Pet Friendly Holidays New Forest
The New Forest National Park is perfect for countryside walks, quintessentially English towns and trips to the coast. Whether you're looking for woodland walks, want to see the free roaming forest ponies or want to grab a classic afternoon tea, the New Forest has it all to offer for you and your pooch.
- Brockenhurst, England
Step into a fairytale at Thatched Cottage Hotel in Hampshire. With its charming thatched roofs and timeless allure, prepare for enchantment and blissful hospitality.£129Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Brockenhurst, England
Dog-friendly New Park Manor in Hampshire is a luxury spa hotel in Brockenhurst – right in the heart of the New Forest.£135Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Burley, EnglandThis charming, detached, single-storey barn conversion is conveniently located on the edge of the ever-popular New Forest National Park. It is just a short drive from the priory town of Christchurch and beaches such as Mudeford and Avon Beach, making Bakers Barn the ideal getaway for couples or families who want to explore the area. Inside are features such as a high vaulted ceiling in the large open plan kitchen/dining area, wooden floors and a lovely feature wood burner within an inglenook surround.
There is much to do for all ages in the area - visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington, or Burley and Christchurch, which are just 3 miles away. Within easy reach are Bournemouth and Poole with beaches and seaside attractions, as well as Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World. Further afield are Stonehenge, Winchester, Salisbury Cathedral, New Forest Wildlife Park, Monkey World, The Tank Museum, Beaulieu Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Maritime Southampton with its nautical connections, also has ferry trips to the Isle of Wight. Shop ⅓ mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£77Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis detached, boutique-style, single-storey holiday property offers well-presented accommodation, and makes an ideal retreat for couples or families looking to enjoy the delights of The New Forest right on their doorstep. Lawn Lodge has its own private parking and enclosed, lawned garden, and is adjacent to the owner’s renowned hotel, where guests can enjoy complimentary use of the extensive leisure facilities, including a heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor pool - summer only), air conditioned gym and terraces/grounds. There is also a spa treatment centre (prices on enquiry), bar, two restaurants and breakfast is offered at a discounted rate. The ever-popular New Forest is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round, including Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Wildlife Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! It is only a 10-minute drive to historic Lymington, with waterside dining, boutiques and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Lawn Lodge is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£132Price per night from
- Bransgore, EnglandThis pretty, detached, ‘chocolate box’, thatched holiday cottage lies a few miles from the Dorset coast, on the edge of the New Forest National Park which is hugely popular for excellent walks, cycling and horse-riding routes. There’s also golf available nearby. The cottage is an ideal retreat for families, with many character features and a hot tub in the garden’s summer house. There are plenty of thoughtful extras for guests’ enjoyment, including six TVs, Bluetooth stereo and wi-fi. Enjoy sandy beaches at Mudeford, Bournemouth and Poole, or visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington. Burley and Christchurch are just 3 miles away. Shop ⅓ mile and nearest pub 80 meters. Village has 3 good pubs in total.£150Price per night from
- Ringwood, EnglandThis is an idyllic holiday location in a quiet part of the New Forest National Park. With open heath, wild ponies and miles of footpaths right on the doorstep making these properties - Brook Barn (ref PDDA) and Meadow Barn (ref UKC2859) a really relaxing holiday retreat. Adjacent to one another and next to the owner’s home, they have been thoughtfully renovated, offering a good feeling of space with high vaulted beamed ceilings and open plan living space. Brook Barn has a cosy wood burner and Meadow Barn is accessed through the former stable/farmyard and has a very rustic feel and a unique carved staircase, made out of local trees and with iron railings to look like the branches of the tree! The first floor galleried bedroom area, with single bed, gives the impression of sleeping in a tree house! Both properties have a ground floor double bedroom and a first floor double bedroom with a single Z-bed for additional sleeping for children. There is also a cart on-site which offers fresh vegetables (honesty box).
This is a wonderful setting for discovering the New Forest, the area is abundant in wildlife, with deer, pheasants, badgers and birds and many scenic walks. The market town of Ringwood, with several restaurants, pubs, shops and leisure centre is about 4 miles, and there is also a brewery that offers regular tours. There is so much to discover in this area and the New Forest has miles of open heathland and woodland, where cattle and ponies roam, as well as being great for cycling, walking and riding. There are numerous picturesque New Forest villages, many of which serve traditional cream teas! Rockbourne is good for fly fishing and there is coarse fishing at Fordingbridge, as well as a water park, with various water sports including windsurfing and boating.
The properties are in a convenient location with road links to the cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury, and for a day out, why not visit Stonehenge or The Tank Museum at Bovington. They also have easy coastal connections to Christchurch Harbour and Sandbanks both within about 40-minute’s drive. Other attractions within easy reach include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Monkey World, Avon Heath Country Park, Moors Valley, and the New Forest Otter and Owl Park. Maritime Southampton and various other tourist attractions are within easy driving distance, with Ringwood just 4 miles away and sandy beaches at Poole and Bournemouth, 16 miles. Shop and pub 1½ miles, restaurant 2 miles.
Both properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests.£135Price per night from
- Fordingbridge, EnglandThis wonderful, detached, thatched cottage, with a separate annexe, offers an attractive large lawned landscaped garden and a spacious and tastefully styled interior. Conveniently located, set back from the main road leading from Salisbury, 9 miles or Ringwood, 5 miles. For keen walkers, this is the perfect location, situated directly opposite footpaths and within easy reach of the New Forest National Park, with many scenic walks and great for spotting local wildlife.
