The spectacular Scottish capital is full of things to see and do. With an abundance of cultural attractions, unique architecture and beautiful winding streets, Edinburgh is the pawfect place to take your canine companion on a dog friendly holiday.
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThis ground floor holiday apartment is situated in an historic building looking out to the ancient harbour on the River Almond and the tiny islands in the River Forth. With easy access into Edinburgh city centre and over the Forth Bridge to Fife and Perthshire. Discover many walks from the doorstep; across a tidal causeway to Cramond Island, along the river past tumbling falls or along the long sandy beach, this is the ideal spot for a relaxing break.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandThe Tunturi is in a very private location with beautiful views over open countryside. It is set in a small, family run holiday park surrounded by fields and majestic Scots Pine woodland, providing a quiet and friendly environment where you can relax and children can play safely. This attractive, two storey detached lodge isn’t just nice to look at but internally the practical and cosy space has many features that will make your stay more enjoyable. The wonderful open plan living space has the most fabulous view and a wood pellet burning stove that will very quickly draw an ’Ahhh’ as you sit and relax after a busy day enjoying the plethora of activities that are nearby. One of the bedrooms is on the ground floor and has a kingsize bed. The other, almost galleried bedroom, is on the upper floor and has a kingsize and additional single bed, and enjoys the same panoramic view as the living area. There is a shower room upstairs and one on the ground floor too; the lower one has a private sauna for 4 and again adds an enjoyable feature to enhance your experience. The kitchen provides everything you’ll need to either prepare something quick for the kids or spend some time and effort making something special.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. You’re not far from the local bars, cafés and restaurants within Linlithgow or even in Livingston. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day.£85From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSituated in the historic and picturesque town of South Queensferry, Forth Reflections enjoys a central and elevated location, offering magnificent views of the Forth road and rail bridges and across the Kingdom of Fife and the mountains beyond. Situated in a historic townhouse it is right in the heart of this picturesque town and dates back to the early 1800s and with the town accessible on foot in just a few minutes.
Queensferry has so much to offer, whether you would like to enjoy an ice cream, cake, pastry, pub meal or restaurant meal. It is literally, all on your doorstep! You can enjoy a wooded walk, beach walk, a stroll to the harbour or marina, or a walk across the Forth. Stroll along to Hawes Pier just a few minutes walk from the house and take a boat trip to Inchcolm Island or take the lovely forest walk along the shore. Port Edgar sailing school is also a short walk away for watersports with fishing, golf, horse riding and mountain biking all close by. Beach 50 yards. Shop 250 yards, pub and restaurant 150 yards.£82From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandBuilt in 2020, Alban villa is a beautiful, modern log home with some marvellous views and interesting recreation space. There is a stunning verandah on the first floor leading directly from the master bedroom, which is a beautiful place to eat breakfast or lunch in a unique situation. There are two further bedrooms downstairs. The living room is open plan with fabulous views out to open fields, and on a good day you can see Ben Ledi in the beautiful Trossachs mountains. This is truly a wonderful detached holiday home in which to thoroughly enjoy a relaxing holiday surrounded by the countryside and natural wildlife.
This stunning, modern lodge is not only pretty and interesting to look at but internally the property has many features added to enhance the experience of the guest on their stay. The open space in the living areas are simply superb and with the wood burner, this space will prove to be an enjoyable and comfy place to sit and relax after a day on the go. The prep of meals and being able to enjoy them will be nice for any family or group, since the kitchen has everything you’d expect to be there, whether it’s a case of throwing something quickly together for the children or putting in the time and effort to create something special. With that in mind, remember that Linlithgow and Falkirk are minutes away by car and have a whole host of bars, cafés and restaurants that cater for literally every taste.
Linlithgow is wonderfully close to Edinburgh (only 23 minutes by train to the city centre), and also only 30 minutes to Glasgow and historic Stirling. There is a rich variety of cultural activities, beautiful scenery and all the sporting entertainment you could wish for nearby. Enjoy an evening in one of the nearby cities, and with a quick train journey and short taxi you’ll be back from Glasgow or Edinburgh within the hour at any time of day. Beach 5 miles.£122From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandNestled amid thirty acres of lush gardens and farmlands, this stunning mansion offers a haven of peace and tranquillity just outside Scotland’s capital city of Edinburgh.
