Pet Friendly Holidays New Forest
The New Forest National Park is perfect for countryside walks, quintessentially English towns and trips to the coast. Whether you're looking for woodland walks, want to see the free roaming forest ponies or want to grab a classic afternoon tea, the New Forest has it all to offer for you and your pooch.
- Bransgore, EnglandThis pretty, detached, ‘chocolate box’, thatched holiday cottage lies a few miles from the Dorset coast, on the edge of the New Forest National Park which is hugely popular for excellent walks, cycling and horse-riding routes. There’s also golf available nearby. The cottage is an ideal retreat for families, with many character features and a hot tub in the garden’s summer house. There are plenty of thoughtful extras for guests’ enjoyment, including six TVs, Bluetooth stereo and Wi-Wfi. Enjoy sandy beaches at Mudeford, Bournemouth and Poole, or visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington. Burley and Christchurch are just 3 miles away. Shop ⅓ mile and nearest pub 80 meters. Village has three good pubs in total.£146From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis welcoming, detached family home enjoys a lovely location, standing within 2 acres of extensive lawned gardens and overlooking the surrounding fields and countryside. Arnewood Corner is an ideal base for gathering family and friends, with many thoughtful touches and home comforts found throughout. Enjoy the games room annexe, complete with a pin-ball machine, juke box, and a selection of games and toys, as well as the private hot tub, children’s play area and the outdoor heated swimming pool. There are six bedrooms found inside the main house, two of which are on the ground floor.
This lovely property is located just a mile away from the pretty village of Sway, which has a village shop, family butchers, post office and a selection of pubs and restaurants. The ever popular New Forest National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which is a haven for wildlife, is nearby with many roaming ponies and cattle along the roadsides and across the heathland, as well as extensive walking, cycling and horse riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round; picturesque villages serving cream teas, vineyards, golf courses, stately homes and many family attractions. Brockenhurst is nearby, as is the popular sailing town of Lymington, which is only a 5-minute drive, with its pretty harbour, fishing trips, cobbled streets, boutiques, pubs, restaurants and day trips by ferry to the Isle of Wight.
Other places of interest nearby include Beaulieu Motor Museum, the riverside village of Bucklers Hard, Exbury Gardens, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World and New Forest Owl and Otter Park, to name but a few. Further afield, but well worth the trip, are Monkey World and the Tank Museum at Bovington. The property is also within easy reach of many beaches including Mudeford, Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth, the nearest beach being 4 miles away at Milford-on-Sea – also great for crabbing! Along the coastline, there are a many popular activities such as windsurfing, boating and swimming. Beach 4 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£324From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ringwood, EnglandThe Old White House is a wonderful holiday home that offers stylish and well thought out accommodation creating a wonderful space for friends or families to relax and explore this stunning location. This spacious and recently renovated home boast four bedrooms, two luxury bathrooms, sumptuous sitting room and a truly delightful kitchen/dining room that spills out to the large garden with hot tub.
If you are searching for peace and tranquillity, the historic home and hamlet would make the perfect choice for your staycation, You may just relax and enjoy the peaceful surrounding’s, but if you can tear yourself away, then a trip to The New Forest, dotted with quant villages, many with charming pubs along with wild roaming ponies, donkeys, and pigs, is the perfect place to explore either on foot or bike.
Should fresh sea air be more your thing, then head to the golden sandy beaches at Bournemouth Bay. Whatever your reason for choosing The Old White House, we are certain this harming home will have you longing to return.£375From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ringwood, EnglandLions Lodge is the perfect holiday home for families, couples and groups alike looking to explore all the local area has to offer. On the edge of the Ringwood Forest and with walking distance to local convenience shops, cafes, children’s playgrounds, and pubs, but it is the surrounding area that makes it such a great choice for a holiday. Green flag country parks, the New Forest, Blue Flag sandy beaches and local tourist hot spots to explore like Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole, Burley, Durdle Door/Lulworth Cove, Salisbury and Wimborne.
The cottage is 1 mile from the edge of the Moors Valley Country Park and the Avon Heath Country Park. Moors Valley has a fantastic adventure playground, play trail, tree top trail, and 1000 acres of forest and parkland to explore on foot or bicycle (bike hire is available). The site also boasts an 18-hole golf course, children’s steam railway and a lake which is a lovely place for a picnic, whilst adventure seekers can head to Go Ape which has a tree top adventure with ziplines, a net climbing course and offers an all-terrain Segway experience.
One of the first places you will want to go is Ringwood, 2 miles away and easy to walk or cycle to along the Castleman Trailway. Not only does the riverside market town have a great choice of cafes, pubs, restaurants, and shops if you need to pick up provisions for your self-catering stay, but the Ringwood Brewery is well-known for its superb beers and the fun and informative brewery tours. The stunning New Forest National Park is virtually on your doorstep, free roaming ponies, horses, wild deer, and a wonderful variety of country pubs. Other New Forest attractions include the National Motor Museum and Beaulieu House, Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World, the Exbury Gardens & Steam Railway, and over 100 miles of traffic free cycling routes suitable for all abilities.