Dating back to the 1600s, this comfortable and spacious home is steeped in history. The famous local painter, Augustus John, resided here and he had a studio to show off his work, which became a popular stopping point for gentry travelling from London to the West Country. In later years, he became a renowned political spokesperson with many articles published in the Delphic Review, which was edited in Fordingbridge.
The main property comprises a large living room on the ground floor with an open fire, wet room/utility and kitchen/dining room with a range set within an inglenook bread oven, and original brick floor. There is a steep curved staircase to the master bedroom with high ceilings and original beams and an en-suite toilet. There is a separate staircase to the second bedroom, which is very spacious and has a double and single bed. The third bedroom is in a separate annexe adjacent to the house, which is above the garage, accessed by external steps; guests will find a double bed, sofabed (for alternative sleeping), and en-suite shower room with toilet.
This is a great touring base from which to visit the extensive attractions in the area. Nearby, the charming town of Fordingbridge has a host of shops, cafés and eateries, and the gentle flowing River Avon is also nearby. Rockbourne is good for fly fishing and there is coarse fishing at Fordingbridge. There is a water park with various water sports including windsurfing and boating close by.
Convenient for road links to the cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury, Stonehenge, Christchurch Harbour and the coast including Poole, Sandbanks and Bournmouth. Other attractions include Marwell Zoo, Beaulieu Motor Museum, Monkey World, Avon Heath Country Park and The New Forest Wildlife Park. Maritime Southampton and various other tourist attractions are within easy driving distance. Shop 4 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£95Price per night from
- Ringwood, EnglandLilypad is a newly built home in a peaceful residential area within walking distance to the high street of Ringwood. Downstairs there is an open plan kitchen, living and dining room with a 43-inch smart tv. In the kitchen there is a fridge freezer, dishwasher, gas hob and electric oven with all the equipment you need to cook a meal to enjoy together. There is a convenient downstairs toilet and there is underfloor heating on the ground floor of this property. Upstairs is a king bedroom and a double bedroom both with 32-inch smart TVs. The family bathroom has a shower over the bath and there is a washer dryer in the cupboard. At the front of the property there is a small patio area with a small outdoor seating area and there is parking available for 1 car and a locked bike store.
Ringwood high street is within walking distance, this historic town comprises of a rich mixture of architecture including buildings which are thatched, Georgian, modern, and historic buildings lining the streets. A stroll along west street will take you to the Jubilee Gardens with a millstream running through which once powered the corn mill. There is a variety of independent shops in Ringwood along with cafes and eateries. Ringwood Brewery is well worth a visit during your time here, and you can even book a tour to sample the local beers. Ringwood has a weekly market as well as several farm shops within driving distance for local produce. For walkers and cyclists, the Castleman trail is easily accessible from Bickerley Road, this follows the old train route between Dorchester and Southampton.
For days out you must visit the New Forest with its free roaming horses, cattle and donkeys and an abundance of unique villages and pubs throughout. Moors Valley is fantastic for walking and cycling within the forest and you can even book an experience at Go Ape to climb among the treetops. There is the New Forest Water Park with a variety of water sports and a giant inflatable obstacle course on the water which is a fantastic day out. For fishing a day license can be purchased at the tackle shop for fishing on the River Avon with the chance to catch a variety of fish including Pike, Chub and Carp. The beaches of Southbourne and Avon Beach are within a half hour drive, with a mixture of sandy areas and pebbled area. Other nearby days out include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Liberty’s Owl and Reptile Centre, Dorset Heavy Horse Farm, Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary, and you can get a ferry to the Isle of Wight for a day trip! Lilypad provides the perfect home to base yourselves while exploring the nearby areas to make those memories on your holiday.£71Price per night from
- Martin (Near New Forest), EnglandLovely semi-detached barn in rural Hampshire. Beautifully furnished and with the added bonus of the use of an additional communal barn when booked jointly with Pippin (233).£60Price per night from
- Fordingbridge, EnglandForest Lodge is situated in an idyllic setting in a quiet corner of the New Forest, enjoying direct forest access which is home to an abundance of wildlife. Whilst in the grounds of the owner’s home, Forest Lodge has its own parking area and pathway. This detached holiday property stands alone and is not visible from the main house. Stabling and grazing are available for 2 horses on site, with prior arrangement with the owner and there is a grassy children’s play area with football goalposts, rugby posts and other games. The New Forest National Park offers thousands of acres of moor, heath and woodlands, where ponies and cattle roam free, and is perfect for walking, cycling and riding. You may also see wild deer, foxes, badgers and rabbits. The New Forest is a genuine walker’s paradise and also a fantastic place for cycling, with miles of traffic free tracks. Farm shops, pubs, tea rooms, an excellent restaurant and a church are within 5 minutes of the property. There is a riding school nearby offering hacks across the forest for both the beginner and more experienced rider. Forest Lodge is 4 miles from the market towns of Ringwood and Fordingbridge, and 12 miles from the historic city of Salisbury, with its magnificent cathedral and tallest spire in the UK. The coastal resorts and sandy beaches of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch are approximately 15 miles away. Coarse fishing is available on the nearby River Avon. Golf courses and water sports are also nearby. Shops, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£69Price per night from