Originally built for one of the most powerful families in Scotland in the 18th century, the mansion occupies what is arguably one of the most beautiful spots in Midlothian, perfectly located just nine miles from Edinburgh city centre with stunning views of the Pentland Hills. The mansion features bright, traditional rooms with large windows and coordinated fabrics. The contemporary guest bedrooms are tastefully furnished, warm, and relaxing. During your stay, you can easily visit the many famous sites in the historic city of Edinburgh. Alternatively, you can take advantage of this wonderful countryside location to try hiking, cycling, quad biking or clay shooting. The surrounding area provides a wealth of attractions to suit all tastes. A warm welcome is assured! All bedrooms are superbly decorated each with its unique style. Each bedroom has comfortable beds that are set up as double, twin, or multi-bed rooms on request, with all linen and towels provided. Most of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms with powerful showers. The property will accept stag and hen parties, families and companies wanting a break from tradition. The Kirkhill Mansion can host any number from eight up to thirty four guests. The individually decorated bedrooms can be adapted as king, double, twin and bunk bed rooms depending on your particular requirements. The heart of the house, the grand hall, is Kirkhill’s main reception room. An impressive room packed with period features such as high ceilings and a stunning fireplace, the patio doors lead directly out to the garden.
With picturesque views over the Pentland Hills, it is the perfect place for any event. Extending directly into the opulent dining room, the grand hall can host up to seventy guests for a drinks reception and up to three-hundred guests including the garden. Then again, there are also some great books and games, so it also works as a decadent space to relax and let the day go by. If you are a music enthusiast, you can try your skills on the beautiful piano which is just next to the big lounge. The top floor of the house hosts eight double bedrooms, seven of which are en-suite, and the eighth has a private bathroom close by. These rooms could be configured in a number of ways. The basement offers another four bedrooms arranged with taste and big windows for the full enjoyment of our guests.£483From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandColzium Farmhouse is a renovated estate house situated at the foot of the Pentlands and surrounded by 5 acres of rural land. Scotland’s capital Edinburgh, is approximately a 30-minute drive away and within reach for anyone wanting to visit Scotland’s gorgeous capital. Colzium Farmhouse features nine bedrooms within the main house and the adjoining annexe. There is a large communal function room that can seat up to twenty one guests. This space is perfect for banquet and dinner events, and is also a great space for watching sports events. The front lawn can hold a barbecue and a marquee. For an additional fee and by prior arrangement of a minimum of seven days before your arrival, the owners of Colzium can organise a hot tub. Soak, relax and take in the surrounding picturesque countryside views with friends or family and have a truly memorable stay.
Colzium Farmhouse is surrounded by beautiful country landscapes and is the perfect accommodation for larger groups looking to get out of the city and reconnect with each other and nature, it’s a fantastic option for family get-togethers. Less than a 40-minute drive outside of Edinburgh city centre, you can take advantage of both the countryside peace and quiet, and the vibrant nightlife that Edinburgh has to offer. Due to the central location, guests will also be able to take advantage of the excellent transport links to visit Livingston, Stirling and Glasgow, all of which can be accessed within an hour by car. Beach 14 miles£511From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandHarvieston Hall is a grand 17th-century mansion house on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Larger groups are well accommodated in this country retreat, which can cater for up to twenty nine guests in eleven bedrooms.
