Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog-friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet-friendly pubs. above
- Windermere, England
With heart-stopping views across the Lake District and sublime award-winning food - the dog-friendly Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel in the Lake District is a multi-award winning country retreat that offers a luxurious home from home.£150Price per night from
- Corney, EnglandThis wonderful holiday home stands in the most beautiful of settings, lying to the western side of Corney Fell, dominated by Black Combe and enjoying the most extensive views. This superb barn, nestled around a courtyard with stables, offers a large living/dining room/kitchen featuring a fabulous inglenook fireplace, and five bedrooms, four with en-suite facilities. The barn has lovely features - wooden floors throughout, original beams, and has been warmly decorated and furnished with style. This welcoming home from home will be a haven to relax and unwind. Why not read a book in front of the cosy inglenook fireplace, or take a stroll along the valley. Alternatively, there are plenty of attractions for you to visit in the nearby locality. The small town of Bootle is just 1½ miles away with shops and café, the lakes Wastwater, Ennerdale and Coniston are all within a 20-30 minute drive, Muncaster and Ravenglass are 5 miles, and the coast is just 2 miles away. With golf and horse riding nearby, and a pub within walking distance, this is an idyllic holiday location. Shop and café 1½ miles, pub 1 mile.£143From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Carnforth, EnglandThe moment you step into this detached lodge you are welcomed by a sumptuous, modern environment. The open plan space is light and airy, with plenty of room to relax and entertain in. The living area has deep, comfy sofas in which to settle in front of the large Smart TV, or maybe challenge someone to a game on the Xbox. The dining area boasts a large table and comfy chairs and is ideally placed to watch the chef do his work. The kitchen has every appliance you could ask for with a 5-burner hob and even a wine chiller to ensure that your evening tipple is served at the perfect temperature. The first bedroom is spacious with quality fixtures and fittings around the double bed; across the way is the family bathroom with a deep roll-top bath, so you can soak away the aches of a good day’s walking. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed at its centre, and again the quality of the fixtures shine out, including the realistic effect fire in the corner. It has a large en-suite with shower cubicle and even a walk-in wardrobe behind the bed. The final detail is a small room for your canine friend with external access.
The park location is rural, peaceful and idyllic with 360-degree views. There is plenty to do in the local area with the lovely market town of Carnforth being about a 10-minute drive from the park. Carnforth offers a selection of supermarkets and independent shops and of course there is a choice of pubs and restaurants. If you’re looking for things to do on a day out, then within a 30-minute drive you can choose from farms and zoos through to stately homes and halls or beautiful natural attractions like Ingleton Falls or White Scar Caves. There are, of course, beautiful locations for walking and cycling for the outdoor minded. The lodge is in the heart of the Lune Valley and within a few miles of the Lake District, 18 miles from Windermere and 5 miles from Kirby Lonsdale. Beach 8 miles.£177From price per night based on 7 night stay
- The Green, EnglandThis former Pump House has been tastefully converted to a comfortable three bedroom cottage. The property is furnished to a high standard with quality pieces and fixtures throughout.
You enter the hallway which leads to the living room, there are big comfy sofas so you can curl up in front of the wood burner on an autumnal evening, or you can open the French doors and let the sun in on a barmy summers’ day. Moving through the property, you enter the kitchen/dining area with it’s high, church like ceiling. The kitchen is well appointed, and the centre piece is the large oil fuelled Rayburn range. This space is ideal for sitting and chatting about the day’s events whilst preparing anything from a full family meal to a midnight snack. Also off the entrance hall is the lavish looking family bathroom with deep roll top bath and walk-in shower cubicle. Further down the hall is the first of the bedrooms which offers twin beds, followed by a standard double bedroom and finally the large master bedroom with kingsize bed and sofa; there are also large sliding doors opening to great views of surrounding countryside. The property is located on the outskirts of Millom a former iron works town.
Millom has a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants and is also home to the Millom Discovery Centre, a local attraction detailing Millom’s development and history. If you are a walker or cyclist, then the area is simply beautiful in terms of scenery or if you are looking for alternative activities, you’ll find an array of things to occupy your family or friends with Museums, Steam railways, Castles, Safari zoo and Coniston water all within a 30 minute drive. The area is renowned for its green hills and fells but there is also a nearby beach at Haverigg which has safe sands and is an RSPB reserve so there is truly something for everyone. Beach 3 miles.£94From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Broughton-in-Furness, EnglandThis large luxury farmhouse is just perfect for a family reunion, celebrating a special birthday or anniversary, and perfect for multiple couples or multi-generations to get together, relax, unwind, and make special memories together. If you’re looking for a great base to start your Cumbrian adventure, welcome to Stone Arthur.