This fantastic accommodation offers three generous bedrooms providing sleeping for up to seven guests, along with a bathroom and a separate toilet. The large open plan living/dining room has ample seating and is the ideal space for everyone to relax. The modern well-equipped kitchen offers everything you need to rustle up a quick supper or a more lavish celebration meal. A conservatory overlooks the garden for those moments you want a bit of peace and quiet during your stay. The large garden is perfect for all ages with secluded seating areas and plenty of fun things for kids. After a busy day, relax in the cottage’s luxury outdoor hot tub looking out over the private garden with a cold drink and good book. Whatever your reason for choosing Lions Lodge, this stunning holiday home will have you longing to return.£344From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Southampton, EnglandThe Bijou Snug is as its name suggests the smallest of three luxury properties that have been purpose built for holiday letting in the New Forest, ideal for couples on their own. The property is set within a secure gated development and includes use of the sauna, (all of which must be booked with the on-site manager alongside the other guests usage). The property is an open plan studio style, occupying the top level of this detached building and may hold special appeal to active cyclists with plenty of storage on the ground level for bicycles to be stored.
Located only a short distance away from the village of Hythe which has a number of cafés, restaurants, public house, various shops, hair and beauty salons. The UK’s oldest pier-train at the entrance to the high street connects to the ferry across Southampton Water to the Town Quay at the bottom of Southampton’s high street and near the large West Quay shopping centre. The nearest beach at Calshot offers panoramic views of the Solent, Southampton and the Isle of Wight and is home to one of the UK’s biggest activity centres offering a wide range of exciting activities for all abilities and ages throughout the year, either indoors which accommodates a climbing complex, velodrome and a dry ski slope or outdoors on land and water.
The wider area of the New Forest National Park is quite literally on the doorstep, only a 5 minute drive. It contains so much to offer in terms of miles of unbroken trails and paths, glorious gardens and famous estates like Beaulieu and Exbury, a huge array of fantastic pubs and wonderful restaurants worth getting to know. Within easy driving distance and great for days out are Monkey World, Bovington Tank Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Discover Lulworth Cove on the Jurassic Coastline, or visit Corfe Castle, Stonehenge, Winchester or Salisbury Cathedrals, Marwell Zoo and Paultons Park. If all this isn’t enough, you can even set sail and take a day trip by car ferry to the Isle of Wight from Lymington or Southampton. At around 2 hours’ drive from London, just over an hour to Heathrow and 20 minutes from Southampton Airport, Bijou Snug is an easy to reach destination and a great choice to book for your stay in the New Forest.£55From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Southampton, EnglandRelax in the hot tub, swim in the pool or eat al fresco in the Gazebo and fire pit garden, this wonderful, detached home is the perfect base for gatherings of family and friends. Tucked away on the fringes of the New Forest National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, it comprises of the main house and a two-bedroom annexe, with its own patio garden and entrance. The house enjoys beautiful views over the woodland, lawns, Sun terrace, hot tub and private outdoor swimming pool (which can be heated, please ask for details).
This welcoming home offers light and spacious accommodation. There is a large entrance porch, a cosy living room with a Smart TV and open fire, doors lead into the conservatory. There is a well equipped kitchen/dining room with French doors opening onto the gazebo, alFesco dining area with a fire pit, gates to lawn garden and swimming pool. There are three large bedrooms, each with king-size beds, Freeview TV and en-suite shower rooms, they all have lovely views of the woodland, swimming pool and gardens.
The two bedroomed Annex has a spacious shower room, an open plan living room, kitchen/dining room with Freeview TV and DVD, furnished with light decor and homely comforts with beautiful garden views, French doors opening onto a private patio.
In addition to the main house and apartment, there is also another separate detached cabin (Summer Breeze) by the swimming pool area with Freeview TV, seating and a shower room.
There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, including visiting picturesque villages , vineyards, golf courses, stately homes, beautiful gardens and family attractions such as Peppa Pig World and Paultons Park. The picturesque market town of Romsey and the delightful town of Lyndhurst are a short drive away. With its wide variety of landscapes and wildlife, the New Forest provides miles of scenic walks, a network of bridlepaths and footpaths. A wide range of tastes and appetites are catered for with Chinese, Thai, Italian and Indian restaurants and takeaways, country pubs and fish and chip shops all nearby.
Good Road links to the M27 enable the cottage to be an excellent touring base. Within easy driving distance are many award-winning beaches, attractions and historic towns including Winchester, with its superb cathedral and Portsmouth with its famous Historic dockyard, HMS victory and Marie Rose exhibitions, the Spinnaker Tower and extensive shopping, leisure and entertainment. Southampton has excellent cultural and historical links, including the Titanic Exhibition, the old town has a large stretch of medieval defence walling and many famous residents from yesteryear include Jane Austen, Shakespeare and Henry V. This area of Hampshire has the world famous River Test meandering through the countryside with many beautiful pubs and walks along its banks including The River Test Way. The Beaulieu River flows through The New Forest too Bucklers Hard you can enjoy relaxing walks or cruise along the River, where kayaking and canoeing are also available.
Nearby pretty sailing towns Hamble, Warsash, and Lymington offer scenic riverside walks, Marina and Waterside pubs. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Beaulieu Abbey, the historic riverside village of Bucklers Hard, Exbury Gardens, Mottisfont Gardens, Sir Harold Hillier Gardens , The New Forest Wildlife Park, Poulton‘s Park, Marwell Zoo, Hythe victorian Pier and train, Calshot Castle and activity centre, Hurst Castle, Highcliffe Castle, The Mid-Hants Watercress Steam Railway, Royal Victoria Country Park and Manor Farm Country Park are all worth a visit. Southampton and Lymington have ferry link to the Isle of Wight. Salisbury is also just a ½-hour drive away, and just beyond there is Stonehenge. Beach 14 miles. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£586From price per night based on 7 night stay