Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet friendly pubs. Find a real hidden gem on our expert listings above
- EnglandOrrest Howe is situated up the famous Orrest Head walk in Windermere, set in a beautiful woodland garden. You can enjoy sitting out on one of the many seating areas or end your day relaxing in the hot tub whilst taking in the local scenery.
This detached five bedroom property is a mixture of modern living combined with the period features of a Lakeland house, with two living rooms, plus plenty of room for dining, and a big modern fitted kitchen, including a large wine chiller, perfect for your party of up to ten. With three of the bedrooms en-suite, a family bathroom with a shower over the bath, plus an extra two separate toilets, your comfort levels are really catered for. There are views onto the front garden from four of the bedrooms which also look out over the tree tops onto Windermere.
With bars, restaurants and shops within an easy walk from the front door you will find your stay very relaxing. Alternatively just a few steps and you can head on up Orrest Head for a bracing walk and take in even more of what the Lake District has to show you! Shop, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£366Price per night from
- EnglandBannerrigg (’sister property’ to Alice Howe and Boston House) a Grade II listed property, was designed by Augustus (AWN) Pugin (1812 - 1852), arguably the greatest British architect, designer and writer of the 19th Century whose name is synonymous with the interior of The House of Lords and the Palace of Westminster. The houses on the terrace were designed as holiday homes for the railway executives each one having unique character. The historic nature of this spacious property is reflected in the style and quality of the decor, furnishings and accessories. If you are looking for a big house in the Lake District for a family holiday or short break with a group of friends, Bannerrigg is the ideal choice.
Outside there’s a new large slate patio. An 8 seat hot tub has been installed in it’s own building in the garden, the perfect place to unwind after a hard day on the hills! The parking area has been extended to fit 5 cars (in fact if you are prepared to park each other in, there’s room for 7 cars). Bannerrigg has 5 bedrooms, two triple rooms, two rooms with four beds and a twin room. Bannerrigg’s cellar is home to a fantastic 18 seat cinema, fitted with a 75" Smart TV. Logon to your Netflix or Amazon Prime account and go to the movies on your holiday. It has a spacious elegant living room with an open fire, leather settees and chairs to seat 16 people. The large dining room has large windows on two sides which gives it a tremendous amount of natural light. It also has a large dining table with 16 padded chairs, the ideal place to while away an evening. The house is an ideal base for the larger party and with the train and bus station literally around the corner, it’s easily accessible for those members of your group that are travelling from far and wide. You can view videos of this property and others on the street here www.youtube.com/user/TheTerraceWindermere. This property can be booked together with Alice Howe (CC127187) and Boston House (CC127199), White Moss (CC127244) and Number One (CC127243) to accommodate up to 66 people in 30 bedrooms!£365Price per night from
- Crook, EnglandIn an idyllic setting and surrounded by rolling hills and the glorious unspoilt countryside of The Gilpin Valley, Low Shepherd Yeat offers a selection of delightful refurbished properties on this former farm and can be enjoyed together or individually.
Converted in Spring 2018 to offer ground floor accommodation for four guests in this picturesque spot, Shepherd Yeat Bungalow (separate to the main house) has been carefully designed to make the most of countryside views from the comfort of this well-presented and stylish property. The generous open plan living space creates a delightful area for guests to enjoy relaxing time together. Well presented, its comfortable bedrooms are enhanced by full-height ceilings and countryside views from the master bedroom.
Low Shepherd Yeat Farm is a superb, detached former farmhouse with a large, picture window and pretty countryside views. Extensively refurbished and redecorated, it is perfect for families or groups of friends looking for space, comfort and well equipped accommodation. The well-presented living space includes a delightful dining conservatory overlooking the garden and fields beyond. The double bedrooms are comfortable and enjoy private bathroom facilities. Its own games room offers in house recreation for all whilst its private hot tub is perfectly placed to enjoy the surrounding views.
Sitting in 25 acres of picturesque countryside, Low Shepherd Yeat enjoys its own stretch of the River Gilpin with a stone bridge over the river. There are beautiful walks and cycle paths from the door, whilst the Lake District Fells such as The Langdale Pikes and the Old Man of Coniston are a short drive. Only 4½ miles from Lake Windermere and Bowness with boutiques, galleries, tea rooms, pubs, water sports and ferries to Hawkshead, Coniston and the Grizedale Forest. Cruisers at Bowness offer trips round the lake taking in the wonderful scenery, calling at Ambleside to the north or Lakeside to the south to visit the fascinating Aquarium of the Lakes. Historic houses with lovely grounds such as Holker Hall and Sizergh Castle are nearby; don’t miss Muncaster Castle or the South Lakes Wild Animal Park at Dalton.
