Pet Friendly Holidays New Forest
The New Forest National Park is perfect for countryside walks, quintessentially English towns and trips to the coast. Whether you're looking for woodland walks, want to see the free roaming forest ponies or want to grab a classic afternoon tea, the New Forest has it all to offer for you and your pooch.
- Lymington, England
A stylish coastal pub and an AA Four-Star Gold Inn in Lymington, dog-friendly The Mayflower in Hampshire is the perfect base for those craving a seaside break with their furry friend in tow.£90Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, England
Step into a fairytale at Thatched Cottage Hotel in Hampshire. With its charming thatched roofs and timeless allure, prepare for enchantment and blissful hospitality.£129Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Barton on Sea, England
Set in 130 acres of stunning grounds, dog-friendly Chewton Glen in Hampshire is regarded as one of the UK’s finest boutique hotels.£1350Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, England
Originally a hunting lodge in the 1800s, dog-friendly Balmer Lawn Hotel in Hampshire is now a gorgeous family-run country house hotel set in the heart of the fabulous New Forest National Park – a doggie dream!£165Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandThis delightful, period home stands semi-detached, and offers light and airy, carefully co-ordinated holiday accommodation, with good use of tasteful themed coloured walls and contemporary additions. It is ideally located right in the heart of The New Forest, only 200 yards from the centre of Burley, which attracts many visitors’ year round with its tea rooms, pubs, manor house, cycle hire, quaint gift shops and ice cream parlour. There is also a spa in the village where you can spend a day relaxing. Roaming ponies and cattle can often be found outside the cottage or wandering through Burley – it certainly makes a change from a traditional traffic jam!
The unspoilt forest and heathland with wandering ponies and cattle are what makes the New Forest famous. Miles of beautiful walks are available, as is golf, or alternatively the surrounding area can be explored by car or on bicycle via the many cycle paths, where you can discover some of the appealing villages, towns, attractions, and gardens such as Lyndhurst, the sailing town of Lymington (with ferry terminal to the Isle of Wight), Beaulieu Motor Museum, Exbury Gardens and the riverside village of Bucklers Hard. The county of Hampshire itself was enjoyed by Jane Austen with her house and museum in Chawton and her resting place in Winchester Cathedral. Further afield but well worth a trip is Christchurch, Monkey World and the Tank Museum near Wool. Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World, ‘Go Ape’ adventure park, The Owl and Otter Park and nautical maritime history at Southampton, with retail shopping outlets, are also within easy reach. The coastline with its beaches at Bournemouth, Sandbanks and Poole is within a short drive, with golden beaches and has many popular activities such as windsurfing, boating and swimming. Shop 200 yards, pub and restaurant 250 yards.£149Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis detached, boutique-style, single-storey holiday property offers well-presented accommodation, and makes an ideal retreat for couples or families looking to enjoy the delights of The New Forest right on their doorstep. Lawn Lodge has its own private parking and enclosed, lawned garden, and is adjacent to the owner’s renowned hotel, where guests can enjoy complimentary use of the extensive leisure facilities, including a heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor pool - summer only), air conditioned gym and terraces/grounds. There is also a spa treatment centre (prices on enquiry), bar, two restaurants and breakfast is offered at a discounted rate. The ever-popular New Forest is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round, including Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Wildlife Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! It is only a 10-minute drive to historic Lymington, with waterside dining, boutiques and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Lawn Lodge is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£132Price per night from
- Bransgore, EnglandThis pretty, detached, ‘chocolate box’, thatched holiday cottage lies a few miles from the Dorset coast, on the edge of the New Forest National Park which is hugely popular for excellent walks, cycling and horse-riding routes. There’s also golf available nearby. The cottage is an ideal retreat for families, with many character features and a hot tub in the garden’s summer house. There are plenty of thoughtful extras for guests’ enjoyment, including six TVs, Bluetooth stereo and wi-fi. Enjoy sandy beaches at Mudeford, Bournemouth and Poole, or visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington. Burley and Christchurch are just 3 miles away. Shop ⅓ mile and nearest pub 80 meters. Village has 3 good pubs in total.£150Price per night from
- Ringwood, EnglandThis is an idyllic holiday location in a quiet part of the New Forest National Park. With open heath, wild ponies and miles of footpaths right on the doorstep making these properties - Brook Barn (ref PDDA) and Meadow Barn (ref UKC2859) a really relaxing holiday retreat. Adjacent to one another and next to the owner’s home, they have been thoughtfully renovated, offering a good feeling of space with high vaulted beamed ceilings and open plan living space. Brook Barn has a cosy wood burner and Meadow Barn is accessed through the former stable/farmyard and has a very rustic feel and a unique carved staircase, made out of local trees and with iron railings to look like the branches of the tree! The first floor galleried bedroom area, with single bed, gives the impression of sleeping in a tree house! Both properties have a ground floor double bedroom and a first floor double bedroom with a single Z-bed for additional sleeping for children. There is also a cart on-site which offers fresh vegetables (honesty box).
