Pet Friendly Holidays Fife
The Fife coast is an ideal location for a holiday with your canine companion. You and your hound can explore the Fife coastal path, head into Edinburgh for history and culture or escape to St Andews for world class golf courses and outstanding natural beauty.
- Upper Largo, ScotlandJust 10 miles from St Andrews, this charming, single-storey holiday cottage is attached to another property on a tiny lane beside the church in picturesque Upper Largo, just minutes’ drive from the beach and golf course. Thoughtfully furnished for comfort and ease, there are views of Largo Law from the small enclosed garden. An ideal base from which to explore the East Neuk of Fife with quaint fishing villages strung along the coast, or easy access to Edinburgh, Dundee or Perth and The Trossachs. Golf ½ mile, watersports at Elie, coastal walks, Sea Life Centre, Deer Park, and historic houses and gardens. Shop 2 miles and pub 200 yards.£88From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Carnbee, ScotlandSituated in a peaceful and scenic, rural setting, with panoramic views of the River Forth and East Neuk of Fife coastline, Gordons Hall Cottage is the ideal location in which to relax and enjoy the area and all it has to offer with friends and family. Accessed by a rough track, this self catering cottage is one of a pair, and has been lovingly restored by the owners, offering a sunny secure private garden with raised vegetable beds and a greenhouse, from which you may enjoy the salad crops and tomatoes when in season. The conservatory and patio area are ideal for relaxing in with a glass of wine after a long day exploring the local area. Close to beautiful sandy beaches of St Monans, Pittenweem, Crail and Anstruther, there is no shortage of hill walks, bridle paths and cycle tracks. Kellie Castle, with its beautiful walled garden, is within a mile and the historic university town of St Andrews, with its world famous championship golf courses, is only 8 miles away, together with many other local golf courses in the area, making this an ideal location for a golfing holiday. Edinburgh airport is 45 miles. Beach 4 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£140From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dunfermline, ScotlandSet in a secluded, woodland location with views of rolling farmland, these two holiday properties offer a perfect hideaway for peace and tranquillity. With light spacious interiors, stylish furnishings and woodland walks from the door, these holiday homes provide every comfort. The 17th-century village of Culross, with quaint crow stepped gables and pantiled roofs, is only 3 miles. Dunfermline, 5 miles, Scotland’s ancient capital, is now a thriving city with hotels, restaurants and leisure facilities. Shops 1 mile, pubs 1½ miles.£67From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Anstruther, ScotlandSet in a picturesque lane, Kirkview Cottage is a traditional semi-detached cottage in the quiet village of Upper Largo, on the southern slopes of Largo Law. This is a perfect location for a romantic escape for a couple and friends or a small family to spend time together and explore this most picturesque area of Fife.
Within walking distance is the local hotel with a restaurant and bar, there are gentle walks out into the surrounding countryside. The beautiful sandy beach at Lower Largo is less than a mile away. This ancient fishing village is famous for being the birth place of Andrew Selkirk, a famous 1700’s explorer whom Daniel Defoe based his book of Robinson Crusoe on and there is a statue of him outside of his original home. This area is steeped in history and there are many historic buildings, castles and gardens to visit, namely Kellie Castle, which makes for a great day out and dates back to the 1300. There are numerous visitor attractions and whisky distilleries including Kingsbarns Distillery offering tours.
For guests who enjoy walking, the Fife Coastal Path is easily accessible from the cottage, you can walk various sections of the coastal path and catch the coast bus back to the bus stop which is 200 yards from the cottage. For days out, along the coast is the bustling tourist harbour town of Anstruther offering a great selection eateries, from a Michelin Star restaurant to award-winning fish and chip shops. From the harbour front there are daily ferries and boat trips, between April and September, departing to the Isle of May Nature Reserve, home to colonies of sea birds such as puffins, and the surrounding waters are the habitat of seal colonies.
For golf enthusiasts, there are over 45 courses in this area including the world famous championship courses at St Andrews, only 12 miles away and the local courses at Lundin Links are regularly selected as the final qualifying golf course for the open championship. Kirkview Cottage is the perfect all year round holiday home, where you can relax in front of the welcoming wood burner in the cosy living room on cooler days, or enjoy al fresco dining in the pretty cottage garden which has wild herbs for you to use in your meal. Beach 1 mile. Shop 2 miles, pub/restaurant 200 yards.£90From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Anstruther, ScotlandThe Wee Cottage is only a few minutes’ walk to the heart of the recently named ‘Royal City of Dunfermline’. The cottage is bright and spacious and the perfect base for visiting Edinburgh, Fife and Glasgow. It’s 5 minutes walk from the bus station and a supermarket. The living room looks out onto the small garden and isn’t overlooked. Offering a large Smart TV and high ceilings, you can sit and enjoy catching up on your favourite box sets on Netflix supplied or log in to your Amazon account. The kitchen, although compact, has everything you need to enjoy a relaxing week or two in this peaceful location.
Nestled in a quiet residential street, it is the ideal base for a couple to jump on a train to Edinburgh, which is only 20 minutes away. You could always take the car and discover the stunning Fife coastline all the way to St Andrews where you will find some of the most famous golf courses in the world. The Fife coastline is dotted with many picturesque fishing villages where you can take a stroll around the harbours and enjoy a cup of coffee or an ice cream. There is so much to see and do around this truly beautiful part of Scotland.
Walkers can join the Fife Coastal path from the charming little seaside village of Limekilns. Dunfermline is a bustling city with everything you could need for eating out and entertainment. From theatres, cinemas, shopping and the historic Dunfermline Abbey where the heart of King Bruce is buried, you won’t ever be bored. This lovely cosy bright apartment is the perfect base for visiting Edinburgh, Fife and Glasgow. The train station is a 10-minute walk away where there is a very good train service to the centre of Edinburgh. If you have a group of friends, then you could also book The Wee Pad (UK42918) upstairs or The Wee Cosy (UK42920) next door.£118From price per night based on 7 night stay