Beatrix Potter, Wordsworth and other famous authors found the Lake District truly inspirational and there are many locations where their history and works are interestingly displayed. Nearby, the historic market town of Kendal has an art gallery, castle, theatre, larger shops and pretty walks along the River Kent. Whichever direction you walk or drive in this most beautiful area will bring you to breathtaking views of the lakes and mountains. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£361Price per night from
- Millom, EnglandThese four detached holiday properties are located at High Lowscales Farm, a traditional Cumbrian hill farm situated in the south-western Lakes, between the beautiful countryside of the Whicham and Duddon Valleys. High Lowscales Farm is a renovated traditional Cumbrian farmhouse and features its own spa hot tub, complete with massage jets and feature lighting; The Byre is a romantic two-storey barn conversion with feature four poster bed, and guests can enjoy their own spa hot tub; The Stables is a cosy two-storey detached stables conversion with a romantic four-poster bed and a hot tub on the decked area; and The Cottage is a spacious two-storey, two-bedroom detached barn conversion and guests can enjoy their own hot tub on the private decked area. The farm is set in 17 acres and has spectacular views down to the Irish Sea and the Duddon Estuary. Public footpaths cross the farmland, and next door lies Millom Park, perfect for woodland walks. The driveway is also a bridleway, ideal for mountain biking in the Whicham Valley and up the 600-metre high Black Combe. The beaches at Haverigg and Silecroft, and the Hodbarrow RSPB reserve are a 10-minute drive, whilst the market town of Broughton-in-Furness is 15 minutes away. Within a half hour drive you will also find Coniston Water, the Barrow-in-Furness Peninsula (pretty drives, Furness Abbey, The Dock Museum, Walney Island Nature Reserve, Piel Island, Furness Owls, Gleaston Watermill and the Cumbrian Coastal Way), Muncaster Castle and “La’al Ratty” miniature steam railway at Ravenglass which all make for wonderful days out. The Aquarium of the Lakes and steam boat cruises on Windermere are a 40-minute drive away. In order to make guests’ stay as relaxing as possible, drop-off suppers and massage and beauty treatments (at the cottages) can be pre-ordered (separate charges apply). Beach 2½ miles. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 4½ miles. The properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 19 guests.£357Price per night from
- EnglandBoston House (’sister property’ to Alice Howe and Bannerrigg) is the perfect base for large groups of friends or families to take a holiday or a short break. The property sleeps 14 comfortably in 7 bedrooms, each bedroom has white cotton bedding and TV. Five of the bedrooms have en-suite shower rooms; the other two rooms have separate bathrooms, which means every bedroom has private facilities. For the romantics in your party there are two four poster beds and one half tester bed. The rear courtyard has a raised slate bed patio and a seven seater private hot tub. At the front of the property the car park has been expanded and there is parking for up to 6 cars. The kitchen has solid oak units, Lakeland slate work-tops, a 7 ring burner - twin oven range cooker, 46 bottle wine cooler and 8 seat central island unit. The lounge has a living flame gas fire, leather settees, larger flat screen TV, DVD player cinema surround sound system and a hifi. The fireplace designed by Pugin is believed to be a small-scale replica of the one he designed for Westminster palace. The dining room has a huge table perfect for entertaining a large group. New 14 seat cinema in the cellar with hi-def, Blu-Ray projector and proper fold down cinema seats. The rear courtyard is walled all round and is extremely private. There is a huge teak table and chairs sitting on a raised slate bed patio perfect for dining al fresco and its surrounding walls mean that it is well protected from the wind. At the front of the property there is a second patio with table and four chairs, which is a real suntrap - perfect for a quiet coffee! The house has private parking for up to 6 cars. As you would imagine the property has been thoughtfully decorated and furnished in keeping with its Grade II listed status. So if you’re looking for a house in the Lakes to celebrate a 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th or even 70th birthday Boston House is the ideal choice. You can view videos of this property and others on the street www.youtube.com/user/TheTerraceWindermere. This property can be booked together with Alice Howe (CC127187), Bannerrigg (CC127195), White Moss (CC127244) and Number One (CC127243) to accommodate up to 66 people in 30 bedrooms!£352Price per night from
