Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet friendly pubs. Find a real hidden gem on our expert listings above
- Barrow-in-Furness, England
Situated in the South of the Lake District and moments from the dog-friendly sand dunes of Roanhead - a fabulous National Trust beach perfect for doggie frolics£102Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Windermere, England
With heart-stopping views across the Lake District and Cumbria, sublime award-winning food and an indulgent health spa, dog-friendly Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel in the Lake District is a multi-award winning country retreat that offers a luxurious home from home.£285Price per night from
- Broughton-in-Furness, EnglandA beautiful adjoining barn conversion, Crimson Cottage exudes a romantic feel, with lovely furnishings, a large open-spaced living room with high beams and multi-fuel burner, a beautifully fitted kitchen, a pretty mezzanine double bedroom as well as a Jacuzzi bathroom, making this a perfect hideaway for couples.
The holiday property lies within the grounds of Wreaks End Farm, just 1 mile from the market town of Broughton-in-Furness, with its cobbled square, shops, pubs, café and restaurants. You are right on the doorstep of the Duddon Valley, which is a ‘jewel in the crown’ of Cumbria, situated between Coniston and Eskdale: remote, unspoilt and perhaps the most idyllic corner of the Lake District. The Duddon Valley will delight walkers, mountain bikers, climbers, nature lovers and those who enjoy the peace and beauty of the countryside. The tiny villages of Ulpha and Seathwaite are two focal points of the valley. At Ulpha there is a post office/village shop, while Seathwaite, situated near the end of the ancient Walna Scar road, boasts a 16th-century inn, where good home-cooked food, real ales and a warm welcome await, all day all year.
The property is the perfect base from which to explore this part of the Western Lakes, while Windermere, Bowness and many other attractions in the Lake District National Park are all within easy driving distance. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
This property can be booked with The Gallery (Ref 23376) and Stonecroft Cottage (Ref UK10075) to accommodate up to 9 guests.£91Price per night from
- Lowick, EnglandWoodside Cottage has a fabulous open plan living/dining area with a magnificent wood burner taking centre stage of the room. The outdoor terrace enjoys the sun for most of the day and the side door opens straight into the well-equipped spacious kitchen. Upstairs, offers three wonderfully decorated bedrooms and two family bathrooms over two floors. Backbarrow is set in the South Lakes Peninsula and is a perfect gateway to explore many popular attractions, the closest being the Haverthwaite Steam Railway. Take a leisurely train ride into Bowness-on-Windermere and witness the stunning landscape as you go. Guests at Woodside Cottage can also enjoy free membership to the health spa and fitness club in the village during their stay, a 2 minute walk away.
Just a 5-minute drive down the road and you are in Newby Bridge, popular for its fantastic riverside pubs and home to the Lakes Aquarium and Windermere Lake Cruises. Take a wonderful cruse across the largest lake in the UK over to the popular town of Ambleside. If walking is more of what you are looking for then you are spoilt for choice, with 214 Wainwright fells within easy reach you have plenty of options to choose from. There are also an abundance of cycling routes close by or if you want to go further afield, there are many other popular Lake District towns to explore such as Grasmere and Ulverston. Why not head over to Grange-over-Sands or Cartmel, famous for its sticky toffee pudding, Michelin star restaurant and horse racing. This really is the perfect holiday home to enjoy an active and fun family holiday. Beach 8 miles.£118Price per night from
- Millom, EnglandThese four detached holiday properties are located at High Lowscales Farm, a traditional Cumbrian hill farm situated in the south-western Lakes, between the beautiful countryside of the Whicham and Duddon Valleys. High Lowscales Farm is a renovated traditional Cumbrian farmhouse and features its own spa hot tub, complete with massage jets and feature lighting; The Byre is a romantic two-storey barn conversion with feature four poster bed, and guests can enjoy their own spa hot tub; The Stables is a cosy two-storey detached stables conversion with a romantic four-poster bed and a hot tub on the decked area; and The Cottage is a spacious two-storey, two-bedroom detached barn conversion and guests can enjoy their own hot tub on the private decked area. The farm is set in 17 acres and has spectacular views down to the Irish Sea and the Duddon Estuary. Public footpaths cross the farmland, and next door lies Millom Park, perfect for woodland walks. The driveway is also a bridleway, ideal for mountain biking in the Whicham Valley and up the 600-metre high Black Combe. The beaches at Haverigg and Silecroft, and the Hodbarrow RSPB reserve are a 10-minute drive, whilst the market town of Broughton-in-Furness is 15 minutes away. Within a half hour drive you will also find Coniston Water, the Barrow-in-Furness Peninsula (pretty drives, Furness Abbey, The Dock Museum, Walney Island Nature Reserve, Piel Island, Furness Owls, Gleaston Watermill and the Cumbrian Coastal Way), Muncaster Castle and “La’al Ratty” miniature steam railway at Ravenglass which all make for wonderful days out. The Aquarium of the Lakes and steam boat cruises on Windermere are a 40-minute drive away. In order to make guests’ stay as relaxing as possible, drop-off suppers and massage and beauty treatments (at the cottages) can be pre-ordered (separate charges apply). Beach 2½ miles. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 4½ miles. The properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 19 guests.£86Price per night from
- Grange-over-Sands, EnglandThis quaint barn conversion is located just off the main street in the popular Cumbrian town of Flookburgh. This beautiful property is the perfect choice for couples looking for a good value stay in a great location. It offers modern, open-plan living and is ideal if you’re looking for a quiet retreat in which to relax, unwind and explore the sights and sounds of the South Cumbrian Coast.
