Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet friendly pubs. Find a real hidden gem on our expert listings above
- Penrith, England
Set within the vibrant grounds of the stately Blencowe Hall, the award-winning Riverain Coach House is a dog-friendly haven in Cumbria - perfect for a relaxing getaway by the Lake District.£380From price per night based on 7 night stayPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Penrith, England
Part of the stunning Rowley Estates, this dreamy, dog-friendly cottage offers dapper doggies gorgeous grounds to explore, and guarantees guests a luxurious rural retreat.£550From price per night based on 7 night stayPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Broughton-in-Furness, EnglandA beautiful adjoining barn conversion, Crimson Cottage exudes a romantic feel, with lovely furnishings, a large open-spaced living room with high beams and multi-fuel burner, a beautifully fitted kitchen, a pretty mezzanine double bedroom as well as a Jacuzzi bathroom, making this a perfect hideaway for couples.
The holiday property lies within the grounds of Wreaks End Farm, just 1 mile from the market town of Broughton-in-Furness, with its cobbled square, shops, pubs, café and restaurants. You are right on the doorstep of the Duddon Valley, which is a ‘jewel in the crown’ of Cumbria, situated between Coniston and Eskdale: remote, unspoilt and perhaps the most idyllic corner of the Lake District. The Duddon Valley will delight walkers, mountain bikers, climbers, nature lovers and those who enjoy the peace and beauty of the countryside. The tiny villages of Ulpha and Seathwaite are two focal points of the valley. At Ulpha there is a post office/village shop, while Seathwaite, situated near the end of the ancient Walna Scar road, boasts a 16th-century inn, where good home-cooked food, real ales and a warm welcome await, all day all year.
The property is the perfect base from which to explore this part of the Western Lakes, while Windermere, Bowness and many other attractions in the Lake District National Park are all within easy driving distance. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
This property can be booked with The Gallery (Ref 23376) and Stonecroft Cottage (Ref UK10075) to accommodate up to 9 guests.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Broughton-in-Furness, EnglandThis charming cottage is situated in glorious countryside, 1 mile from the town of Broughton-in-Furness. Oak beams in the living area and a galleried bedroom complement this continental-style retreat. A wonderful courtyard provides opportunity to relax and unwind while you plan the next day’s activity. Ideally positioned to explore the Lakes and fells of south western Lakeland this is sure to be a paradise for those that love the great outdoors.
Ambleside, Kendal and Bowness-on-Windermere are all within an hour’s drive. Immerse yourself in stunning scenery, glorious lakes and wonderful walks. From sampling Kendal mint cake to a variety of water sports on the lake, there is sure to be something to keep everyone entertained. Children will enjoy a day out at The South Lakes Safari Zoo at Dalton, just a short drive away. Meet the Amur and Sumatran Tigers or feed the penguins, the choice is yours. Set in lovely countryside, 1 mile from the market town of Broughton-in-Furness, it is a superb base to explore the lakes and fells of south western Lakeland. Shop, restaurant, pub 1 mile.
