The spectacular Scottish capital is full of things to see and do. With an abundance of cultural attractions, unique architecture and beautiful winding streets, Edinburgh is the pawfect place to take your canine companion on a dog friendly holiday.
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThis ground floor holiday apartment is situated in an historic building looking out to the ancient harbour on the River Almond and the tiny islands in the River Forth. With easy access into Edinburgh city centre and over the Forth Bridge to Fife and Perthshire. Discover many walks from the doorstep; across a tidal causeway to Cramond Island, along the river past tumbling falls or along the long sandy beach, this is the ideal spot for a relaxing break.£60From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThe Tunturi is in a very private location with beautiful views over open countryside. It is set in a small, family run holiday park surrounded by fields and majestic Scots Pine woodland, providing a quiet and friendly environment where you can relax and children can play safely. This attractive, two storey detached lodge isn’t just nice to look at but internally the practical and cosy space has many features that will make your stay more enjoyable. The wonderful open plan living space has the most fabulous view and a wood pellet burning stove that will very quickly draw an ’Ahhh’ as you sit and relax after a busy day enjoying the plethora of activities that are nearby. One of the bedrooms is on the ground floor and has a kingsize bed. The other, almost galleried bedroom, is on the upper floor and has a kingsize and additional single bed, and enjoys the same panoramic view as the living area. There is a shower room upstairs and one on the ground floor too; the lower one has a private sauna for 4 and again adds an enjoyable feature to enhance your experience. The kitchen provides everything you’ll need to either prepare something quick for the kids or spend some time and effort making something special.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. You’re not far from the local bars, cafés and restaurants within Linlithgow or even in Livingston. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day.£72From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandBuilt in 2020, Alban villa is a beautiful, modern log home with some marvellous views and interesting recreation space. There is a stunning verandah on the first floor leading directly from the master bedroom, which is a beautiful place to eat breakfast or lunch in a unique situation. There are two further bedrooms downstairs. The living room is open plan with fabulous views out to open fields, and on a good day you can see Ben Ledi in the beautiful Trossachs mountains. This is truly a wonderful detached holiday home in which to thoroughly enjoy a relaxing holiday surrounded by the countryside and natural wildlife.
This stunning, modern lodge is not only pretty and interesting to look at but internally the property has many features added to enhance the experience of the guest on their stay. The open space in the living areas are simply superb and with the wood burner, this space will prove to be an enjoyable and comfy place to sit and relax after a day on the go. The prep of meals and being able to enjoy them will be nice for any family or group, since the kitchen has everything you’d expect to be there, whether it’s a case of throwing something quickly together for the children or putting in the time and effort to create something special. With that in mind, remember that Linlithgow and Falkirk are minutes away by car and have a whole host of bars, cafés and restaurants that cater for literally every taste.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities, and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day. Beach 5 miles.£121From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThe Doocot is a beautiful house just moments outside the larger town of Livingston and around 30 minutes from Edinburgh. Comfortably sleeping 10 guest in the 5 bedrooms, three have been fitted as double bedrooms and one has private en-suite facilities. The remaining 2 bedrooms are flexible in that they can either be super kingsize beds or twin beds.£201From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandJust a few minutes drive from the coast and you’ll find this cottage at Seatonhill. Located on a working arable farm the cottage provides the perfect escape combining modern comfort with a taste of country living. Kids will love the tractors working in the fields and from time to time there will even be some animals keeping the grass nice and neat! Just a few minutes drive and the golden sandy beaches of East Lothian can be found with Seton Sands being the closest. The location is excellent for doing some exploring. From the National Museum of Flight just along the road and Edinburgh City Centre around 30 minutes in the car or even less from Longniddry Train Station.
The 3 bedroom cottage is ideal for a family of 5 with two dogs. The 3 bedrooms are comfortable and well presented and have been fitted as one single, one king size and one twin which could be altered to provide a super kingsize. The shower room has a larger double shower base and again has been well finished with a touch of modern style. The living room will prove to be a favourite place for the whole family with the wood burning stove and smart TV - just in case the weather isn’t the nicest! The modern kitchen is well equipped and fitted with appliances including a dishwasher and coffee machine - just to make things that little bit easier. Outside the garden provides a lovely peaceful place for the kids to play and enjoying some sunshine. A BBQ, firepit and garden furniture may make you want to change your plans and simply stay and enjoy the cottage.£76From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSet on a working farm in the fertile West Lothian countryside, just 3 miles from the historic town of Linlithgow and with convenient access to the M9, Edinburgh, 20 miles and Stirling, 24 miles; this is a wonderfully central location with activities for all in easy reach. Tastefully designed with light, space and comfort in mind, The Haymakers is one of five cottages, perfect for families and friends to relax and enjoy this fascinating area. The Haymakers has a beautifully furnished and equipped living area, generous bedrooms and bathrooms. A welcoming wood burner is complemented by eco-friendly ground source heating. The property has plenty of outbuildings for storing bikes, and is surrounded by approximately 2 miles of lovely grassy tracks which take you around the farm, ideal for people and dogs to wander along. The local inn is just a 5 minutes’ walk away and there is a good variety of pubs and restaurants in Linlithgow. The cottage is just half a mile from Junction 3, which is 15 minutes from the airport, or, a mile from Linlithgow which has a train station to Edinburgh, 15 minutes, or Glasgow, 25 minutes. Nearby visit magnificent Hopetoun House, the House of the Binns and Linlithgow Palace. Easy access over the Forth Road Bridge to explore Perthshire or Fife, or west to Stirling Castle or the Trossachs. Beach 3 miles. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 530 yards.£101From price per night based on 7 night stay