Pet Friendly Holidays Perth and Kinross
With stunning scenery featuring beautiful moors, lochs, waterfalls and woodlands, Perthshire is an amazing place to explore with your pooch. Perfect for adventurous doggie walks and countryside strolls, there's plenty for you and your canine to see and do before you find sanctuary in cosy dog friendly holiday cottages.
- Birnam, ScotlandThe cottage is the former Coach House to Heath Park, a listed property used by Beatrix Potter in the 1890s. Set in an elevated position on a quiet private road in the Victorian conservation village of Birnam, this cottage has its own garden within the grounds of the owner’s property. Walking, cycling, golf, fishing, castles, gardens and distillieries locally. Excellent transport links, with Dunkeld railway station, 400 yards. Shop and pub 600 yards.£46From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Crieff, ScotlandFiona’s Cottage is an immaculately-presented, semi-detached holiday home, renovated to a good standard and thoughtfully furnished for guests’ comfort and ease. Situated in the market town of Crieff in the heart of beautiful Perthshire with its lochs and glens, hills and mountains and spectacular scenery. This is the perfect location to relax and enjoy this area with friends and family. There are an abundance of cafés, restaurants, bars and local shops all within walking distance, as well as a network of local pathways and cycle tracks. There are 20 golf courses within 20 miles including the famous Gleneagles. Other attractions include lochs and river fishing (Salmon, Grayling and Trout Fishing, at cost, licence required), horse riding, mountain climbing, whisky distilleries, castles, parks and gardens to visit. Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday or a more energetic break, there is something for all ages to enjoy. Within easy driving are Perth, Stirling, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Loch Lomond. Shop, pub and restaurant 100 yards.£85From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Crieff, ScotlandSet in the picturesque conservation village of Comrie, amidst glorious Perthshire countryside, Westburn is a welcoming detached bungalow located just a 5-minute walk from the village centre.
Perfect for couples, friends and families who want to spend time together and explore this beautiful area. Refurbished to a good standard in 2019, Westburn provides a comfortably furnished holiday home that is a great holiday base from which to enjoy the wonderful facilities that Perthshire has to offer. Comrie is a friendly, traditional village with a high street with a local baker, butcher and greengrocer as well as a gallery, craft shop, small supermarket, cafés and hotels with restaurants and bar all within walking distance.
For guests with small children, toddlers and babies, the owners have put great thought into providing additional extras to make your stay a little easier. Facilities include a travel cot (spare linen available), highchair, changing mat, booster seat, bed guard, baby bath and a baby monitor. Even meal preparation has been considered too, with a hand-held food blender and bottle steriliser on hand. There are no low-level glass doors and all lower units are fitted with child locks. Westburn is truly the ideal retreat for greater peace of mind.
Great for walkers and cyclists of all abilities, from your front door there are many established public footpaths and cycle paths that lead directly out into the heart of rural Perthshire. The River Earn runs through the village and provides the perfect landscape for an afternoon stroll. For a more exhilarating walk, head to the Deil’s Cauldron where the River Lednoch cascades through a rocky gorge. There is a very scenic golf course, fishing, bowling and Loch Earn, 6 miles away, offering sailing and watersports.
For a family day out Auchingarrich Wildlife Centre is a short drive away and has much to offer all ages with a children’s play area, covered walkway to view the wildlife and a restaurant. After spending your day exploring, Westburn offers a spacious, welcoming holiday home to return to with the added benefit of an enclosed garden with a summerhouse where children can play. Shop, pub and restaurant 900 yards.£98From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dunkeld, ScotlandThese three properties are situated in a peaceful wooded area with walks right from the doorstep and numerous roe deer around, yet only 2½ miles from the village of Dunkeld with its shops, ancient fountain and cathedral. Osprey Cottage (ref 15885) has been converted to create a super holiday retreat with rugs on polished wooden floors upstairs in the living areas, and cosy bedrooms below. Heather Croft (ref 26213) is a detached bungalow nearby, cleverly designed by the owners with lots of windows to maximize views of the surrounding countryside. The But ‘n’ Ben (ref 28139) is a charming converted barn for two. An ideal choice whatever the weather. Next door to Dunkeld is Birnam, home of the Beatrix Potter exhibition and where there are riverside walks along the Tay. An 18-hole golf course is 1½ miles away beside the Loch of Lowes Wildlife Reserve. There are walks and cycle tracks in the bordering forest. Fishing locally. Shops and pubs 2½ miles.£75From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Dunkeld, ScotlandSituated within the grounds of Dalbeathie Estate, just 2½ miles east of the historical town of Dunkeld, this restored, detached villa, with garden, offers an ideal holiday getaway to explore the secluded central Highlands. The 8-acre estate sits high above the northern banks of the River Tay, and is surrounded by lawns, orchards, meadows, a sunken bowling lawn and mature woodland of the estate. Gates open onto the Murthy Estate where guests have direct access to the bank of the river. Dunkeld village is one of Perthshire’s hidden gems, with restaurants, pubs and shops (2½ miles).£98From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Crieff, ScotlandSet in a quiet and private location surrounded by woodland and beautiful countryside, these two holiday homes are in an idyllic location for couples to relax, unwind and enjoy this most picturesque area of Strathearn. The Old Stables at Westerton (ref UK12764) is a delightful stone cottage with a large private garden. The cottage, which is set in a cobbled courtyard, has been stables over the years and later a laundry for the estate. It has now been renovated to provide a welcoming cottage, maintaining original features, character and charm of the building. All on one level, the cottage is accessed by the utility room and is a good place to keep outdoor clothing, leading into the open plan living area. French doors lead from the living area to your garden which is perfect for al fresco dining or relaxing with a book and glass of wine whilst admiring the spectacular scenery.
