- Perth, Scotland
Dating back to the 17th century, Murrayshall Country Estate is a charming property set among 365 acres of rolling Perthshire countryside. Formerly home to Lord Lynedoch, it boasts breath-taking view and has been modernised several times over the years to become the luxury boutique hotel it is today.£215Price per night from
- ScotlandAlexander House is striking. It’s a large property set in a prominent position overlooking Gleneagles and the Perthshire Hills. The house is split into two wings for self-catering holidays. The East Wing is the larger of the two halves of the house and offers a very high standard of accommodation. It’s luxurious throughout and presents a truly special holiday opportunity. It is very comfortable for eight people but caters for up to thirteen. The East Wing is split over three floors, with six bedrooms and five bathrooms.
You enter the East Wing on the ground floor and arrive at the magnificent dining hall which hosts a beautiful circular table ideal for special occasions. The staircase to the first floor leads up from the dining hall, but first, you’re drawn through to more of the ground floor. The inviting drawing room lures you in with its muted reds and green velvets. It’s a spacious room with a large open fire. It also has a cards table and a games cupboard. It’s a space you will want to spend a lot of time in.
Beyond the drawing room is another fantastic space, a huge double-aspect open-plan kitchen, living and dining room. For more relaxed meals it’s here you’ll want to eat because there’s a huge scrubbed pine table. The living space is very comfortable and where the 50” TV is found. The kitchen has everything you’ll want to cook up a storm for relaxed fare or special suppers. The truly special element of this room though is the light coming in from the south-facing courtyard on one side and the expansive views to the north on the other. The design of the room is sublime.
Back to the staircase and up to the first floor you go. This floor is dedicated to sleeping quarters. There are four en-suite bedrooms. A huge kingsize master suite with a lovely large bathroom hosting a freestanding bath. Another kingsize double room with a sleigh bed. And two zip-and-link twin/double rooms. Up again to the second floor and there are two further bedrooms. A twin room and a triple room. There’s also a family bathroom as well as an extra seating area on the landing with a TV. Back down to the ground floor, access to the courtyard from the drawing room and open-plan kitchen, living and dining room. The courtyard is a special space because it’s very sheltered, surprisingly warm and has a heated swimming pool and a hot tub. The rest of the grounds are shared with those in the West Wing which makes up the other half of the spectacular Alexander House.
It’s a spectacular property albeit with a slightly characterful layout. It offers luxury throughout and would make an ideal base for a family exploring this historic part of Scotland. It will also be a fine choice for those looking to golf at nearby Gleneagles and other quality courses in the area. There are also several estates in the area that offer field sports. And for those that simply like to go for a walk or ride their bicycles, you’ll be spoilt for choice of routes.
Located close to the popular town of Aucterarder, minutes from the world-famous Gleneagles, and the charming town of Crieff all nestled in the heart of Scotland’s stunning countryside, offering a perfect blend of natural beauty, rich history, and luxurious amenities. Aucterarder, often affectionately called "Auchter," is a picturesque town brimming with character. Its historic high street is lined with quaint shops, cafes, and traditional Scottish architecture.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 29 guests.£381From price per night based on 7 night stay
- ScotlandEagle Cottage is a superb three bedroom property, close to Gleneagles making it an ideal base for keen golfers and outdoor enthusiasts. The property itself is nestled within its own 40-acre woodland and shares the space with only one other cottage, which is right next door. Eagle Cottage is a semi-detached bungalow offering a great place for families or friends looking to holiday in Perthshire. The property is made up of three bedrooms, the master of which a super kingsize, zip and link bed, complete with an en-suite shower room. The open plan kitchen/living/dining space has two large three-seat sofas making it the perfect room to relax in after a long day either on the golf course or out exploring the local area. The kitchen area is set-up perfectly for guests to rustle up hearty meals after long days out exploring. From everywhere in the space you have windows with views to the surrounding woodland where you will spot many species of bird, red deer, red squirrels and the striking pine marten. Outside of the property there is a private seating area with garden furniture, and the surrounding 40-acre woodland.
