- Newtonmore, ScotlandThe Baltinnas are a pair of adjoining but completely separate lodge style properties. Baltinna West oozes warmth and character, with a cosy wood burner in the living room, this is a truly tranquil holiday retreat for two. The Monadhliath mountains behind are a stunning backdrop, and there is an enclosed decked front garden where red squirrels are regular visitors. Mature beech and lime trees surround the garden.
Downstairs is open plan, with a well-equipped, modern fitted kitchen and a living/dining area where you can put your feet up whilst relaxing on the Chesterfield settee facing the wood burner. Upstairs there is a deep roll-top bath in the romantic master bedroom to soak those muscles after walking the local Wildcat Trail or bagging a nearby munro or two! Baltinna West has a kingsize bed with individual flexible reading lights and USB sockets. There’s also a shower room with shower, wash hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail upstairs (and a separate toilet downstairs).
In an area made famous by the BBCs Monarch of the Glen and Outlander TV series, these two architect-designed, timber-clad properties (Baltinna West, ref UTY, and Baltinna East, ref SGGW) make the perfect couples’ getaway nestling between the Cairngorm and Monadhliath mountain ranges. Newtonmore is situated in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park and is a walker’s and birdwatcher’s paradise. The location is fabulous; the village shops and great pubs serving very good food within just two minutes walk, plus cafes and a takeaway also within a few minutes walk. Outdoor pursuits found locally include golf courses (one within walking distance) fishing on the River Spey, mountain biking, wild-swimming in rivers and lochs, skiing, tours taking in distilleries, RSPB sites, interactive museums, and the towns of Aviemore and Inverness. Shops ¼ mile.£266Price per night from
- Newtonmore, ScotlandThese two lodge-style, adjoining properties (Baltinna West, ref UTY, and Baltinna East, ref SGGW) make a truly tranquil holiday retreat. They can be booked individually or together for two couples, and are set within an enclosed garden, each with its own private sitting-out area. Oozing character and warmth, each have their own charms, and both benefit from cosy wood-burners in the living room, and oak floors.
The award-winning Scottish architects that designed Baltinna East created a beautiful, spacious and light-filled contemporary space with the use of a partially open, double-height living room to great effect. There is an open-plan modern living/kitchen/dining area. East also benefits from some nice practical touches such as a separate utility/drying room with pulley - really useful for hikers, bikers and kayakers - that and the large porch add to the feeling of roominess in East. The first floor bedroom with kingsize bed looks down on the dining area below, and has wooden beams strung with romantic twinkly lights. There are very large velux windows with electric blinds, and a seat to enjoy a book from the huge library of Scottish and local reference books that we have carefully selected for you. Nook area with desk and reading light; making it a popular property for those combining travel with "working from home". Upstairs there is also a wash hand basin with plenty of space for toiletries. Outside there’s a small sitting out area and front and back gardens to make the most of the light and sun all day long - perfect for our long Highland summer evenings.
Nestling between the Cairngorm and Monadhliath mountain ranges, Newtonmore is situated in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, a walker’s and birdwatcher’s paradise. Outdoor pursuits found locally include 7 golf courses (one within walking distance) fishing on the River Spey, wild-swimming in the local rivers and lochs, mountain biking, skiing, tours taking in distilleries, RSPB sites, interactive museums, and the towns of Aviemore and Inverness. Shops ¼ mile. Pubs serving very good food within a few minutes’ walk, plus cafes and a takeaway also in the village.£154Price per night from
- Newtonmore, ScotlandBuilt on the foundations of the original village dairy, the Byre now welcomes guests who are looking for somewhere special to stay. In the heart of Newtonmore so that you can stroll to the village pubs and with everything just on the doorstep. Enjoying spectacular views over the golf course and Cairngorm Mountains this eco-friendly, detached holiday cottage is finished with a mix of traditional materials, such as the oak floors and hand built stone wall, and contemporary furnishings, like the big comfy leather sofas.
