from whilst you get ready for the day ahead.
A handy utility room is the place to leave those muddy boots as you come in from outside. Upstairs you have five delightful bedrooms: a kingsize with en-suite bathroom, a double with en-suite shower room, and two twin bedrooms and a single bedroom sharing a large family bathroom. In addition there is a small single room with day bed.
Outside, a large enclosed garden area with gravelled patio seating area and grassed lawn is safe for pets and children alike, try a little al fresco dining with the charcoal barbecue provided. The village of Newtonmore offers great shopping and dining out facilities this cottage will suit a family or group of friends who perhaps want to take full advantage of the diverse choice of outdoor activities available to them in this fabulous area. Whether you choose to ski, walk, cycle, birdwatch or simply tour this magnificent area, there is something for everyone.
The village of Newtonmore has much to offer visitors with an excellent choice of pubs, restaurants and shops, the owner’s family own the café next door, and are happy to provide a traditional Scottish Highland Breakfast prior to arrangement.
For golfers, Newtonmore boasts its very own golf course and club house which has a friendly bar where food is served during the golfing season of April to October, and of course just a short drive away is Aviemore, a place simply bursting with a wide choice of activities including the world renowned Cairngorm Ski Area.
A stay at Dunruadh is ideal for those who want to embrace the wonderful scenery and activities on offer here, and also want to have the facilities of a good village within a short walking distance from your doorstep. Pub within 1 mile, restaurant and shop within 10 yards!£135Price per night from