Choose from a range of fantastic dog-friendly holiday accommodation in Scotland, including hotels, cottages, B&Bs, country houses and more. Book the perfect pet-friendly short break and explore some of the most stunning areas of Scotland with your pooch.
- Taynuilt, ScotlandCompletely renovated in 2021, this beautiful detached, single-storey holiday cottage enjoys an idyllic location, with Loch Etive to the front and the River Awe directly behind. Extremely well furnished and equipped the property has direct access onto the beach. It boasts stunning views across the sea loch to the mountains beyond from some of the rooms, and lovely views over the garden from the others. There is a well-equipped kitchen and a dining area seating eight guests. The house enjoys significant privacy with its only neighbours being seals, otters and yachts. Point Park is one of the very few properties to truly have a sea frontage, located just 5 metres from Loch Etive’s shore with direct beach access. In all rooms the bed can be made into double beds in all bedrooms if required.
The lovely little town of Taynuilt has a friendly community and offers a village grocery store, a post office, butchers, tea room, hairdressers, doctor’s surgery and a restaurant serving good food. There is also a train station, the line through Taynuilt runs from Glasgow to Oban so you can have a day in the city or head to the islands. Taynuilt’s golf course is just a few minutes’ walk from the cottage and offers 9 holes.
The bustling Victorian town of Oban known as the ‘Gateway to the Highlands’ is just 20 minutes away by carand offers shops, bars, seafood restaurants, a cinema and leisure centre. Whisky lovers can visit the Oban Distillery to learn how it’s all made. Regular boat trips leave the busy harbour bound for the Inner Hebridean Islands, including Mull, Iona and the Treshnish Isles with their comical puffins.
Enjoy leisurely forest walks, horseriding, fishing, sailing, diving and golf, or for the more adventurous, Glen Nevis, one of the Highland’s most famous glens and the location of scenes from Harry Potter and Braveheart, is only a short drive and offers stunning scenery and bracing walks. Explore famous castles, historical sites and mature gardens. Visit Bonawe Iron Works, Cruachan Hollow Mountain or the Inveraray Jail. The abundant wildlife includes porpoises, dolphins, basking sharks, otters, deer and a wealth of seabirds. Glencoe and Fort William are easily accessible by car and offer popular climbing, skiing and mountain biking. All in all this is an ideal base for enjoying the pleasures of the great outdoors or just savouring the spectacular scenery of the Western Highlands. Shop and pub 1 mile.£126From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blairgowrie, ScotlandThis attractive spacious detached bungalow is situated in a quiet elevated cul-de-sac in a peaceful residential area of Blairgowrie. The rear of the holiday home backs onto an enclosed garden and sitting-out area, accessed from a very large pleasant sun room, enjoying a high degree of privacy. Blairgowrie is a market town in the heart of Perthshire, with plenty of shops and restaurants. Excellent walking, riding and cycling in the nearby Glen Isla and Glen Shee, as well as skiing in winter. Golf locally at Alyth and Rosemount. Organised events locally include Highland Games as well as good theatres at Perth, Dundee and Pitlochry. Shop, pub and restaurant 0.5 miles.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Helmsdale, ScotlandSituated on its own, right on the shoreline, enjoying panoramic views of the seascape this unique detached house offers an exceptionally good standard of holiday accommodation throughout. The living room and large kitchen/dining room look out across the bay. A second living room upstairs is built in the form of an ’observatory’, complete with balcony from which to spot the wide variety of bird and sea-life. Miles of shoreline walks are accessed directly from the property. The unspoilt fishing village of Helmsdale has a harbour and restaurants and shops. The area is renowned for its unspoilt beaches, wild and rugged coastline and traditional villages. Fossils are regularly found along this particular stretch of coast. Travel north to visit the Castle of Mey, John O’ Groats and the Orkney Isles. Golf, fishing, cycling, hill-walking, surfing and pony trekking all available locally. Try panning for gold in the Helmsdale river and visit the fairytale castle of Dunrobin. Shops, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£124From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Nairn, ScotlandThis charming former fisherman’s cottage, with enclosed garden, is set in the heart of Fishertown which forms part of the lively town of Nairn. Located on the Moray Coast, Nairn boasts a sandy beach which is just a few minutes’ walk from the holiday cottage. A toy cupboard provides amusement at the cottage. Seashell Cottage is ideally situated to enjoy the variety of facilities the town has to offer including a links golf course, fishing and boat trips to see the bottlenose dolphins. Cawdor and Brodie Castle are nearby along with numerous distilleries - take the Whisky Trail on Speyside. Loch Ness, Culloden Battlefield and Inverness, the Highland capital are all within a short drive. Shop, pub and restaurant 500 yards.