Pet Friendly Holiday Moray
Scotland's North East Coast is in an idyllic position surrounded by the stunning Moray firth coastline, Cairngorms national park, and part of the famous whisky trail. This peaceful location is a pawfect for a hound hideaway in one of Scotland's oldest tiny towns.
- Nairn, Scotland
Dog-friendly Golf View Hotel & Spa has a wonderful seafront setting in Nairn that embraces stunning coastal scenery through vast picture windows in their Hickory restaurant.£159Price per night from
- Ballindalloch, ScotlandGlenlivet View is a well-appointed, comfortable, detached lodge, situated in the heart of magnificent Speyside, home to over half of Scotland’s whisky distilleries and the world’s only Malt Whisky Trail. With panoramic views over the Glenlivet Estate and Cairngorms National Park, this is a stylish and cosy home perfect to either relax or explore this wonderful part of the Scottish Highlands. Inside, the open plan living space makes the most of the fine views from the patio doors overlooking the Cromdale Hills. The tranquil location makes it ideal for ’getting away from it all’, a true antidote to the pressures of everyday life. Situated approximately halfway between Aberdeen and Inverness, just a short drive from Dufftown, there are many distilleries open to the public including the famous Glenlivet, Macallan and Glenfiddich to name but a few. A short distance away are many castles, National Trust houses and gardens to visit including Ballindalloch Castle, one of the most beautiful and romantic castles in Scotland. Many activities are available in the area including fishing, walking, shooting, golfing, cycling, skiing at the Lecht, a falconry centre and the beautiful beaches of the Moray coast, all within easy driving distance. Beach 20 miles. Shop 10 miles, pub and restaurant 3 miles.
- Fochabers, Scotland£225Price per night from
- Ballindalloch, ScotlandThis attractive, refurbished, stone built, detached holiday cottage is set in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, and makes a wonderful base for touring. Just 3 miles from Tomintoul, there is easy access to fabulous leisure opportunities such as excellent walking, some of Britain’s finest fishing, and skiing in the winter months. Superb birdwatching, pony trekking or mountain biking can all be enjoyed, whilst Balmoral Castle, Inverness and Aberdeen are all within an easy driving distance for good days out. Good local amenities including restaurants and shops available in Tomintoul. Shops, pub and restaurant 3 miles.
- Keith, ScotlandNestling in 24 acres of natural grounds and woodland, this lovely detached holiday cottage is in a beautiful, remote, sheltered location within easy reach of Dufftown. It enjoys direct views of heather clad hills and the majestic Ben Rinnes from the back garden, and regular sighting of local wildlife including red deer. Guests can collect fresh eggs from the hens, and are welcome to explore and enjoy of the grounds surrounding the property. Enjoy walking, fishing, skiing, horse riding and birdwatching locally. Shop, pub and restaurant 4 miles.
- Aberlour, ScotlandThis lovely detached family holiday home is situated in a super location within the attractive village of Aberlour in glorious Speyside. On a small private estate, the house backs onto a lovely riverside walk along the banks of the Spey and is furnished and equipped to a good standard. Peaceful and quiet yet within walking distance of Aberlour’s interesting shops and eateries, the house makes a wonderful base to relax and enjoy the area’s many attractions. Accessed by a gate from the rear garden, the Speyside Way, as it is known, meanders through the village, through Strathspey down to Tomintoul taking in many well known distilleries on the Whisky Trail - ideal for walkers and cyclists alike. There is a large choice of golf courses within an hour’s drive and fishing can be arranged on the river with day permits available locally. The excellent beaches of the Moray Firth are just 20 miles away, notably Lossiemouth and Nairn, and the historic town of Elgin with its cathedral and Cashmere Centre is worth a visit. Come and enjoy! Beach 20 miles. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£114Price per night from
- Portknockie, ScotlandThis detached fisherman’s cottage is situated just a stone’s throw from the coastline of Portknockie. The Old Net Store has been renovated to provide bright and attractive holiday accommodation whilst retaining a ‘feel’ for the past. On the Moray Firth, this lovely fishing village is an ideal location for touring this unspoilt area. Dolphins and seals are regularly spotted along the coast (boat trips available to view close-to-hand). There is a selection of small shops, pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance. Golf, fishing, riding, cycling and visiting the famous Malt Whisky and Castle Heritage Trails are all highly recommended. Shop 50 yards, pub 120 yards.£87Price per night from
- Nether Dallachy, ScotlandThis lovely, cosy, semi-detached holiday cottage is within the peaceful hamet of Nether Dallachy, just a mile from Spey Bay on the beautiful Moray coast. Styled in a mixture of antique and contemporary fittings, the cottage is all on one level and makes a good choice for the less able bodied too, as there is direct access into the house from the French doors at the rear which open onto a small enclosed sitting area with lovely views across the fields. Spey Bay is home to the National Whale and Dolphin Centre and is a wonderful area for spotting many species of wildlife including minke whales, bottlenose dolphins, ospreys, seals and much more. There are spectacular views over the sea towards the mountains of Caithness from the long shingle beach, and the world famous Spey Bay Golf Club is at the other end. For walkers, the Speyside Way passes close by and runs from Buckie on the shore of the Moray coast to Aviemore. The Whisky Trail is nearby and there are good fishing opportunities on the River Spey itself. If all this activity is too much, just relax by the woodburner and enjoy the peace. Beach 1 mile. Shop and pub 4 miles, restaurant 1 mile.£44Price per night from
- Keith, ScotlandThe end cottage of a terrace of three, in a quiet part of Keith, an agricultural centre on the Whisky Trail, it is approximately 15 miles from the sandy bathing beach at Cullen on the Moray Firth, famed for its sunshine and mild climate. Golf and public swimming pool, 1 mile. Guests also benefit from access to the well-maintained Isla Bank orchard. An ideal holiday base. Shops, hotels and other facilities within 400 metres.£53Price per night from
- Fochabers, Scotland
Part of the stunning Gordon Castle Estate, the delightful, dog-friendly Courtyard Cottage offers the perfect base to begin a relaxing retreat among the serene Scottish Highlands.£97Price per night from