Eagle Cottage is also a brilliant place to stay for simply a relaxing holiday and exploring the local area. With the historic centres of Stirling and Perth nearby, as well Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Par, there is so much to see and do to make for an outstanding holiday. Perth Racecourse is well worth a visit on race day and Scone Palace is a popular visitor attraction. Rural Perthshire is an outdoor enthusiasts dream with many golfing, hiking, climbing, mountain biking and field sports opportunities on the doorstep. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.
Eagle Cottage can be booked together with Birdie Cottage (ref UK31564) to accommodate up to 12 guests.£80From price per night based on 7 night stay
- ScotlandMuirton Park located in a private residential road has been lovingly refurbished to a very high standard, with quality finishes and a fresh modern décor throughout. This lovely detached two storey house, surrounded by a large enclosed garden is set in the enviable position of being on the doorstep of the charming village of Auchterarder, home to the world famous Gleneagles Hotel and Golf resort, with its three golf courses. Auchterarder has a wide selections of shops on offer from the local baker and butcher to a great selection of coffee shops, pubs and restaurants to choose from.
On entering the property, you will find at ground floor level a good size cosy living room with a real log fire-effect gas fire with ample seating space for all to enjoy a family film on the flat screen TV. To the right of the living room is the master bedroom with its king size bed and five-star mattress and bedding. You will enjoy mealtimes in the newly fitted modern kitchen, leading to the spacious dining area in the conservatory, where you can sit and watch the sun while relaxing and reading a book. Along the corridor you will find a wet room with under floor heating and a large utility room. If you are bringing your furry friends, we do ask that they make themselves comfortable and sleep in the utility room, please.Upstairs on the first floor are the remaining two good sized bedrooms, plus a family bathroom. Nice, clean and modern.
This area has so much to offer should you ever get bored of playing golf. There is a variety of outdoor pursuits to choose from and for those winter months, the ski slopes of Glenshee can be reached in about an hour and a half by car to the north. Edinburgh and Glasgow can be reached in under an hour and provide large city amenities, cultural activity, retail and airports to internal destinations.£214From price per night based on 7 night stay
- ScotlandGlenorchy Cottage is one of four white cottages in the heart of the village of Braco. A peaceful village with a vibrant coffee shop and local amenities. It is the perfect base for discovering the surrounding countryside and the many walks on the doorstep. Not forgetting to mention, Gleneagles Golf Club is also less than a 10-minute drive away. This relaxing two-bedroom property has been loving restored and decorated throughout with cosy, comfortable features and furnishings. Ideal for those wanting to get away and relax or just sit by the wood burner during the colder months. The living room is open plan with a fully functional kitchen and a dining area to enjoy your meals. The master bedroom is bright and spacious, with great views over the Ochil Hills and plenty of storage space. The second bedroom faces the rear of the property overlooking the gardens. There is a good-sized private garden area at the back of the property, which shares a driveway with the neighbour next door. The driveway is not used and is enclosed. The neighbours have the right of way to their adjoining property, but they do not have access to the garden. The charming village of Braco is set quietly in stunning South Perthshire countryside a couple of miles off the A9 and on the tourist route to Crieff. Auchterarder and Dunblane are a short drive away and easy access to Stirling, Glasgow, Edinburgh and beyond. Indeed a lovely village to come and enjoy a relaxing break.£63From price per night based on 7 night stay
- ScotlandYou will feel right at home at Riverview Lodge with its quality furnishings and fixtures. Enjoy a relaxing stay any time of the year. The open plan living space offers a bright and airy ambience. Patio doors from the living area lead to a lovely decking area where you can relax and read a book, or in the colder months you can snuggle up beside the lovely fireplace. You will sleep well at Riverview Lodge with it’s beautifully decorated bedrooms, the master bedroom has a lovely dressing area and an en-suite bathroom, and there is also a double bedroom and a twin bedroom, as well as a family shower room. You can bring your dog to explore the 100 acres of woodland on your doorstep, with private fishing available on the river which runs through the estate.
