Renowned for being Scotland's sunniest city, Dundee is a fantastic destination for a dog-friendly getaway. With plenty for you and your pooch to see and do, it's no surprise that Dundee attracts many adventurous visitors throughout the year.
- Invergowrie, ScotlandThis extremely well-furnished and designed loft conversion sits in the beautiful grounds of the owner’s property, set apart from the main house and with lovely views from the living area, overlooking the extensive gardens. With an eye for style and comfort throughout it boasts a cosy open plan living space with lovely views over lawns and fruit trees on open plan to a very well equipped kitchen. The kingsize bedroom with en-suite shower room is a light and welcoming space, ideal for unwinding after a days activities.
There is plenty to do within Dundee itself, with numerous shops, theatre, restaurants, not to mention Discovery Point, a 5 star visitor attraction chronicling Captain Scott’s journey to the Antarctic on the research ship Discovery. Wonderful beaches at Tentsmuir, near St Andrews, and further up the coast at Carnoustie, Montrose and Lunan Bay contrast with excellent walking in the Angus Glens and are all within easy reach of the property. There is also easy access to the other cities of Aberdeen and Perth and activities such as horse riding, fishing and sailing are also easily available a short drive away. Beach 12 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3¾ miles.
Grange Loft can be booked together with Grange of Berryhill (UK41534) to accommodate up to 12 guests.£88Price per night from
- The Fiddlers, ScotlandThe Fiddlers Retreat is set in the pretty village of Monikie, on the north-eastern periphery of Dundee and the glorious River Tay Estuary. The house is a beautiful three-bedroom, modern terraced cottage in the heart of the village with dedicated parking. It has been refurbished in 2021 and freshly decorated with stylish furniture and an artisan touch. It is fully equipped to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The Fiddlers Retreat is a stylish and unique home. Set in the heart of the Angus countryside in the village of Monikie, it is ideally situated for touring the east coast of Scotland. Whether you are up for touring or visiting any of Scotland’s finest golf courses; for sea fishing, fly fishing or course angling in some of the best locations this country has to offer, for hillwalking, hiking or munro bagging in our nearby Angus Glens; or are simply visiting the area for a Staycation or City Break, The Fiddlers Retreat will give you the perfect space to come home to after a day’s adventuring.
Situated within a 1-minute walk from the superb Monikie Country Park – a 140 acre park that boasts beautiful woodland, parkland, angling, and water sports with a wide variety of things to see and do – The Fiddlers Retreat is ideally situated only 10 minutes drive from Scotland’s hottest (or at least sunniest!) city – Dundee. Carnoustie Golf is only a 12-minute drive, it’s 15 minutes to Scotacraig, 8 minutes to Monifieth, and only a 30-minute drive to St. Andrews. Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth and Aberdeen are all within easy reach. On the doorstep, Monikie itself has a lovely little coffee shop and a café/restaurant situated in the country park There is a convenience shop only 2 minutes away in the neighbouring village of Wellbank. A few minutes further is the seaside town of Monifieth that has amenities of all kinds. The Fiddlers Retreat is suitable for families, holiday-makers, retreats and sport enthusiasts alike. Bespoke Golf Tours can be accommodated at an additional charge directly with the owner.£94Price per night from
- Bonnyton Rd, ScotlandGreenford Farm is a stunning, detached converted farmhouse sitting in an elevated position in rolling open countryside, yet just 7 miles from Dundee. Completely refurbished from the bare bones of the original farmhouse, the property has been carefully restored to offer a cosy, yet spacious and convivial holiday home, with a large open plan living/dining area and kitchen. The double sided wood burner provides a focal point in both the living area and the lovely sun room, which has wonderful panoramic views over the surrounding countryside. Enjoy an alfresco drink or meal on the extensive patio to the front of the house, or relax in the sun in the garden area to the side.
This picturesque corner of Angus is an unspoilt delight and keen walkers can enjoy easy access to the Sidlaw path network. Auchterhouse Hill is an ideal starting point for those looking for a walk in the Sidlaws, providing panoramic views over Dundee, The Firth of Tay and beyond into the Kingdom of Fife. There are plenty of leisure and retail opportunities in the area. The city of Dundee has numerous shops, a theatre, restaurants and not to mention Discovery Point, a 5 star visitor attraction chronicling Captain Scott’s journey to the Antarctic on the research ship Discovery and the much lauded V & A Museum. Wonderful beaches at Tentsmuir, near St Andrews, and further up the coast at Carnoustie (home to the 2007 British Open), Montrose and Lunan Bay contrast with excellent walking in the Angus Glens and are all within easy reach of the property.£89Price per night from
- Invergowrie, ScotlandThis is a stunning family house set in 4 acres of extensive lawned grounds, complete with own tennis court, private hot tub and summer house. What a lovely place to spend a memorable holiday with family or friends, just relaxing in the beautifully furnished interior after a dip in the hot tub, or enjoying an al fresco meal on the patio overlooking the sweeping views. Inside, the rooms are elegantly furnished with comfort firmly in mind and the large dining kitchen is a brilliant place to gather and plan your next day out. The house is in an elevated position just south west of Dundee surrounded by rural farmland so you get a real sense of being away from it all, yet are within very easy reach of the cosmopolitan city and its many attractions.
There is plenty to do within Dundee itself, with numerous shops, theatre, restaurants, not to mention the renowned V&A, Scotland’s Design Museum and Discovery Point, a 5 star visitor attraction chronicling Captain Scott’s journey to the Antarctic on the research ship Discovery. Wonderful beaches at Tentsmuir, near St Andrews, and further up the coast at Carnoustie, Montrose and Lunan Bay contrast with excellent walking in the Angus Glens and are all within easy reach of the property. There is also easy access to the other cities of Aberdeen and Perth and activities such as horse riding, fishing and sailing are also easily available a short drive away. Beach 12 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 3¾ miles.
Grange of Berryhill (UK41534) can be booked together with Grange Loft (UK31594) to accommodate up to 12 guests.£259Price per night from
- Marine Parade, ScotlandScardroy Dundee is a modern, ground floor, two bedroom apartment in a fantastic location by the River Tay. Surprisingly quiet, yet only around a 7-minute walk to the city centre, the apartment is perfect for up to four in the two bedrooms. The master bedroom is fitted as a kingsize bed, and has a view to courtyard and an en-suite shower room, whilst the second double bedroom enjoys views of the river. There is also the family bathroom in addition to the en-suite. The fully fitted kitchen has everything you’d need for your stay, however, given the excellent central location, guests are more likely to enjoy the restaurants and cafés in the city centre. The warm, bright living room has lovely views of the river and Tay Bridge. This peaceful, yet central, apartment is the perfect place to relax and base yourselves for enjoying this fabulous vibrant city. The property has all the ’mod-cons’ you’d expect and the added bonus of private parking.
The city of Dundee has dramatically changed over recent years and has become one of Scotlands most exciting cities. The former industrial harbour area is now a watersport centre, hosts the iconic V&A Museum and is home to Discovery - a rather famous historic ship. Within the city centre there are a variety of bars and restaurants that will suit every taste, and the shopping is excellent. Take day trips across the river to Fife and spend an afternoon enjoying the world famous golf course at St Andrews. Whatever the reason for your stay, Scardroy Dundee will be a great place to base yourself. Beach 4½ miles.£175Price per night from