Flookburgh offers the best of both worlds, with easy access to Humphrey Head, a popular tourist spot for beach lovers (2 miles), and right on the border of the Lake District National Park. There are walks, cycling routes, local pubs, great shopping and stunning scenery. Sleeping two, Hillrise Barn has a kingisze bedroom on the first floor with an exceptional Simba mattress for a great night’s sleep. The bedroom offers plenty of storage and a Smart TV. Downstairs, the bright, open-plan living space provides easy seating, a large Smart TV and a comfortable environment in which to relax after a day of exploring. The kitchen is well-equipped and offers everything you need to prepare a hearty breakfast before a day of adventure. There’s a small outside space complete with seating to soak up the afternoon sun with a nice glass of wine or to enjoy a morning coffee.
Flookburgh has its own train station and good connections to the mainline. It’s a short drive from both Grange-over-Sands and Cartmel, and is only about 7 miles from the southern tip of Lake Windermere, providing easy access to the higher fells. There are a couple of excellent pubs in the village offering a range of local ales, great pub food and a welcoming atmosphere.
Grange-over-Sands and the surrounding districts are a delightful area of the south Lakes, offering an interesting selection of historic seaside resorts and quaint rural villages. Grange-over-Sands is an elegant town, with a long, sweeping promenade fronting the bay, lined with antique and collectors’ shops, and cafés. Cartmel, famous for its Priory and race meetings, is well worth a visit, if only to sample the local sticky toffee pudding. For a great day out, take a ride on The Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway which connects directly to The Windermere Lake Cruises at Lakeside, offering a delightful sailing trip to Ambleside and Bowness-on Windermere on England’s longest lake.£45Price per night from
- Grange-Over-Sands, EnglandA stylish ground-floor apartment nestled in the village of Cartmel, Cumbria. Close to amenities. Ground-floor living. Romantic. Grange-over-Sands 2.6 miles; Bowness on Windermere 13.5 miles.£56Price per night from
- Kirkby Stephen, EnglandA character cottage based in the heart of the small town of Brough. Ideal for families or couples. Patio/garden. Kirkby Stephen 4.3 miles.£52Price per night from
- Grange-Over-Sands, EnglandA delightful former mill worker's cottage in Cark in Cartmel. Riverside setting, two bedrooms, woodburning stove. Within walking distance to shops and pubs. Cartmel 2 miles. Bowness on Windermere 12 miles.£49Price per night from
- Backbarrow, EnglandFell Cottage is the ideal location to explore the Lake District. This cosy two bedroom cottage, the second bedroom is in a separate annexe and is not accessed through the main house, is set in the rural location of Backbarrow, and is perfect for couples and small families. You are within 1-mile of the Haverthwaite Steam Railway with links to Bowness. There are plenty of cycle routes nearby, and walks are in abundance around the lakes. Backbarrow is a little village set in the South Lakes peninsula where the original dolly blue factory was producing the whitener for all washing powders back in the day. If it is an action packed holiday you are looking for, or you simply want to chill out then Fell Cottage is the ideal place to be.£56Price per night from