The spectacular Scottish capital is full of things to see and do. With an abundance of cultural attractions, unique architecture and beautiful winding streets, Edinburgh is the pawfect place to take your canine companion on a dog friendly holiday.
- Edinburgh, Scotland
A stylish dog-friendly neighbourhood boutique Hotel, Bar and Restaurant, just 5 minutes from Edinburgh City Centre.£124Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThis ground floor holiday apartment is situated in an historic building looking out to the ancient harbour on the River Almond and the tiny islands in the River Forth. With easy access into Edinburgh city centre and over the Forth Bridge to Fife and Perthshire. Discover many walks from the doorstep; across a tidal causeway to Cramond Island, along the river past tumbling falls or along the long sandy beach, this is the ideal spot for a relaxing break.£67Price per night from
- Ratho, ScotlandHidden away among lovely beech trees and with views from the terrace of the attractive Union Canal, The Coach House is a perfect base from which to explore Edinburgh. Stone-built and detached, it is set within the extensive grounds of the owners’ home on the edge of a village where a good pub, local shops and an opportunity to take a canal cruise can be found. For keen walkers there is good hill walking in the Pentland Hills Regional Park. Glasgow, Perthshire, Fife and the Borders and, of course, the beautiful city of Edinburgh are all within easy access. Golf close by. Guests receive 10% discount in the owner’s award winnning pub, 5 minutes’ walk. Shops ½ mile.£88Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSet in an enviable position, looking out to the river front harbour and scattered islands in the Firth of Forth in historic Cramond village. This delightful holiday cottage is part of a B listed, 1605 grain store with river views from the open-plan kitchen and two of the bedrooms, and offers contemporary comfort and style in abundance. It has main door access from a flight of steps linking the harbour to the street above, and has a gallery bistro below – perfect for a leisurely breakfast by the riverside. Easy access into Edinburgh city centre, approximately 20 minutes by bus for fantastic range of galleries, theatres and restaurants. Go over the Forth Bridge to explore Fife and Perthshire, or south into the Scottish Borders. Enjoy strolling along the beach, across the tidal causeway to Cramond Island or along to the waterfalls on the River Almond. Golfing enthusiasts will enjoy a trip to Royal Burgess Golfing Society, located nearby. Beach 180 yards. Shop 1 mile, pub serving food 180 yards.£118Price per night from
- Cramond Village, ScotlandWith marvellous views of the River Almond and out towards Cramond Island, this beautifully situated terraced holiday property is within a B listed granary built into the slope in 1605. Furnished and decorated to maximise the views, this is a pretty and very comfortable home with beach walks from the doorstep or over the tidal causeway to Cramond Island. Access into Edinburgh by bus takes about 20 minutes where galleries, museums and refreshments of every variety can be found. Conveniently, the local pub is just 2 minutes walk and there is a small bistro on the harbour front which is open throughout the day, an ideal refuelling stop after a walk up to the waterfalls on the River Almond. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£129Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSplendid apartment on the ground floor, within the Scottish capital city of Edinburgh. Central location. WiFi. Dog-friendly. Conservatory.£62Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSituated in the historic and picturesque town of South Queensferry, Forth Reflections enjoys a central and elevated location, offering magnificent views of the Forth road and rail bridges and across the Kingdom of Fife and the mountains beyond. Situated in a historic townhouse it is right in the heart of this picturesque town and dates back to the early 1800s and with the town accessible on foot in just a few minutes.
Queensferry has so much to offer, whether you would like to enjoy an ice cream, cake, pastry, pub meal or restaurant meal. It is literally, all on your doorstep! You can enjoy a wooded walk, beach walk, a stroll to the harbour or marina, or a walk across the Forth. Stroll along to Hawes Pier just a few minutes walk from the house and take a boat trip to Inchcolm Island or take the lovely forest walk along the shore. Port Edgar sailing school is also a short walk away for watersports with fishing, golf, horse riding and mountain biking all close by. Beach 50 yards. Shop 250 yards, pub and restaurant 150 yards.£98Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThe Tunturi is in a very private location with beautiful views over open countryside. It is set in a small, family run holiday park surrounded by fields and majestic Scots Pine woodland, providing a quiet and friendly environment where you can relax and children can play safely. This attractive, two storey detached lodge isn’t just nice to look at but internally the practical and cosy space has many features that will make your stay more enjoyable. The wonderful open plan living space has the most fabulous view and a wood pellet burning stove that will very quickly draw an ’Ahhh’ as you sit and relax after a busy day enjoying the plethora of activities that are nearby. One of the bedrooms is on the ground floor and has a kingsize bed. The other, almost galleried bedroom, is on the upper floor and has a kingsize and additional single bed, and enjoys the same panoramic view as the living area. There is a shower room upstairs and one on the ground floor too; the lower one has a private sauna for 4 and again adds an enjoyable feature to enhance your experience. The kitchen provides everything you’ll need to either prepare something quick for the kids or spend some time and effort making something special.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. You’re not far from the local bars, cafés and restaurants within Linlithgow or even in Livingston. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day.£80Price per night from
- Edinburgh, ScotlandBuilt in 2020, Alban villa is a beautiful, modern log home with some marvellous views and interesting recreation space. There is a stunning verandah on the first floor leading directly from the master bedroom, which is a beautiful place to eat breakfast or lunch in a unique situation. There are two further bedrooms downstairs. The living room is open plan with fabulous views out to open fields, and on a good day you can see Ben Ledi in the beautiful Trossachs mountains. This is truly a wonderful detached holiday home in which to thoroughly enjoy a relaxing holiday surrounded by the countryside and natural wildlife.
This stunning, modern lodge is not only pretty and interesting to look at but internally the property has many features added to enhance the experience of the guest on their stay. The open space in the living areas are simply superb and with the wood burner, this space will prove to be an enjoyable and comfy place to sit and relax after a day on the go. The prep of meals and being able to enjoy them will be nice for any family or group, since the kitchen has everything you’d expect to be there, whether it’s a case of throwing something quickly together for the children or putting in the time and effort to create something special. With that in mind, remember that Linlithgow and Falkirk are minutes away by car and have a whole host of bars, cafés and restaurants that cater for literally every taste.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities, and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day. Beach 5 miles.£131Price per night from
- Heron Pl, ScotlandOverlooking Granton Harbour and The Royal Forth Yacht Club, this third floor flat has uninterrupted views over the Firth of Forth and beyond.
Over 1500sqft, with two large bedrooms and en-suite, large open plan living and dining area and a lounge with floor to ceiling windows, this beautifully bright and spacious flat will make you feel at home in the most historic City in Scotland. A large east-facing private balcony is yours to enjoy for breakfast or late-evening drinks as the pretty Newhaven Light House twinkles in the distance. Sleeping four and with a fold-away occasional bed for an additional child guest makes this a place to enjoy with family and friends.
Several Michelin starred restaurants are only a few minutes away in Leith, and you can walk along the shore or take one of the plentiful buses and Taxis to enjoy some great food and fantastic drinks in the Shore area. Only a short taxi ride from the City Centre, if culture is more your thing, then Edinburgh Castle is on your doorstep. Ideally situated as a base for the Festivals and Edinburgh’s Christmas attractions and beyond. If you are travelling by car, there is a private underground car park with a dedicated space.
Lift access from the car park up, this flat also has a wheelchair lift from the ground floor lobby. One well-mannered and house-trained pet is permitted.£102Price per night from