Dog Friendly Hotels Fife
Heading to St Andrew's for a Scottish escape in Fife? We've got the best pet friendly hotels in Fife for your excursion to the Scottish countryside. Whether you're heading up for a golfing weekend, taking a city break to Edinburgh or looking to visit some classic castles in the area, we've got the best beds for you and your furry companion.
- Carnbee, ScotlandSituated in a peaceful and scenic, rural setting, with panoramic views of the River Forth and East Neuk of Fife coastline, Gordons Hall Cottage is the ideal location in which to relax and enjoy the area and all it has to offer with friends and family. Accessed by a rough track, this self catering cottage is one of a pair, and has been lovingly restored by the owners, offering a sunny secure private garden with raised vegetable beds and a greenhouse, from which you may enjoy the salad crops and tomatoes when in season. The conservatory and patio area are ideal for relaxing in with a glass of wine after a long day exploring the local area. Close to beautiful sandy beaches of St Monans, Pittenweem, Crail and Anstruther, there is no shortage of hill walks, bridle paths and cycle tracks. Kellie Castle, with its beautiful walled garden, is within a mile and the historic university town of St Andrews, with its world famous championship golf courses, is only 8 miles away, together with many other local golf courses in the area, making this an ideal location for a golfing holiday. Edinburgh airport is 45 miles. Beach 4 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£148Price per night from
- St. Andrews, Scotland
Occupying an iconic 1800s building, the dog-friendly Rusacks St Andrews hotel is steeped in golfing history and makes the perfect escape for dog-owning golf enthusiasts.£379Price per night fromPetsPyjamas Exclusive Package Available
- Lower Largo, ScotlandBuilt in 1885 Cardy Cottage is a grade C listed building located by the beach in the village of Lower Largo on the Firth of Forth. The history of the village is dominated by the real Robinson Crusoe (Alexander Selkirk) and Cardy Cottage was built by one of Selkirk’s descendants. A statue celebrating Selkirk’s birthplace is located a few doors down from the cottage. The Fife Coastal Path passes nearby and guests can enjoy the beaches and rock pools of Largo Bay. St Andrews (10 miles) offers golf, the University and the beach made famous by the film Chariots of Fire. Visit the fishing villages of Anstruther, Pittenweem and Crail. Edinburgh is 1 hour away. Shop, pub, restaurant 500 yards.£93Price per night from
- Lower Largo, ScotlandWith stunning sea views from this delightful holiday cottage, perched above the tiny harbour of Lower Largo, this is the perfect spot from which to watch the boats go by or to explore St Andrews, 12 miles, and the fishing villages along the coast. The sunny conservatory and picture windowed living room are welcoming whatever the season, and with a good hotel, pub and local shop just a moments walk, this is an ideal setting for a relaxing holiday. Enjoy activities for all ages such as beach walks, golf courses, ancient houses and glorious gardens, Deer Park and Sea World. Shop and pub 50 yards.£85Price per night from
- Upper Largo, ScotlandJust 10 miles from St Andrews, this charming, single-storey holiday cottage is attached to another property on a tiny lane beside the church in picturesque Upper Largo, just minutes’ drive from the beach and golf course. Thoughtfully furnished for comfort and ease, there are views of Largo Law from the small enclosed garden. An ideal base from which to explore the East Neuk of Fife with quaint fishing villages strung along the coast, or easy access to Edinburgh, Dundee or Perth and The Trossachs. Golf ½ mile, watersports at Elie, coastal walks, Sea Life Centre, Deer Park, and historic houses and gardens. Shop 2 miles and pub 200 yards.£74Price per night from
- Kinghorn, ScotlandIn the heart of the coastal village of Kinghorn on the Firth of Forth and only 5 minutes’ walk from the harbour and small sandy beach, this ground floor holiday property with cosy multi-fuel burner is an ideal holiday retreat whatever the season. Easy access into the centre of Edinburgh over the dramatic Forth Railway Bridge, station 5 minutes’ walk. Look out for seals, porpoises and countless sea birds from the Fife coastal path. Golf 1 mile, St Andrews 40 minutes. Well placed to enjoy central Scotland. Shop, restaurant and pub 200 yards.£48Price per night from
- Dunfermline, ScotlandSet in a secluded, woodland location with views of rolling farmland, these two holiday properties offer a perfect hideaway for peace and tranquillity. With light spacious interiors, stylish furnishings and woodland walks from the door, these holiday homes provide every comfort. The 17th-century village of Culross, with quaint crow stepped gables and pantiled roofs, is only 3 miles. Dunfermline, 5 miles, Scotland’s ancient capital, is now a thriving city with hotels, restaurants and leisure facilities. Shops 1 mile, pubs 1½ miles.£63Price per night from
- Dunfermline, ScotlandSet in a secluded, woodland location with views of rolling farmland, these two holiday properties offer a perfect hideaway for peace and tranquillity. With light spacious interiors, stylish furnishings and woodland walks from the door, these holiday homes provide every comfort. The 17th-century village of Culross, with quaint crow stepped gables and pantiled roofs, is only 3 miles. Dunfermline, 5 miles, Scotland’s ancient capital, is now a thriving city with hotels, restaurants and leisure facilities. Shops 1 mile, pubs 1½ miles.£66Price per night from
- Oakley, ScotlandEscape to this delightful detached holiday cottage, part of the Old Inzievar House estate which is situated in beautiful and natural parkland, on a working farm with varied livestock, about 6 miles west of Dunfermline and 1 mile from the historic Culross village and abbey on the Forth Estuary. Old Inzievar Cottage is in a delightfully secluded, rural woodland setting, surrounded by mature beech woods and rolling farmland. It has been lovingly furnished and benefits from a cosy open fire in the living room and a wood burner in the kitchen. South facing, it has its own private garden, a perfect hideaway for peace and tranquillity.
If you are feeling more energetic, try the owner’s tennis court near to Old Inzievar Cottage, or with permission from the owners, a tour of the restored walled garden can be arranged. This rural haven has excellent access to dog friendly walks, cycle paths, and outdoor amenities, but within easy access of Edinburgh 24 miles, Perth 33 miles and Stirling 18 miles. Shop 1½ miles, pub and restaurant 2 miles.£64Price per night from
- Cupar, ScotlandQuietly situated in the charming village of Ceres, 8 miles from the magnificent beaches and championship golf courses at St Andrews, these two holiday cottages, adjacent to each other, have been stylishly converted from a listed building to create a superb holiday base. Ceres has a shop, newsagents, butchers, dog friendly pub, tea room, museum, café and hotel with restaurant and dog friendly bar within 300 yards. Nearby attractions include the Hill of Tarvit Mansion House, a fascinating National Trust house and gardens with Hatters Edwardian Tearoom and a 9 hole ‘Hickory’ golf course, the Fife Falconry Centre, and horse riding in the village. There are excellent footpaths for walking and cycling with stunning views of coast and countryside, whilst the Tents Muir National Nature Reserve has a fabulous walk along the beach to Tentsmuir Point where hundreds of seals can be seen basking on the sandbars. Visit The Eden Estuary Centre and Morton Lochs and watch waterfowl from dedicated bird hides. St Andrews itself is steeped in history and has a comprehensive range of shops, restaurants, tearooms, museum and the Sea Life Centre. Perth and Dundee are easily accessible, whilst the wonders of Edinburgh are just 40 miles away. Shop, pub and restaurant 300 yards.£60Price per night from