Explore Scotland's dog-friendly destinations for an ideal holiday with your four-legged friend. Whether it's a quaint hotel, cosy cottage, B&B, or a charming country house, find the perfect spot for a short break with your pooch. Discover stunning Scottish landscapes and create lasting memories on your next adventure.
- Dornoch, ScotlandOsprey Lodge is situated in an elevated position, deep in the Sutherland hills, tucked away down a private track, and enjoying unbelievable views across the surrounding hills and open countryside. This superb, detached solid wood lodge enjoys total peace and privacy, set in 50 hectares of croft land. The accommodation is presented to a very good standard throughout. The delightful open plan living space features a welcoming wood burner in the living area, as well as patio doors that open onto the raised decking, with a private hot tub and sitting-out area. There are two beautifully presented kingsize bedrooms with colour coordinated soft furnishings allowing for a good nights’ sleep. This property is very accessible for wheelchair users, with a level entrance and modern bathroom with a claw-footed bath and accessible wet room walk-in shower.
Situated on a working farm where the friendly cattle and sheep roam freely, this is a haven for wildlife and you may also stumble upon osprey, deer, pine martin, red kites, golden eagles and curlews. Whilst completely private, it is just over 1 mile to the pretty stone village of Rogart which is home to a thriving village pub that serves meals, as well as a shop, post office and railway station. It is ideally located for exploring the whole of the Highlands, with many places of interest within a short drive. Dunrobin Castle, seat of the Duke of Sutherland, with its gardens modelled on Versailles is well worth a visit. Or experience salmon leaping up the famous Falls of Shin, and mountain biking, hill walking, fishing, and various water sports are all available locally. The historic seaside town of Dornoch is just 15 minutes’ drive away, where you can visit the sandy beach and the renowned championship golf course, as well as the 12th-century cathedral that dominates the central square. Beach 17¾ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£216From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Portree, ScotlandWith stunning finishes inside and out, in the most exquisite of settings, The Beach House truly is a rare gem. Recently restored using the original footprint and stone of the previous croft house, this property combines the old with the new and delivers a very attractive 3-bedroom home for you to enjoy. With a traditional stone exterior, the interior could not be more contemporary, oozing class and style, with plenty of natural light and large rooms throughout.
Downstairs comprises mainly of the expansive living/kitchen area; boasting windows to the front to soak up the beautiful views. The kitchen comes fully equipped with everything you need to rustle up your favourite meals, and the combined living area offers a comfortable area to wind down after a busy day’s activities. The Beach House comfortably sleeps six adults, with three large bedrooms. There is easy ramp access and a ground-level (king sized) bedroom and shower room. A further two bedrooms are upstairs with a shower room. This property is more than pet friendly, and dogs will love exploring the enclosed garden. There is also private gated access to the loch beach.
The abundance of wildlife that thrives right on the doorstep is magical. There is a resident seal colony on the shores below, occasional pods of dolphins can be seen passing through, and sea eagles or Golden Eagles are often spotted soaring above. Otters also on the beach below. This property offers the ideal base for walking, hiking, boat trips, cycling, kayaking and fishing; with many being possible from the doorstep!
The pretty village of Dunvegan on the northwest of Skye is 3 miles away; and local amenities in Dunvegan include a bakery, restaurant, filling station, general store and medical centre. There are lovely woodland walks in the area and the nearby Coral Beaches are one of Skye’s hidden gems. The property is situated 5 miles from the world-famous Michelin Star ’Three Chimney’s Restaurant’. Skye’s capital, Portree, is approximately 21 miles away and offers a comprehensive range of amenities and supermarkets. You will be hard pressed to find somewhere as special as The Beach House, so for a truly memorable break on this iconic island, look no further!£159From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ullapool, ScotlandArdlearag is an outstanding architecturally-designed and timber-clad holiday home in the North West Scotland. Overlooking the sea loch Little Loch Broom, Ardlearag also has views of the isolated Scoraig peninsula and wee mountain Beinn Ghobhlach across the loch, and to the east An Teallach, a fabulous Munro, is in view and only a few miles away. Staying at Ardlearag is like striking gold. Pulling up at the stunning property you won’t believe your luck. Any length of time booked is guaranteed to be too short.
The property nestles into the landscape right beside the water and is surrounded by mountains. The area around Ardlearag is known as the ‘great wilderness’ and staying at the property makes it easy to see why. The front of the house looks towards the water and mountains -quite rightly - so you enter through the back door. On the left there’s a well-placed utility room, perfect for cleaning up after long days out exploring in the wilds. Quickly you discover the wow factor of the house, which is the vast amount of glass in the open plan living/dining/kitchen area. Views up the loch and across the water are truly sensational. It’s an amazing room making the most of the surroundings, and it’s finished to a fantastic high standard (like the whole house). To return to this room after days out on adventures is pure bliss.
Beyond the house the great wilderness awaits. An Teallach is a fantastic Munro and with it being so close it deserves an attempt or two during your holiday. Ullapool and Assynt beyond are not far away, and to the south the coastal villages of Aultbea, Poolewe and Gairloch with numerous sandy beaches to choose from await. Staying at Ardlearag is a superb choice for the most amazing of Highland holidays. Book now and forever be happy with your choice!£175From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Drymen, ScotlandOur signature property, Oakwoods House is a large refurbished four-bedroom holiday home with hot tub, sleeping up to 8 adults and 2 children across four bedrooms and the upstairs sofa bed. The property is complete with 3 lounge/ sitting rooms, 2 dining areas,a fully fitted solid Oak kitchen and 3 bath/ shower rooms.
£219From price per night based on 7 night stay
- French doors to the patio and hot tub
- Fully fitted Oak kitchen with water/ice dispensing fridge freezer, dishwasher and range cooker
- Smart Tv's
- En-suite with underfloor heating and rainwater shower
- Luxury bedding and fluffy robes
- Scottish Fine Soaps toiletries
- Welcome hamper
- Gated resort
- Private driveway parking for several cars