- Preston, EnglandA detached property resting on the outskirts of Chipping, in the Ribble Valley. WiFi. Hot tub. Woodburning stove. Superb views. Clitheroe 9.4 miles.£340Price per night from
- EnglandDesigned by Augustus (AWN) Pugin for the original directors of The Kendal Windermere railway, Number One, the flagship house on The Terrace is now available as a holiday let sleeping 14 people. The house has been renovated in a boutique hotel style, whilst retaining the features which gave it its grade II listing. On the ground floor there is a beautiful hand made kitchen with 4 oven Aga, it’s a fabulous space to cook up a gastronomic delight. Next door is a large utility room for those muddy boots and dogs and a very posh downstairs toilet. The large lounge has sumptuous leather Chesterfield sofas to seat up to 20 people in front of the fire. Perhaps Number One’s most special feature is a bar/dining room/party room. We’ve designed the space around get togethers, it has the capacity for the occupants of both number One and Two The terrace to dine together or if you’ve taken even more of our 5 houses on The Terrace you can push the tables back and use the room as your very own bar. In the cellar there’s an 18 seat cinema with 75 inch Smart TV. Login to your Netflix or Amazon Prime account and go to the movies in the comfort of your own holiday home. On the first floor there are 4 double bedrooms each with their own unique style. Bedroom one is a king size with en suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 has a super king size sleigh bed. Bedroom 3 is a standard double with antique style metal bedstead. Bedroom 4 is decorated and furnished in French style. There is also a large family bathroom with walk in wet room and huge free standing bath. The second floor is home to a room we affectionately call "The Dormitory", it has 4 single beds, the perfect place for the kids to disappear into. Next door is a double room with sloping feature eaves. There is an elegant bathroom with shower over bath and a second shower room. Outside is a large patio area with outdoor furniture, perfect for a barbecue, as well as a private hot tub. You can watch a short film about Number One here www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRNipLshK2E. You can view videos of this property and others on the street here www.youtube.com/user/TheTerraceWindermere.
This property can be booked together with any of the neighbouring properties or RENT THE WHOLE STREET Boston House (CC127199) and Bannerrigg (CC127195) Alice Howe (CC127187) and White Moss (CC127244) to accommodate up to 66 people in 30 bedrooms!£333Price per night from
- EnglandAlice Howe, (’sister property’ to Bannerrigg and Boston House) a grade II listed property, was designed by Augustus (AWN) Pugin (1812-1852), arguably the greatest British architect, designer and writer of the 19th century whose name is synonymous with the interior of the House of Lords and Westminster Abbey. This majestic home has its own cinema room and is furnished and presented in a unique style - chunky king-size four poster beds, solid ash single beds give and lush decoration - qualities that have justified the property’s 4 star status with Visit Britain.
Alice Howe has 7 bedrooms, and 7 bathrooms ( 5 of which are en-suite). Making it an ideal base for the larger party. The train and bus station are literally around the corner, so the house is easily accessible for those members of your group that are travelling from far and wide. We’ve also extended the car park to accommodate up to 6 cars. The addition of more single beds has made this property ideal not just for couples and families but now also for groups of single friends. The property also boasts its own private hot tub. If you’re looking for a big house to rent in the lakes for an ’upmarket’ stag or hen weekend Alice Howe is the ideal choice.This property can be booked together with any of the neighbouring properties or RENT THE WHOLE STREET - Boston House (CC127199), Bannerrigg (CC127195), White Moss (CC127244) and Number One (CC127243) to accommodate up to 66 people in 30 bedrooms!£333Price per night from
- Lancaster, EnglandA contemporary, six-bedroom barn conversion situated on the outskirts of Ellel, near to the city of Lancaster. Views of Morecambe Bay. Underfloor heating. Pet-friendly. Rural location. Lancaster 5.7 miles.£327Price per night from
- Ulverston, EnglandA charming and homely detached cottage with hottub situated on the stunning 5,000-acre Graythwaite Estate. Lovely parkland views. Superb shared facilities. Close to Lake Windermere. Extensive selection of services, offers and discounts. Hawkshead 4 miles.£319Price per night from