High ceilings and luxurious décor will assure you an excellent time in an extraordinary property. On the ground floor you will find one bathroom, three bedrooms, three kitchens, a dining room, and a lovely living room. The house has a large country living room with an array of comfortable sofas and chairs to accommodate large groups of family and friends to enjoy a cosy atmosphere in front of a large open fire. The late 19th-century living room has all original fully working shutters and includes flat screen TV for stay-in evenings and 5G Wi-Fi to keep in touch with the world. If your celebrations include dancing, the living room can be transferred into a dance floor. The dining room is the heart of the house where you can feel the grandeur and magnitude of this magnificent property. Up to twenty-four guests at once can enjoy meals in this splendid room admiring gold leaves on the ceiling and be warmed up with the majestic wood burner. Ideal for those family parties and occasions, there are two kitchens around the house, the main kitchen is just next to the dining room and presents a rustic and cosy look with all necessary appliances and there is plenty of space in two large fridges. Coming off the main stairs, guests can find a second contemporary kitchen/games room with more storage and everything you’ll need for your self-catering stay; this is a double use room where you can have a nice cup of tea and enjoy an evening playing different board games or compete on the games table where you can find table football, mini pool, mini table tennis or hockey. The beautiful grand staircase leads to the first floor of the property where you’ll find four further bedrooms and a bathroom. Within the grand bedroom the bathroom boasts a stunning domed ceiling and is a fabulous part of the structure above the master bedroom suite, which is simply palatial. The grand bedroom comfortably sleeps five guests in splendour and still has space to relax and enjoy the spectacular ceiling in all its glory. The second floor has a further three bedrooms and a bathroom. Mature wildlife gardens will encourage nature walks around beautiful fields and Gore Water stream. The house also has easy access to the hot tub at the back of the property to relax in (available at cost). There is enough space on the private driveway to accommodate a significant number of cars to park in close proximity to the house.
The house is set out of the town, and it provides a tranquil and private environment for everyone who needs to escape busy city life. Edinburgh city centre is just 30 minutes away, so you haven’t got to go far to take advantage of all that this fantastic city has to offer. Beach 14 miles.£665From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSet on a working farm in the fertile West Lothian countryside, just 3 miles from the historic town of Linlithgow and with convenient access to the M9, Edinburgh, 20 miles and Stirling, 24 miles; this is a wonderfully central location with activities for all in easy reach. Tastefully designed with light, space and comfort in mind, The Haymakers is one of five cottages, perfect for families and friends to relax and enjoy this fascinating area. The Haymakers has a beautifully furnished and equipped living area, generous bedrooms and bathrooms. A welcoming wood burner is complemented by eco-friendly ground source heating. The property has plenty of outbuildings for storing bikes, and is surrounded by approximately 2 miles of lovely grassy tracks which take you around the farm, ideal for people and dogs to wander along. The local inn is just a 5 minutes’ walk away and there is a good variety of pubs and restaurants in Linlithgow. The cottage is just half a mile from Junction 3, which is 15 minutes from the airport, or, a mile from Linlithgow which has a train station to Edinburgh, 15 minutes, or Glasgow, 25 minutes. Nearby visit magnificent Hopetoun House, the House of the Binns and Linlithgow Palace. Easy access over the Forth Road Bridge to explore Perthshire or Fife, or west to Stirling Castle or the Trossachs. Beach 3 miles. Shop 3 miles, pub and restaurant 530 yards.£137From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Edinburgh, ScotlandSet on a working farm in the stunning West Lothian countryside, just 3 miles from historic Linlithgow and with convenient access to the M9, Edinburgh, 20 miles and Stirling, 24 miles; this is a wonderfully central location with activities for all in easy reach.
Tastefully designed with light, space and comfort in mind, Pride of Erin is one of two cottages perfect for family and friends to relax and enjoy this fascinating area. Pride of Erin is beautifully furnished. The hub of the house is the spacious open plan living/dining/kitchen area on the ground floor where all the family can sit and enjoy the comforts of this beautiful holiday property. Cosy up after a day exploring the area perhaps enjoying a family meal prepared in the modern kitchen. A sleek and modern shower room and laundry room are also on the ground floor. The quality continues throughout and upstairs you will find three bedrooms all with super comfy beds with quality linen ensuring a peaceful nights sleep. You will also find another modern and sleek family shower room with large walk-in shower. Your four-legged friend is more than welcome at Pride of Erin and there is a small enclosed garden.
The property has plenty of outbuildings for storing bikes, and is surrounded by approximately 2 miles of lovely grassy tracks which take you around the farm, ideal for people and dogs to wander along. The renowned Champany Inn is just 5 minutes’ walk away and there is a good variety of pubs and restaurants in Linlithgow. The cottage is just half a mile from Junction 3 which is 15 minutes from the airport, or, a mile from Linlithgow which has a train station to Edinburgh, 15 minutes or Glasgow, 25 minutes. Nearby visit magnificent Hopetoun House, the House of the Binns and Linlithgow Palace. Easy access over the Forth Road Bridge to explore Perthshire or Fife, or west to Stirling Castle or the Trossachs. Beach 21 miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 10 guests.£186From price per night based on 7 night stay