Dog-friendly Isle of Skye
Home to some of Scotland's most iconic landscapes and spectacular natural wonders, Skye is a truly special place to visit. Whether you're looking to escape to the hills or chill out by the river, there are plenty of cosy dog-friendly places for you and your pooch to stay.
- Totaig, ScotlandSituated on a headland overlooking Husabost Bay, this traditional detached cottage enjoys dramatic unrestricted views across Loch Dunvegan. The captivating scenery includes Scotland’s only coral sands, Dunvegan Castle - the home of the Clan Macleod - the mountain ranges of the Macleods Tables, and the world famous Cuillins. Fine walks can be enjoyed from the house and sightings of birds of prey and seals are extremely common. Museums galleries, organised boat trips and excellent restaurants including the renowned Three Chimneys can be found locally. Shop 3 miles.£69Price per night from
- Ose, ScotlandHygge, pronounced ’her-ge’ means spending a calm, comfortable time with good friends or loved ones. You will find this at Hygge, an architect-designed house ensuring all your comforts are taken into consideration, eco-friendly with air source heating, patio doors and a wood burning stove. Situated in the crofting village of Ose, near Struan, with views over Loch Bracadale and the Islands of Tarner and Harlosh, you are able to enjoy the fabulous vista from the comfort of Hygge.
The area has much to offer in archaeology sites, all close by including Dun Beag Broch, St John’s Chapel, Feorlig chambered cairns, as well as historic Dunvegan Castle and Gardens, Giant Macaskill Museum, and coral beaches are only a short drive away. It is a good base to explore all parts of the island which has so much to offer for the outdoor enthusiast; hill walking, fishing, boat trips, kayaking, pony trekking as well as the opportunity to discover the many craft/art galleries for a more relaxing time and to be awestruck by the dramatic scenery, so come and enjoy! Beach 200 yards.£111Price per night from
- Lower Milovaig, ScotlandThis bright, comfortable detached holiday property is located in the crofting community of Milovaig, and enjoys panoramic views over Loch Pooltiel and onto the Outer Hebrides. This peaceful and tranquil place offers a truly ‘get away from it all’ experience, and it offers an ideal base for exploring the Isle of Skye. Neist Point is only a short drive away, where you can enjoy a walk down to the lighthouse or fishing along the shoreline.
Dunvegan is also only a short drive away, where you will find the pristine coral beaches, Dunvegan Castle & Gardens and boat trips to the seal colonies. Also nearby, walk along MacLeod’s Tables, two flat-topped hills which can be seen from many parts of Skye.
Portree, the island capital, is ideal for shopping, and it also has a swimming pool and climbing wall. Also in Portree, visit Aros Visitor Centre, offering exhibitions, cinema, live music, comedy, dance, drama, theatre, galleries and workshops. There is also a family-friendly restaurant, gift shop and children’s play areas, so the whole family will enjoy this day out.
The Isle of Skye has so much to offer the outdoor enthusiast, with walking for all abilities, from The Cuillin for the experienced climber, or low level walking. Take a boat trip and spot sea eagles or the seal colonies. Other activities include fishing, kayaking, pony trekking, mountain biking and so much more. Shop and restaurant 2 miles, pub 9 miles.
Ard Meanish can be booked together with Eas Mor (UK5188) to accommodate up to 11 guests.£206Price per night from
- Portree, ScotlandWith stunning finishes inside and out, in the most exquisite of settings, The Beach House truly is a rare gem. Recently restored using the original footprint and stone of the previous croft house, this property combines the old with the new and delivers a very attractive 3-bedroom home for you to enjoy. With a traditional stone exterior, the interior could not be more contemporary, oozing class and style, with plenty of natural light and large rooms throughout.
Downstairs comprises mainly of the expansive living/kitchen area; boasting windows to the front to soak up the beautiful views. The kitchen comes fully equipped with everything you need to rustle up your favourite meals, and the combined living area offers a comfortable area to wind down after a busy day’s activities. The Beach House comfortably sleeps six adults, with three large bedrooms. There is easy ramp access and a ground-level (king sized) bedroom and shower room. A further two bedrooms are upstairs with a shower room. This property is more than pet friendly, and dogs will love exploring the enclosed garden. There is also private gated access to the loch beach.
The abundance of wildlife that thrives right on the doorstep is magical. There is a resident seal colony on the shores below, occasional pods of dolphins can be seen passing through, and sea eagles or Golden Eagles are often spotted soaring above. Otters also on the beach below. This property offers the ideal base for walking, hiking, boat trips, cycling, kayaking and fishing; with many being possible from the doorstep!
The pretty village of Dunvegan on the northwest of Skye is 3 miles away; and local amenities in Dunvegan include a bakery, restaurant, filling station, general store and medical centre. There are lovely woodland walks in the area and the nearby Coral Beaches are one of Skye’s hidden gems. The property is situated 5 miles from the world-famous Michelin Star ’Three Chimney’s Restaurant’. Skye’s capital, Portree, is approximately 21 miles away and offers a comprehensive range of amenities and supermarkets. You will be hard pressed to find somewhere as special as The Beach House, so for a truly memorable break on this iconic island, look no further!
Provisional Scottish Letting Licence Number: HI-30138-P£159Price per night from
- Carbost, ScotlandSet in the most idyllic of locations, with panoramic sea views; the Duckling is the ideal bolthole for couples looking to get away from it all, whilst having the perfect base to explore the Isle of Skye. This cabin has been designed to offer guests their sense of privacy whilst being able to enjoy the stunning surroundings, no matter the weather or time of year. The front-facing wall is predominately glass, whilst the decking scales the length of the property, so come rain, hail, or shine, the changing tides can be continuously enjoyed.
As the perfect offering for two people seeking a romantic escape, the interior being made into a modern but homely studio accommodation suited to all four seasons. Inside, the living area is light and bright, the spacious kitchen area comes well equipped, including an induction hob, microwave, double oven, and a generously sized fridge freezer. The double bed at the far end of the room comes with one large chest of drawers and wardrobe at either side providing ample storage. The bed can fold away, so guests have the option to create extra room to enjoy with much ease. The couch can be reclined for the extra level of comfort and even moved around so guests can enjoy the panoramic views, from the warmth and comfort of The Duckling. There is also a separate shower room with walk in shower that is perfect for relaxing after those long walks along the beach or in the surrounding hills, and ample parking in the area beneath the decking.
Located at the far end of the Minginish Peninsula, overlooking the pretty harbour at Portnalong, this whole area is a walker’s, climber’s and water-sports enthusiast’s paradise. The famous Talisker distillery is only few miles away in the local village of Carbost which also boasts a fantastic inn and restaurant, looking over Loch Harport.£121Price per night from