Pet Friendly Holidays New Forest
The New Forest National Park is perfect for countryside walks, quintessentially English towns and trips to the coast. Whether you're looking for woodland walks, want to see the free roaming forest ponies or want to grab a classic afternoon tea, the New Forest has it all to offer for you and your pooch.
- Brockenhurst, England
Set at the end of the grassy street in Buckler’s Hard village and with beautiful views over the Beaulieu River, dog-friendly The Master Builder’s Hotel in Hampshire is set in one of the most picturesque locations of England's south coast.£140Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Brockenhurst, England
Step into a fairytale at Thatched Cottage Hotel in Hampshire. With its charming thatched roofs and timeless allure, prepare for enchantment and blissful hospitality.£132Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis detached, boutique-style, single-storey holiday property offers well-presented accommodation, and makes an ideal retreat for couples or families looking to enjoy the delights of The New Forest right on their doorstep. Lawn Lodge has its own private parking and enclosed, lawned garden, and is adjacent to the owner’s renowned hotel, where guests can enjoy complimentary use of the extensive leisure facilities, including a heated indoor and outdoor swimming pool (outdoor pool - summer only), air conditioned gym and terraces/grounds. There is also a spa treatment centre (prices on enquiry), bar, two restaurants and breakfast is offered at a discounted rate. The ever-popular New Forest is a haven for wildlife, with many roaming ponies across the heathland, extensive walks, cycling and riding routes. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round, including Beaulieu Motor Museum, Bucklers Hard, Marwell Zoo, New Forest Wildlife Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! It is only a 10-minute drive to historic Lymington, with waterside dining, boutiques and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Lawn Lodge is also within easy reach of many beaches, including Sandbanks, Poole and Bournemouth. Beach 5 miles. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£133From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Fordingbridge, EnglandForest Lodge is situated in an idyllic setting in a quiet corner of the New Forest, enjoying direct forest access which is home to an abundance of wildlife. Whilst in the grounds of the owner’s home, Forest Lodge has its own parking area and pathway. This detached holiday property stands alone and is not visible from the main house. Stabling and grazing are available for 2 horses on site, with prior arrangement with the owner and there is a grassy children’s play area with football goalposts, rugby posts and other games. The New Forest National Park offers thousands of acres of moor, heath and woodlands, where ponies and cattle roam free, and is perfect for walking, cycling and riding. You may also see wild deer, foxes, badgers and rabbits. The New Forest is a genuine walker’s paradise and also a fantastic place for cycling, with miles of traffic free tracks. Farm shops, pubs, tea rooms, an excellent restaurant and a church are within 5 minutes of the property. There is a riding school nearby offering hacks across the forest for both the beginner and more experienced rider. Forest Lodge is 4 miles from the market towns of Ringwood and Fordingbridge, and 12 miles from the historic city of Salisbury, with its magnificent cathedral and tallest spire in the UK. The coastal resorts and sandy beaches of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch are approximately 15 miles away. Coarse fishing is available on the nearby River Avon. Golf courses and water sports are also nearby. Shops, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£66From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Burley, EnglandThis charming, detached, single-storey barn conversion is conveniently located on the edge of the ever-popular New Forest National Park. It is just a short drive from the priory town of Christchurch and beaches such as Mudeford and Avon Beach, making Bakers Barn the ideal getaway for couples or families who want to explore the area. Inside are features such as a high vaulted ceiling in the large open plan kitchen/dining area, wooden floors and a lovely feature wood burner within an inglenook surround.
There is much to do for all ages in the area - visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington, or Burley and Christchurch, which are just 3 miles away. Within easy reach are Bournemouth and Poole with beaches and seaside attractions, as well as Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and Peppa Pig World. Further afield are Stonehenge, Winchester, Salisbury Cathedral, New Forest Wildlife Park, Monkey World, The Tank Museum, Beaulieu Museum and Highcliffe Castle. Maritime Southampton with its nautical connections, also has ferry trips to the Isle of Wight. Shop ⅓ mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£194From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lymington, EnglandEnjoying a wonderfully peaceful, scenic and rural location, surrounded by fields where horses graze, this delightful, detached, Grade II listed cottage is accessed via a long gravel driveway, set back from a country lane, yet only 10 minutes drive to Lymington or 5 minutes to Brockenhurst. The popular local pub serving fine fayre is within ½-mile via a footpath or ¾-mile by road. Pond Cottage has been lovingly and carefully restored, offering tastefully styled accommodation yet retaining some superb features. The highlight of this super property is the wonderful kitchen/dining room with underfloor heating and a suspended mirrored light from the apex. French doors lead from here onto a patio terrace which leads to the enclosed gardens, where plentiful wildlife including deer, pheasants and many birds can be seen. Contrary to the name of the cottage, there are no ponds in the property’s own fenced grounds, however there is a large pond in the grounds of the next door property.
Ideal for families and couples, there is a double bedroom on the ground floor with a ‘Jack ‘n’ Jill’ shower room, and three further bedrooms on the first floor, one 5ft double with TV, one double and one single with a pull-out bed. There is a shower over bath on the first floor, plus an additional toilet in the ground floor utility - the cottage sleeps 8.
