Explore Scotland's dog-friendly destinations for an ideal holiday with your four-legged friend. Whether it's a quaint hotel, cosy cottage, B&B, or a charming country house, find the perfect spot for a short break with your pooch. Discover stunning Scottish landscapes and create lasting memories on your next adventure.
- Buckie, ScotlandJust 100 yards from the seafront in Portessie, and an additional 200 yards to the sandy beach, dating from 1863 this traditional, detached sail-makers cottage enjoys sea views from the bedrooms and the decked area, and views of Seal Island from the twin bedroom. Comfortable and cosy, it is situated just a short stroll from the harbour and beach with rock pools. With attention to detail, the kitchen and downstairs bathroom have been renovated to a good standard and the property benefits from the downstairs windows having shutters. You will receive a refreshment welcome pack upon arrival and not forgetting your four-legged friends too, they will also have a doggy welcome pack waiting. This coastline’s stunning scenery, charming fishing villages and picturesque harbours invite exploration, and at Buckie harbour there are local boat trips offering a chance to spot dolphins, whales or seals. Ideally located to reach the many golf courses dotted around the area. Just 5 minutes’ walk behind the cottage lies miles of disused railway line, which has now been converted for cycling and dog walking adventures. There is on-site parking for 1 car and additional on road parking on the seafront (with no restrictions). The world famous Whisky and Castle trails are nearby. Shop and restaurant 500 yards, pub 350 yards.£80From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dunkeld, ScotlandThese three properties are situated in a peaceful wooded area with walks right from the doorstep and numerous roe deer around, yet only 2½ miles from the village of Dunkeld with its shops, ancient fountain and cathedral. Osprey Cottage (ref 15885) has been converted to create a super holiday retreat with rugs on polished wooden floors upstairs in the living areas, and cosy bedrooms below. Heather Croft (ref 26213) is a detached bungalow nearby, cleverly designed by the owners with lots of windows to maximize views of the surrounding countryside. The But ‘n’ Ben (ref 28139) is a charming converted barn for two. An ideal choice whatever the weather. Next door to Dunkeld is Birnam, home of the Beatrix Potter exhibition and where there are riverside walks along the Tay. An 18-hole golf course is 1½ miles away beside the Loch of Lowes Wildlife Reserve. There are walks and cycle tracks in the bordering forest. Fishing locally. Shops and pubs 2½ miles.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Meigle, ScotlandThis lovely, semi-detached holiday property is in a peaceful, rural setting, overlooking the Sidlaw Hills in the Vale of Strathmore. Explore walking in the beautiful Angus Glens or play golf locally at Alyth and Rosemount or St Andrews, Carnoustie and Gleneagles, all well within an hour’s drive. Cycling, fishing and tennis nearby. Glenshee ski resort is about 25 miles and Glamis Castle, Scone Palace, Edinburgh, Perth and the Highlands are within easy driving distance. Shops and pubs 1½ miles.£51From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perth and Kinross, ScotlandSet in a glorious semi-rural location and accessed via a stone chipped driveway, this most attractive semi-detached cottage welcomes you with a complimentary cream tea on arrival. It boasts uninterrupted views from the arched window in the living area over the grounds of the owner’s property towards the panorama of the Obney hills beyond. Curl up with a hot drink or glass of wine in front of the wood burner after a day out exploring the charms and breath-taking scenery of Perthshire, or cook up a storm in the well equipped kitchen. The cottage is attached to the owner’s house but is completely private with its own enclosed patio area to the front.
The village of Bankfoot is only 1½ miles away with a very good historic inn serving food and real ales as well as local shops and a renowned visitor centre. The pretty town of Dunkeld and neighbouring Birnam is worth a visit for riverside walks and also the Beatrix Potter Museum. The Fair City of Perth is just 10 minutes away and offers excellent shopping and dining facilities as well as parks, cinema and theatre attractions. Other places to visit are Pitlochry 25 minutes, Dunkled 10 minutes with Aberfeldy being the furthest away 35 minutes.
Scone Palace and racecourse are 13 miles away and Edinburgh, St Andrews and Stirling an hour’s drive through stunning scenery. Little Harrowfield will make an excellent base from which to visit the surrounding countryside with its abundance of walks, cycling, fishing, golf and history. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£57From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Aberfeldy, ScotlandSituated within the grounds of the spectacular 16th century Castle Menzies, this superb stone cottage offers spacious holiday accommodation, spectacular castle views and private access to the walled garden of the castle. Tastefully decorated, it is ideal for exploring Perthshire. Castle Menzies stands north of the River Tay at Weem, close to Aberfeldy. There are many activities including walking and cycling trails, horse riding, water sports on Loch Tay, fishing and golf including Gleneagles, just a short drive. Edinburgh and Perth are accessible by car. Shops 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£67From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Pitlochry, ScotlandThis cosy, detached cottage is set in the small town of Pitlochry and offers an excellent holiday base for touring Perthshire, with the attractive towns of Blairgowrie, Dunkeld and Aberfeldy within easy reach. Glenshee, Scotland’s largest ski resort, is one hour away and a short walk from the cottage will give you a choice of bars, restaurants and shops. The property is just a few minutes from the River Tummel, famous for its salmon fishing. On the outskirts of the town lies an 18 hole golf course with wonderful views across the Tummel Valley. For family entertainment, the Pitlochry Festival Theatre is a must, Faskally Woods and Pitlochry Putting Green are also worth a visit. There are plenty of country walks and cycle paths with lots of wildlife to look out for including deer, wild birds and red squirrels. The historic town of Perth is only 26 miles away. Shop and restaurant 200 yards, pub 300 yards.£107From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Crianlarich, ScotlandA delightful end-terrace cottage in Tyndrum amidst spectacular scenery in the Scottish Highlands. Cosy accommodation in popular village. Ideal for walking and cycling. Crianlarich 5 miles.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Blairgowrie, ScotlandBeautiful terraced farm cottage near Blairgowrie and surrounded by stunning Perthshire scenery. Superb base for exploring and ideal for fishing, walking, cycling and golf. Catering available. Blairgowrie 5 miles.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Aberfeldy, ScotlandCosy semi-detached cottage in Weem. Near Aberfeldy, in stunning scenery in Highland Perthshire. Ideal for walking, cycling and near Loch Tay watersports. Aberfeldy 1 mile. Pitlochry 15 miles.£95From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Perth, ScotlandCharming, first floor converted stable block cottage near Scone, in beautiful Perthshire. WiFi. Pet-friendly. Tennis courts and formal gardens. Ideal for exploring Perthshire and central Scotland. Scone 1.2 miles.£56From price per night based on 7 night stay