This is a wonderful setting for discovering the New Forest, the area is abundant in wildlife, with deer, pheasants, badgers and birds and many scenic walks. The market town of Ringwood, with several restaurants, pubs, shops and leisure centre is about 4 miles, and there is also a brewery that offers regular tours. There is so much to discover in this area and the New Forest has miles of open heathland and woodland, where cattle and ponies roam, as well as being great for cycling, walking and riding. There are numerous picturesque New Forest villages, many of which serve traditional cream teas! Rockbourne is good for fly fishing and there is coarse fishing at Fordingbridge, as well as a water park, with various water sports including windsurfing and boating.
The properties are in a convenient location with road links to the cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury, and for a day out, why not visit Stonehenge or The Tank Museum at Bovington. They also have easy coastal connections to Christchurch Harbour and Sandbanks both within about 40-minute’s drive. Other attractions within easy reach include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Monkey World, Avon Heath Country Park, Moors Valley, and the New Forest Otter and Owl Park. Maritime Southampton and various other tourist attractions are within easy driving distance, with Ringwood just 4 miles away and sandy beaches at Poole and Bournemouth, 16 miles. Shop and pub 1½ miles, restaurant 2 miles.
Both properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests.£135Price per night from
- Fordingbridge, EnglandThis wonderful, detached, thatched cottage, with a separate annexe, offers an attractive large lawned landscaped garden and a spacious and tastefully styled interior. Conveniently located, set back from the main road leading from Salisbury, 9 miles or Ringwood, 5 miles. For keen walkers, this is the perfect location, situated directly opposite footpaths and within easy reach of the New Forest National Park, with many scenic walks and great for spotting local wildlife.
Dating back to the 1600s, this comfortable and spacious home is steeped in history. The famous local painter, Augustus John, resided here and he had a studio to show off his work, which became a popular stopping point for gentry travelling from London to the West Country. In later years, he became a renowned political spokesperson with many articles published in the Delphic Review, which was edited in Fordingbridge.
The main property comprises a large living room on the ground floor with an open fire, wet room/utility and kitchen/dining room with a range set within an inglenook bread oven, and original brick floor. There is a steep curved staircase to the master bedroom with high ceilings and original beams and an en-suite toilet. There is a separate staircase to the second bedroom, which is very spacious and has a double and single bed. The third bedroom is in a separate annexe adjacent to the house, which is above the garage, accessed by external steps; guests will find a double bed, sofabed (for alternative sleeping), and en-suite shower room with toilet.
This is a great touring base from which to visit the extensive attractions in the area. Nearby, the charming town of Fordingbridge has a host of shops, cafés and eateries, and the gentle flowing River Avon is also nearby. Rockbourne is good for fly fishing and there is coarse fishing at Fordingbridge. There is a water park with various water sports including windsurfing and boating close by.
Convenient for road links to the cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury, Stonehenge, Christchurch Harbour and the coast including Poole, Sandbanks and Bournmouth. Other attractions include Marwell Zoo, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Monkey World, Avon Heath Country Park and The New Forest Wildlife Park. Maritime Southampton and various other tourist attractions are within easy driving distance. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£95Price per night from
- Burley, EnglandThis charming, detached, single-storey barn conversion is conveniently located on the edge of the ever-popular New Forest National Park. It is just a short drive from the priory town of Christchurch and beaches such as Mudeford and Avon Beach, making Bakers Barn the ideal getaway for couples or families who want to explore the area. Inside are features such as a high vaulted ceiling in the large open plan kitchen/dining area, wooden floors and a lovely feature wood burner within an inglenook surround.
There is much to do for all ages in the area - visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington, or Burley and Christchurch, which are just 3 miles away. Within easy reach are Bournemouth and Poole with beaches and seaside attractions, as well as Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World. Further afield are Stonehenge, Winchester, Salisbury Cathedral, New Forest Wildlife Park, Monkey World, The Tank Museum, Beaulieu Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Maritime Southampton with its nautical connections, also has ferry trips to the Isle of Wight. Shop ⅓ mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£77Price per night from