Dog-friendly Hotels Dumfries and Galloway
Dramatic coastlines, sandy beaches and an abundance of wonderful woodlands make Dumfries and Galloway one of the most spectacular parts of lowland Scotland. With popular pet friendly hotels, you'll find Dumfries and Galloway an ideal spot for dog owners.
- Gatehouse of Fleet, ScotlandSet in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just 3 miles from sandy beaches, this spacious and comfortable detached house is set in an acre of secluded, gently sloping gardens. The area offers cycling, sailing, swimming, fishing, golf, tennis, riding, bird-watching, historical sites and many forest and woodland walks. The house is well-positioned for visits to the artists’ town of Kirkcudbright, the market and ’food’ town of Castle Douglas and the scenic Galloway Forest Park, Isle of Whithorn and Mull of Galloway. Shops and pub ½ mile. Scottish Letting Licence DG00136F.£122From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Colvend, ScotlandBengairn is a delightful lodge situated in a small select group of 10 similar properties, with open views over Colvend Golf Course, the local hills, and the Solway Firth, with the Lake District in the distance. It is beautifully presented, cosy, and inviting. The scenery is stunning, so why not take advantage of this from your very own balcony? You will probably be disturbed only by a glimpse of the odd badger, deer, or red squirrel! If you are feeling a little more energetic then stroll through the golf course to the beautiful Sandyhills Beach which is under 1 mile away. Your dogs are very welcome to this lovely lodge and we are certain they too will enjoy the walk to the beach!
Bengairn is easily accessible to everything this lovely corner of Dumfries and Galloway has to offer from the picturesque little villages of Sandyhills, Kippford, and Rockcliffe, where you can discover some of the 200 miles of stunning and dramatic coastline with secluded little bays and sandy beaches. Visit the many historical sites in the area such as Threave Castle, described as the most romantic place in Galloway, and to reach it, ring the bell at the jetty and the custodian ferries you by rowing boat over to the island! This area is also home to supreme mountain biking, challenging hill walks, and without a doubt some of the darkest skies in the world.
Visit the local towns of Dalbeattie, Castle Douglas, and Kirkcudbright with their variety of niche shops, art galleries, and excellent restaurants. Castle Douglas, the ‘Food Town’, has around fifty local businesses either selling or producing food. A visit to Kirkcudbright during their summer festivities is not to be missed with events such as the colourful Jazz Festival, the Riding of the Marches, and the spectacular Tattoo.
So whether it’s a relaxing holiday you are after, or something just a little more energetic, we have something for everyone. Shop 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£60From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stranraer, ScotlandRefurbished in March 2018 and set amidst open countryside on a small holding, this cosy cottage has a carefully designed interior which offers all modern conveniences. Located close to the start of the Southern Upland Way, the cottage is perfect for those enjoy walking and cycling. Locally there is a leisure centre and a swimming pool and the area also boasts four golf courses, golf range and the coastal resort of Stranraer with a good selection of shops and day trips to Ireland is close by. With a mild Gulf Stream climate, there are plenty of pretty gardens to visit including Logan Botanical Gardens, Ardwell House Gardens and Castle Kennedy which is famous for its rhododendron and azalea collections. The scenic fishing village of Port Patrick is just 6 miles away. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£56From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stranraer, ScotlandSet amidst open countryside on a small holding, this cosy cottage has a carefully designed interior which offers all modern conveniences. Located close to the start of the Southern Upland Way, the cottages are perfect for those enjoy walking and cycling. Locally there is a leisure centre and a swimming pool and the area also boasts four golf courses, golf range and the coastal resort of Stranraer with a good selection of shops and day trips to Ireland is close by. With a mild Gulf Stream climate, there are plenty of pretty gardens to visit including Logan Botanical Gardens, Ardwell House Gardens and Castle Kennedy which is famous for its Rhododendron and Azalea collections. The scenic village of Portpatrick is just 6 miles away. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.£56From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Annan, ScotlandThis beautiful 19th century historic property, with spacious rooms, has been sympathetically renovated to retain many of its original features whilst providing a luxury holiday location whatever your needs. With an accessible kitchen with rise and fall counters x-y ceiling track hoists in two of the five large bedrooms and one wet room, electric profiling beds in three bedrooms, two large specialised wet rooms with level-access showers, low level basin and emergency pull chord alarm system, not to mention the lift, this house caters for everyone no matter what their everyday needs may be. The house and grounds were built on the moat bank of an 11th century Motte-and-bailey castle, the original seat of the ’De Brus’ family who were the ancestors of ’Robert the Bruce’ who was featured in the iconic film ’Braveheart’. The other side of the moat bank can still be seen from the peaceful sensory garden.
The Moat House is only a very short walk from the main street of Annan where you can enjoy a range of pubs and restaurants, or take in a film at the local cinema. There is plenty to do in the area with forests and coastal walks. There are lots of castles to explore in Dumfries and Galloway but Caerlaverock Castle is particularly interesting being a moated, triangular castle. In comparison though Drumlanrig Castle is a very impressive building with 120 rooms, 17 turrets and towers, and it is equally stunning inside, being filled with beautiful French furniture and an art collection which includes Rembrandt’s Old Woman Reading. Mabie Farm Park is always popular with families, from feeding farm animals, a ride on the ‘Choo Choo Express’, a gentle paddle around the boating lake to racing quad bikes, there is fun for kids of all sizes. Alternatively Gretna Gateway Outlet Village can provide hours of retail therapy. It was while living and working in nearby Dumfries that JM Barrie befriended a local family, and their adventures inspired him to write Peter Pan, hopefully your family will have equally fantastic adventures on your holidays. Within 5 miles there is coarse and trout fishing (at cost), river fishing (day ticket permit required) and sea fishing (free) all available (rod licence may be required). Beach 1½ miles. Shop and pub 200 yards, restaurant 400 yards.£308From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Stranraer, ScotlandThis spacious, detached cottage sits within 3 acres of gardens and is located 3 miles from the village of Portpatrick, with restaurants, shops and picturesque fishing harbour. Stranraer is also just a short drive away and is a bustling town with fantastic amenities. The Old Schoolhouse is an old, rural family home and has some quirks that add to the charm, and is ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
This beautiful location offers a stunning coastline, sandy beaches, rocky coves and windswept cliffs. The area is a walker’s paradise with everything from gentle walks to challenging hikes on offer, amidst picturesque landscapes.
Wildlife is abundant here, with many unusual species including pine martens, golden eagles, ospreys, red deer, red squirrels and the natterjack toad all to be spotted. The RSPB Mull of Galloway Visitor Centre is home to thousands of nesting birds dotted along the cliffs and is well worth a visit.
Sea fishing from Portpatrick and both trout and salmon fishing can be enjoyed close by. Other country pursuits are available including shooting and horse riding, and golf is available with the Dunskey and Lagganmore courses both close by. Beach 4½ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3 miles.£81From price per night based on 7 night stay