The large open plan ground floor is a multi-functional space of living room with wood burner and large kitchen/dining area with hand-crafted solid wood furniture. The kitchen has everything you need to cook up a holiday feast. Dine, chat, watch TV, listen to music, or just look out of the panoramic patio doors onto the stunning hills, the choice is yours. Above all it’s a relaxing space perfect to unwind in. Upstairs there’s the spacious master bedroom with romantic kingsize brass bed, JBL portable Bluetooth speakers, chesterfield sofa to relax on and its own en-suite bathroom. This has a luxury roll-top bath plus there’s a separate shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail. The twin bedroom has a TV/DVD player in case guests want to watch different programs, a supply of books, and again plenty of space. The twin room also has its own en-suite shower room with large shower cubicle, toilet and heated towel rail.
A large secluded south facing decked terrace with outdoor dining table and chairs is accessed by the patio doors off the living area, and it overlooks the aspen and scots pine tree lined back garden. This is the perfect spot for lunch or to unwind with a glass of wine watching the light changing on the Cairngorms. Keep an eye out for the red squirrels who like to balance on the top of the glass balcony if you’re quiet! There’s plenty of parking and a small enclosed, pet-friendly lawned front garden (the rear garden below the back deck is semi-wild/cottage-style, bee-friendly and accessed by a rough path).
This stunning property is 4 star Visit Scotland quality assurance rated. Electric central heating throughout and logs provided for the stove. 1 well-behaved dog welcome with fabulous dog-walking straight from the door including the 10km orbital Wildcat Trail. Newtonmore has a well-stocked Co-op supermarket (open daily 7am ‘til 10pm). There is also a post office, pharmacy, barbers, Tweed shop, gift shop, two or three pubs or hotel bars that serve good food, some lovely cafes, an all-day Grill, a petrol station (with convenience store) a takeaway and a restaurant. There are three cashpoints (village hall, co-op and petrol station).£194Price per night from
- Newtonmore, ScotlandWith wonderful views across the golf course, this traditional, detached granite house is located in the Highland village of Newtonmore. Set in the heart of the Cairngorms National Park with breathtaking scenery, majestic mountains and abundant wildlife, it is only 14 miles from Aviemore where plenty of good shops and eateries can be found. Places of interest include the Cairngorm Funicular Railway, the Highland Wildlife Park, the Highland Folk Museum, watching the ospreys at Boat of Garten, or following the famous Whisky Trail. Skiing, mountain climbing, horse riding, cycling, golf, shooting and fishing are all available locally. Inverness, Loch Ness, Culloden, Cawdor Castle and Fort William make great days out and offer something for all the family. Enjoy the areas wildlife by visiting the Loch Garten Nature Reserve. Shop, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£94Price per night from
- Newtonmore, ScotlandSmart spacious cottage on a pretty hillside location, overlooking mountains and fields of the Cairngorms National Park. Pet-friendly. Woodburning Stove. Newtonmore 1 mile.£76Price per night from
- Newtonmore, ScotlandA spacious log cabin with hot tub, surrounded by hills and mountains, four miles from Newtownmore. Fabulous Cairngorm National Park location, stunning scenery and wildlife. Kingussie 3 miles.£77Price per night from
- Newtonmore, Scotland
Impressive Victorian-styled villa in elevated location in stunning Cairngorms National Park. En-suites. Open fire. Very well equipped. Convenient yet secluded location with views. Kingussie 3 miles.£174Price per night from
- Forss, Scotland
An imposing 19th-century country home, dog-friendly Forss House Hotel in Caithness is in wonderfully remote location. Set amid 20 acres of wonderful woodland.£117Price per night from
- Spean Bridge, Scotland
Black Sheep Hotels Cabins are dog-friendly, self-catered cabins on the shores of Loch Lochy with a Highland-inspired, home from home feel. Just a short drive from Fort William the cabins have stunning views, dog-friendly loch-side restaurant and spa close by.£250Price per night from
- Lairg, Scotland
Offering guests a tranquil retreat of outstanding natural beauty, Inver Lodge Hotel is a stunning choice for your dog-friendly break, with its sweeping views of the dramatic, windswept mountains, moorland and sea.£214Price per night from