Pet Friendly Holidays Lake District
Home to one of the most beautiful areas in Britain, The Lake District is one of the best places for a dog-friendly adventure in the great outdoors. There is an abundance of dog friendly holiday cottages for you to choose from. All you need to do is decide if you want a private hot tub, a cosy shepherd hut, or a contemporary property located near pet friendly pubs. Find a real hidden gem on our expert listings above
- Corney, EnglandDefinitely off the beaten track, this wonderful holiday home stands in the most beautiful of settings. Lying to the western side of Corney Fell, which is dominated by Black Combe, you will enjoy the most extensive views. The former Foldgate Farmhouse, nestles around a courtyard with outhouse and stables, and has been extensively refurbished. The farmhouse has lovely features - wooden and flagged floors, beams, wood burner and open fire, and has been warmly decorated and furnished with great attention to comfort. This welcoming home from home will be a haven to relax and unwind, enjoy the views from the decked areas; or just curl up on the sofa and read a book by the fire. Alternatively, there are plenty of attractions for you to visit in the nearby locality. The small town of Bootle is just 1½ miles with shops and café, the lakes Wastwater, Ennerdale and Coniston are all within a 20-30 minute drive. The coast is 2 miles, Muncaster and Ravenglass 5 miles. Golf and riding nearby. Shop and café 1½ miles, pub 1 mile.£133From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Carnforth, EnglandThe moment you step into this detached lodge you are welcomed by a sumptuous, modern environment. The open plan space is light and airy, with plenty of room to relax and entertain in. The living area has deep, comfy sofas in which to settle in front of the large Smart TV, or maybe challenge someone to a game on the Xbox. The dining area boasts a large table and comfy chairs and is ideally placed to watch the chef do his work. The kitchen has every appliance you could ask for with a 5-burner hob and even a wine chiller to ensure that your evening tipple is served at the perfect temperature. The first bedroom is spacious with quality fixtures and fittings around the double bed; across the way is the family bathroom with a deep roll-top bath, so you can soak away the aches of a good day’s walking. The master bedroom has a kingsize bed at its centre, and again the quality of the fixtures shine out, including the realistic effect fire in the corner. It has a large en-suite with shower cubicle and even a walk-in wardrobe behind the bed. The final detail is a small room for your canine friend with external access.
The park location is rural, peaceful and idyllic with 360-degree views. There is plenty to do in the local area with the lovely market town of Carnforth being about a 10-minute drive from the park. Carnforth offers a selection of supermarkets and independent shops and of course there is a choice of pubs and restaurants. If you’re looking for things to do on a day out, then within a 30-minute drive you can choose from farms and zoos through to stately homes and halls or beautiful natural attractions like Ingleton Falls or White Scar Caves. There are, of course, beautiful locations for walking and cycling for the outdoor minded. The lodge is in the heart of the Lune Valley and within a few miles of the Lake District, 18 miles from Windermere and 5 miles from Kirby Lonsdale. Beach 8 miles.£178From price per night based on 7 night stay
- The Green, EnglandThis former Pump House has been tastefully converted to a comfortable three bedroom cottage. The property is furnished to a high standard with quality pieces and fixtures throughout.
You enter the hallway which leads to the living room, there are big comfy sofas so you can curl up in front of the wood burner on an autumnal evening, or you can open the French doors and let the sun in on a barmy summers’ day. Moving through the property, you enter the kitchen/dining area with it’s high, church like ceiling. The kitchen is well appointed, and the centre piece is the large oil fuelled Rayburn range. This space is ideal for sitting and chatting about the day’s events whilst preparing anything from a full family meal to a midnight snack. Also off the entrance hall is the lavish looking family bathroom with deep roll top bath and walk-in shower cubicle. Further down the hall is the first of the bedrooms which offers twin beds, followed by a standard double bedroom and finally the large master bedroom with kingsize bed and sofa; there are also large sliding doors opening to great views of surrounding countryside. The property is located on the outskirts of Millom a former iron works town.
Millom has a good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants and is also home to the Millom Discovery Centre, a local attraction detailing Millom’s development and history. If you are a walker or cyclist, then the area is simply beautiful in terms of scenery or if you are looking for alternative activities, you’ll find an array of things to occupy your family or friends with Museums, Steam railways, Castles, Safari zoo and Coniston water all within a 30 minute drive. The area is renowned for its green hills and fells but there is also a nearby beach at Haverigg which has safe sands and is an RSPB reserve so there is truly something for everyone. Beach 3 miles.£165From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandOrrest Howe is situated up the famous Orrest Head walk in Windermere, set in a beautiful woodland garden. You can enjoy sitting out on one of the many seating areas or end your day relaxing in the hot tub whilst taking in the local scenery.
This detached five bedroom property is a mixture of modern living combined with the period features of a Lakeland house, with two living rooms, plus plenty of room for dining, and a big modern fitted kitchen, including a large wine chiller, perfect for your party of up to ten. With three of the bedrooms en-suite, a family bathroom with a shower over the bath, plus an extra two separate toilets, your comfort levels are really catered for. There are views onto the front garden from four of the bedrooms which also look out over the tree tops onto Windermere.
With bars, restaurants and shops within an easy walk from the front door you will find your stay very relaxing. Alternatively just a few steps and you can head on up Orrest Head for a bracing walk and take in even more of what the Lake District has to show you! Shop, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£296From price per night based on 7 night stay
- EnglandClose to Coniston Water and at the southern end of the Lake District National Park, Souterstead, standing detached, offers all the space and comforts your party would need for their stay. With underfloor heated slate flooring, the bespoke kitchen, the sumptuous beds, or just relaxing in the living room with the wood burner, you will not want your break to end! French doors in the living room overlook open countryside and lead onto the garden.
For the younger members of the family, the well-equipped entertainment room with its 50 inch Smart TV and connection hub for your games console will keep them happy and occupied, or for the dog lovers, endless miles of open walks are available for you and your four-legged friends to explore. There is even an outside tap to wash their muddy paws or hose down your bike afterwards.
Souterstead is the perfect place to entertain, with the excellent ultra tech Sonos sound system providing entertainment throughout the ground floor; the large dining table with ample space for everyone to dine together; and the separate living room with leather sofas and wood burner to relax in front of. The kitchen has everything from a wine cooler to a boiling water tap, and a beautiful polished wooden breakfast bar to sit at and chat away over a glass of wine.
The nearby Lakeland villages of Coniston and Hawkshead are idyllic and have an abundance of shops and cafés to discover, and for the more adventurous, why not take to the treetop challenge of Grizedale Forest, or venture along the many paths by foot or by bike? Coniston Old Man is always a favourite to climb, yet there are many more walks for all, including your four-legged friends. You will also find and there are two dog friendly pubs within ½ mile.
For a little bit of Victorian elegance, why not have a trip out on the steam yacht gondola that sails on Coniston Water from March to November, or take to the water yourself for a real Swallows and Amazons adventure! There are so many things to fill your days all year round in this wonderful area, you will find that everyone will leave with a wonderful memory of their stay. Beach 12½ miles. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£235From price per night based on 7 night stay