Westerton Lodge (ref SRRH) enjoys an idyllic and tranquil woodland setting with a large private garden. This detached Victorian cottage makes the ideal getaway, providing spacious and comfortable holiday accommodation.
Strathearn, 4½ miles away, is a hub for many outdoor activities and an ideal location with mountain bike trails or tackling one of the many Munros or Corbetts in central Scotland. There are water sports on Loch Earn, loch and river fishing and 20 golf courses within 15 miles, including the championship Gleneagles, perfect for golfers. The Victorian tourist town of Crieff is only 2 miles away and a good location for refreshments with quality places to eat and lots of cafés with home baking. There is a deli which specialises in local produce if you are planning to eat in and there are some interesting independent shops, galleries and craft shops. Crieff is an ideal all year round location to visit and holds regular events and activities including a monthly farmers market, Highland games, traditional Scottish music festival and the very popular Drovers Tryst Walking Festival. Shop, pub and restaurant 2 miles.
These properties can be booked together to accommodate up to 4 guests.£52From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Rumbling Bridge, ScotlandThis delightful holiday cottage, converted from an old steading, offers tremendous views from the sheltered sun deck towards the Ochil Hills. Within the owner’s lovely grounds, the cottage is peaceful and welcoming, smart and stylish. A superb touring base set within wonderful scenery, it is only a ½ hour to Edinburgh and Perth and just a little further to Glasgow. There is excellent walking on the doorstep, wonderful golf courses (St Andrews, Gleneagles), and very good pubs and restaurants nearby. Take a walk round Loch Leven to Vane Farm (RSPB reserve) or a boat trip to see where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned. Shop 1 mile, pub and restaurant 7 miles.£56From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Comrie, ScotlandMill Cottage is a well-presented holiday cottage in a beautiful setting, with contemporary accommodation and panoramic views over the surrounding countryside.
This detached property is situated close to Comrie, with its challenging 9-hole golf course, amidst the splendour of Strathearn and the southern Scottish Highlands. Enjoy fishing, walking, sightseeing or just relaxing and enjoying the magnificent scenery. There are six walks starting and finishing in the village, taking you to spectacular waterfalls, craggy hills, and quiet wooded glens.
Castles and distilleries are just a few places to visit, the Glenturret Whisky Distillery and Strathearn Distillery are nearby, as are Blair Castle and the stunning gardens at Drummond Castle in Crieff. Glasgow and Edinburgh are only an hour’s drive away.
After a day exploring the area, you can relax and enjoy a glass of wine by the stream in the garden and enjoy the scenery. Shop, pub, and restaurant 2 miles.£86From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kinross, ScotlandThis detached, picturesque cottage enjoys a wonderful rural location, perfect for touring Perthshire, enjoying the Fife coast and St Andrews or even an easy journey into Edinburgh or Glasgow. Just 1 mile from Milnathort or Kinross for a variety of shops, restaurants and pubs. Thoughtfully furnished throughout, the lovely beamed living room has a cosy stove, perfect for a winter retreat, and the sunny patio is ideal for relaxing in with a glass of wine. Golf at Kinross or Milnathort, 1 mile or Gleneagles, 15 miles. Fishing on Loch Leven, or take a boat over to Loch Leven Castle, explore 15 miles of Heritage trails around the loch. Swimming, squash, riding and beautiful walks nearby. Shops 1 mile.£102From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Coshieville, ScotlandSet amidst glorious Highland scenery, with views over Ben Lawers and Schiehallion, this cottage has been converted from a single-storey barn and is equipped to the highest standard. A cosy holiday retreat, it is set with its own large enclosed garden up a private drive with a farm on one side, just 3 miles from Menzies Castle (open Easter – Oct). The nearby Kenmore Water Sports Centre on Loch Tay (2½ miles) offers water sports and fishing. Golf 2½ miles. Aberfeldy 5 miles. Lovely walks close by. Several pubs and restaurants within a 5 mile radius (nearest 3 miles). Shop 2
½miles.£68From price per night based on 7 night stay