Pet Friendly Lodges Scottish Borders
From the rolling hills and charming countryside in the west to the gentle valleys and the beautiful Berwick coastline in the east, the Scottish Borders is one of the most fascinating areas of Scotland and the pawfect escape in one of our pet friendly lodges.
A scattering of inspiring abbeys, castles and cultural landmarks share the landscape with spectacular scenery, so there's plenty for you and your pup to explore on what is sure to be a memorable dog-friendly holiday.
- Kelso, ScotlandSet in glorious countryside just north of Kelso, with panoramic views towards the village of Smailholm, this charming holiday cottage is tastefully furnished to provide a comfortable base from which to explore. Kelso, 6 miles, set on the River Tweed has interesting and individual shops and eateries, an abbey, racecourse and ice rink. Excellent cycling, fishing and walking in the Eildon Hills, access to two 18 hole golf courses, historic houses at Floor Castle and Mellerstain, 2 miles. Cycle store at the property. Shops and pubs 6 miles.£74From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Hume, ScotlandPerfect for families or groups of friends holidaying together, this lovely holiday cottage has been created from original farm buildings to form roomy, flexible holiday accommodation. The spacious kitchen is the heart of the house with the Aga and long dining table at one end and a cosy stove and comfortable seating at the other. The bright sitting room has an open fire and French doors to the garden. Set in rolling countryside, 6 miles north of the picturesque town of Kelso, and 5 minute walk from imposing Hume Castle, this delightful holiday cottage also has a private enclosed garden and open countryside views. Range of activities to suit all ages and interests are available locally; cycling, golf, riding, horseracing, fishing, historic houses of Floors Castle and Mellerstain and the four great border abbeys of Kelso, Melrose, Jedburgh and Dryburgh, while Edinburgh is only a scenic 1 hour drive. Shops and pub 3 miles.£132From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Kelso, ScotlandThis private and self-contained wing of a beautiful Victorian country house is ideal for family gatherings and parties. It is the perfect base for exploring Northumberland and the Scottish Borders with its fine beaches, historic buildings and stunning scenery. This bright southfacing house overlooks its own secluded garden complete with barbecue, garden furniture, badminton and a large private hot tub for relaxing in, or for family and friends to splash wildly in. Beyond Yetholm Loch lies against a back drop of green rounded hills. The surrounding parkland grazes horses and rare breed Soay sheep.
Inside, you can enjoy the comfort of soft sofas surrounded by period furniture and paintings, an impressive library of around 3000 books, a chest full of toys, two open fires, a well used family grand piano, Wi-Fi, satellite television and a DVD player. There’s a special place for everyone in this spacious house. The well-equipped kitchen has an electric range and a large dining table. Adding to the fun of staying at Lochside Garden House is the treehouse, reached by a rope bridge and descended by a spiral slide, designed for adventurous children and adults. An adjacent barn houses a shared snooker table and the lawns of Lochside House provide space for family fun with a swing.
The Yetholm Loch wildlife reserve can be reached along beautiful woodland walks and is home to many species of birds and animals. If you are lucky you may see an osprey swooping down to catch a fish or an otter playing in the sunshine. There is a family boat which guests are welcome to use for fishing or for the fun of rowing surrounded by wonderful scenery.
The village of Yetholm is a couple of miles away with pubs, garage, butcher, grocery store and post office. Kelso is only 7 miles away with supermarkets and a wide range of shops. Edinburgh and Alnwick with its famous gardens are about an hours drive. Shop, pub and restaurant 2½ miles.
Lochside Garden House can be booked together with Lockside Stable House (UPK) and Avenel Cottage (UK10920) to accommodate up to 29 guests.£156From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eyemouth, ScotlandIn a tranquil setting directly overlooking the sea at Burnmouth Harbour, this terraced cottage set over three floors has been stylishly converted to provide a superb holiday base. Only 5 miles from historic Berwick-Upon-Tweed, 3 miles from Eyemouth and within an hour’s drive from the centre of Edinburgh, the options for days out are endless. Castles, battle sites and museums are all around for those interested in history, whilst there are leisurely coastal walks from the door. For the more energetic the Lammermuir Hills nearby have Hunt Law at a height of 495m and other peaks waiting to be climbed. Shop and restaurant 1.5 miles, pub 0.5 miles.£64From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Eyemouth, ScotlandTucked away on the edge of the picture postcard village of Coldingham, Garden Cottage has lovely light, spacious living areas and a great bathroom with both a shower cubicle and a bath. This property is perfect for guests with younger children, as there is a cot and highchair available. There are gardens to both front and rear, and it is just a few minutes’ walk into the village where there is a priory, as well as local shops and a couple of cosy pubs serving food. You can also enjoy circular walks round the village. Sandy, sheltered Coldingham Bay, popular with surfers and divers, is 20 minutes’ walk, and Coldingham Loch offers fly fishing. St Abbs is a fishing harbour with a café/restaurant, and St Abbs Head National Nature Reserve is a coastal headland with breathtaking panoramic views and awesome cliffs where thousands of seabirds nest in the spring. You can enjoy amazing coastal walks, including a 30-mile route from Berwick-upon-Tweed to Cockburnspath, or take a boat trips from Seahouses to the Farne Islands, or from Berwick-upon-Tweed on the River Tweed out into the North Sea. Edinburgh is under an hour by train from Berwick, a fascinating Elizabethan walled town. There is a working harbour and golf in Eyemouth, historic houses and castles galore, fishing nearby, and plenty of crafts and galleries. Beach 1¼ miles. Shop, pub and restaurant ½ mile.£78From price per night based on 7 night stay
- Westruther, ScotlandThis delightful whinstone house lies in a glorious setting in the village of Westruther. Just 33 miles from the beautiful city of Edinburgh, it stands detached and benefits from an enclosed landscaped garden and grounds which include several lawns, an orchard, and horse paddocks. The garden enjoys a wide open outlook on to the horizon over Lauderdale and makes the perfect place in which to relax after a hard day touring the beautiful Scottish Borders. The welcoming hall has a cosy open fire and comfortable sofas, which leads to an elegant living room with a vast stone fireplace. The large kitchen has a locally crafted dining table, perfect for wonderful, memorable meals or try the local inn a short walk away in the village.
Lauder, 8 miles, has a good selection of local shops and pubs as well as a golf course. Fishing and shooting can be arranged and horse riding is available locally. Excellent hill walking can be found on the Lammermuirs or Cheviot Hills and on the nearby Southern Upland Way, 2 miles. Thirlstane Castle, Mellerstain House and Floors Castle are just three of the many grand houses to visit nearby.
Edinburgh is a must for a day trip. This historic and magical city evokes the imagination of all ages. Dominated by the imposing castle, there are excellent tours of the city and castle as well as wonderful shopping, pubs, restaurants, cinemas and theatres. The Royal Yacht Britannia is permanently docked in the historic medieval port of Leith, and can be boarded for an interesting insight into how the Royal Family lived whilst at sea. Shops and pubs 8 miles.£282From price per night based on 7 night stay