For the more adventurous, the area has much to offer including cycling and hill walking in the Ochil Hills, Auchterarder golf course and the championship Gleneagles course just a short drive away. There is also an equestrian centre, falconry centre and shooting school to enjoy. After a busy day, enjoy a delicious meal at Restaurant Andrew Fairlie, a 2 Michelin star dining experience. The Royal Burgh of Auchterarder has a 1½ mile long high street, which offers a fine selection of quality independent shops, galleries, cafés and restaurants.
For those who enjoy learning the local culture and history, there are many castles, historic houses and gardens to choose from including Stirling Castle, Doune Castle and Drummond Castle Gardens. There are three whisky distilleries and visitor attractions close by, and with Crieff, Perth and Stirling only a short drive away, you’ll never be stuck for things to do. Just over an hour away are the cosmopolitan cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. If you prefer to leave the car behind, the local railway station provides links to all major towns and cities.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- ScotlandElla Rose Bothy is a fantastic, charming cottage right in the heart of Auchterarder. If you have heard the saying never judge a book by its cover, it would be referring to this beautiful, lovingly restored cottage. Ella Rose Bothy (Bothy meaning refuge) has its own lovely story to tell and on entering you feel as if you have been transported to a cottage in the middle of the countryside, and not one with lovely local shops and restaurants on your doorstep, and just minutes from the glitz and glamour of Gleneagles.
This charming three-bedroom cottage is all on one level and can sleep a family of five or a group of friends. Furnished and decorated throughout to a very goof standard, you will enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stay here. Ella Rose Bothy really is a hidden gem.
As you enter the cottage there is a lovely little entrance with a place to hang your coats and a great shoe cupboard to place your walking boots and shoes. To the right there is a choice of three bedrooms, a double, a twin and a single bedroom. Turn left and you enter the living room where you can relax by the fire on an evening after a visit to the historic market town of Crieff or a round of golf. Step up into the brand-new kitchen which has been designed with much love and in keeping with the charm and character of the cottage. The lovely dining area looks out on to the private cottage garden, the perfect place for relaxing. The bathroom has a free-standing bath and a shower cubicle. If you are looking for a cosy comfy stay with a touch of grandeur, then this is the perfect place for you.
Auchterarder is a lovely village with the longest main street in Scotland, which runs for over a mile! Home to the 5-star Gleneagles, there are three fantastic golf courses. Browse some great unique shops in the village and stop off for a bite to eat in one of the many cafés or tearooms. The attractive and bustling town of Crieff is just 20-minute drive away where you will find a wide range of family-run businesses offering the best of food and drink, clothing, gifts, crafts and arts. Over the past years Crieff has built a reputation for fine food with an amazing choice of cafés, coffee shops and restaurants for fine or casual dining. A popular destination for tourists, Crieff’s attractions include the Caithness Glass Visitor Centre and The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, and the very popular Crieff Hydro. Drive through Crieff and within 10 minutes you will find yourself at the entrance to The Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park where you can visit picturesque villages and be mesmerised by the stunning landscapes. Perth can be reached in 25 minutes and Dundee 45 minutes, both great must-see places. Pub and restaurant ½ mile.£138From price per night based on 7 night stay
- ScotlandLang Toun Hoose is the nickname for the longest street in the charming popular village of Auchterarder, where you will find this fantastic three-bedroom modern house, decorated throughout with a modern quality finish.
Bright and spacious, this is the perfect place to come and stay with the family, great for a group of friends or golfers looking to play at some of the world’s most famous golf courses, one of them being Gleneagles, 5 minutes away.
As you enter the property you will be welcomed by a hallway with toilet/cloaks, spacious living room, followed by a lovely kitchen/dining area, well-equipped with everything you need to enjoy your holiday.