Recently renovated and new to the market for 2021. Stone Arthur sleeps up to twelve guests in six comfortable bedrooms. On the second floor you’ll find a loft-style bedroom with super kingsize bed and en-suite shower with underfloor heating and heated towel rail. The first floor has a range of bedroom types offering just the flexibility you need when planning a large get-together. A spacious bedroom with super kingsize bed, one with kingsize bed, another with a double and the fourth with bunk beds, suitable for adults and children. Also on the first floor are two good sized shower rooms with heated towel rails and underfloor heating. The final bedroom is on the ground floor with wider doors and a double bed. The bathroom on the ground floor has been adapted for disabled access featuring a wet room, higher toilet seat, grab rails and lower sink unit. Perfect for those who are less mobile or guests who require facilities all on the ground floor. The living room comes complete with plenty of easy seating and a fantastic entertainment package including a projector with Smart TV features so you can access all your favourite apps including Netflix, Disney and Prime. There is a wood burner which is perfect for a cosy night in. You can draw the blackout curtains and create a cinematic experience with surround sound and gather all the family around. Just off the living room is a games room with Xbox and TV, great for those little ones and teens wanting their own space. The hub of the house must be the spacious, open-plan, kitchen/dining room, with a large dining table for twelve and a high spec kitchen, you’ll love drinking and chatting and catching up with loved ones in this fabulous space. The angled skylights flood the whole area with daylight and it’s just perfect for preparing a feast for all your friends. For you convenience, the property has a dedicated workspace, a self-check-in facility, a hairdryer and an iron.
Kirkby-in-Furness is a village near the coast located on the Furness peninsula. It is close to The Lake District National Park, about 5 miles north west of Ulverston and 8 miles south of Coniston Water. This pretty village offers a village shop and post-office and a couple of village pubs within walking distance. Ulverston is a busy town with many shops, bars, and a couple of well known supermarkets, plus a great choice of restaurants and a golf course. Kirkby-in-Furness is a great base from which to explore The Lake District National Park and the West Cumbrian Coast. If you like walking, climbing, hiking, cycling or sightseeing, then a short drive into The National Park is an outdoor-lover’s playground. For family fun, try the La’al Ratty, a miniature steam railway running from Ravenglass to Dalegarth. Muncaster Castle offers daily activities including mini golf, beautiful gardens and falconry displays.£303From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bowness-on-Windermere, EnglandGet ready for some fantastic memories. This magnificent Grade II listed Victorian Gothic mansion set beside Lake Windermere makes the perfect venue for large family get togethers, special occasions and surprise celebrations. Set in private grounds with lawned gardens and only a 5-minute walk to Bowness-On-Windermere, this place is simply unforgettable. High ceilings and stunning features offer a glimpse of its Victorian heritage. Following a stylish renovation, the impressive Fallbarrow Hall features the latest in interior design and contemporary fashion.
Featuring fifteen spacious en-suite bedrooms, plus two apartments with three additional bedrooms. You’ll find the combination of rooms, beds, and flexible sleeping arrangements ideal for an amazing holiday with up to 36 of your friends and loved ones. The themed bedrooms, sumptuous furnishings and luxurious surroundings are just the treat you’re looking for. Kick back in the jazzy cocktail bar or unwind while you catch the latest entertainment in the TV lounge. Enjoy some quiet time in the library or take in a movie in the cinema room. Take on your mates at pool or table tennis, while the little ones chill out in the kid’s den. Whether it’s a cosy night in or a much-needed family reunion you’re after, this place has it covered.
During the day, the large windows flood the area with plenty of daylight and great views of the grounds and gardens. If you’re planning a special meal, there’s a stunning dining room big enough to host an amazing banquet and you can easily get everyone together. The large kitchen is well equipped and provides a social and communal hub with all the cooking facilities you need. There is a utility and laundry room, ideal for walking gear and muddy boots, and plenty more to explore when you get here. Outside you can enjoy a large expanse of gardens with views of Lake Windermere.
Fallbarrow Hall is in a private and secluded area of Fallbarrow Holiday Park which features The Willow, a fine dining restaurant and cocktail bar, a marina with direct access to the lake, an adventure playground, and sports courts for the kids. Turn right from the park entrance and in 5 minutes’ you are in the popular tourist magnet of Bowness-On-Windermere with an abundance of shops, pubs, bars, and restaurants offering every type of cuisine you could wish for. Here you can ride the steamers on Lake Windermere to Ambleside or Lakeside. Grab an ice cream, feed the ducks, hire a boat, play mini golf, or play in the arcades. There’s so much to do and of course you are in the heart of The Lake District National Park, so if you love the outdoors, you’re in the right place. Walkers, cyclists, climbers will be in their element. Look no further, you’ve found the place of your dreams!£1630From price per night based on 7 night stay