Pet Friendly Holidays New Forest
The New Forest National Park is perfect for countryside walks, quintessentially English towns and trips to the coast. Whether you're looking for woodland walks, want to see the free roaming forest ponies or want to grab a classic afternoon tea, the New Forest has it all to offer for you and your pooch.
- Brockenhurst, England
Step into a fairytale at Thatched Cottage Hotel in Hampshire. With its charming thatched roofs and timeless allure, prepare for enchantment and blissful hospitality.£129Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Brockenhurst, England
Dog-friendly New Park Manor in Hampshire is a luxury spa hotel in Brockenhurst – right in the heart of the New Forest.£135Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Brockenhurst, England
Originally a hunting lodge in the 1800s, dog-friendly Balmer Lawn Hotel in Hampshire is now a gorgeous family-run country house hotel set in the heart of the fabulous New Forest National Park – a doggie dream!£165Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, England
Set at the end of the grassy street in Buckler’s Hard village and with beautiful views over the Beaulieu River, dog-friendly The Master Builder’s Hotel in Hampshire is set in one of the most picturesque locations of England's south coast.£134Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Ringwood, EnglandThis is an idyllic holiday location in a quiet part of the New Forest National Park. With open heath, wild ponies and miles of footpaths right on the doorstep making these properties - Brook Barn (ref PDDA) and Meadow Barn (ref UKC2859) a really relaxing holiday retreat. Adjacent to one another and next to the owner’s home, they have been thoughtfully renovated, offering a good feeling of space with high vaulted beamed ceilings and open plan living space. Brook Barn has a cosy wood burner and Meadow Barn is accessed through the former stable/farmyard and has a very rustic feel and a unique carved staircase, made out of local trees and with iron railings to look like the branches of the tree! The first floor galleried bedroom area, with single bed, gives the impression of sleeping in a tree house! Both properties have a ground floor double bedroom and a first floor double bedroom with a single Z-bed for additional sleeping for children. There is also a cart on-site which offers fresh vegetables (honesty box).
This is a wonderful setting for discovering the New Forest, the area is abundant in wildlife, with deer, pheasants, badgers and birds and many scenic walks. The market town of Ringwood, with several restaurants, pubs, shops and leisure centre is about 4 miles, and there is also a brewery that offers regular tours. There is so much to discover in this area and the New Forest has miles of open heathland and woodland, where cattle and ponies roam, as well as being great for cycling, walking and riding. There are numerous picturesque New Forest villages, many of which serve traditional cream teas! Rockbourne is good for fly fishing and there is coarse fishing at Fordingbridge, as well as a water park, with various water sports including windsurfing and boating.
The properties are in a convenient location with road links to the cathedral cities of Winchester and Salisbury, and for a day out, why not visit Stonehenge or The Tank Museum at Bovington. They also have easy coastal connections to Christchurch Harbour and Sandbanks both within about 40-minute’s drive. Other attractions within easy reach include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Monkey World, Avon Heath Country Park, Moors Valley, and the New Forest Otter and Owl Park. Maritime Southampton and various other tourist attractions are within easy driving distance, with Ringwood just 4 miles away and sandy beaches at Poole and Bournemouth, 16 miles. Shop and pub 1½ miles, restaurant 2 miles.
Both properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 12 guests.£135Price per night from
- Fordingbridge, EnglandForest Lodge is situated in an idyllic setting in a quiet corner of the New Forest, enjoying direct forest access which is home to an abundance of wildlife. Whilst in the grounds of the owner’s home, Forest Lodge has its own parking area and pathway. This detached holiday property stands alone and is not visible from the main house. Stabling and grazing are available for 2 horses on site, with prior arrangement with the owner and there is a grassy children’s play area with football goalposts, rugby posts and other games. The New Forest National Park offers thousands of acres of moor, heath and woodlands, where ponies and cattle roam free, and is perfect for walking, cycling and riding. You may also see wild deer, foxes, badgers and rabbits. The New Forest is a genuine walker’s paradise and also a fantastic place for cycling, with miles of traffic free tracks. Farm shops, pubs, tea rooms, an excellent restaurant and a church are within 5 minutes of the property. There is a riding school nearby offering hacks across the forest for both the beginner and more experienced rider. Forest Lodge is 4 miles from the market towns of Ringwood and Fordingbridge, and 12 miles from the historic city of Salisbury, with its magnificent cathedral and tallest spire in the UK. The coastal resorts and sandy beaches of Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch are approximately 15 miles away. Coarse fishing is available on the nearby River Avon. Golf courses and water sports are also nearby. Shops, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£69Price per night from
- Lymington, EnglandEnjoying a wonderfully peaceful, scenic and rural location, surrounded by fields where horses graze, this delightful, detached, Grade II listed cottage is accessed via a long gravel driveway, set back from a country lane, yet only 10 minutes drive to Lymington or 5 minutes to Brockenhurst. The popular local pub serving fine fayre is within ½-mile via a footpath or ¾-mile by road. Pond Cottage has been lovingly and carefully restored, offering tastefully styled accommodation yet retaining some superb features. The highlight of this super property is the wonderful kitchen/dining room with underfloor heating and a suspended mirrored light from the apex. French doors lead from here onto a patio terrace which leads to the enclosed gardens, where plentiful wildlife including deer, pheasants and many birds can be seen. Contrary to the name of the cottage, there are no ponds in the property’s own fenced grounds, however there is a large pond in the grounds of the next door property.