Heading upstairs you have the choice of three comfortable bedrooms. One offering a kingsize bed with en-suite facilities, the second is a double bedroom and the third with twin beds, perfect for teenagers. The master bathroom comes with a bath and overhead shower. Outside there is a sheltered, large and bright patio area with table and seating ready to enjoy relaxing and eating al-fresco.
Auchterarder is a lovely village with the longest main street in Scotland, which runs for over a mile! Home to the 5-star Gleneagles, there are three fantastic golf courses. Browse some great unique shops in the village and stop off for a bite to eat in one of the many cafés or tearooms.
The attractive and bustling town of Crieff is just 20-minute drive away where you will find a wide range of family-run businesses offering the best of food and drink, clothing, gifts, crafts, and arts. Over the past years Crieff has built a reputation for fine food with an amazing choice of cafés, coffee shops and restaurants for fine or casual dining. A popular destination for tourists, Crieff’s attractions include the Caithness Glass Visitor Centre and The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery, and the very popular Crieff Hydro.
Drive through Crieff and within 10 minutes you will find yourself at the entrance to The Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park where you can visit picturesque villages and be mesmerised by the stunning landscapes. Perth can be reached in 25 minutes and Dundee 45 minutes, both great must-see places. Pub and restaurant ½ mile.£114From price per night based on 7 night stay
- ScotlandTormaukin House is a chance to take over your own quintessentially Scottish country inn and create special memories with your friends and family. Nestled in a beautiful glen, the inn enjoys the best of both worlds as it’s minutes away from the world famous golf resort of Gleneagles, and in easy reach of Perth, Stirling the gateway to the Highlands, the historic city of Edinburgh and the cosmopolitan city of Glasgow.
This ten-bedroom drover’s inn, dating from the 1720s, sleeps up to 21 guests, perfect for family holidays, reunions and celebrations, corporate getaways, and weddings. Play the pub landlord/landlady, with the inn’s authentic old pub bar and its working pumps which can be set up for you on request, with your draught beer of choice or enjoy its vast selection of spirits.
There are ten bedrooms at Tormaukin House. Seven of these are in the upstairs of the main house and have either double or kingsize beds. Each bedroom is uniquely decorated in boutique-style, and come with televisions, tea, and coffee facilities, and en-suite bathrooms with either a shower or bath. The remaining three bedrooms are an annexe next to the building and are dog-friendly, all have their own private and lockable entrance, and have en-suite bathrooms with over-bath showers.
The Tormaukin boasts versatile entertaining spaces, including a cosy living room, the Whisky Room, with a wood burner, Smart TV, and a mini library, and upon request the owners can also set up a whisky bar here. The billiards living room has an antique pool table, a vintage games table and darts board, perfect for game tournaments. The dining room is grand and traditional, with original exposed stone walls, roaring fire, and beautiful brass antiques. The garden room is a large bright conservatory leading out onto the patio area, ideal for breakfasting or can be transformed easily into a perfect dance floor.
Guests will have access to the main kitchen of the house, which has been retained as commercial style to be able to cater for large groups. To make your holiday effortless, guests could enjoy their own private chef, whether for breakfast, lunches, or dinners, from classic grub to celebratory three-course dinners or Scottish tasting menus. With the standards of local produce, this highly recommended, especially if your stay is celebratory.
On nicer days, guests will enjoy the outside seating areas which in the summer will be covered by an awning and a gazebo. There are riverside meadow walks straight through the glen within just a few minutes’ walk. You’ll captivated by Glendevon, ‘Scotland’s secret glen’, its reservoirs and woodlands, nestled in the gorgeous scenery of the Ochil Hills, with walks suitable for any level of fitness. Upon booking Tormaukin House the owners will be in touch with the additional services available for your stay, including chef catering and bar services, event planning or décor, and any extras if your stay is celebration based.£582From price per night based on 7 night stay