The ever-popular New Forest is part of the National Park, and is a haven for ponies. Extensive walks, cycling and riding routes cross the heathland. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. Nearby Brockenhurst has ‘best in county bakers’, plus cycle hire, shop/post office and pubs/restaurants.
The popular sailing town of Lymington is only 10 minutes drive, with its pretty harbour, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries and pubs, and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Buckler’s Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Shops 2 miles, pub/restaurant ½ mile.£134From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Bransgore, EnglandThis pretty, detached, ‘chocolate box’, thatched holiday cottage lies a few miles from the Dorset coast, on the edge of the New Forest National Park which is hugely popular for excellent walks, cycling and horse-riding routes. There’s also golf available nearby. The cottage is an ideal retreat for families, with many character features and a hot tub in the garden’s summer house. There are plenty of thoughtful extras for guests’ enjoyment, including six TVs, Bluetooth stereo and Wi-Wfi. Enjoy sandy beaches at Mudeford, Bournemouth and Poole, or visit Beaulieu, Exbury Gardens and Lymington. Burley and Christchurch are just 3 miles away. Shop ⅓ mile and nearest pub 80 meters. Village has three good pubs in total.£146From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ringwood, EnglandLilypad is a newly built home in a peaceful residential area within walking distance to the high street of Ringwood. Downstairs there is an open plan kitchen, living and dining room with a 43-inch smart tv. In the kitchen there is a fridge freezer, dishwasher, gas hob and electric oven with all the equipment you need to cook a meal to enjoy together. There is a convenient downstairs toilet and there is underfloor heating on the ground floor of this property. Upstairs is a king bedroom and a double bedroom both with 32-inch smart TVs. The family bathroom has a shower over the bath and there is a washer dryer in the cupboard. At the front of the property there is a small patio area with a small outdoor seating area and there is parking available for 1 car and a locked bike store.
Ringwood high street is within walking distance, this historic town comprises of a rich mixture of architecture including buildings which are thatched, Georgian, modern, and historic buildings lining the streets. A stroll along west street will take you to the Jubilee Gardens with a millstream running through which once powered the corn mill. There is a variety of independent shops in Ringwood along with cafes and eateries. Ringwood Brewery is well worth a visit during your time here, and you can even book a tour to sample the local beers. Ringwood has a weekly market as well as several farm shops within driving distance for local produce. For walkers and cyclists, the Castleman trail is easily accessible from Bickerley Road, this follows the old train route between Dorchester and Southampton.
For days out you must visit the New Forest with its free roaming horses, cattle and donkeys and an abundance of unique villages and pubs throughout. Moors Valley is fantastic for walking and cycling within the forest and you can even book an experience at Go Ape to climb among the treetops. There is the New Forest Water Park with a variety of water sports and a giant inflatable obstacle course on the water which is a fantastic day out. For fishing a day license can be purchased at the tackle shop for fishing on the River Avon with the chance to catch a variety of fish including Pike, Chub and Carp. The beaches of Southbourne and Avon Beach are within a half hour drive, with a mixture of sandy areas and pebbled area. Other nearby days out include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Liberty’s Owl and Reptile Centre, Dorset Heavy Horse Farm, Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary, and you can get a ferry to the Isle of Wight for a day trip! Lilypad provides the perfect home to base yourselves while exploring the nearby areas to make those memories on your holiday.£69From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Brockenhurst, EnglandThis delightful, welcoming, and very dog friendly semi-detached cottage is peacefully located along a quiet road, only 5 minutes’ walk from Lyndhurst village. On the ground floor is an entrance hall, dining area with wood laminate floor, a well-equipped kitchen, a comfortable living room, a toilet and a door leading out to an enclosed patio garden. Upstairs are two en-suite bedrooms and there are many thoughtful personal touches and additions, including books, tourist information, DVDs, family games and treats/extras for your pets too! There is parking for one car at the front, with additional on-road parking.
Known as ‘The Heart of The New Forest’, Lyndhurst offers various cafés, restaurants, shops and inns. The location is ideal for walkers, and Cosy Cottage is only a couple of minutes’ walk from the open forest where ponies and donkeys graze.
There is so much to do in The New Forest with attractions for all ages, including Paulton’s Park with Peppa Pig World just a short drive away. Beaulieu Motor Museum, the riverside village of Bucklers Hard and many picturesque villages are also close by just waiting to be discovered. Shops, pubs and restaurants are just a short walk away and there are several beaches about 15 minutes’ drive away. Why not treat yourself to a cream tea or ice cream at one of the many tea rooms or ice cream parlours? The sailing town of Lymington is about a 10-minute drive, with regular ferries to the Isle of Wight, which makes for a great day out. Try your hand at horse riding, golf, fishing, cycling, bird watching, sailing and rambling, or simply relax and soak up the beautiful views that the glorious New Forest offers! Beach 15 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant ¼ mile.£124From price per night based on 7 night stay