The spectacular Scottish capital is full of things to see and do. With an abundance of cultural attractions, unique architecture and beautiful winding streets, Edinburgh is the pawfect place to take your canine companion on a dog friendly holiday.
- Ratho, ScotlandHidden away among lovely beech trees and with views from the terrace of the attractive Union Canal, The Coach House is a perfect base from which to explore Edinburgh. Stone-built and detached, it is set within the extensive grounds of the owners’ home on the edge of a village where a good pub, local shops and an opportunity to take a canal cruise can be found. For keen walkers there is good hill walking in the Pentland Hills Regional Park. Glasgow, Perthshire, Fife and the Borders and, of course, the beautiful city of Edinburgh are all within easy access. Golf close by. Guests receive 10% discount in the owner’s award winnning pub, 5 minutes’ walk. Shops ½ mile.£88Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThe Doocot is a beautiful house just moments outside the larger town of Livingston and around 30 minutes from Edinburgh. Comfortably sleeping 10 guest in the 5 bedrooms, three have been fitted as double bedrooms and one has private en-suite facilities. The remaining 2 bedrooms are flexible in that they can either be super kingsize beds or twin beds.£171Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandJust a few minutes drive from the coast and you’ll find this cottage at Seatonhill. Located on a working arable farm the cottage provides the perfect escape combining modern comfort with a taste of country living. Kids will love the tractors working in the fields and from time to time there will even be some animals keeping the grass nice and neat! Just a few minutes drive and the golden sandy beaches of East Lothian can be found with Seton Sands being the closest. The location is excellent for doing some exploring. From the National Museum of Flight just along the road and Edinburgh City Centre around 30 minutes in the car or even less from Longniddry Train Station.
The 3 bedroom cottage is ideal for a family of 5 with two dogs. The 3 bedrooms are comfortable and well presented and have been fitted as one single, one king size and one twin which could be altered to provide a super kingsize. The shower room has a larger double shower base and again has been well finished with a touch of modern style. The living room will prove to be a favourite place for the whole family with the wood burning stove and smart TV - just in case the weather isn’t the nicest! The modern kitchen is well equipped and fitted with appliances including a dishwasher and coffee machine - just to make things that little bit easier. Outside the garden provides a lovely peaceful place for the kids to play and enjoying some sunshine. A BBQ, firepit and garden furniture may make you want to change your plans and simply stay and enjoy the cottage.£122Price per night from
- Damhead Farm Steadings, ScotlandTigh-nam-Muc is a stone-built cottage which forms part of an 18th-century farm steading. It represents ’the best of both worlds’, set in the countryside yet within very easy access of Edinburgh by bus or by car. The traditional exterior of the cottage is complemented by a comfortable, spacious and bright contemporary interior converted by architect Michael Gray. The cottage has four bedrooms, one with en-suite facilities. The open-plan kitchen, dining and living space provides bright, comfortable accommodation with an open fire and wood burner. There is a TV studio on an upper level from which there are tremendous long views to the Pentlands and the Lammermuir Hills. In addition to the en-suite bathroom, there is another family bathroom with additional laundry space. There is also a boot room for coats and boots at the rear entrance. The private garden which includes a barbecue and garden furniture provides a place for young children to play.
The county of Midlothian is home to countless castles, forts, country houses and gardens ready to be explored. The cottage is located in the countryside but is within 15 minutes’ drive of Edinburgh and its castle, historic centre and multitude of activities, restaurants and shopping. Rosslyn Chapel (featured in the Da Vinci Code) and Roslin Glen are within 1½ miles of the property. For those interested in outdoors and sporting activities, the Pentland Hills within the Country Park are within an easy walk of the cottage and Edinburgh’s reservoirs are available nearby for fishing. A few minutes’ drive away is Hillend ski slope (until recently the longest dry ski slope in Europe) where there are two main slopes for snowboarding, skiing and blading. There are also a dozen golf courses around Edinburgh including the new children and beginners course at Swanston Golf course. The world’s largest indoor climbing arena is 20 minutes’ drive away at Ratho, and fabulous East Lothian beaches and a number of swimming pools are all within easy reach.The Scottish Borders, Fife coastal villages or the delights of Stirling and Perthshire are all easily accessible and make for great day trips. Beach 8 miles.£108Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThis beautiful country cottage, built of honey coloured stone in 1807, is located at the foot of the Pentland Hills, just south of Edinburgh and north of the small pretty village of West Linton. Ideally suited for families or two couples, this fabulous, traditional property has been completely refurbished and renovated in 2022. It is perfectly positioned for enjoying the wonderful local walking and stunning scenery, but also has easy access for popping into Edinburgh or enjoying other local attractions.
The conservatory will be a welcome space whether you choose to kick back with a coffee, read a story, have a snooze or simply open the door and enjoy the views onto the Pentland Hills. The living room is a cosy space for when things get a little chilly, with a welcoming open fire (quintessential in a traditional country cottage) to toast your toes on a cold winter day. The kitchen, which was completely updated in 2022, is finished to a very good standard, and guests can prepare and enjoy meals after a day out or put together something special to be enjoyed as a family or small group. The three bedrooms are fitted as a double room with kingsize bed, a twin room and a smaller third bedroom with full size bunks. There’s a family bathroom with over bath shower, and unusually also a full three-piece shower room, meaning no waiting for showers and baths after sleeping in and rushing out the front door! There is an enclosed garden to the rear, and in front of the house a large field which guests are free to enjoy, with wild and domestic plants and trees in abundance. Beach 17 miles.£102Price per night from