£44From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blairgowrie, ScotlandCharming end terrace cottage surrounded by beautiful Perthshire scenery near Blairgowrie. Ideal for fishing, golf, walking and cycling. Open plan accommodation. Catering available. Blairgowrie 5 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Inverness, ScotlandNestling amid the glorious Highland countryside, with a stunning backdrop of mountains, this traditionally built stone house stands detached on the site of an old croft, on a 350-acre estate. Ideal for year round family holidays, it features a most attractively furnished, designer interior, which opens out onto a large, south-facing enclosed garden laid mainly to lawn. The surrounding area is a nature lover’s paradise, with several lochs close by offering excellent fishing and bird-watching opportunities, and much indigenous flora and fauna. Inverness 17 miles. Shops 6 miles, pub 1 mile (open Apr-Oct).£91From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Nairn, ScotlandEnjoying open views across the countryside, this detached, 200-year old property is full of character and charm. Now a holiday cottage, it has been equipped and furnished to a good standard to ensure as comfortable and relaxing a holiday as possible. Only 7 miles from Inverness and 2 miles from Castle Stuart Golf Links, which has hosted the Scottish Open golf tournament. Mountain biking on some of the many forest trails, golf at some wonderful Scottish courses, sea trips and watersports either on the Moray coast or Loch Ness are just some of the many activities available. There are many historical sites nearby such as Culloden Battlefield, Fort George and Cawdor Castle. Try the Whiskey Trail along the Moray and Dornoch coasts. Shop 1 mile, pub serving food 3 miles.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Lyth, ScotlandThe Ivy Wing and The Cottage are situated in the courtyard of Barrock House, and surrounded by landscaped grounds and mature woodland. This provides shelter for an abundance of bird and wild life with pleasant walks close at hand and the scenic beaches of Sinclair and Dunnet Bay are just 5 minutes by car. The Cottage makes the perfect base for touring this unspoilt and tranquil part of the Highlands. Visit the Castle and Gardens of Mey, the Queen Mother’s Highland home, John O’Groats, Wick Heritage and Lyth Arts Centre, or take a wildlife or distillery tour. Golfing, fishing, sea trips or walking along the many miles of rugged coastline are just some of the many activities available. Lyth is situated just 10 miles north of Wick and 15 miles from Thurso, making the beautiful Orkney Isles easily accessible by car ferry for day trips. Both properties can be booked together for larger groups (ref’s W42082 and W42083). Shop, pub and restaurant 4.5 miles.£47From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Thurso, ScotlandThis attractive ground floor holiday apartment forms part of a stone cottage situated in the village of Castletown which is on the North Coast 500. Its high ceilings, original wooden shutters and cottage garden (grassed area outside the main garden provides space for dogs’ exercise) all add to its charm. Four miles of sandy beach adjoins the fishing harbour 800 yards from the property. Sea angling and loch fishing are available. Known for its unspoilt beaches and wide variety of wildlife and, at certain times of year, the Northern Lights are visible. Central to many surfing locations, golf courses, fishing and the Castle of Mey (8 miles). Take a day-trip to the Orkney Isles. An all weather short mat bowling green is available for guests to use. Shop, pub and restaurant 200 yards.£38From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Rosemarkie, ScotlandEnjoying a peaceful rural setting on the outskirts of Rosemarkie on the beautiful Black Isle, these detached properties have been equipped and furnished to ensure as relaxing and enjoyable holiday as possible. The Black Isle makes a perfect base for exploring the many delights of the Northern Highlands. Visit the lovely fishing villages along the Moray Coast or take a distillery tour along the Moray Whisky Trail. Inverness, the Highland capital, Loch Ness and Culloden Battlefield are just a short drive and the stunning West Coast is a fantastic day out. The many activities in the area include mountain biking, golf, water sports and boat trips, quad biking, walking and climbing, to name just a few. For the less energetic, sit back, relax and watch the ever changing vistas. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£62From price per night based on 7 night stay