Ideal for families and couples, there is a double bedroom on the ground floor with a ‘Jack ‘n’ Jill’ shower room, and three further bedrooms on the first floor, one 5ft double with TV, one double and one single with a pull-out bed. There is a shower over bath on the first floor, plus an additional toilet in the ground floor utility - the cottage sleeps 8.
The ever-popular New Forest is part of the National Park, and is a haven for ponies. Extensive walks, cycling and riding routes cross the heathland. There is plenty to do in the area for all ages, all year round. Nearby Brockenhurst has ‘best in county bakers’, plus cycle hire, shop/post office and pubs/restaurants.
The popular sailing town of Lymington is only 10 minutes drive, with its pretty harbour, cobbled pedestrianised streets, boutiques, eateries and pubs, and ferries to the Isle of Wight. Other places of interest include Beaulieu Motor Museum, Buckler’s Hard, Marwell Zoo, Peppa Pig World at Paultons Park, New Forest Owl and Otter Park and Southampton with its maritime history, to name but a few! Shops 2 miles, pub/restaurant ½ mile.£160Price per night from
- Shobley, EnglandLying within the New Forest, where open heaths, wild ponies and miles of footpaths stretch from the door, this detached, 19th-century holiday cottage forms part of the outbuildings to a country house. Comfortably converted with a simple country style, it enjoys a conservatory and a private, enclosed garden. With Bournemouth’s sandy beach, Salisbury, the New Forest Lakes, riding and golf all nearby. Shops 2 miles, pub serving food 2 miles.£61Price per night from
- Hill Top, EnglandThe stunning, spacious, detached house is located in a tranquil New Forest setting surrounded by ponies, donkeys, cows and often deer right outside the property. The house, set in a lovely enclosed garden, has been tastefully furnished to a very good standard. The holiday property boasts a covered, heated swimming pool, available from April to October, as well as a spa/Jacuzzi room, sauna and a multi-game table (table football, table tennis, pool, table hockey, chess, drafts and backgammon) in the sun lounge, all for the sole use of visitors. There is also wireless internet connection available. Then wander out into the forest where you can walk for miles, exploring the peaceful woodland where wild ponies, deer and cattle roam. A visit to nearby Beaulieu, home of the National Motor Museum and Palace House is a must, whilst a short drive leads to the picturesque riverside village at Bucklers Hard and beautiful Exbury Gardens. Moors Valley is a wonderful day out with tree top walkways, orienteering and Go Ape. You can spend a day on Bournemouth beach which has been voted as the UKs best beach. If you are looking for a good base to explore the New Forest and surrounding areas, Kingswood House is an excellent place to stay or you can spend your days enjoying the pool, hot tub and relaxing in the garden. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 0.75 miles.£79Price per night from
- Brockenhurst, EnglandLeygreen Farmhouse is a detached house located on a country lane outside Beaulieu this beautiful building was once a B&B, but is now a lovely holiday home for friends and families to enjoy together. With four spacious bedrooms, all of which are en-suite, located upstairs in the main building and two further bedrooms, also en-suite, located next door in the separate annexe. The property has a very spacious kitchen with a breakfast bar and an Aga for you to use. There is a wonderful dining room for you to all sit down and enjoy a meal together before heading into the cosy living room with its open fire. The property has an enclosed garden with plenty of areas to sit outside to read a book, enjoy a refreshing drink or make use of the barbecue.
Leygreen Farmhouse is 1-mile outside of Beaulieu, a delightful village and will be worth a visit, with adorable gift shops and tea rooms and with the Beaulieu National Motor Museum there is enough to keep everyone entertained for the day. The New Forest National Park provides plenty of opportunities including incredible walks where you will see free roaming cattle, ponies and donkeys, you can go canoeing and kayaking, cycling and there is also archery to try your hand at. At the Lymington Salt Water Baths there is a 218 yard inflatable obstacle course, hot tubs, paddle boarding, and aqua jousting. You can drive to the ferry that will take you to the stunning Isle of Wight for the day, or Bournemouth, which has been voted the UK’s best beach numerous times. Pay a visit to Hurst Castle, Exbury Gardens, the New Forest Reptile Centre, and Paultons Park with Peppa Pig World. There is so much to do nearby that the most difficult thing you will have to do during your break is deciding which activities you want to do during your stay. Beach 20 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£261Price per night from