Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet friendly pubs. Find a real hidden gem on our expert listings above
- Ulverston, England
The Swan at Newby Bridge is close to Lake Windermere in a lovely rural setting, this riverside inn makes the perfect dog-friendly hotel. A wonderful friendly atmosphere, oodles of charm with pool, playground, and spa.£188Price per night from
- Penrith, England
Blending traditional country charm with modern luxuries, the dog-friendly Jenny’s Croft is perfect for families seeking rest and relaxation in Cumbria.£260Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Penrith, England
Nestled between the Pennines and the stunning Lake District, the dog-friendly Vale Croft is a romantic sandstone cottage in Cumbria providing the perfect base to begin a relaxing rural retreat with your hound.£240Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Ambleside, EnglandThe Garden Flat is a superb ground floor apartment at Badgers Rake with views over the fell. It is warm and comfortable with leather sofa and chair, dining table and chairs, a well-equipped kitchen and patio doors leading to spacious communal garden. With its enviable position above the village of Ambleside with magnificent views over Loughrigg and the surrounding fells, it is still just a short walk to the centre of Ambleside and all the local shops, bars and restaurants. From the front door, you can access Wansfell, amazing views and great walks.
This property can be booked together with Squirrels Nest 12 (123132).£78Price per night from
- Millom, EnglandThese four detached holiday properties are located at High Lowscales Farm, a traditional Cumbrian hill farm situated in the south-western Lakes, between the beautiful countryside of the Whicham and Duddon Valleys. High Lowscales Farm is a renovated traditional Cumbrian farmhouse and features its own spa hot tub, complete with massage jets and feature lighting; The Byre is a romantic two-storey barn conversion with feature four poster bed, and guests can enjoy their own spa hot tub; The Stables is a cosy two-storey detached stables conversion with a romantic four-poster bed and a hot tub on the decked area; and The Cottage is a spacious two-storey, two-bedroom detached barn conversion and guests can enjoy their own hot tub on the private decked area. The farm is set in 17 acres and has spectacular views down to the Irish Sea and the Duddon Estuary. Public footpaths cross the farmland, and next door lies Millom Park, perfect for woodland walks. The driveway is also a bridleway, ideal for mountain biking in the Whicham Valley and up the 600-metre high Black Combe. The beaches at Haverigg and Silecroft, and the Hodbarrow RSPB reserve are a 10-minute drive, whilst the market town of Broughton-in-Furness is 15 minutes away. Within a half hour drive you will also find Coniston Water, the Barrow-in-Furness Peninsula (pretty drives, Furness Abbey, The Dock Museum, Walney Island Nature Reserve, Piel Island, Furness Owls, Gleaston Watermill and the Cumbrian Coastal Way), Muncaster Castle and “La’al Ratty” miniature steam railway at Ravenglass which all make for wonderful days out. The Aquarium of the Lakes and steam boat cruises on Windermere are a 40-minute drive away. In order to make guests’ stay as relaxing as possible, drop-off suppers and massage and beauty treatments (at the cottages) can be pre-ordered (separate charges apply). Beach 2½ miles. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 4½ miles. The properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 19 guests.£86Price per night from
- Matterdale End, EnglandThe Old Barn is 1 of 3 barn conversions at the end of a half mile long private drive at Greenah Cragg, Troutbeck which is just a short drive from Penrith. This barn conversion is of the upper level of a Lakeland barn, on a smallholding. It is set in a peaceful position, surrounded by fields, hills and fells of the Lake District National Park.
This is excellent walking country with many walks direct from the doorstep and with the mountains of the Northern Lakes very close by. An excellent base for families to tour the northern lakes, with Keswick just 10 miles away. This is a lovely holiday location for cycling, riding or touring this beautiful area with its spectacular scenery. Golf and fishing can be reached within 5 miles.
(UK39799) Old Corner Barn can be booked with (UK39800) Crag Barn and (UK39801) The Stables to accommodate up to 12 guests.£89Price per night from
- Keswick, EnglandSituated on the fringe of the town with views to Skiddaw. This luxurious apartment, which is in a block known as Elm Court, offers the best of both worlds, in that it has all the amenities of the town centre close at hand and yet an almost country location with views of the nearby Lakeland Fells and walking opportunities from the door. This ground floor apartment has level access with no steps which senior citizens or those with walking difficulties may find useful. It also offers flat walking into the town centre itself. Shops, pubs and restaurants 400 yards.£97Price per night from
- Thornthwaite, EnglandThis beautiful first floor apartment at Swan House has spectacular views across the valley to the Skiddaw Fells. A former 17th century coaching inn, Swan House was converted in 2006 into exclusive apartments and cottages. Set in delightful grounds, close to Bassenthwaite Lake and the village of Thornthwaite, the apartment is tastefully furnished with a contemporary touch. The living area has superb views to the front as well as a small balcony to the side with fell views. There is a pond in the garden (young children will require supervision) which provides a natural habitat for newts and frogs, there is also an abundance of birdlife, deer and red squirrels. If you are lucky you may catch sight of the ospreys which nest within 500 yards of Swan House and regularly fly over the grounds.
Lords Seat and Whinlatter Forest rise up directly from Swan House, with a variety of walks and mountain biking possibilities.£82Price per night from
- Keswick, EnglandThose who are in love with the ’great outdoors’ will find the location of Burnside Park the perfect place to stay. This luxury pine log cabin is equipped for every modern day convenience and comfort. Situated in landscaped grounds at the foot of Latrigg and Skiddaw, with panoramic views of the Lakeland Fells. The site is within walking distance of Keswick town centre, making the lodge an ideal base to enjoy the amenities of Keswick without the hustle and bustle of the town itself. Bewick Lodge has views to Latrigg and Skiddaw.£169Price per night from
- Cumbria, EnglandFeaturing beams taken from shipwrecks on the Cumbrian Coast, this small group of holiday cottages at Birkerthwaite, a former 17th century Lakeland farmstead, lie at the end of an unmade track and are surrounded by tranquil moorland scenery and farmland. This is fantastic walking countryside and the elevated position gives views of Scafell and the Eskdale Valley, creating a unique atmosphere of tranquillity. Birkerthwaite Farmhouse (W43001) is a unique holiday property dating back to 1627 and has many original features, beamed ceilings, flagged floors and unusual oak wall cupboards built in the 1700’s. Comfortably furnished and with the benefit of an open fire and an Aga, the farmhouse is cosy and welcoming. Birkerthwaite Stable (W41477) is a single-storey converted stable with rustic charm heated by a log-burning stove. Birkerthwaite Barn (W41478) has a spacious kitchen/dining room, a galleried landing and a four poster bed. Birkerthwaite Cottage (W41479) has an upstairs open plan living area with wooden floors which opens onto a balcony overlooking gardens. Nearby attractions include Muncaster Castle and Hardknott Roman Fort, whilst the Langdale Pikes and Ambleside on the northern shores of Lake Windermere can be reached via a stunning drive over the Hard Knott and Wrynose Passes. A short drive away is Wast Water; to the west are sandy beaches. Alternatively take the steam train from Ravenglass. Shop 3 miles, pub 2½ miles.£104Price per night from