Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
The Lake District is one of the most beautiful destinations in the UK. It's just an added bonus that it's one of the top dog-friendly holiday spots too. From sweeping views of Lake Windermere, rural forests and fells to cosy village boltholes, there are so many options for blissful getaways with your canine companion by your side. Explore our idyllic selection of pet-friendly hotels and dog-friendly cottages to find the perfect holiday for you and your four-legged friend.
- Broughton-in-Furness, EnglandA beautiful adjoining barn conversion, Crimson Cottage exudes a romantic feel, with lovely furnishings, a large open-spaced living room with high beams and multi-fuel burner, a beautifully fitted kitchen, a pretty mezzanine double bedroom as well as a Jacuzzi bathroom, making this a perfect hideaway for couples.
The holiday property lies within the grounds of Wreaks End Farm, just 1 mile from the market town of Broughton-in-Furness, with its cobbled square, shops, pubs, café and restaurants. You are right on the doorstep of the Duddon Valley, which is a ‘jewel in the crown’ of Cumbria, situated between Coniston and Eskdale: remote, unspoilt and perhaps the most idyllic corner of the Lake District. The Duddon Valley will delight walkers, mountain bikers, climbers, nature lovers and those who enjoy the peace and beauty of the countryside. The tiny villages of Ulpha and Seathwaite are two focal points of the valley. At Ulpha there is a post office/village shop, while Seathwaite, situated near the end of the ancient Walna Scar road, boasts a 16th-century inn, where good home-cooked food, real ales and a warm welcome await, all day all year.
The property is the perfect base from which to explore this part of the Western Lakes, while Windermere, Bowness and many other attractions in the Lake District National Park are all within easy driving distance. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
This property can be booked with The Gallery (Ref 23376) and Stonecroft Cottage (Ref UK10075) to accommodate up to 9 guests.£84From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bassenthwaite, EnglandProminently looking over the village green, and within touching distance of the Skiddaw massif, this link detached property is in the perfect location to explore the north western fells of the Lake District. Located in the heart of the village, with the village farm adjacent, the property offers access onto miles of quiet footpaths and local fells including little-known routes up Skiddaw and the back of the Blencathra massif. The beautiful beck, with its resident ducks, flows through the village and provides a great place for kids and dogs to cool off on warm days. The property is also only a few miles away from the historic market towns of Keswick and Cockermouth, which can both be easily accessed by bus, and offer a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Lealholme provides spacious and comfortable, single-storey accommodation, and has the added benefit of level access and wide doors. Tastefully decorated throughout, and with an enclosed garden, with double wrought iron gates, which provides parking and makes the perfect sun trap to sit and relax, perhaps whilst enjoying a purchase from the Lakes Distillery just down the road! The well-equipped, contemporary kitchen has slate tiled floors, Denby crockery, quality cutlery and utensils and an alcove, complete with a large electric range cooker. This fully central heated home from home, offers a large comfortable living/dining room with original pitch pine panelling, stone mullioned and sash windows offers a cosy and welcoming environment, complete with a wood burner. Lealholme also boasts a large walk-in shower with a Softstone base and a double shower head.
The village is situated in the north of the Lake District National Park, and is also just a short drive to Carlisle and the Scottish borders - it couldn’t be easier to explore the area. Bassenthwaite is a real community village which hosts an annual duck race, frequent pub quizzes and a vibrant, active local church arranging village fates, sports days and even Morris dancing. This beautiful cottage is just over a mile away from Bassenthwaite Lake, where fishing and sailing are available, or for nature lovers a walk up to the osprey viewpoints is well worth the effort. The property is ideally located for cyclists, with rides including the C2C and Cumbria Way routes, along with off-road trails at nearby Whinlatter Forest. However you choose to spend your stay, this is a perfect location to make the most of the Lake District. There is a dog-friendly, village pub serving food, just a short walk away, whilst Armathwaite Hall hotel and spa, Ravenstone lodge and Castle Inn all provide alternatives within 2 miles. Beach 18 miles. Shop ½ mile (seasonal) or 7 miles (open all year), pub 200 yards, restaurant 1¾ miles.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Grange-Over-Sands, EnglandA delightful former mill worker's cottage in Cark in Cartmel. Riverside setting, two bedrooms, woodburning stove. Within walking distance to shops and pubs. Cartmel 2 miles. Bowness on Windermere 12 miles.£49From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cumbria, EnglandFeaturing beams taken from shipwrecks on the Cumbrian Coast, this small group of holiday cottages at Birkerthwaite, a former 17th century Lakeland farmstead, lie at the end of an unmade track and are surrounded by tranquil moorland scenery and farmland. This is fantastic walking countryside and the elevated position gives views of Scafell and the Eskdale Valley, creating a unique atmosphere of tranquillity. Birkerthwaite Farmhouse (W43001) is a unique holiday property dating back to 1627 and has many original features, beamed ceilings, flagged floors and unusual oak wall cupboards built in the 1700’s. Comfortably furnished and with the benefit of an open fire and an Aga, the farmhouse is cosy and welcoming.
