Pet Friendly Lodges Scottish Borders
From the rolling hills and charming countryside in the west to the gentle valleys and the beautiful Berwick coastline in the east, the Scottish Borders is one of the most fascinating areas of Scotland and the pawfect escape in one of our pet friendly lodges.
A scattering of inspiring abbeys, castles and cultural landmarks share the landscape with spectacular scenery, so there's plenty for you and your pup to explore on what is sure to be a memorable dog-friendly holiday.
- Gordon, ScotlandThe 200 acres of glorious parkland surrounding Mellerstain House, one of Scotland’s grandest stately homes, designed and built by William and Robert Adam, provide a wonderful setting for these two delightful cottages (S4568 and S4569). Visitors are welcome to roam the grounds including the fabulous Italian-style terraced gardens which command panoramic views over the lake to the distant Cheviot Hills. The scenic and historic attractions of the Border country are all close at hand and the beaches of Berwick and Holy Island are also easily accessible. Kelso, 6 miles, offers shops, inns and restaurants and is home of Floors Castle and the famous Kelso Horse Races, whilst Edinburgh, with its magnificent castle, museums, galleries and excellent shopping, is only a 35-mile drive. Fly fishing can be arranged locally, several golf courses are nearby and shops and pubs are just 3½ miles away. Beautifully appointed and very comfortable, these two properties offer a unique holiday opportunity. Clock House, ref S4568, has been beautifully converted to a high standard to form part of the Old Clock House dating from the early 18th century. Adjoining the Clock House is Courtyard Cottage, ref S4569, which has also been lovingly converted to a high standard and boasts three en-suite bedrooms. The courtyard coffee shop serves delicious home cooking on ‘house open’ days - and special occasions, large and small can be catered for by arrangement in the state rooms of Mellerstain House. Shop and pub 7 miles.£65From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Biggar, ScotlandWith stunning views over hills and rolling countryside, this charming holiday cottage is situated in the Tweed Valley between the picturesque towns of Peebles, Biggar and Moffat. Woodend is conveniently located to explore the Scottish Borders, Dumfries and Galloway, and South Lanarkshire, with the cities of Edinburgh, 30 miles, and Glasgow, 50 miles. Also ideal for visiting such attractions as the conservation village of New Lanark, Falls of Clyde, 20 miles, Glentress Mountain Biking Centre or Traquair House, 15 miles. Dawyck Botanic Gardens 5 miles. Trout fishing (from 1st Apr - 30th Sep) and grayling fishing (from 1st Jan - 31st Mar and 1st Apr - 30th Sep) is available by prior arrangement with the owner, license required. Woodend has now entered the digital age, it is the “last” property on fibre broadband in the valley. Shop 3 miles, tea room/bistro 3 miles in Broughton£62From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Newcastleton, ScotlandA detached traditional cottage with a hot tub near the village of Newcastleton. Excellent accommodation. Woodburning stove. Dogs welcome. Ideal for walking and cycling. Newcastleton 4 miles.£121From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Jedburgh, ScotlandA stunning barn conversion on the outskirts of Jedburgh in the Scottish Borders. Countryside location. En-suite bedrooms. Woodburning stove. Pet-friendly. WiFi. Remote. Hawick 10.8 miles; Peebles 37.2 miles.£71From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Duns, ScotlandThe charming detached holiday home is situated in a rural location on a working farm, yet within easy reach of the coast for a fun-filled day on the beach or perhaps some shopping around Berwick, whatever you are looking for you will find it here. There’s a well stocked shop at Reston village 5 miles and smaller local towns Eyemouth, Duns and Dunbar 10 miles.
The property is set all on the ground floor and is very well maintained, offering guests a superb level of comfort throughout. There is a spacious open plan living/dining room with a cosy wood burner, a very well-equipped kitchen with a breakfast table and a separate utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer, great for toasty towels after a rainy day exploring. The conservatory features rattan furniture and has doors leading to the garden, which is lawned with a patio area and garden furniture, the perfect place for some al-fresco dining. The property has three comfortable bedrooms, comprising two with double beds and the third with a single bed and a pull-out. There is also a room with a cot, so everyone is catered for. The bedrooms are served by a family bathroom with a power shower over the bath and a separate toilet room. Beach 4½ miles. Shop 5 miles, pub and restaurant 5 miles.£53From price per night based on 7 night stay