Pet Friendly Holiday Moray
Scotland's North East Coast is in an idyllic position surrounded by the stunning Moray firth coastline, Cairngorms national park, and part of the famous whisky trail. This peaceful location is a pawfect for a hound hideaway in one of Scotland's oldest tiny towns.
- Ballindalloch, ScotlandWelcome to Honey Cottage, your perfect holiday escape in the charming village of Auchnarrow, nestled in the heart of the stunning Highlands. With breathtaking landscapes, rich history, and a plethora of outdoor adventures waiting to be explored, your stay at Honey Cottage promises an unforgettable experience in this idyllic Scottish destination.
Auchnarrow is a tranquil haven for nature enthusiasts and culture seekers alike. The village is surrounded by majestic mountains, crystal-clear lochs, and dense forests, making it a haven for hikers, cyclists, and nature lovers. Whether you’re a seasoned outdoor enthusiast or just looking for a leisurely stroll, the Highlands have something for everyone. The nearby Cairngorms National Park offers a multitude of hiking trails, including the famous Speyside Way, which winds its way through the picturesque Spey Valley.
For those with a penchant for adventure, the Highlands offer a wealth of exciting activities. The River Spey, renowned for its salmon fishing, presents an opportunity to cast your line and experience the thrill of angling. Or perhaps you’d prefer to explore the region’s many whiskey distilleries, savouring the fine Scotch whisky for which the Highlands are celebrated. If you’re seeking a deeper connection with Scotland’s history and culture, the Highlands will not disappoint. Visit historic castles, such as Ballindalloch Castle and Cawdor Castle, to step back in time and learn about the region’s fascinating past. And don’t miss the chance to immerse yourself in the local Highland games, where you can witness traditional sports, enjoy Scottish music, and taste regional delicacies.
The village of Auchnarrow itself is a quaint gem with friendly locals and a warm atmosphere. Its traditional charm is perfectly complemented by its proximity to the natural wonders of the Highlands, making it an ideal base for your Highland adventure. Discover the enchanting beauty and captivating experiences that Auchnarrow and the Highlands have to offer when you make Honey Cottage your home away from home. Your unforgettable journey awaits in this picturesque corner of Scotland.£61From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Keith, ScotlandNestling in 24 acres of natural grounds and woodland, this lovely detached holiday cottage is in a beautiful, remote, sheltered location within easy reach of Dufftown. It enjoys direct views of heather clad hills and the majestic Ben Rinnes from the back garden, and regular sighting of local wildlife including red deer. Guests can collect fresh eggs from the hens, and are welcome to explore and enjoy of the grounds surrounding the property. Enjoy walking, fishing, skiing, horse riding and birdwatching locally. Shop, pub and restaurant 4 miles.£96From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Aberlour, ScotlandThis lovely detached family holiday home is situated in a super location within the attractive village of Aberlour in glorious Speyside. On a small private estate, the house backs onto a lovely riverside walk along the banks of the Spey and is furnished and equipped to a good standard. Peaceful and quiet yet within walking distance of Aberlour’s interesting shops and eateries, the house makes a wonderful base to relax and enjoy the area’s many attractions. Accessed by a gate from the rear garden, the Speyside Way, as it is known, meanders through the village, through Strathspey down to Tomintoul taking in many well known distilleries on the Whisky Trail - ideal for walkers and cyclists alike. There is a large choice of golf courses within an hour’s drive and fishing can be arranged on the river with day permits available locally. The excellent beaches of the Moray Firth are just 20 miles away, notably Lossiemouth and Nairn, and the historic town of Elgin with its cathedral and Cashmere Centre is worth a visit. Come and enjoy! Beach 20 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£104From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Portknockie, ScotlandThis detached fisherman’s cottage is situated just a stone’s throw from the coastline of Portknockie. The Old Net Store has been renovated to provide bright and attractive holiday accommodation whilst retaining a ‘feel’ for the past. On the Moray Firth, this lovely fishing village is an ideal location for touring this unspoilt area. Dolphins and seals are regularly spotted along the coast (boat trips available to view close-to-hand). There is a selection of small shops, pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Golf, fishing, riding, cycling and visiting the famous Malt Whisky and Castle Heritage Trails are all highly recommended. Shop 50 yards, pub 120 yards.£48From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ballindalloch, ScotlandThe Old Boathouse is an exquisite holiday home tucked away in beautiful Highland countryside in the Cairngorms National Park. Situated a stone’s throw away from the River Spey, within the Tulchan Estate east of Grantown-on-Spey, The Old Boathouse is perfect for those wanting outdoor pursuits nearby and generally reconnect with the great outdoors. Renovated to a very high standard, The Old Boathouse is a luxury lodge within its own large enclosed plot. Surrounded by Highland nature, there are many locals that visit the garden throughout the day and night including red squirrels, pine martens, red deer and a wide array of bird life. This luxury property welcomes dogs, and the garden, as well as the local area for walks, is an absolute paradise for them to run around in. The garden also boasts a charcoal barbecue and patio area with garden furniture, but the piste de resistance is the welcoming hot tub.