This property can be booked with Crimson Cottage (Ref 30152) and Stonecroft Cottage (Ref UK10075) to accommodate up to 9 guests.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Glenridding, EnglandThis beautiful detached cottage in the heart of Glenridding overlooks a small river. There is a large, light, lounge with a wood burning stove. Boasting three bathrooms this cottage, ideal for couples, is just yards from Ullswater, with its renowned water sports and its surrounding craggy mountains giving beautiful lakeland views. There is excellent walking up the lane with Helvellyn and Striding Edge towering above the cottage. You can catch the Ullswater cruise boat to Pooley Bridge or enjoy the many outdoor activities in the area including climbing, cycling and horse riding. Shop 100 yards, pub 0.25 miles and restaurant 120 yards.£156From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cumbria, EnglandFeaturing beams taken from shipwrecks on the Cumbrian Coast, this small group of holiday cottages at Birkerthwaite, a former 17th century Lakeland farmstead, lie at the end of an unmade track and are surrounded by tranquil moorland scenery and farmland. This is fantastic walking countryside and the elevated position gives views of Scafell and the Eskdale Valley, creating a unique atmosphere of tranquillity. Birkerthwaite Farmhouse (W43001) is a unique holiday property dating back to 1627 and has many original features, beamed ceilings, flagged floors and unusual oak wall cupboards built in the 1700’s. Comfortably furnished and with the benefit of an open fire and an Aga, the farmhouse is cosy and welcoming. Birkerthwaite Stable (W41477) is a single-storey converted stable with rustic charm heated by a log-burning stove. Birkerthwaite Barn (W41478) has a spacious kitchen/dining room, a galleried landing and a four poster bed. Birkerthwaite Cottage (W41479) has an upstairs open plan living area with wooden floors which opens onto a balcony overlooking gardens. Nearby attractions include Muncaster Castle and Hardknott Roman Fort, whilst the Langdale Pikes and Ambleside on the northern shores of Lake Windermere can be reached via a stunning drive over the Hard Knott and Wrynose Passes. A short drive away is Wast Water; to the west are sandy beaches. Alternatively take the steam train from Ravenglass. Shop 3 miles, pub 2½ miles.£75From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ambleside, EnglandSet in 18 acres of beautiful natural grounds and woodland, this charming wooden holiday lodge has its own private outdoor space along with shared use of an indoor heated plunge pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and table tennis table. Extended and refurbished in 2021, there is a double bedroom, a twin bedroom, a new kitchen, and a large veranda with seating and an external heater.
Right on the doorstep of the magnificent Langdales, 2½ miles from Ambleside and 8 miles from Coniston. It is a perfect base for touring and exploring the footpaths in the area with numerous woodland and hill walks straight from the door. Great for wildlife lovers, with deer and other animals freely wandering through this small, select woodland retreat. The Lake District Visitor Centre near Windermere is worth a visit (activities include high ropes, horse riding etc), as is the nearby water sports centre on Windermere. Pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£92From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandRefurbished in 2019, this terraced house has modern comforts and style to suit families and groups of friends looking for the ideal base to explore the Lakes. With lots of walking routes direct from the property and Windermere nearby, you don’t have to travel far to benefit from the delights that this beautiful part of the Lake District has to offer.
Set out over three floors, you will find the family dining room, the living room with a cosy wood burner and the kitchen with a separate utility room all on the ground floor. There is also some amazing outdoor seating to the rear of the property allowing you to enjoy those sunny Cumbrian evenings. There are two double bedrooms with kingsize beds sharing a Jack and Jill en-suite on the first floor, as well as another double bedroom on the second floor, also with a kingsize bed and en-suite bathroom, with beautiful views over the local scenery.
There are many cycling routes in the surrounding area, as well as a wealth of pubs, restaurants and cafés in both Windermere and the neighbouring villages. Just a short drive away and you can visit the World of Beatrix Potter Attraction, or take a lake cruise on Windermere itself. Beach 19½ miles. Shop 100 yards, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lowick, EnglandWoodside Cottage has a fabulous open plan living/dining area with a magnificent wood burner taking centre stage of the room. The outdoor terrace enjoys the sun for most of the day and the side door opens straight into the well-equipped spacious kitchen. Upstairs, offers three wonderfully decorated bedrooms and two family bathrooms over two floors. Backbarrow is set in the South Lakes Peninsula and is a perfect gateway to explore many popular attractions, the closest being the Haverthwaite Steam Railway. Take a leisurely train ride into Bowness-on-Windermere and witness the stunning landscape as you go. Guests at Woodside Cottage can also enjoy free membership to the health spa and fitness club in the village during their stay, a 2 minute walk away.
Just a 5-minute drive down the road and you are in Newby Bridge, popular for its fantastic riverside pubs and home to the Lakes Aquarium and Windermere Lake Cruises. Take a wonderful cruse across the largest lake in the UK over to the popular town of Ambleside. If walking is more of what you are looking for then you are spoilt for choice, with 214 Wainwright fells within easy reach you have plenty of options to choose from. There are also an abundance of cycling routes close by or if you want to go further afield, there are many other popular Lake District towns to explore such as Grasmere and Ulverston. Why not head over to Grange-over-Sands or Cartmel, famous for its sticky toffee pudding, Michelin star restaurant and horse racing. This really is the perfect holiday home to enjoy an active and fun family holiday. Beach 8 miles.£110From price per night based on 7 night stay