Nearby attractions include Muncaster Castle and Hardknott Roman Fort, whilst the Langdale Pikes and Ambleside on the northern shores of Lake Windermere can be reached via a stunning drive over the Hard Knott and Wrynose Passes. A short drive away is Wast Water; to the west are sandy beaches. Alternatively take the steam train from Ravenglass. Shop 3 miles, pub 2½ miles.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lowick, EnglandWoodside Cottage has a fabulous open plan living/dining area with a magnificent wood burner taking centre stage of the room. The outdoor terrace enjoys the sun for most of the day and the side door opens straight into the well-equipped spacious kitchen. Upstairs, offers three wonderfully decorated bedrooms and two family bathrooms over two floors. Backbarrow is set in the South Lakes Peninsula and is a perfect gateway to explore many popular attractions, the closest being the Haverthwaite Steam Railway. Take a leisurely train ride into Bowness-on-Windermere and witness the stunning landscape as you go. Guests at Woodside Cottage can also enjoy free membership to the health spa and fitness club in the village during their stay, a 2 minute walk away.
Just a 5-minute drive down the road and you are in Newby Bridge, popular for its fantastic riverside pubs and home to the Lakes Aquarium and Windermere Lake Cruises. Take a wonderful cruse across the largest lake in the UK over to the popular town of Ambleside. If walking is more of what you are looking for then you are spoilt for choice, with 214 Wainwright fells within easy reach you have plenty of options to choose from. There are also an abundance of cycling routes close by or if you want to go further afield, there are many other popular Lake District towns to explore such as Grasmere and Ulverston. Why not head over to Grange-over-Sands or Cartmel, famous for its sticky toffee pudding, Michelin star restaurant and horse racing. This really is the perfect holiday home to enjoy an active and fun family holiday. Beach 8 miles.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ambleside, EnglandSet in 18 acres of beautiful natural grounds and woodland, this charming wooden holiday lodge has its own private outdoor space along with shared use of an indoor heated plunge pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and table tennis table. Extended and refurbished in 2021, there is a double bedroom, a twin bedroom, a new kitchen, and a large veranda with seating and an external heater.
Right on the doorstep of the magnificent Langdales, 2½ miles from Ambleside and 8 miles from Coniston. It is a perfect base for touring and exploring the footpaths in the area with numerous woodland and hill walks straight from the door. Great for wildlife lovers, with deer and other animals freely wandering through this small, select woodland retreat. The Lake District Visitor Centre near Windermere is worth a visit (activities include high ropes, horse riding etc), as is the nearby water sports centre on Windermere. Pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandWhite Moss is one of our 5 historic buildings designed by Augustus (AWN) Pugin to let on The Terrace in Windermere. The house sleeps up to 12 in 5 bedrooms and is a slightly different offering from our other houses on The Terrace. Downstairs there’s a sumptuous lounge with seating for 15 people, the room has a wood burning stove and large flat screen TV. The dining room is quite regal, with large table seating 11. The room also has a wood burning stove. The kitchen is hand made solid pine, with 2 oven Aga and all the usual appliances. Opposite the kitchen is a utility room with washing machine and dryer, plus extra fridge and freezer space. It’s a great space for muddy boots and wet dogs. Finally there’s a down stairs toilet. In the cellar there’s a fantastic cinema room with 12 fold down cinema seats and a 75" Smart TV. On the first floor there are 4 bedrooms. Bedroom 1 is a king size 4 poster. Bedroom 2 is a cosy single. Bedroom 3 is a king size. Bedroom 4 is a twin with an extra day-bed. There is a shower room with toilet and sink and a bathroom with shower over bath and toilet. Located on the second floor bedroom 5 is has 4 single beds also on this floor is a statement bathroom with free standing bath, toilet and sink. White Moss is a great house for up to 11 people close to the heart of Windermere. It can be combined with any of our other houses on The Terrace (which each sleep 14). You can view videos of this property and others on the street here www.youtube.com/user/TheTerraceWindermere. This property can be booked together with any of the neighbouring properties or RENT THE WHOLE STREET Boston House (CC127199) and Bannerrigg (CC127195) Alice Howe (CC127187) and Number One (CC127243) to accommodate up to 66 people in 30 bedrooms!£336From price per night based on 7 night stay