Entering the property through the front door you’re lured to the right where there is large living/dining room with a wood burner taking centre stage. This living space is set-up round the fire, and is the perfect room to relax in after a meal and a long day either fishing on the river or exploring the national park. There are stairs up to the master suite from the living/dining area, but first there is another room beyond on the ground floor; a large conservatory with a Smart TV.
Up the stairs, the master suite has a super kingsize bed that can also be a zip and link if needed. The former dressing room that links the bedroom to the en-suite shower room has been renovated into a further sleeping area with twin beds, making this a perfect family room for four. Back downstairs to the front door and directly opposite is the kitchen with extra breakfast table. Like the entire house, it is decorated to a very high standard. There are two further bedrooms downstairs, both with en-suite shower rooms and Smart TVs. An exciting feature of the house is the games room which is accessed from the garden. It has a table tennis table and a galleried living area with yet another large Smart TV.
With some of the best fly fishing in Scotland available only a short walk away, permits available through the Tulchan Estate, and other excellent beats only a few miles away, including at Ballindalloch, The Old Boathouse is an excellent choice for fishing parties. Because of its position in the Cairngorms National Park, it also caters for families and groups of friends that want to get outdoors exploring on foot, by bike and also on skis. There’s also the Speyside distilleries to visit only a few miles down river, and many interesting towns and villages to roam around. Stay at The Old Boathouse and you’ll end up visiting year after year. It’s a truly special house in a fantastic part of the world. Shop, pub and restaurant 7 miles.£159From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Ballindalloch, ScotlandWelcome to the “The Speakeasy” a stunning Prohibition Themed Holiday Home! The Speakeasy is nestled in the heartland of the malt whiskey industry enjoying a quiet setting in one of Scotland’s hotspots, the town of Craigellachie. There is plenty to do and see locally including the Telford Bridge, distilleries, castles, a popular walk named the Spey way and sought-after salmon fishing on the river Spey.
Within the town there is the Craigellachie Hotel and Highlander Inn, both renowned whisky bars with great food. The property has been fully refurbished and is one of a kind in the area. This hidden gem within a fantastic, picturesque town.£116From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Cullen, ScotlandCullen is just one of the many jewels in the Moray Firth’s crown - a wonderful place for a great holiday experience! Spacious, with an airy feel, this house has a secluded sitting-out area with hot tub for guests’ use. It makes a wonderful place to relax in after a day out exploring the area or taking in the sea air along the gorgeous coastline. The owner also provides guests with towels. The property has ten bedrooms, three en-suite, sleeping up to 18 guests, along with another four shower rooms. To the rear of the property lies a quaint, gravelled garden that is not only home to handy storage for your beach gear, but to a bubbling hot tub; perfect for those days where you need to relax your muscles after ample walking or cycling along the coast!
The clear waters here are the base for a resident colony of bottlenose dolphins, and there are several companies in the vicinity running wildlife cruises, when you may also spot seals, many seabirds and even whales. Golf enthusiasts have a lovely links course practically on the doorstep, which has stunning views over the bay. Local dishes include Cullen skink, a hearty chowder-like fish soup; the nearby Cullen Bay Hotel holds the title of World Champion for this tasty dish! Moray is also known for its whisky, and there are many famous distilleries within an hour’s drive of the village. Cullen has a great variety of local amenities, good pubs and cafés, as well as a fabulous ice cream shop opposite the property. There is plenty to do here for all ages and abilities.£357From price per night based on 7 night stay