Pet Friendly Holidays Scottish Borders
From the rolling hills and charming countryside in the west to the gentle valleys and the beautiful Berwick coastline in the east, the Scottish Borders is one of the most fascinating areas of Scotland.
A scattering of inspiring abbeys, castles and cultural landmarks share the landscape with spectacular scenery, so there's plenty for you and your pup to explore on what is sure to be a memorable dog-friendly holiday.
- Peebles, Scotland£250Price per night from
- Coldingham, Scotland
Coldingham Bay is a peaceful dog-friendly holiday park offering self-catering accommodation just a short stroll away from the magnificent Berwickshire coastline.£69Price per night from
- Kelso, ScotlandSet in glorious countryside just north of Kelso, with panoramic views towards the village of Smailholm, this charming holiday cottage is tastefully furnished to provide a comfortable base from which to explore. Kelso, 6 miles, set on the River Tweed has interesting and individual shops and eateries, an abbey, racecourse and ice rink. Excellent cycling, fishing and walking in the Eildon Hills, access to two 18 hole golf courses, historic houses at Floor Castle and Mellerstain, 2 miles. Cycle store at the property. Shops and pubs 6 miles.£88Price per night from
- Cockburnspath, Scotland
With the beach just a stone's throw away, Pease Bay is an award-winning retreat offering fantastic dog-friendly self-catering accommodation in Cockburnspath, Berwickshire, Scottish Borders.£100Price per night from
- Melrose, ScotlandLovely old end terrace cottage in Borders town of St Boswells, This is a beautifully styled cottage which accommodates up to three people, Open fire, Pet-friendly.£56Price per night from
- Gordon, ScotlandThis semi-detached holiday cottage, on a working farm, is 9 miles from the Borders town of Kelso which has a variety of shops and restaurants. An ideal base to explore this historic area. Less than an hour’s drive from Edinburgh and the sandy Berwickshire coast. Fishing and cycling locally. Shop, pub 1½ miles, restaurant 9 miles.£72Price per night from
- Gordon, ScotlandThis spacious home is ideal for family and friends wishing to share a wonderful holiday or special occasion. Relax in the hot tub or try an invigorating swim in the Rapid River spa, also enjoy the large enclosed garden with swings, a sunken patio, fountain and waterfall. Have fun using the barbecue and lunch alfresco, and make use of the wine fridge in the kitchen. Play the grand piano in the living room with its open fire or take a walk in the 90-acre community woodland. Visit the village park with facilities for all ages. Experience the excellent local activities, golf, salmon and trout fishing, horse racing, riding and ice skating. The Southern Upland Way and St Cuthbert’s Way provide wonderful walking/riding, or explore the spectacular Berwickshire and Northumberland coast. Nearby, Kelso has cobbled streets and interesting local shops, restaurants and pubs. The ancient abbey, gracious town square and beautiful views along the River Tweed may be explored by following the town trail. Ideal for visiting the historic towns of Melrose, Jedburgh and Coldstream, while Edinburgh is only an hour by car. Home made meals, celebration dinners and housekeeping by arrangement. Shop ½ mile, pub 3 miles.£537Price per night from
- Kirk Yetholm, ScotlandOriginally the ‘wheel room’ of a grain mill, this ground floor holiday apartment creates a wonderful light and spacious area for a truly relaxing holiday. Just a mile inside the Scottish border, surrounded by magnificent countryside, and 6½ miles from Kelso, the joined villages of Kirk Yetholm and Town Yetholm are at the end of the Pennine Way. Forming part of the owner’s mill house, with its own private patio, it provides a delightful base from which to explore the Borders and Northumberland. Historic Kelso at the confluence of the Tweed and Teviot rivers dates from the 12th century and has an excellent range of shops and restaurants with festivals and activities throughout the year. The Borders is a land of beautiful landscapes offering outstanding facilities for cycling, hill walking, driving, bird watching, fishing, horse riding and golf. Shop ½ mile, pub and restaurant 150 yards.£59Price per night from
- Biggar, ScotlandWith stunning views over hills and rolling countryside, this charming holiday cottage is situated in the Tweed Valley between the picturesque towns of Peebles, Biggar and Moffat. Woodend is conveniently located to explore the Scottish Borders, Dumfries and Galloway, and South Lanarkshire, with the cities of Edinburgh, 30 miles, and Glasgow, 50 miles. Also ideal for visiting such attractions as the conservation village of New Lanark, Falls of Clyde, 20 miles, Glentress Mountain Biking Centre or Traquair House, 15 miles. Dawyck Botanic Gardens 5 miles. Trout fishing (from 1st Apr - 30th Sep) and grayling fishing (from 1st Jan - 31st Mar and 1st Apr - 30th Sep) is available by prior arrangement with the owner, license required. Woodend has now entered the digital age, it is the “last” property on fibre broadband in the valley. Shop 3 miles, tea room/bistro 3 miles in Broughton£97Price per night from
- Eyemouth, ScotlandFormer lighthouse keeper's cottage beside nature reserve, on edge of delightful fishing village of St. Abbs. Superb touring base for Border Country. Berwick 11 miles.£65Price per night from