The spectacular Scottish capital is full of things to see and do. With an abundance of cultural attractions, unique architecture and beautiful winding streets, Edinburgh is the pawfect place to take your canine companion on a dog friendly holiday.
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThis ground floor holiday apartment is situated in an historic building looking out to the ancient harbour on the River Almond and the tiny islands in the River Forth. With easy access into Edinburgh city centre and over the Forth Bridge to Fife and Perthshire. Discover many walks from the doorstep; across a tidal causeway to Cramond Island, along the river past tumbling falls or along the long sandy beach, this is the ideal spot for a relaxing break.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThe Tunturi is in a very private location with beautiful views over open countryside. It is set in a small, family run holiday park surrounded by fields and majestic Scots Pine woodland, providing a quiet and friendly environment where you can relax and children can play safely. This attractive, two storey detached lodge isn’t just nice to look at but internally the practical and cosy space has many features that will make your stay more enjoyable. The wonderful open plan living space has the most fabulous view and a wood pellet burning stove that will very quickly draw an ’Ahhh’ as you sit and relax after a busy day enjoying the plethora of activities that are nearby. One of the bedrooms is on the ground floor and has a kingsize bed. The other, almost galleried bedroom, is on the upper floor and has a kingsize and additional single bed, and enjoys the same panoramic view as the living area. There is a shower room upstairs and one on the ground floor too; the lower one has a private sauna for 4 and again adds an enjoyable feature to enhance your experience. The kitchen provides everything you’ll need to either prepare something quick for the kids or spend some time and effort making something special.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. You’re not far from the local bars, cafés and restaurants within Linlithgow or even in Livingston. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThis beautiful country cottage, built of honey coloured stone in 1807, is located at the foot of the Pentland Hills, just south of Edinburgh and north of the small pretty village of West Linton. Ideally suited for families or two couples, this fabulous, traditional property has been completely refurbished and renovated in 2022. It is perfectly positioned for enjoying the wonderful local walking and stunning scenery, but also has easy access for popping into Edinburgh or enjoying other local attractions.
The conservatory will be a welcome space whether you choose to kick back with a coffee, read a story, have a snooze or simply open the door and enjoy the views onto the Pentland Hills. The living room is a cosy space for when things get a little chilly, with a welcoming open fire (quintessential in a traditional country cottage) to toast your toes on a cold winter day. The kitchen, which was completely updated in 2022, is finished to a very good standard, and guests can prepare and enjoy meals after a day out or put together something special to be enjoyed as a family or small group. The three bedrooms are fitted as a double room with kingsize bed, a twin room and a smaller third bedroom with full size bunks. There’s a family bathroom with over bath shower, and unusually also a full three-piece shower room, meaning no waiting for showers and baths after sleeping in and rushing out the front door! There is an enclosed garden to the rear, and in front of the house a large field which guests are free to enjoy, with wild and domestic plants and trees in abundance. Beach 17 miles.£132From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ratho, ScotlandHidden away among lovely beech trees and with views from the terrace of the attractive Union Canal, The Coach House is a perfect base from which to explore Edinburgh. Stone-built and detached, it is set within the extensive grounds of the owners’ home on the edge of a village where a good pub, local shops and an opportunity to take a canal cruise can be found. For keen walkers there is good hill walking in the Pentland Hills Regional Park. Glasgow, Perthshire, Fife and the Borders and, of course, the beautiful city of Edinburgh are all within easy access. Golf close by. Guests receive 10% discount in the owner’s award winnning pub, 5 minutes’ walk. Shops ½ mile.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSet in an enviable position, looking out to the river front harbour and scattered islands in the Firth of Forth in historic Cramond village. This delightful holiday cottage is part of a B listed, 1605 grain store with river views from the open-plan kitchen and two of the bedrooms, and offers contemporary comfort and style in abundance. It has main door access from a flight of steps linking the harbour to the street above, and has a gallery bistro below – perfect for a leisurely breakfast by the riverside. Easy access into Edinburgh city centre, approximately 20 minutes by bus for fantastic range of galleries, theatres and restaurants. Go over the Forth Bridge to explore Fife and Perthshire, or south into the Scottish Borders. Enjoy strolling along the beach, across the tidal causeway to Cramond Island or along to the waterfalls on the River Almond. Golfing enthusiasts will enjoy a trip to Royal Burgess Golfing Society, located nearby. Beach 180 yards. Shop 1 mile, pub serving food 180 yards.£78From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandBuilt in 2020, Alban villa is a beautiful, modern log home with some marvellous views and interesting recreation space. There is a stunning verandah on the first floor leading directly from the master bedroom, which is a beautiful place to eat breakfast or lunch in a unique situation. There are two further bedrooms downstairs. The living room is open plan with fabulous views out to open fields, and on a good day you can see Ben Ledi in the beautiful Trossachs mountains. This is truly a wonderful detached holiday home in which to thoroughly enjoy a relaxing holiday surrounded by the countryside and natural wildlife.
This stunning, modern lodge is not only pretty and interesting to look at but internally the property has many features added to enhance the experience of the guest on their stay. The open space in the living areas are simply superb and with the wood burner, this space will prove to be an enjoyable and comfy place to sit and relax after a day on the go. The prep of meals and being able to enjoy them will be nice for any family or group, since the kitchen has everything you’d expect to be there, whether it’s a case of throwing something quickly together for the children or putting in the time and effort to create something special. With that in mind, remember that Linlithgow and Falkirk are minutes away by car and have a whole host of bars, cafés and restaurants that cater for literally every taste.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities, and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day. Beach 5 miles.£121From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThe Doocot is a beautiful house just moments outside the larger town of Livingston and around 30 minutes from Edinburgh. Comfortably sleeping 10 guest in the 5 bedrooms, three have been fitted as double bedrooms and one has private en-suite facilities. The remaining 2 bedrooms are flexible in that they can either be super kingsize beds or twin beds.£201From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cramond Village, ScotlandYou’d never believe this property was located on the outskirts of the city of Edinburgh. Cramond is one of those hidden secrets which offers a peaceful waterside setting on the banks of the Forth Estuary and is less than 5 miles from the hustle and bustle of the excitement and wonder of Scotland’s capital city.
This fabulous cottage oozes charm and has the most amazing harbour view to the rear. More importantly, it has been fitted and equipped with the guest experience at heart. The two bedrooms will sleep four people comfortably in a double and twin bedroom. The living room has a spacious feel, a living gas flame fireplace and comfy furniture making it the ideal place to retire after a day’s exploring the walks along the riverside or the city centre. The kitchen/dining room has everything needed to prepare and enjoy meals whatever the occasion and at the end of the day the dishwasher will take the strain out of the chores – no need to fight over who washes and who dries up. The shower room has been updated to high standards with a walk in shower and quality sanitaryware.
Within Cramond Village you’ll be pleased to find a bistro at the bottom of the steps next to the cottage, there is also the local café a short walk along the shore front, passing some of the small yet quiet beaches which the kids (and probably the adults too) will love. The historic church is a stone throw away. Local shops and supermarkets, fast food restaurants and the post office are available 1 mile away in both Davidsons Mains and Barnton, and as we mentioned, Edinburgh city centre is easily reached by car, taxi or bus, whether it’s shopping, visiting attractions like the castle or simply enjoying the scenery, bars cafés and restaurants, the city has it all. Beach 100 yards.£86From price per night based on 7 night stay