Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet friendly pubs. Find a real hidden gem on our expert listings above
- Riverside Mill is a real gem of a traditional cottage, enjoying the peace and tranquillity of a riverside location yet just 4 miles from lively and bustling Kendal and the Lake District National Park. Beautifully renovated, Riverside Mill offers superb accommodation and is perfect for a family or group of friends who want to explore this picturesque corner of the country, whatever the time of year. The first thing that strikes you about this beautiful single-storey cottage, built from the local stone, is the stunning location, right on the banks of the River Mint.
Step inside and there’s a large and character filled open-plan living and formal dining area, split over two levels, with original exposed cruick beams and a magnificent inglenook fireplace with wood burner. Sumptuous sofas are ideal for curling up in front of the fire on a cool evening. There are huge glazed doors with access to the balcony, making this room not only light and airy, but making the most of those fabulous riverbank views. The breakfast-kitchen is fully equipped and the cosy cottage atmosphere and lovely views make this the perfect place to start the day. All the accommodation is on the same level with a magnificent master bedroom, a twin bedroom and a single with lovely river views. The bathroom has a bath, separate shower cubicle, wash basin and toilet.
But it’s outside where you’ll want to spend as much time as possible at this fabulous holiday destination, listening to the babbling of the river as it flows through the mill race in the garden. Outside you will find the private hot tub that accommodates 6 guests, and also the Glamping Pod that sits nestled next to the river and the waterfall, offering an extra bathroom and sleeping up to four, this cosy addition has underfloor heating and is sure to delight any guests looking for a memorable location and stay. There’s a courtyard garden to make the most of the views, and a fabulous decked balcony that gives you incredible views of the mill race and waterfall - it’s the perfect spot to relax with a drink after a busy day in the Lakes. There’s also 500 yards of fishing rights, so keen fisherman need to pack their licences! Riverside Mill & Glamping Pod also provides off-road parking for four cars. With a public footpath skirting the edge of the property, you’re soon out in magnificent open countryside.
All amenities can be found at Kendal, just 4 miles away, which is the gateway to the Southern Lakes. Take a trip to the Abbot Hall Art Gallery, the Kendal Museum and the Museum of Lakeland Life, or explore some of the country’s finest heritage buildings in nearby Sizergh Castle and Levens Hall. There’s plenty for families to explore on the shores of Lake Windermere or take a picnic to the beach. And if you love the rolling beauty of the Yorkshire Dales, the Dalesway trans Pennine walk is within easy reach. With so much to see and do on the doorstep, and the tranquillity of its setting, this is the ideal holiday destination for an exploration of this magnificent part of the world, whatever the time of year. Beach 17½ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£179Price per night from
- Chorley, EnglandA detached farmhouse property resting the outskirts of the town of Chorley. Woodburning stove. Pet-friendly. WiFi. Pool table. Wheelton 2.7 miles; Preston 12.4 miles.£178Price per night from
- Windermere, EnglandThis wonderful lodge rests on White Cross Bay in Windermere, Cumbria. Hot tub. Off-road parking. On-site facilities. 2 miles from Windermere. 3 miles from Ambleside.Onsite facilities. Dog friendly.£176Price per night from
- Blackpool, EnglandA superb seven-bedroom, three-storey former guest house resting in Blackpool, Lancashire. Hot tub. Off-road parking. Close to amenities. Near a beach. Lytham St Annes 5 miles; Preston 16.9 miles.£170Price per night from
- Windermere, EnglandA Modern Lodge at Limefitt Park, sleeps 5 in 3 bedrooms, Hot Tub, personal High Speed WiFi, two dogs welcome.£151Price per night from
- Ulverston, EnglandTraditional cottage nestled on the shores of Lake Windermere, in Cumbria. Character features. Woodburning stove. Superb views. Fantastic on-site facilities including pool and fishing lake.£150Price per night from
- Windermere, EnglandModern lodge at Limefitt Park in the tranquil Troutbeck valley, sleeps six, hot tub, two well behaved dogs welcome.Onsite facilities.£148Price per night from
- Windermere, EnglandBrand new modern lodge with hot tub, situated on White Cross Bay. Sleeps 6 guests in three bedrooms. Two dogs welcome.£147Price per night from
- Matterdale End, EnglandIvy House has been fully renovated for 2022, bringing this traditional Cumbrian house up to today’s standards and beyond, with four double bedrooms all en-suite with the bedroom at the back having a fantastic copper bath There is a large living room for the family to entertain each other, plus a second sitting room ideal for kids to use as their own, a large kitchen/diner opening out onto the garden with a hot tub and sitting out area where you will be able to soak those magnificent walks away on an evening. A short distance is the tiny village of Dockray which still has its own pub to wander down to for some local fayre. Situated on the fellside adjacent to the Cumbrian Way, with superb views across the valley to the hills around Ullswater. Experience Lakeland at its best, with every kind of outdoor activity on hand. Ivy House is a haven away from the stresses and strains of everyday living and ideal for anyone looking to spend some time amidst the peace and quiet of this beautiful scenery. Walk straight out on to the fells from the door or go pony trekking and see the sights from a different angle (book at nearby Rookin House). Enjoy boating and sailing on Ullswater or take in the magnificent scenery on a launch trip up the lake. A region which offers something for everyone, whichever season you choose to visit – in the winter months, why not join the Lake District ski club and ski on Raise. For enjoyable days out, there are plenty of places to visit, including Aira Force waterfall, Wetheriggs Pottery Museum and Penrith Castle. Also, in the area surrounding Penrith is the wonderful Rheged Discovery Centre, Lowther Leisure and Wildlife Park, Dalemain Historic House and Gardens and beautiful Hutton in the Forest. The lakes and fells to the south are easily reached or go north to the charming villages and historic sites in the Borders. Beach 34 miles. Pub 2½ miles.£144Price per night from
- Windermere, England
This wonderful lodge with hot tub rests on White Cross Bay in Windermere, Cumbria. Hot tub. Off-road parking. On-site facilities. 2 miles from Windermere. 3 miles from Ambleside. Dog friendly.£143Price per night from