Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog-friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet-friendly pubs. above
- Windermere, England
With heart-stopping views across the Lake District and sublime award-winning food - the dog-friendly Holbeck Ghyll Country House Hotel in the Lake District is a multi-award winning country retreat that offers a luxurious home from home.£150Price per night from
- EnglandOrrest Howe is situated up the famous Orrest Head walk in Windermere, set in a beautiful woodland garden. You can enjoy sitting out on one of the many seating areas or end your day relaxing in the hot tub whilst taking in the local scenery.
This detached five bedroom property is a mixture of modern living combined with the period features of a Lakeland house, with two living rooms, plus plenty of room for dining, and a big modern fitted kitchen, including a large wine chiller, perfect for your party of up to ten. With three of the bedrooms en-suite, a family bathroom with a shower over the bath, plus an extra two separate toilets, your comfort levels are really catered for. There are views onto the front garden from four of the bedrooms which also look out over the tree tops onto Windermere.
With bars, restaurants and shops within an easy walk from the front door you will find your stay very relaxing. Alternatively just a few steps and you can head on up Orrest Head for a bracing walk and take in even more of what the Lake District has to show you! Shop, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£296From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Millom, EnglandThese four detached holiday properties are located at High Lowscales Farm, a traditional Cumbrian hill farm situated in the south-western Lakes, between the beautiful countryside of the Whicham and Duddon Valleys. High Lowscales Farm is a renovated traditional Cumbrian farmhouse and features its own spa hot tub, complete with massage jets and feature lighting; The Byre is a romantic two-storey barn conversion with feature four poster bed, and guests can enjoy their own spa hot tub; The Stables is a cosy two-storey detached stables conversion with a romantic four-poster bed and a hot tub on the decked area; and The Cottage is a spacious two-storey, two-bedroom detached barn conversion and guests can enjoy their own hot tub on the private decked area. The farm is set in 17 acres and has spectacular views down to the Irish Sea and the Duddon Estuary. Public footpaths cross the farmland, and next door lies Millom Park, perfect for woodland walks. The driveway is also a bridleway, ideal for mountain biking in the Whicham Valley and up the 600-metre high Black Combe. The beaches at Haverigg and Silecroft, and the Hodbarrow RSPB reserve are a 10-minute drive, whilst the market town of Broughton-in-Furness is 15 minutes away. Within a half hour drive you will also find Coniston Water, the Barrow-in-Furness Peninsula (pretty drives, Furness Abbey, The Dock Museum, Walney Island Nature Reserve, Piel Island, Furness Owls, Gleaston Watermill and the Cumbrian Coastal Way), Muncaster Castle and “La’al Ratty” miniature steam railway at Ravenglass which all make for wonderful days out. The Aquarium of the Lakes and steam boat cruises on Windermere are a 40-minute drive away. In order to make guests’ stay as relaxing as possible, drop-off suppers and massage and beauty treatments (at the cottages) can be pre-ordered (separate charges apply). Beach 2½ miles. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 4½ miles. The properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 19 guests.£77From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Appleby-in-Westmorland, EnglandBeautiful stone-built cottage resting in an enviable location with stunning views across rolling countryside, 6 miles south of Appleby-in-Westmorland. Pet-friendly. WiFi. Shop and pub 4 miles£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Corney, EnglandThis wonderful holiday home stands in the most beautiful of settings, lying to the western side of Corney Fell, dominated by Black Combe and enjoying the most extensive views. This superb barn, nestled around a courtyard with stables, offers a large living/dining room/kitchen featuring a fabulous inglenook fireplace, and five bedrooms, four with en-suite facilities. The barn has lovely features - wooden floors throughout, original beams, and has been warmly decorated and furnished with style. This welcoming home from home will be a haven to relax and unwind. Why not read a book in front of the cosy inglenook fireplace, or take a stroll along the valley. Alternatively, there are plenty of attractions for you to visit in the nearby locality. The small town of Bootle is just 1½ miles away with shops and café, the lakes Wastwater, Ennerdale and Coniston are all within a 20-30 minute drive, Muncaster and Ravenglass are 5 miles, and the coast is just 2 miles away. With golf and horse riding nearby, and a pub within walking distance, this is an idyllic holiday location. Shop and café 1½ miles, pub 1 mile.£144From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Corney, EnglandDefinitely off the beaten track, this wonderful holiday home stands in the most beautiful of settings. Lying to the western side of Corney Fell, which is dominated by Black Combe, you will enjoy the most extensive views. The former Foldgate Farmhouse, nestles around a courtyard with outhouse and stables, and has been extensively refurbished. The farmhouse has lovely features - wooden and flagged floors, beams, wood burner and open fire, and has been warmly decorated and furnished with great attention to comfort. This welcoming home from home will be a haven to relax and unwind, enjoy the views from the decked areas; or just curl up on the sofa and read a book by the fire. Alternatively, there are plenty of attractions for you to visit in the nearby locality. The small town of Bootle is just 1½ miles with shops and café, the lakes Wastwater, Ennerdale and Coniston are all within a 20-30 minute drive. The coast is 2 miles, Muncaster and Ravenglass 5 miles. Golf and riding nearby. Shop and café 1½ miles, pub 1 mile.£136From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brampton, EnglandOne of a group of delightful Milton cottages situated on working farm. Beautiful exposed beams, spacious open plan living, hot tub. Quality luxurious accommodation with woodburner. Pretty rural views over open countryside. Brampton 2 miles.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay