Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
The Lake District is one of the most beautiful destinations in the UK. It's just an added bonus that it's one of the top dog-friendly holiday spots too. From sweeping views of Lake Windermere, rural forests and fells to cosy village boltholes, there are so many options for blissful getaways with your canine companion by your side. Explore our idyllic selection of pet-friendly hotels and dog-friendly cottages to find the perfect holiday for you and your four-legged friend.
- Great Strickland, EnglandConn Cottage has recently been fully renovated in 2021, this cottage is full of character and has a peaceful location with lovely view over the stream next door that used to power the neighbouring corn mill, built from Lakeland stone. It has been attractively modernised, furnished and fitted to a high standard, with every modern convenience, making it a real home from home. The kitchen/dining room is finished to a high standard with fully integrated appliances, soft close cupboards and drawers with patio doors opening out onto the rear garden with outside seating and hot tub.
Conn Cottage is situated in the attractive hamlet of Bampton, in the Lowther Valley. This is a tranquil, unspoilt and beautiful area of the Lake District. This amazing area is perfect for getting away from it all and for seeing wildlife like red squirrels, deer and buzzards. However, the location is still also convenient for accessing not only other parts of the Lake District, but also the Yorkshire Dales, Teesdale and Hadrian’s Wall. Bampton has a village store/post office with tearoom, children’s playground and there is a lovely pub a gentle stroll away in the neighbouring hamlet of Bampton Grange. There are other excellent pubs serving food a short drive away in Askham, Tirril and Shap, as well as the hotel at Haweswater.
The nearest lakes are Haweswater and Ullswater. The area is perfect for walking and cycling with its quiet scenic roads and there is plenty of good walking from the doorstep, including on the surrounding fells leading over to Ullswater. Popular fells such as Hallin Fell and Place Fell and Mardale Head are nearby. There are lots of nearby attractions and activities including cycle hire, horse riding, Dalemain House and gardens, Aira Force, Ullswater Steamers and other water sports. The nearest town to Bampton is Penrith which is 7 miles away and the M6 is just a 10-minute drive for easy access.£136From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Windermere, EnglandLakeland stone traditional cottage in the heart of Windermere, close to all local amenities & restaurants. En-suite shower rooms. WiFi. Patio with hot tub. Off road parking. Surrounded by Lake Windermere and Orrest Head.£92From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Carnforth, EnglandA stunning, single-storey lodge settled in South Lakeland Leisure Village near Tewitfield, Lancashire. Lake views. Off-road parking. Hot tub. Carnforth 2.2 miles; Kendal 14.1 miles; Windermere 24.6 miles.£113From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Millom, EnglandA stunning, semi-detached home resting in Bootle near Millom, Cumbria and the Lake District. Large garden. Ample parking. Smart TV. Close to beach. Broughton-in-Furness 10.8 miles; Ambleside 29.8 miles.£79From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Windermere, EnglandThis fabulous semi-detached, three-storey cottage is resting on the outskirts of Bowness-on-Windermere, Cumbria. In a National Park. Pet-friendly. Woodburning stove. Bedrooms with en-suites. Windermere 1.7 miles: Ambleside 5.8 miles; Kendal 9 miles.£119From price per night based on 7 night stay