Pet Friendly Holidays Perth and Kinross
With stunning scenery featuring beautiful moors, lochs, waterfalls and woodlands, Perthshire is an amazing place to explore with your pooch. Perfect for adventurous doggie walks and countryside strolls, there's plenty for you and your canine to see and do before you find sanctuary in cosy dog friendly holiday cottages.
- Stanley, Scotland
Dog-friendly Ballathie House Hotel in Scotland is a superb four-star country house hotel located in the heart of Scotland in Perthshire.£100Price per night from
- St Fillans, Scotland
Situated on the banks of Loch Earn, dog-friendly The Four Seasons Hotel in Scotland couldn’t have a more picturesque location if it tried, with spectacular views of the surrounding landscape of Perthshire.£100Price per night from
- Kenmore, Scotland
One of the oldest hotels in Scotland, the dog-friendly Kenmore Hotel is nestled in the middle of mountainous highland Perthshire.£89Price per night from
- Blairgowrie, ScotlandCharming end terrace cottage surrounded by beautiful Perthshire scenery near Blairgowrie. Ideal for fishing, golf, walking and cycling. Open plan accommodation. Catering available. Blairgowrie 5 miles.£71Price per night from
- Blairgowrie, ScotlandSuperb detached cottage on the edge of the village of Newtyle near Kirriemuir. Woodburning stove, pet-friendly. Ideal base for a couple or small family. Kirriemuir 12 miles.£130Price per night from
- Blairgowrie, ScotlandSet on a Highland estate spanning 4500 acres with hills rising to 2500ft, these four holiday properties are situated on the edge of the Cairngorms National Park with a wild flower reserve nearby, and an abundance of wildlife including ospreys and huge herds of deer. For 300 years Cistercian Monks spent half of each year at this peaceful place, making butter and cheese and brewing beer from the pure springs that continue to feed the houses.
Delightful 18th-century Clover Cottage (ref UNH) is reached from its parking area via a short track across a stream. With its own large garden with views towards the great massif of the Grampians. Claypotts (ref SYH), a charming 18th-century cottage, is in an utterly peaceful glen at the heart of the estate with its own enclosed garden on the banks of the River Isla. Croft End Cottage (ref SPPX), a 15th-century cottage lies secluded behind double hedges and is a romantic yet fabulously comfortable place perfect for explorers, lovers and honeymooners. Brewlands Cottage (ref SDDB) is a 17th-century, cosy, very comfortable property in a lovely riverside location with fishing from the garden and views of high hills and surrounding quiet countryside.
The owners can arrange a number of different activities, including a beautician/masseuse, a piper who can give talks on Highland bagpipes, bird watching, cyle hire, clay pigeon shooting, falcony demonstrations, full/half day tailor-made tours including smoked salmon tasting and whisky distillery tours, photography stalking, tennis lessons with a junior Wimbledon finalist and wildlife safaris. The list is endless! All the properties can be partially or fully catered, including cakes, freezer cooking left for your arrival, and even children’s tea. Barbecues and picnics can also be arranged, as well as wine/whisky deliveries.
There are ancient wild flower meadows with rare wild yellow violets and orchids. Red squirrels live around the gardens and the walls support rare ferns and lichens which grow only in unpolluted places. Walking from the door of each cottage. Excellent golf courses at St Andrews, Carnoustie, Gleneagles and Rosemount. Glenshee ski resort is 35 minutes, as is Pitlochry with its theatre, restaurants and kilt and cashmere shops. An adventure centre 20 minutes away, with pony trekking at Balmoral Estate and many castles and stately homes to visit: Balmoral, Glamis, Blair Atholl, Scone Palace and Braemar. Visit the famous Whisky Trail. Riding centre 6 miles. The oldest tree in Europe is in Fortingall, 1 hour. Shops 12 miles, pub 2 miles.£95Price per night from
- Dunkeld, ScotlandThese three properties are situated in a peaceful wooded area with walks right from the doorstep and numerous roe deer around, yet only 2½ miles from the village of Dunkeld with its shops, ancient fountain and cathedral. Osprey Cottage (ref 15885) has been converted to create a super holiday retreat with rugs on polished wooden floors upstairs in the living areas, and cosy bedrooms below. Heather Croft (ref 26213) is a detached bungalow nearby, cleverly designed by the owners with lots of windows to maximize views of the surrounding countryside. The But ‘n’ Ben (ref 28139) is a charming converted barn for two. An ideal choice whatever the weather. Next door to Dunkeld is Birnam, home of the Beatrix Potter exhibition and where there are riverside walks along the Tay. An 18-hole golf course is 1½ miles away beside the Loch of Lowes Wildlife Reserve. There are walks and cycle tracks in the bordering forest. Fishing locally. Shops and pubs 2½ miles.£76Price per night from
- Meigle, ScotlandThis lovely, semi-detached holiday property is in a peaceful, rural setting, overlooking the Sidlaw Hills in the Vale of Strathmore. Explore walking in the beautiful Angus Glens or play golf locally at Alyth and Rosemount or St Andrews, Carnoustie and Gleneagles, all well within an hour’s drive. Cycling, fishing and tennis nearby. Glenshee ski resort is about 25 miles and Glamis Castle, Scone Palace, Edinburgh, Perth and the Highlands are within easy driving distance. Shops and pubs 1½ miles.£59Price per night from
- Perth and Kinross, ScotlandSet in a glorious semi-rural location and accessed via a stone chipped driveway, this most attractive semi-detached cottage welcomes you with a complimentary cream tea on arrival. It boasts uninterrupted views from the arched window in the living area over the grounds of the owner’s property towards the panorama of the Obney hills beyond. Curl up with a hot drink or glass of wine in front of the wood burner after a day out exploring the charms and breath-taking scenery of Perthshire, or cook up a storm in the well equipped kitchen. The cottage is attached to the owner’s house but is completely private with its own enclosed patio area to the front.
The village of Bankfoot is only 1½ miles away with a very good historic inn serving food and real ales as well as local shops and a renowned visitor centre. The pretty town of Dunkeld and neighbouring Birnam is worth a visit for riverside walks and also the Beatrix Potter Museum. The Fair City of Perth is just 10 minutes away and offers excellent shopping and dining facilities as well as parks, cinema and theatre attractions. Other places to visit are Pitlochry 25 minutes, Dunkled 10 minutes with Aberfeldy being the furthest away 35 minutes.
Scone Palace and racecourse are 13 miles away and Edinburgh, St Andrews and Stirling an hour’s drive through stunning scenery. Little Harrowfield will make an excellent base from which to visit the surrounding countryside with its abundance of walks, cycling, fishing, golf and history. Shop, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£66Price per night from
- Aberfeldy, ScotlandSituated within the grounds of the spectacular 16th century Castle Menzies, this superb stone cottage offers spacious holiday accommodation, spectacular castle views and private access to the walled garden of the castle. Tastefully decorated, it is ideal for exploring Perthshire. Castle Menzies stands north of the River Tay at Weem, close to Aberfeldy. There are many activities including walking and cycling trails, horse riding, water sports on Loch Tay, fishing and golf including Gleneagles, just a short drive. Edinburgh and Perth are accessible by car. Shops 2 miles, pub and restaurant 1½ miles.£74Price per night from